Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Before I place an order for one of these new controllers. They are the updated versions right?
Yes they are and the price will probably drop to $60 near release. If not I am going to have to cancel and wait for maybe a deal if they still have these controllers in-stock near the holiday.

When I try to check out with the Master Chief controller, they are trying to charge me $5.51 shipping despite the fact that I am Elite Plus. Anyone else having issues?
Me also I did the chat thingy and they said i needed to call and place the order. Thing that sucks is I have like 6 gift cards im going to have to rattle off.

I'm curious to know as well because I still use my Halo 4 console. Does the AW Xbox One console make sound effects when turning on or off?
Yes it does. My assumption is that this Halo 5 XBOX ONE will also make unique sounds. All of the custom consoles in the past have. They just probably have not finalized what those sounds will be yet.

It probably won't happen, but I'm hoping for a Star Wars themed system that would go nicely with my R2D2 system. Battlefront bundle plz?

star1a.jpg

Or maybe a PS4 bundle for Battlefront. Though I used to have a PS4 and decided that having both a Xbox One and PS4 was too expensive because of online services and sold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe a PS4 bundle for Battlefront. Though I used to have a PS4 and decided that having both a Xbox One and PS4 was too expensive because of online services and sold it.
Sony already announced their Battlefront bundle. It's just the regular console in a Battlefront box, LOL.

battlefront-ps4-bundle.jpg

Placed my order for the two controllers at Best Buy now that theshipping is fixed.
One question though, if the headphones just plug into the bottom, how the heck do you adjust the volume and mute the chat? Those buttons were on the adaptor.

Placed my order for the two controllers at Best Buy now that theshipping is fixed.
One question though, if the headphones just plug into the bottom, how the heck do you adjust the volume and mute the chat? Those buttons were on the adaptor.
There are software controls that you can bring up in the Xbox One interface, although I have no experience with them.

That's some crap logic. Yeah, the PS4's $400 for a third-party, multi-platform console bundle with a 500-GB HDD. So, you either get a lesser storage device, or you have to account for the cost of the bigger drive. And no, they SHOULDN'T have just gone to $400 with none of the LE content. I was actually torn at first because I wanted the LE and the console. That they're putting all of the content in the console is a big plus to me.

It seems your post isn't about promoting discussion, but just an attempt to take a shot at the competition and praise the almighty PS4.
Forza bundle is 1 tb at $399.99 with game. I held out for the halo 5 bundle and simply wanted same $399.99 offering but microsoft blew it with this. They have to stop thinking that they are in the lead & try to get people in who already have a PS4 (which is most gamers in general) because getting an XB1 when already having a PS4 and Wii U is already a stretch but tacking on another $100 because it's the LE version of the game is not near as likely to move XB1 units into homes with PS4's. They should have learned this by now from the $499.99 kinect bundle. I'm not "taking a shot at the competition" as you say but simply pointing out an obvious marketing mistake on microsoft's part. This fall is a crucial time for microsoft to being turning things around to even the playing field but they just don't have the marketing sense to do so and the numbers will show it when PS4 continues to trample the XB1 in sales. A lot of folks like me were waiting for this XB1 bundle but this price tag is going to prevent many of us from getting one and instead just spending that money on more great PS4 titles coming out. I guess they did me a favor since now I can forget about it.

Forza bundle is 1 tb at $399.99 with game. I held out for the halo 5 bundle and simply wanted same $399.99 offering but microsoft blew it with this. They have to stop thinking that they are in the lead & try to get people in who already have a PS4 (which is most gamers in general) because getting an XB1 when already having a PS4 and Wii U is already a stretch but tacking on another $100 because it's the LE version of the game is not near as likely to move XB1 units into homes with PS4's. They should have learned this by now from the $499.99 kinect bundle. I'm not "taking a shot at the competition" as you say but simply pointing out an obvious marketing mistake on microsoft's part. This fall is a crucial time for microsoft to being turning things around to even the playing field but they just don't have the marketing sense to do so and the numbers will show it when PS4 continues to trample the XB1 in sales. A lot of folks like me were waiting for this XB1 bundle but this price tag is going to prevent many of us from getting one and instead just spending that money on more great PS4 titles coming out. I guess they did me a favor since now I can forget about it.
This one decision will not make or break Microsoft this year. In fact, they have made many more good decisions and direction changes in the past few months than they have bad ones.

P.S. - Thank you for typing "should have learned" instead of "should of learned" like countless other users would have done. That is becoming the new English on this website...

The two bundles aren't the same. The Forza 6 offering is just a digital game code. The Halo 5 one comes with all of the stuff form the $100 LE (Guardian statue, paperwork for characters, steelbook). You also get some console-specific stuff like special in-game armor and an emblem. Don't take that to mean that I think the price is right. The content from the LE is only a $40 added cost over the base game, and the FOTUS armor and emblem don't warrant another $60 on top of it. The thing should run $450, IMO. However, you DO get more than what a $400 bundle like the Forza one offers, so I don't think they should be the same.

Remember that that the Destiny: TKK bundle's going to run $400 with a 500-GB HDD, and the Battlefront bundle's going to carry the same HDD, but with a basic console (rather than a painted one, like Destiny is getting). I guess the two questions are:

1. Is Sony actually doing something better? I say no, they're charging the same price for a 500-GB, unpainted Battlefront console as Microsoft is charging for a painted Forza 6 bundle with twice the HDD space.

2. Is Microsoft doing something worse than last year, when it won the sales numbers in the holiday season? Again, I'd say no, since they have more options at multiple price points ($350 for a 500-GB console, $400 for painted and unpainted 1-TB consoles with different game bundles, and $500 for the Halo 5 LE bundle).

The two bundles aren't the same. The Forza 6 offering is just a digital game code. The Halo 5 one comes with all of the stuff form the $100 LE (Guardian statue, paperwork for characters, steelbook). You also get some console-specific stuff like special in-game armor and an emblem. Don't take that to mean that I think the price is right. The content from the LE is only a $40 added cost over the base game, and the FOTUS armor and emblem don't warrant another $60 on top of it. The thing should run $450, IMO. However, you DO get more than what a $400 bundle like the Forza one offers, so I don't think they should be the same.

Remember that that the Destiny: TKK bundle's going to run $400 with a 500-GB HDD, and the Battlefront bundle's going to carry the same HDD, but with a basic console (rather than a painted one, like Destiny is getting). I guess the two questions are:

1. Is Sony actually doing something better? I say no, they're charging the same price for a 500-GB, unpainted Battlefront console as Microsoft is charging for a painted Forza 6 bundle with twice the HDD space.

2. Is Microsoft doing something worse than last year, when it won the sales numbers in the holiday season? Again, I'd say no, since they have more options at multiple price points ($350 for a 500-GB console, $400 for painted and unpainted 1-TB consoles with different game bundles, and $500 for the Halo 5 LE bundle).
I needed to make myself a bit more clear. I did not want the LE stuff if it drives the price up to $499.99 (physical game disc LE would be much more attractive as well). I can understand this bundle with the LE stuff costing more than the forza bundle & with an extra controller it would have been perfect price point & I agree they are not too far off with the price of this with what is included. It is a nice looking console as well & a lot of work no doubt has gone into the design. As you say they are offering other good valued bundles I'm just a bit upset the one I had my heart set on is just priced too steep for me.

I needed to make myself a bit more clear. I did not want the LE stuff if it drives the price up to $499.99 (physical game disc LE would be much more attractive as well). I can understand this bundle with the LE stuff costing more than the forza bundle & with an extra controller it would have been perfect price point & I agree they are not too far off with the price of this with what is included. It is a nice looking console as well & a lot of work no doubt has gone into the design. As you say they are offering other good valued bundles I'm just a bit upset the one I had my heart set on is just priced too steep for me.
Well, two things to consider with this:

1. The $250 CE of the game also comes with a digital copy, but they're setting up a means of exchanging it for a disc copy. I imagine that those who buy this bundle will have that chance as well (in fact, I expect it's why the bundle goes on-sale a week before the game).

2. You could always sell the LE content, along with the extra DLC. Someone here said the Halo 4 FOTUS armor DLC sold for north of $100 when it came with the Halo 4 edition of the 360.

To me, the price is high, but I can live with it. I can get $200 minimum from my current 360, making this $300. I was also already planning to get the LE of the game for $80 post-GCU, so this saves me that purchase by including it. All things considered, the upgrade will run me roughly $220, plus tax. If I go the Craigslist route with my Xbox One, rather than trading it in to Best Buy ($204 in credit right now), I can probably make that a little cheaper. That's just me though, and obviously doesn't fit the narrative of all potential buyers.

Also, something I just noticed on Best Buy's site. They give no credit if you trade in a CoD AW controller. If you trade in the plain camo one, you get $34. If you trade in the blue camo one, you get $42. If you trade in the plain black one, you get $2. If you trade in the plain black one and the Play & Charge kit, you get $42. What the hell is going on there? I bought a P&C for $15 during Black Friday on the MS Store site. If I can trade in the controller and that for an extra $42 off the Halo 5 console, making trading both in worth $246, I'm game.

Sold my current Xbox One to a friend today and preordered this one.  Have a solid preorder deal from the last ms trade in so I sold the Halo 5 that comes with as well.  After movers coupon I'll be looking at paying about $100 difference, not bad.  I gave him a good deal.  This will look nice next to my Phantom Pain PS4!

edit: Wait you can trade in console deals towards preorders?  I will throw my 360 at that so fast.  I have a 360 E w/ 250gb that I no longer ever use.  When was the last "upgrade" event?  June?

Also, you get the $10 reward cert for the preorder?  I would assume so, but batman arkham knight console didnt go through until I called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this bundle come with a Kinect? The one that came with my launch edition X1 broke a few weeks ago. I don't own and haven't even ever played a Kinect game, but I miss being able to issue voice commands to my X1 as well as having everything in my entertainment unit master wired to it.

If it comes with a Kinect that would be a plus, but I'm heavily considering the bundle anyway.

Does this bundle come with a Kinect? The one that came with my launch edition X1 broke a few weeks ago. I don't own and haven't even ever played a Kinect game, but I miss being able to issue voice commands to my X1 as well as having everything in my entertainment unit master wired to it.

If it comes with a Kinect that would be a plus, but I'm heavily considering the bundle anyway.
I don't think so as I haven't seen any promo pictures with the kinect in them. It really should come with a custom kinect as well.

There are way to many rumors about what comes in the box and what doesn't. The Halo 5 LE console comes with the following:

x1 LE Locke-themed 1 TB console with custom lights and sounds (with all necessary cords of course)

x1 LE Locke-themed controller

x1 Xbox chat headset

The bundle also comes with the Halo 5: Guardians LE game (NOT the CE, which includes the statue). This includes:

x1 downloadable code (which can be swapped out for physical as people have said) in a custom Spartan-themed Steelbook

x1 Guardian Model by Metal Earth

x1 Warzone REQ bundle

x1 Access to Halo: The Fall of Reach animated series

x1 Spartan Locke's classified orders (dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris)

x1 Xbox Live 14-day trial

The reason this bundle is $100 more than the Forza 1TB bundle is because the LE version of Halo 5 is included with the system, NOT the regular version. Thus 1 TB console ($399.99) + Halo 5: LE game ($99.99) = $499.99.

IMO it would make more sense for the bundle to be $449.99 like some people have said. It would definietly entice people into buying this particular bundle more. However, whenever you have a specially designed system, they tend to get as much $ out of it as they can. I also think it is extremely stupid to release a steelbook with a dnl code. I mean, really?  All together though, I think it is a pretty snazzy system. This console next to my Halo Xbox 360 would look pretty snazzy.

There are way to many rumors about what comes in the box and what doesn't. The Halo 5 LE console comes with the following:

x1 LE Locke-themed 1 TB console with custom lights and sounds (with all necessary cords of course)
x1 Xbox chat headset

The bundle also comes with the Halo 5: Guardians LE game (NOT the CE, which includes the statue). This includes:

x1 downloadable code (which can be swapped out for physical as people have said) in a custom Spartan-themed Steelbook
x1 Warzone REQ bundle
x1 Spartan Locke's classified orders (dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris)

The reason this bundle is $100 more than the Forza 1TB bundle is because the LE version of Halo 5 is included with the system, NOT the regular version. Thus 1 TB console ($399.99) + Halo 5: LE game ($99.99) = $499.99.

IMO it would make more sense for the bundle to be $449.99 like some people have said. It would definietly entice people into buying this particular bundle more. However, whenever you have a specially designed system, they tend to get as much $ out of it as they can. I also think it is extremely stupid to release a steelbook with a dnl code. I mean, really? All together though, I think it is a pretty snazzy system. This console next to my Halo Xbox 360 would look pretty snazzy.
So it doesn't come with a Kinect then, that's disappointing. Still, it's hard to resist with the 1 TB and how good it looks.

So it doesn't come with a Kinect then, that's disappointing. Still, it's hard to resist with the 1 TB and how good it looks.
Another person who likes Kinect! Kudos man. I actually already have a Xbox One console w/Kinect, so I am selling my bro my old console and then upgrading to this one. I still plan on keeping my Kinect though, just selling him the console. It would be nice to have a matching Kinect for the system, but I'll take what I can get ;).

Another person who likes Kinect! Kudos man. I actually already have a Xbox One console w/Kinect, so I am selling my bro my old console and then upgrading to this one. I still plan on keeping my Kinect though, just selling him the console. It would be nice to have a matching Kinect for the system, but I'll take what I can get ;).
My Kinect is broken, otherwise I'd do the same thing.

Except you have to remember that the Forza 6bundle comes with a digital copy of its game as well, which runs $59.99. So, the actual difference in game prices between the Forza ($59.99) and Halo ($99.99) is only $40, not the $100 price hike that exists between the two consoles. Beyond that, they're both 1-TB consoles with custom paint jobs on the console and controller, as well as custom console sounds.

This is why I've said it should either be $50 (making the "Halo tax," only $10, not $60), or they should give us both controllers with the $500 bundle (giving us an actual $10 in surplus value, since the controller is $70, but the added price is only $60).

Sold my current Xbox One to a friend today and preordered this one. Have a solid preorder deal from the last ms trade in so I sold the Halo 5 that comes with as well. After movers coupon I'll be looking at paying about $100 difference, not bad. I gave him a good deal. This will look nice next to my Phantom Pain PS4!

edit: Wait you can trade in console deals towards preorders? I will throw my 360 at that so fast. I have a 360 E w/ 250gb that I no longer ever use. When was the last "upgrade" event? June?

Also, you get the $10 reward cert for the preorder? I would assume so, but batman arkham knight console didnt go through until I called.
Which site did you use to order the Phantom Pain PS4? I am actively looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

What is the Warzone REQ bundle?
Microtransaction crap where you can call in vehicles and weapons in the Warzone gametype. There are also cosmetic items in them that can be used in the Arena modes, but only Warzone can use the vehicle-/weapon-based rewards. It's pseudo-pay-to-win stuff that's on an in-game timer or something.

Which site did you use to order the Phantom Pain PS4? I am actively looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I don't know where he ordered his, I ordered mine from Amazon.fr. After conversion rates it's around $410 which is $40 cheaper than the AK PS4 bundle. Even about $80 cheaper if u include tax.

I don't know where he ordered his, I ordered mine from Amazon.fr. After conversion rates it's around $410 which is $40 cheaper than the AK PS4 bundle. Even about $80 cheaper if u include tax.
Damn...I might need to try this. I tried to order it from AU through Gamestop/EB but they don't ship stateside.

x1 Xbox chat headset

x1 downloadable code (which can be swapped out for physical as people have said) in a custom Spartan-themed Steelbook
x1 Warzone REQ bundle

IMO it would make more sense for the bundle to be $449.99 like some people have said. It would definietly entice people into buying this particular bundle more. However, whenever you have a specially designed system, they tend to get as much $ out of it as they can. I also think it is extremely stupid to release a steelbook with a dnl code. I mean, really? All together though, I think it is a pretty snazzy system. This console next to my Halo Xbox 360 would look pretty snazzy.
Don't forget the fotus armor dlc and emblem which sold for crazy amounts on eBay for the halo 4 console code.

Do you guys think these controllers will sell out? I know the CoD ones didn't  essentially sell out till Black Friday, when they were $40 at BB.

This Halo console looks nice.  The Master Chief controller looks good as well.  I got to be honest, I'm not that big on limited edition/collector's edition games but if I had money to burn, I would probably collect limited edition/collector's edition video game consoles.  I want both, this one and the Forza one.  

Could you buy $75 amazon credit from GameStop (I have tons of GameStop credit) and use that to preorder one of these controllers? Thanks.

Amazon.fr does not have any more available it looks like. If I order through GAME, it equates to almost $600 USD with shipping.

fucking hell

Could you buy $75 amazon credit from GameStop (I have tons of GameStop credit) and use that to preorder one of these controllers? Thanks.
If you are asking if you can buy amazon gift cards at Gamestop with your Gamestop credit the answer is yes. They are actually kindle cards but work just like an Amazon gift card.

bread's done
Back