Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

As long as the balance is still on your account when the controller ships, amazon doesn't charge until they ship.
That's true for paying by credit/debit card, but if I recall correctly, if you're using a gift card to preorder something, that gift card money is assigned to that preorder until either the item ships or you cancel the order, and it's not possible for it to get used for anything else by accident.

That's true for paying by credit/debit card, but if I recall correctly, if you're using a gift card to preorder something, that gift card money is assigned to that preorder until either the item ships or you cancel the order, and it's not possible for it to get used for anything else by accident.
Thanks for the correction.

For the people who wanted to know the sounds it makes

in-game sounds, including the Plasma Grenade charging up when turning the console on, smart-link activation when hitting the eject button and more
Definitely going to be listing the fotus armor on ebay.

Poor sound choices (though it doesn't say what the off sound is). Why something based on human armor involves a plasma grenade as its primary sound is confusing. In fact, I'd expect the smart link sound to be the one that is played when the console is turned on. Too bad it wasn't based on the Arbiter, they could have then made the on/off sounds be a plasma sword.

I have a question for those of you who are selling their Xbox Ones or have already sold it to upgrade to a different one. Is it possible to transfer your game saves to an external hard drive?

I sold mine to my nephew earlier this summer and didn't see an option to transfer my data. The cloud storage didn't work when I tried to download my GTA V save on my sister's Xbox One. My nephew still has the game saves and I'm hoping to transfer my stuff to a flash drive or external hard drive.

anyone notice the difference in dates for the controllers? bestbuy says I will get them October 1st, amazon has it for October 6th and gamestop has it for October 27th.

traded in my original one to gamestop bought multiple amazon gift cards with trade in credit, preordered halo system on amazon, can't wait till October

I have a question for those of you who are selling their Xbox Ones or have already sold it to upgrade to a different one. Is it possible to transfer your game saves to an external hard drive?

I sold mine to my nephew earlier this summer and didn't see an option to transfer my data. The cloud storage didn't work when I tried to download my GTA V save on my sister's Xbox One. My nephew still has the game saves and I'm hoping to transfer my stuff to a flash drive or external hard drive.
Yes you can. When I got an external drive for more space the options are either copy or transfer for each game. Only issue I ran into was any game that was in the middle of being updated couldn't be transferred before it's updated.

Yes you can. When I got an external drive for more space the options are either copy or transfer for each game. Only issue I ran into was any game that was in the middle of being updated couldn't be transferred before it's updated.
Thanks for the reply!

I tried it once with a flash drive and never saw the option. I'll give it a shot.

Wanted to post this separately, since a lot of people are bringing up the price. $500 really isn't that bad. The CoD AW console came with a digital copy of the game, a 1 TB HDD, and the special console and controller. That ran $500 as well. Granted, they've now changed that paradigm by going to $400 with the Forza 6 console, so I can get this disappointment on the $100 price bump for Halo 5's console. It DOES seem excessive, I was expecting $400 and am now a bit unsure I want to drop that much on a second console (I'd probably sell my current one for about $200 to fund it).

Still, the Halo 5 console DOES come with the added physical goodies from the $100 LE. Even then, those are only a $40 price premium over the $60 base games, so $100 is still hard to defend. I don't know what to think. They've got a precedent for $400 and a precedent for $500. This bundle DOES come with more than any previous bundle has, but those extras cost regular game buyers $40, not $100. I really can see both sides of the argument, and I'm bothered by the sticker price myself. I think $450 would have made more sense, especially for us GCU-wielding CAGs who can get the LE for $80, only $20 more than what the plebeians are going to pay for the base game.
The AW console came with AW, collector's edition items (all but season pass and Atlas Gorge), and the usual suspects for only $450. With this bundle you're paying an extra $50 for a steelbook for your digital download.

The AW console came with AW, collector's edition items (all but season pass and Atlas Gorge), and the usual suspects for only $450. With this bundle you're paying an extra $50 for a steelbook for your digital download.
Nope it left out all the physical items and only included the day one edition items so in a sense you got the game for $10 less that's it. Unlike this bundle that gets you everything in the limited edition and a exclusive armor dlc. If anything you just validated the pricing by listing what people paid for before.

It was actually announced at $500, but then Microsoft was running a $50 off promo for all models when it finally released, which is why it ended up $450.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried it once with a flash drive and never saw the option. I'll give it a shot.
You actually can't transfer save files for games to another storage device like an external hard drive. Rohman must think you meant the install files for the games themselves, which are transferable. But for the actual player saves, if you click on them to try to do anything with them, the only option is to delete them. Until Microsoft gets their act together and gives us the memory management options we already had on the damned Xbox 360, cloud storage is your only option to transfer saves.

Last edited by a moderator:
You actually can't transfer save files for games to another storage device like an external hard drive. Rohman must think you meant the install files for the games themselves, which are transferable. But for the actual player saves, if you click on them to try to do anything with them, the only option is to delete them. Until Microsoft gets their act together and gives us the memory management options we already had on the damned Xbox 360, cloud storage is your only option to transfer saves.
Yeah the cloud must have just worked for me than since I erased everything from my hdd and put it on the external drive when I got it.

Trying to justify this purchase or even the $250 version if the game, but can't really. Still want one of them...

Trying to justify this purchase or even the $250 version if the game, but can't really. Still want one of them...
I'd definitely go with the console. The statue in the $250 edition is pretty freaking lame, IMO. Plus, if you already have a One, you can trade it in as Best Buy or GameStop for about $200, making the difference only $300 for the console or $250 for the CE of the game.

So tempted to get a one now. So many offers to choose from: 

$500 bundle with master chief collection and 40" samsung hdtv

$349 walmart master chief collection bundle with bonus controller & game

$349 microsoft store master chief collection, 12 months of live, assassins creed unity

$500 halo 5 limited edition console ( hard to justify this one now with the other deals )

Awe man, that's exactly what happened when I tried transferring my data to a flash drive. The Xbone is so backwards compared to the 360. The cloud storage never worked.

Yeah the cloud must have just worked for me than since I erased everything from my hdd and put it on the external drive when I got it.
My Xbox always tried to use the cloud storage but it never worked properly.

I would be shocked/dismayed if they handled the two products in different manners.
I would be disappointed, but I would not be surprised at all. Console bundles now have an established history of coming with digital downloads rather than a game disc. Collector's Editions on the other hand, particularly very expensive ones, have never been packaged that way as far as I know with the exception of maybe the Amnesia one that is forthcoming from Idea Factory where you either get just the physical goods with no physical disc or the physical goods and a Steam code.

It'll depend on how they do the exchange. Maybe it's just something where you go on and enter your digital download code, they void it, then they mail you a game. If it's something of that nature, then there's not going to be a way for them to know CE vs. console. If they do it by receipt or something, it could be a different story, but I don't see a reason they would help out the people spending $250, but not those spending $500.

It'll depend on how they do the exchange. Maybe it's just something where you go on and enter your digital download code, they void it, then they mail you a game. If it's something of that nature, then there's not going to be a way for them to know CE vs. console. If they do it by receipt or something, it could be a different story, but I don't see a reason they would help out the people spending $250, but not those spending $500.
Essentially you are paying $100 for the Halo 5 Limited Edition ($399 for the console) vs the die hard fans paying $250 for the Limited Collector's Edition (these Collectors deserve the physical disc)

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="12858440" timestamp="1439248020"]All the articles that I've read only talk about the Limited Collector's Edition getting the swap for a disc[/quote]
Well the LCE and its contents were announced a while back but we just heard about the LE console bundle (last week?). I'm sure that factors in somehow.

Essentially you are paying $100 for the Halo 5 Limited Edition ($399 for the console) vs the die hard fans paying $250 for the Limited Collector's Edition (these Collectors deserve the physical disc)
False. The bundles all come with a game as it is. The $400 Forza 6 console comes with the game. Instead, you're paying $100 for the $40 upgrade from the base game to the Limited Edition of it.

That doesn't really explain why you bothered to quote me to post that though, since your post wasn't really related to mine.

False. The bundles all come with a game as it is. The $400 Forza 6 console comes with the game. Instead, you're paying $100 for the $40 upgrade from the base game to the Limited Edition of it.

That doesn't really explain why you bothered to quote me to post that though, since your post wasn't really related to mine.
False! You don't even believe that lol how are you going to compare the design of this console to that of the Forza one? This Halo xbox blows that blue Forza Xbox away.

If anything you are paying $399 for the console + game, $40 for LE stuff & $60 extra for that Limited sweet design.

Anyways, I'm not buying it lol

I'm just saying that you are getting a sweet system and Halo 5 for $500 vs those that are just getting Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition for $250. It makes sense to cater to those that paying $250 for a game, not so much to those that are buying an almost fairly priced bundle

I quoted you because your blind azz couldn't
see a reason they would help out the people spending $250, but not those spending $500.

False! You don't even believe that lol how are you going to compare the design of this console to that of the Forza one? This Halo xbox blows that blue Forza Xbox away.

If anything you are paying $399 for the console + game, $40 for LE stuff & $60 extra for that Limited sweet design.

Anyways, I'm not buying it lol

I'm just saying that you are getting a sweet system and Halo 5 for $500 vs those that are just getting Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition for $250. It makes sense to cater to those that paying $250 for a game, not so much to those that are buying an almost fairly priced bundle

I quoted you because your blind azz couldn't
So you're saying that if you spend $250 for Halo 5 and a goofy statue you're a diehard fan, but if you sell an Xbox One and throw $300 that's the difference at the console, you're, what, just someone with a passing interest in the franchise (not to mention those actually dropping the $500 for the console without trading another in first)?

Also, your placing dollar amounts on your aesthetic preferences are crap. I think that Forza console looks awesome. I think the Halo one looks good and all, and I intend to get it because of franchise preference, but I'd much prefer a Master Chief console to a Locke one. The Chief controller's a lot better, given the matching gold triggers and D-Pad, vs. the Locke's controllers dumb design choice of a blue foil D-Pad and plain silver triggers. I don't know that I think either between Halo and Forza has a better paint job, in the end. Regardless of those preferences, the Halo console basically has a $60 brand tax for being a Halo product, given the difference in prices and content. You're paying $100 more for the Halo console, even though its content is only $40 more expensive, if bought separately.

Really, I wish they'd have sold the console for $400 without the LE content. I could have then bought the LE for $80 with GCU, and I'd have gotten a disc copy and all of the content for less money. Heck, given that the Forza bundle comes with a digital copy of its game, a $400 Halo 5 console could have JUST had a digital copy of the game, and I could have bought the proper LE on top of it, and had TWO copies of the game, and all of the LE content, for $480. This is my problem with the pricing.

It should be $450, as-is. For $500, we should really be getting both controllers. I'm a sucker for Halo though, so I'll just suck it up and eat the $60 to get what I want, but that doesn't mean I like it. Maybe we'll get lucky like with the CoD Xbox last year, where they had the $50 off deal at the end of the year, right when the console launched, and it'll be $450. A man can dream.

So you're saying that if you spend $250 for Halo 5 and a goofy statue you're a diehard fan, but if you sell an Xbox One and throw $300 that's the difference at the console, you're, what, just someone with a passing interest in the franchise (not to mention those actually dropping the $500 for the console without trading another in first)?

Also, your placing dollar amounts on your aesthetic preferences are crap. I think that Forza console looks awesome. I think the Halo one looks good and all, and I intend to get it because of franchise preference, but I'd much prefer a Master Chief console to a Locke one. The Chief controller's a lot better, given the matching gold triggers and D-Pad, vs. the Locke's controllers dumb design choice of a blue foil D-Pad and plain silver triggers. I don't know that I think either between Halo and Forza has a better paint job, in the end. Regardless of those preferences, the Halo console basically has a $60 brand tax for being a Halo product, given the difference in prices and content. You're paying $100 more for the Halo console, even though its content is only $40 more expensive, if bought separately.

Really, I wish they'd have sold the console for $400 without the LE content. I could have then bought the LE for $80 with GCU, and I'd have gotten a disc copy and all of the content for less money. Heck, given that the Forza bundle comes with a digital copy of its game, a $400 Halo 5 console could have JUST had a digital copy of the game, and I could have bought the proper LE on top of it, and had TWO copies of the game, and all of the LE content, for $480. This is my problem with the pricing.

It should be $450, as-is. For $500, we should really be getting both controllers. I'm a sucker for Halo though, so I'll just suck it up and eat the $60 to get what I want, but that doesn't mean I like it. Maybe we'll get lucky like with the CoD Xbox last year, where they had the $50 off deal at the end of the year, right when the console launched, and it'll be $450. A man can dream.
Sure but you left out the fotus armor dlc which doesn't have a standard price because it will only exist in the bundle that's where they'll justify their cost. Call it $20 armor dlc I don't care but it is something unique to the console bundle. If anything you can sell it for that $100 difference later because people are stupid enough to buy it like they did with the last bundle.

I guess I do have passing interest. I picked up an Xbox One on Sunday & I'll be pre-ordering that Master Chief controller. It does look great; the d-pad & triggers are a nice touch.

Just to point out, the FOTUS armor has now been added to the LE console which will be exclusive to the console and not the LE game.  It wasn't advertised before but it's now listed as part of the bundle features.

Sure but you left out the fotus armor dlc which doesn't have a standard price because it will only exist in the bundle that's where they'll justify their cost. Call it $20 armor dlc I don't care but it is something unique to the console bundle. If anything you can sell it for that $100 difference later because people are stupid enough to buy it like they did with the last bundle.
You also get some kind of 10th Anniversary car pack with the Forza 6 console. It's probably a $10 DLC pack itself, but the FOTUS thing is an arbitrary, volatile pricing you can't guarantee one way or the other. It could be offered as a $5 microtransaction skin (since Halo 5 is totally embracing that crap), it could sell consistently for $20 on eBay, or it could sell mostly at $50, with brief spikes at $100+. You're trying to give a firm value to an extreme unknown. Regardless, your suggestion just indicated that it's a piece of DLC that might recoup SOME of the value, but its average price probably won't end up being enough to make up a $60 sink for the Halo branding.

You also get some kind of 10th Anniversary car pack with the Forza 6 console. It's probably a $10 DLC pack itself, but the FOTUS thing is an arbitrary, volatile pricing you can't guarantee one way or the other. It could be offered as a $5 microtransaction skin (since Halo 5 is totally embracing that crap), it could sell consistently for $20 on eBay, or it could sell mostly at $50, with brief spikes at $100+. You're trying to give a firm value to an extreme unknown. Regardless, your suggestion just indicated that it's a piece of DLC that might recoup SOME of the value, but its average price probably won't end up being enough to make up a $60 sink for the Halo branding.
I forget who was quoted on it but some rep from 343 confirmed that all preorder DLC will be unlockable in-game. The key part of that to distinguish is that only the FOTUS dlc won't be available as a preorder incentive anywhere. So yes although it assumes an unknown, it's going to be an important piece to factor in. Really it depends on the sellers. Some idiot sellers let go of exclusive stuff for $20. If everybody lists it at a high price buyers won't have a choice but to raise the FMV.

I forget who was quoted on it but some rep from 343 confirmed that all preorder DLC will be unlockable in-game. The key part of that to distinguish is that only the FOTUS dlc won't be available as a preorder incentive anywhere. So yes although it assumes an unknown, it's going to be an important piece to factor in. Really it depends on the sellers. Some idiot sellers let go of exclusive stuff for $20. If everybody lists it at a high price buyers won't have a choice but to raise the FMV.
This right here is why it's worth the "gamble". Me personally I'm fine paying the premium for this console since I was getting the limited edition anyways and I will prefer digital for mp games I like so I don't have to get my fat ass up to swap discs so that doesn't bother me.
In the end people are just spoiled now and feel they are entitled to free games with their consoles. Me I'm not going to care that I'm throwing away $60 or whatever bs number the whiners are throwing out saying this thing is overpriced. I'll tell you what if you can make a blank Xbox one look like this and have the custom sounds and pop some exclusive dlc out your ass for less than $60 be my guest go make your fortune like you're saying Microsoft is I'll be waiting to hear from my new rich overlords.

And before you say crap about the forza bundle yes you probably can paint it blue and use tape to give it a couple stripes I'll believe you ahead of time on that. Go ahead make your boring looking console idc.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but it just really does not make any sense at all whatsoever to include a steelbook case but no physical disc. If nothing else they should have included both as options...have the HDD pre-loaded so you don't have to install, or something. But an empty case is really dumb. Hopefully they offer an exchange program for a physical copy like they're doing with the $250 edition of the game. Still, this shouldn't even be an issue, because a disc should be included with the case. I'd rather have a 2nd controller and no steelbook...and have the game pre-loaded so you can plug and play after recovering Live.

I think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the DL/Steelbook combo.
I used to stay away from digital versions of games, but found that it can be very convenient for games that I play often, and plan on keeping.
...and as for the steelbook, I usually display those empty with the CEs anyway.

But I agree, a second controller instead of all of the limited edition extras would have been much better.

I think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the DL/Steelbook combo.
I used to stay away from digital versions of games, but found that it can be very convenient for games that I play often, and plan on keeping.
...and as for the steelbook, I usually display those empty with the CEs anyway.

But I agree, a second controller instead of all of the limited edition extras would have been much better.
i do have a problem with this but if they are dead set doing this and i am not getting the physical game then the price should be 30-40 cheaper to make up for it since i could trade it in and get credit for it, what if it has a ton of problems, doesnt work correctly or it sucks, at least i can trade it in to get some value back. also i heard the forza console will make sounds like this one

bread's done
Back