Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

Amazon updated Product description and this matches the $250 description but the statue looks different on the side of the xbox one box than the $250 version statue. So looks like statue is different but the descriptions are the same. This probably why its $500.

$500 Version with special system

Product Description

Edition:Halo 5 Limited Edition 1TB Bundle
Own the Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle, featuring a 1TB custom console and controller, a full game download of Halo 5: Guardians, the Warzone REQ Bundle that includes 14 premium Requisition Packs, FOTUS-class armor and multiplayer emblem. It also includes a Guardian model by Metal Earth, Halo: The Fall of Reach - Animated Series, Blue & Osiris team dossiers, and Spartan Locke's Classified Orders. With design inspired by Spartan Locke and UNSC technology, this extraordinary console and controller take you deeper into the Halo Universe. From the metallic blue accents and military insignias to the custom sound effects, this is dedicated to Halo fans. Get ready for the next evolution of Halo combat by downloading the game in advance so you can play on day one. Secure your Halo 5: Guardians Bundle now. Available at participating retailers, while supplies last. Halo 5: Guardians available for download after October 20, 2015; available to play after October 27, 2015. Digital content provided on multiple labeled download cards inside package. Download from Xbox Live: ISP fees apply. Warzone REQ Bundle, FOTUS class armor and multiplayer emblem require game and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). Halo: The Fall of Reach - Animated Series is streaming only via Halo Channel. Metal Earth model requires assembly.

$250 Version

The Limited Collector’s Edition contains a full game download and the following Limited Edition Content:

Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs

Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series

Guardian model by Metal Earth

Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook

Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders

Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris

Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial - perfect for playing with friends

It looks different because it's the statue you get with the $100 limited edition =P

You get the LE version of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition Xbox One Trailer review, features detail look of the console and the two limited halo 5 controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx9AZTG-AoI
at 2:45 headset looks different than the default one you get with a xbox one system? Is this the headset you get with the system too? it looks better.

Price is too high for what we are getting. If it included a second matching controller like my halo reach limited edition 360 then it would be a decent price. Should have just released it for $399.99 with just the halo 5 game by itself as with the forza bundle. PS4 is going to continue mopping the floor with the XB1 looks like. They just offer cheaper bundles for a more powerful console and a more powerful controller (built in speaker (awesome feature for gta V and other games) touchpad, and lightbar. PS4 is most likely going to be a repeat of PS2 in sales numbers 140 million when it's all said and done. XB1 will finish with about half that many units sold so 70 million, Wii U going to be lucky to get to 20 million. Lets hope this makes for even a better closer console battle next gen. Competition is so good to us consumers.

Price is too high for what we are getting. If it included a second matching controller like my halo reach limited edition 360 then it would be a decent price. Should have just released it for $399.99 with just the halo 5 game by itself as with the forza bundle. PS4 is going to continue mopping the floor with the XB1 looks like. They just offer cheaper bundles for a more powerful console and a more powerful controller (built in speaker (awesome feature for gta V and other games) touchpad, and lightbar. PS4 is most likely going to be a repeat of PS2 in sales numbers 140 million when it's all said and done. XB1 will finish with about half that many units sold so 70 million, Wii U going to be lucky to get to 20 million. Lets hope this makes for even a better closer console battle next gen. Competition is so good to us consumers.
That's some crap logic. Yeah, the PS4's $400 for a third-party, multi-platform console bundle with a 500-GB HDD. So, you either get a lesser storage device, or you have to account for the cost of the bigger drive. And no, they SHOULDN'T have just gone to $400 with none of the LE content. I was actually torn at first because I wanted the LE and the console. That they're putting all of the content in the console is a big plus to me.

It seems your post isn't about promoting discussion, but just an attempt to take a shot at the competition and praise the almighty PS4.

Man that exclusive dlc that came with the Halo 4 console went for a buttload of money when it came out. If this console has exclusive dlc, that could help reduce the cost if sold.

This is true, it's been awhile but I like I sold the dlc from my halo 4 console fur like $150, but that had a truly exclusive dlc that you could only get with the console though

A battle is going on in my head,I am starting to want it,BAD, but I know I don't need it and the price is crazy,I going to try my best to hold off,I have a feeling with will get "slims" of X1 and PS4 next year(or ps4 at least) and I could pick up one of these cheap used when someone will be trying to sell it off to get a slim

But msn this would have been nice if themed like MC, have it green and have his orange(like the triggers on the controller) where the blue is on it

Is the sounds it makes been released yet?

That's some crap logic. Yeah, the PS4's $400 for a third-party, multi-platform console bundle with a 500-GB HDD. So, you either get a lesser storage device, or you have to account for the cost of the bigger drive. And no, they SHOULDN'T have just gone to $400 with none of the LE content. I was actually torn at first because I wanted the LE and the console. That they're putting all of the content in the console is a big plus to me.

It seems your post isn't about promoting discussion, but just an attempt to take a shot at the competition and praise the almighty PS4.
You sure are very defensive over this console.

It's a bad deal because unlike other Microsoft bundles that were priced higher then standard bundles

This doesn't have a second controller (Gears 3 Console; Halo 4 Consle)

The Controller isn't exclusive to the bundle (Halo 4 Console)

This doesn't have exclusive content (Halo 4 Console)

It doesn't have a larger hard drive to justify the premium
Yeah, totally agree this Is a bad deal since I'd rather pay $100 less for the Forza bundle with the exact same hardware & improved controller. For $500 they would have to throw in the Kinect for me to consider it. Software doesn't matter as much since that always drops in value relatively quickly.

Is that ver rare because I can buy that ver used on CL for 300
I've only stumbled across one in the wild for sale outside of when they were first released, but I haven't really been looking for it. If you like the console and think the price is good AND don't mind being gang-raped via CL, then go for it!

I'll take the 1080p edition, thanks.  Seriously, the damn thing is a PC now, bump the GPU spec and everything still runs, except new games at 1080p instead of 900p and old games can be patched. Sell THAT without Kinect at $499 instead. Not just a damn paint job.

All these people complaining about this being an expensive collector's edition bundle.  We get it.  Don't buy it then.  There are better value bundles out there and you can go buy one of those instead.  It's a non-issue.

It's a bad deal because unlike other Microsoft bundles that were priced higher then standard bundles
This doesn't have a second controller (Gears 3 Console; Halo 4 Consle)
The Controller isn't exclusive to the bundle (Halo 4 Console)
This doesn't have exclusive content (Halo 4 Console)
It doesn't have a larger hard drive to justify the premium

I wouldn't be surprised if the $499 price is just a test and they drop it to $449 a week or two before release. Or they could keep it and continue to play second fiddle.
The console does have exclusive content though with the Fotus armor dlc just like the halo 4 console did. It also costs the same as getting a 1tb hdd xbox one and getting the limited edition game so wtf is the difference you would pay the same either way you'd just have one more copy of the game that way i guess. The controller thing being exclusive is just a stupid idea because people break their controllers all the time why not let them get replacements for them? At the end of the day your paying for a collector's item with a premium price you either buy it or you don't it's that simple.

The console does have exclusive content though with the Fotus armor dlc just like the halo 4 console did. It also costs the same as getting a 1tb hdd xbox one and getting the limited edition game so wtf is the difference you would pay the same either way you'd just have one more copy of the game that way i guess. The controller thing being exclusive is just a stupid idea because people break their controllers all the time why not let them get replacements for them? At the end of the day your paying for a collector's item with a premium price you either buy it or you don't it's that simple.
Agree, if you don't like the design or want to save something just purchase the LE version of the game via best buy with GCU and grab another 1tb console of your liking.

Does typing that make you believe it more than just telling yourself that?  A more powerful controller?  Come on.

You don't think X1 is going to start making up ground?  The rest of this year X1s game line up murders PS4.  You do like to play games on your consoles right?  I have a PS4 as well and until Uncharted comes out what experiences are you going to get that X1 owners won't.  The disparity in games is getting embarrassing.

Does typing that make you believe it more than just telling yourself that? A more powerful controller? Come on.

You don't think X1 is going to start making up ground? The rest of this year X1s game line up murders PS4. You do like to play games on your consoles right? I have a PS4 as well and until Uncharted comes out what experiences are you going to get that X1 owners won't. The disparity in games is getting embarrassing.
Well, personally I am looking forward to playing Tearaway, Persona 5, Uncharted Collection, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Tales of Zestiria, Dragon Quest Heroes, The Talos Principle,Disgaea 5 and Until Dawn this holiday.

Sony doesn't have a lot of big first party games this holiday but they do have a lot of exclusive/console exclusives im looking forward too.

I was going to get the Forza bundle but this just looks awesome. I may have to get this instead. Hopefully this bundle stacks with a promo like the ones they have with free 12 months and AC Unity with Xbox One purchase or something.

Does typing that make you believe it more than just telling yourself that? A more powerful controller? Come on.

You don't think X1 is going to start making up ground? The rest of this year X1s game line up murders PS4. You do like to play games on your consoles right? I have a PS4 as well and until Uncharted comes out what experiences are you going to get that X1 owners won't. The disparity in games is getting embarrassing.
And the exact same fucking thing happened with the PS3 and the 360, and the PS3 never really caught up (at least in the US) even with a buttload of more and IMO better exclusives.

And the exact same fucking thing happened with the PS3 and the 360, and the PS3 never really caught up (at least in the US) even with a buttload of more and IMO better exclusives.
Yeah that may be true. I thought the ps3 and 360 were basically tied at the end of last gen.

Seeing the comments about the controller is flat out ridiculous. The move light kills battery and is basically useless. The touch pad is useless.

And for the list of ps4 games above. I've beaten every uncharted and tearaway. Tales is the only game I'm remotely interested in

I wonder if GCU works on the console? Since it does come with a game? If not always the ever present movers coupon. 

Except that Microsoft continues to destroy Sony in features. Backwards compatibility..Yes please, free previous versions with new games.... I'll take it, all games with gold are backwards compatible ... Yup, cross buy and cross play with Windows... Pretty awesome.

All while Sony is over here trying to rent you a 5 year old game for 7.99 for a week.

On topic: This will look great next to my arkham knight ps4. :)

You sure are very defensive over this console.
Not at all. I criticized the pricing myself earlier. However, I actually stepped logically through how the pricing is off, based on the alternatives. I just don't like that the guy basically stopped in to say, "PS4's still going to sell the best."

Am I the only one here that would not hesitate to buy if they made the Halo 5 Xbox one look exactly like they made the Halo 5 Master Chief Controller instead of the Spartan Locke one? I personally think it would look soooo much cooler if that console looked more like the Master Chief controller, but as it stands I think I'll pass on this console.

I did however pick up 1 Spartan Locke controller and 2 Master Chief controllers. I'll keep the Locke and one of the MC controllers sealed and added to my collection I am however totally playing with one of those MC controllers forever.

I like the look of the controllers, the only problem is I'm getting the Elite controller. It would be nice if they came out and made a Halo design for the Elite controller.

system looks amazing, but the lack of split screen co op killed my interest in Halo, I grew up playing through them with my friends in the same room, not interested in being stuck only online. . . . that's what Destiny is for

Am I the only one here that would not hesitate to buy if they made the Halo 5 Xbox one look exactly like they made the Halo 5 Master Chief Controller instead of the Spartan Locke one? I personally think it would look soooo much cooler if that console looked more like the Master Chief controller, but as it stands I think I'll pass on this console.

I did however pick up 1 Spartan Locke controller and 2 Master Chief controllers. I'll keep the Locke and one of the MC controllers sealed and added to my collection I am however totally playing with one of those MC controllers forever.
I think I'd like that more, but I'm still going to get this one, it's far from ugly. I think this one has the benefit (to some) that it will stand out in a room better than a dark green console would. Still, I'd actually kind of surprised they didn't produce a console for each controller, since this game seems to be a lot about picking sides.

Now, I'm just more concerned with finding out how the digital code exchange will work.

I really want one to add to my Halo Console collection, but the $500 price tag and no Kinect really makes this deal less sweet.  Knowing me, I will get it anyways but damn....lot of coin lol

The cheapassgamer in me is what is stopping me from trading in my just bought Xbox one for this. I think I will just buy the game and that elite controller 😃

360halo3consolecontents.jpg

They previously made one of those.

I saw that Best Buy has the console for pre-order now, but no sign of the controllers.  Anyone see them there before?  Are they just not available for pre-order yet or did they sell out already?

Nah, they haven't gone up yet.
I've been checking pretty regularly since they were annouced.

Was thinking of just ordering with credit from Gamestop, but they have a release date of Oct 27th, while Amazon says they are due out early Oct.
not sure I trust Gamestop to get them to me as early as BB or Amazon would.

I saw that Best Buy has the console for pre-order now, but no sign of the controllers. Anyone see them there before? Are they just not available for pre-order yet or did they sell out already?
They haven't been up that I've seen. It'd probably be a better deal to get one of the Golden Crisp coupons and save $10 on it at the Microsoft Store site anyway.

They haven't been up that I've seen. It'd probably be a better deal to get one of the Golden Crisp coupons and save $10 on it at the Microsoft Store site anyway.
Thats a great idea, plus I have a $15 off a $50 purchase they sent me since I have not bought something from them in a long while, now if I could only find any of the cereal boxes with the coupon code...

Does it make halo sounds when u turn the system on and off

Thats a great idea, plus I have a $15 off a $50 purchase they sent me since I have not bought something from them in a long while, now if I could only find any of the cereal boxes with the coupon code...
Yeah, I'd be doing it myself, and I probably will sometime. However, my dad's still too lazy to fix my car, so transportation has been minimal in the past 2 months.

bread's done
Back