Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs are one thing I honestly don't care about.  PS3 and 360 games still look amazing to me, and I'd be fine with this generation going on another few years personally.  So which system might have games that look slightly better on one vs. the other next gen is something I didn't factor into my purchase decision.  As I said in my prior post, for me that all came down to lack of forced in motion/voice control peripheral, $100 cheaper, more varied game library on Sony (better Japanese and Indie dev support) and distrust/dislike of MS after my account hacking debacle a couple years back and the DRM stuff they tried to put in place.

I'm not much of a graphics whore, so I really couldn't care less about all the RAM differences etc. as I'm sure I'll be pleased with the graphics on both the PS4 and X1 anyway.

Specs are one thing I honestly don't care about. PS3 and 360 games still look amazing to me, and I'd be fine with this generation going on another few years personally. So which system might have games that look slightly better on one vs. the other next gen is something I didn't factor into my purchase decision. As I said in my prior post, for me that all came down to lack of forced in motion/voice control peripheral, $100 cheaper, more varied game library on Sony (better Japanese and Indie dev support) and distrust/dislike of MS after my account hacking debacle a couple years back and the DRM stuff they tried to put in place.

I'm not much of a graphics whore, so I really couldn't care less about all the RAM differences etc. as I'm sure I'll be pleased with the graphics on both the PS4 and X1 anyway.
im in the same boat in the end the gameplay is all that matters graphics if they look great is a plus.

console game absolutely do run at higher frame rates. Have you never read a DF article? Even if games sync to 30 or 60, then tend to drop frames all the time. Having the better gpu and more bandwidth means the ps4 version will run consistently smoother at a higher resolution. We saw this again this generation how many games were 640p, or how many games that were 1080 were actually 1280x1080 instead of 1920x1080? It happened all the time, ps3 and 360 multiplates shipped at different resolutions all the time. Same thing with AA, one version either had it or didnt, or they used different methods.

Also you keep on bringing up latency, but the cpu's do out of order execution.
Uh, do you know what V-Sync even is? It means locked frame rate. In other words, on my PC (a pretty beastly piece of work), I can run BF3 at around 120ish FPS. Or I can turn on V-Sync.. which then locks it in @60FPS, and absolutely nothing I do can change that.

What you are attempting to talk about is called simply drops in frame rate. Where heavy action on the screen will cause the locked frame rate (30, or 60 depending upon the game) to drop from it's norm.. say, to 25FPS for maybe 20-30 frames, then back up to its V-Synced 30 or 60.

Also, you are again talking about upscaling, which is completely different then what we are talking about. It almost seems as if you stumbled across some DF articles and are spouting simple talking points without understanding what those talking points actually mean ;)

Again, if you think latency has no impact.. you are clueless. Period. AMD's very engineers say that timings are critical on their APU's. You know, AMD? The guys who made the processor and the graphics card? I'd suggest doing some more google foo, or better yet getting some actual experience to further understand exactly what some of us are talking about :)

Specs are becoming more irrelevant for me. At the end of Halo 4 I was waiting for Cortana to come out and give me a handjob during the cut scene. Hell, I couldn't even tell the start of the game if that old lady was CGI or not. Graphics are just getting so damn pretty now.

Uh, do you know what V-Sync even is? It means locked frame rate. In other words, on my PC (a pretty beastly piece of work), I can run BF3 at around 120ish FPS. Or I can turn on V-Sync.. which then locks it in @60FPS, and absolutely nothing I do can change that.

What you are attempting to talk about is called simply drops in frame rate. Where heavy action on the screen will cause the locked frame rate (30, or 60 depending upon the game) to drop from it's norm.. say, to 25FPS for maybe 20-30 frames, then back up to its V-Synced 30 or 60.

Also, you are again talking about upscaling, which is completely different then what we are talking about. It almost seems as if you stumbled across some DF articles and are spouting simple talking points without understanding what those talking points actually mean ;)

Again, if you think latency has no impact.. you are clueless. Period. AMD's very engineers say that timings are critical on their APU's. You know, AMD? The guys who made the processor and the graphics card? I'd suggest doing some more google foo, or better yet getting some actual experience to further understand exactly what some of us are talking about :)
Seems like you're one of those guys/gals that just can't be wrong you'll come up with another excuse or straw man argument. I'll leave you in your delusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The controller battery life hasn't been mentioned yet, has it?
The Xbox One controller comes with 2 disposable AA batteries. The Xbox One Play & Charge kit is being sold seperately as an accessory.

Xbox One Requirements:

• 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
  • Xbox Live requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region. Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).
  • Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.
  • Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
  • You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and Standard Application License Terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.
  • Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
  • Additional requirements will apply.
Recommended Minimum Play Space:
Single player about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m) from sensor. Two players about 6 ft. (1.8m) from sensor. Play space will vary by game, application, sensor placement, and other factors.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
Xbox One Day One Edition entertainment system & Xbox One Day One Edition games:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last.

Day One Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership:
Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

Source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer
More details regarding the Kinect and Xbox One requirements.

or booing at the god awful game that is going ot be k.I hey it's free to play but if you want anything worth paying you have to pay for dlc
Did you watch the video? They either don't like the Xbox One or they don't like the fact that it's exclusive to the Xbox One.

Edit: Or maybe you're right and the video doesn't show everything.

or booing at the god awful game that is going ot be k.I hey it's free to play but if you want anything worth paying you have to pay for dlc

Once again a bunch of hard core gamers booing who knows what at a conference that will have nothing to do with the success of the X1.

Also anything can be taken out of context especially in a choppy YouTube video. It's hard to give this any credit at all.

My only take away from the out of context clip is that they are booing that KI is an exclusive. And not that it's just not coming to the PS4 but also the PC.

KI is going to be awesome. I already see myself buying all the dlc.

Also on regards to MS points going away. Does anyone know if they will be going to a card like the PSN?

Did you watch the video? They either don't like the Xbox One or they don't like the fact that it's exclusive to the Xbox One.

Edit: Or maybe you're right and the video doesn't show everything.
They boo'ed when Microsoft's name was mentioned. They actually were applauding/cheering, etc when KI was being played.

Most likely booing because of the fact that Microsoft still has not said if MLG, Evo, etc will have support for a non Kinect version of the console to make it as easy as it is now to setup matches. We all know why that is, if they can do it for them, then they could do it for the general public.... which would open up the flood gates again.

Here's a response from someone actually at Evo:

[–]UrkAngiJordi 1159 points

8 hoursago

Well I was at Evo. Killer Instinct didn't get booed, only mentions of X-Box One and Microsoft did.

Killer Instinct was on display the entire event at the Madcatz booth, and it was well received. It was constantly played.

Look at you, all talking sense and stuff. There's no place for that here!
But you're totally disregarding their valid reason for having everyone who buys the console having to have Kinect.

I also read Kinect costs almost as much to produce than the console. I'm not surprised by that but more surprised people are so surprised.

But you're totally disregarding their valid reason for having everyone who buys the console having to have Kinect.
And what is that? I have yet to hear anything from Microsoft as to why everyone has to have a Kinect, let alone a valid reason for requiring us to have it.

I've heard you can turn on the XBone with it, but that is not valid reason for it to be necessary.

Other than that, I've just heard speculation (and not from Microsoft, but from posters in this thread) as to why it should be included.

And what is that? I have yet to hear anything from Microsoft as to why everyone has to have a Kinect, let alone a valid reason for requiring us to have it.

I've heard you can turn on the XBone with it, but that is not valid reason for it to be necessary.

Other than that, I've just heard speculation (and not from Microsoft, but from posters in this thread) as to why it should be included.
It is necessary because it is vital for their plans for the living room. Has pretty much nothing to do with games.

i was told by the ms rep i talk to for my job that they will be money cards just like psn.
I wonder if that means the option to just straight buy with your CC or Paypal will be disappearing. Don't really like the idea of having weird amounts left over from money cards but it's really not that much different than MS points I suppose. Although I've heard from those in the beta that tax is added onto purchases now so you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with weird amounts left over while most MS points purchases are a nice round number.

I will never be happy paying directly with a CC or PayPal for digital games.  I will always want a card (or preferably points) option since those can be obtained from other places (and in the case of points, often at steep discounts).  For example, I can use my Gamestop trade-in credit to get a Wii U eShop or PSN card so I consider games on those systems to be cheaper since, in general, I trade my games in for more than I paid for them.  Hopefully MS will follow suit with cards like that.  Having leftover bits of credit is usually not an issue since it will always roll into the next card I add to the account and get used eventually.  And even if I end up with $2 or $3 that I never use, it was well worth it to use store credit as opposed to real money.

Not to mention using points or at least cards of some sort often means you don't have to have a credit card stored on their site.  I haven't had a CC tied to my XBL account at all and have been very glad for that.  It would be the same on my PSN account except that I think they made me put one in to verify my age for setting up my kids' accounts.

I also use cards for iTunes so when I once had a credit card charge for $29.99 show up from iTunes I knew right away it was bogus since I'd never put a CC in there.  Though Apple wouldn't do squat about it (get this - because of privacy concerns with whoever received the credit from my account) I did eventually get it reversed by my credit card company.  But had I stored a CC on my account and used it for regular purchases I may never have noticed the extra charge.

I wonder if that means the option to just straight buy with your CC or Paypal will be disappearing. Don't really like the idea of having weird amounts left over from money cards but it's really not that much different than MS points I suppose. Although I've heard from those in the beta that tax is added onto purchases now so you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with weird amounts left over while most MS points purchases are a nice round number.
I do not get charged tax so I think it must be by state thing? (Yeah I'm in the 360 beta)

I'm not super happy about the removal of points to be honest, since you could often times get fantastic deals on point cards or as some on CAG did be completely exploitative about it and get them dirt cheap.

I honestly think that is perhaps the entire reason they are going to a cash system. The point/$ ratio constantly fluctuated depending upon the current sales, vs a fixed cost to the developer of title your buying. Now its a fixed cost to buy and a fixed return to developer.

My guess is you will be able to obtain a card like on PSN/iTunesWiiU etc. or you will be able to buy via your Paypal or CC since this is pretty much the standard nowadays.

I honestly prefer just paying by credit card.  I get tired of having to watch the deals forum to find deals on cards, and I'm just not much of bargain shopper anymore anyway (unlike when I first joined CAG).

I do worry about hacking/fraud since my Live account did get hacked and points spent (didn't have a card linked at the time).  But as long as you just link a credit card and not a debit card/check card it's not much hassle to just dispute the charges.  If it's  debit/check card that can suck since the money is out of your bank account and can take a while to get replaced as they usually want to investigate first.  Where as the credit card company will just remove the charge and you'll never have to pay it as long as they verify it as fraud.

In any case, I like the convenience of just buying something I see on sale or whatever without having to hassle with looking for a deal on points, or buying points in advance in sales as I often end up with left over points I don't need as I don't my much digital stuff outside of DLC.

yeah im in the beta and prices are odd numbers and you can still use cc and paypal.

yeah im in the beta and prices are odd numbers and you can still use cc and paypal.
Glad to hear that CC and Paypal option are still present in the beta.

Oops... Don't forget your NDA
I wonder if anyone has ever been banned for violating that, I'd be really surprised if they went after people just based on the sheer number of people who disregard it. I'm not in it but I've heard about it and seen videos showing it and talking about issues people have run into just from my regular daily internet browsing. I've never joined a single XBL beta in fact but have always seen it well before the public release in screenshots and videos online.

zl10SZ0.jpg

This is a very good reason to be wary of Microsoft, especially with Kinect.  Border colors represent metacritic score.  Source

zl10SZ0.jpg

This is a very good reason to be wary of Microsoft, especially with Kinect. Border colors represent metacritic score. Source

Very skewed by not including 2005-2009.

MS launched some excellent titles during that time and Sony even had some like Uncharted that isn't listed.

This shows a time in which the Kinect (which sold 26 million units) was launched and they were supporting it where Sony had a hardware failure in the Move with a 4.6% install base. It also shows how poorly Sony supported the Move. No surprise they will be doing the same with the PS4.

Show me a graphic from 2005-2013 and then we'll talk.

Why do people continue to grab things out of context? Be fair at least and include the entire generation side by side not just a graphic skewed to show a snap shot of the last 3 years of the generation.

Even folks in your "source" are saying the same things...

Apple in talks to acquire company behind Microsoft's Kinect

http://m.cnet.com/news/-/57593892

The iPhone maker has reportedly offered $280 million to acquire Israel-based 3D-sensor company Primesense.

Stuff like that graphic is one of the big reasons there was no way I was getting an X1 after it was confirmed the Kinect was packed in. That was always an even bigger deal to me than the DRM crap.  

I LOATHE motion control stuff and it being packed in is a bad omen that it will get forced into all kinds of games like waggle did on the Wii.  And that chart just indicates how MS is still likely to focus a lot of game development resources on Kinect games given how much they shifted the latter half of this gen for what was a successful peripheral that will now be something every X1 owner not only has, but must keep hooked up.  Yeah, it would look different if you put the years before Kinect on their--but that's not the point.  The point is that it shows they're very committed to pushing Kinect gaming, and I want no part of that.

It's just clear to me that MS just thinks their path to success is North American gamers who are interested primarily in shooters, sports games and racers, and casual gamers and families who dig the motion control fitness, dance and party games and may also love all the TV and multimedia stuff.

While Sony is more focused on getting back where they were with the PS1 and PS2 and trying to really recapture the serious gamer market as that group buys more games per year.  And I'm including the Madden and CoD gamers who don't care about motion control BS in that group as well as many of those May switch (madden was huge on PS1 and PS2 when it was on top) and not just hardcore fighting game, JRPG players etc.

So at this point, it's really not worth arguing anymore.  If you mostly/only play western games, like motion controls and want all the media stuff, the X1 will be a great only/main console for you.  If you play wider variety of games, want nothing to do with motion controls and care little about media stuff beyond Bluray and major apps like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu (and really, who doesn't have multiple things hooked up to their TVs that can do those these days, along with tablets, smartphones etc.) then the PS4 will be the better fit.

There's not any objective "which is best" fanboy crap worth debating.  It just comes down to what type of games you are into, what type of control experiences you enjoy and which you don't, and what extra features you need in your only/main console.  Along with some additional considerations such as which the friends you game online with (if you play online) are getting.

Why do people continue to grab things out of context? Be fair at least and include the entire generation side by side not just a graphic skewed to show a snap shot of the last 3 years of the generation.

Because there was a clear change in direction with Microsoft when Kinect came out. It's not unreasonable (whereas including a year where PS3 wasn't even out is as you suggest) to only focus on the years in which the Kinect was out since it's just as important, if not more, as it has been the last few years.

I have no confidence in Microsoft to go back to the pre-Kinect days in terms of exclusive content they delivered.

It's supposed to be a strike against the Xbox that Kinect was successful and has been supported by lots of games, including some pretty decent ones, as opposed to the Move which has been forgotten and abandoned? :lol: Nobody who doesn't like Kinect games has to buy one. Meanwhile my kids and I have had some awesome experiences with mine.

As for exclusive franchises in general, yeah PlayStation has a lot more of them than Xbox. I hope that isn't news to anyone here. What matters more is which ones you enjoy.

ETA: Also, uh, where's Fable III, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake? Also if I'm not mistaken, at least one of those Yakuza titles is a remake of a PS2 game, yet I don't see Halo Anniversary on the other side?

Very skewed by not including 2005-2009.

MS launched some excellent titles during that time and Sony even had some like Uncharted that isn't listed.

This shows a time in which the Kinect (which sold 26 million units) was launched and they were supporting it where Sony had a hardware failure in the Move with a 4.6% install base. It also shows how poorly Sony supported the Move. No surprise they will be doing the same with the PS4.

Show me a graphic from 2005-2013 and then we'll talk.

it would hurt their argument that xbox has always sucked. might i add ms makes up for not have alot of 360 only games by paying tons and tons of money to have time exlusive dlc which is a GIANT deal for most gamers

if i did not get ps move for free from house party i would not even have the thing i waited over a year to buy a kinect seeing i was not sold on it put i played alot of kinect games at friends houses and me and my kids loved the thing and to be honest compared to ps move kinect is the better product hands down and kinect has alot of great fun games. Does kinect have games you will play every single day NO but it does have games that from time to time is fun to pull out at play like at partys or just by your self.  Another thing is that i really love the things you can do with kinect that has nothing to do with gaming its pretty nice when im watching netflix and controller is on other side of room i can use voice commands to do things.

if i did not get ps move for free from house party i would not even have the thing i waited over a year to buy a kinect seeing i was not sold on it put i played alot of kinect games at friends houses and me and my kids loved the thing and to be honest compared to ps move kinect is the better product hands down and kinect has alot of great fun games. Does kinect have games you will play every single day NO but it does have games that from time to time is fun to pull out at play like at partys or just by your self. Another thing is that i really love the things you can do with kinect that has nothing to do with gaming its pretty nice when im watching netflix and controller is on other side of room i can use voice commands to do things.

It's supposed to be a strike against the Xbox that Kinect was successful and has been supported by lots of games, including some pretty decent ones, as opposed to the Move which has been forgotten and abandoned? :lol: Nobody who doesn't like Kinect games has to buy one. Meanwhile my kids and I have had some awesome experiences with mine.
It matters for two reasons.

1. More focus on Kinect games equals fewer decent regular exclusives as developers devote resources to Kinect games even more now that everyone has one. So less reason to get an X1 if it's just getting multi platform stuff, since Halo and Gears are the only exclusives I really dug anyway.

2. More chance of motion control/voice shit getting shoe horned into regular games like worthless waggle shit did in Wii games since everyone has one.

Just makes the system very unappealing to someone who loathes motion controls and the types of games designed around them. I've been snipped to make sure I never have any crib midgets ruining my life since I despise kids and have never wanted them, so I'll never have that angle for needing a motion control gaming console in my house either. I just want top play traditional games with traditional controls, and will never buy another console that forces in more than that as I'm just not into any other type of gaming and would just quit when motion stuff or VR stuff becomes the only thing out there.

Again, moot for someone like you who enjoys motion controls. Kinect being packed in is a good thing for you since you and your kids should get even more games to play since it will be more supported.

And it's super great that Sony decided not to include the Eye camera so those of us who hate motion controls have a console where we can be 100% sure all regular games will have no forced motion control stuff.

It matters for two reasons.

1. More focus on Kinect games equals fewer decent regular exclusives as developers devote resources to Kinect games even more now that everyone has one. So less reason to get an X1 if it's just getting multi platform stuff, since Halo and Gears are the only exclusives I really dug anyway.

2. More chance of motion control/voice shit getting shoe horned into regular games like worthless waggle shit did in Wii games since everyone has one.

Just makes the system very unappealing to someone who loathes motion controls and the types of games designed around them. I've been snipped to make sure I never have any crib midgets ruining my life since I despise kids and have never wanted them, so I'll never have that angle for needing a motion control gaming console in my house either. I just want top play traditional games with traditional controls, and will never buy another console that forces in more than that as I'm just not into any other type of gaming and would just quit when motion stuff or VR stuff becomes the only thing out there.

Again, moot for someone like you who enjoys motion controls. Kinect being packed in is a good thing for you since you and your kids should get even more games to play since it will be more supported.

And it's super great that Sony decided not to include the Eye camera so those of us who hate motion controls have a console where we can be 100% sure all regular games will have no forced motion control stuff.
to be honest microsoft was never a big 1st party dev like sony and nintendo anyways so that point is nonsense

2. i doudt we will se forced motion controls in games yes you will have game like ryse that will be mostly that stuff but most 3rd party companys will not take the time to force use of kinect.

kinect being packed into x1 has more to do with using it to control the x1 more then it does for gaming with it. if ms was all up for games on kinect like they were with kinect 1.0 they would have went hog wild with games for it at e3. I think their is like 1 or 2 kinect only games at launch far less then people would think.

True that time will tell how much devs force Kinect stuff into regular games.

Even if it's just the first party stuff that uses it, that's still a big deal to me as things like Gears and Halo are the only reasons for me to consider an X1.  All the third party stuff I can just go with PS4 where there's no chance of any motion control/voice shit getting forced in.

If MS does a better job with first party stuff/exclusives, and time shows that motion shit isn't getting forced into regular games, then I might consider an X1 after a couple price drops if I'm at a lull in finding stuff to play on PS4.

But as you note, they've never been a first party publisher on par with Sony or Nintendo, so it's unlikely I'll find much reason to get one.  360 was great first have of the generation with Gears, Halo, Fable 2, Alan Wake, third party long-time exclusives like Bioshock and Mass Effect 1 etc.  The last half of the generation there really hasn't been much of anything in terms of new exclusive stuff.  Should have just sold the replacement 360 MS sent me after the hacking debacle as I haven't played a single exclusive since then.  Only benefit was enjoying BL2 with a friend who only has 360.  Other than that, it's mostly been gathering dust as I opt for PS3 versions of stuff the past year and a half do to still being bitter at MS over the shitty customer service and not wanting to give them money.

I think it's a very safe bet that you'll be able to play future Gears and Halo games with any Kinect functions turned completely off. But yeah, it can't hurt to wait and see. It's not like either console has an amazing launch lineup. I know I'm in no hurry to get either one.

I think it's a very safe bet that you'll be able to play future Gears and Halo games with any Kinect functions turned completely off. But yeah, it can't hurt to wait and see. It's not like either console has an amazing launch lineup. I know I'm in no hurry to get either one.
that is so true the launch line up for these systems are nothing to write home about. if i was not a die hard gamer i don't think i would get either one at launch. Most games people want are coming out for 360/ps3/pc and some for wii u. i think we might have have another wii u launch like thing going on that we get these avg games and launch and nothing worth playing till late spring.

Just because a game is exclusive doesn't mean it is a great game. Lets be realistic.
Of course not. But first party games are always the best in terms of pushing graphics etc. since they developers can focus totally on getting in running as well as possible on just that hardware without spending time on ports, developing to the lowest common denominator etc.

Which is why things like Gears, Halo, Uncharted, Last of US etc. end up looking and playing better than pretty much any multiplatform games.

Plus, exclusive games that you want to play should be the MAIN factor in picking a console. Who cares about the multiplatform games that you can play pretty much identical versions of on either Sony or MS consoles? I mean yeah, if you play online and have a lot more friends with one platform or the other, then that's an equally valid point. But aside from that, exclusives you want to play should be the main factor. At least for gamers. For people wanting a set top box, then sure Kinect, media features etc. can be a selling factor.

But as a gamer who wants a console solely for gaming, and who doesn't game enough to buy more than one console every again, it mostly comes down to who has the most exclusives I want to play. Though stuff like hating motion controls and pricing come into the decision to of course, when those things aren't equal across the board.

Of course not. But first party games are always the best in terms of pushing graphics etc. since they developers can focus totally on getting in running as well as possible on just that hardware without spending time on ports, developing to the lowest common denominator etc.

Which is why things like Gears, Halo, Uncharted, Last of US etc. end up looking and playing better than pretty much any multiplatform games.

Plus, exclusive games that you want to play should be the MAIN factor in picking a console. Who cares about the multiplatform games that you can play pretty much identical versions of on either Sony or MS consoles? I mean yeah, if you play online and have a lot more friends with one platform or the other, then that's an equally valid point. But aside from that, exclusives you want to play should be the main factor. At least for gamers. For people wanting a set top box, then sure Kinect, media features etc. can be a selling factor.

But as a gamer who wants a console solely for gaming, and who doesn't game enough to buy more than one console every again, it mostly comes down to who has the most exclusives I want to play. Though stuff like hating motion controls and pricing come into the decision to of course, when those things aren't equal across the board.
i have had ps systems since ps1 and have had xbox since x1 came out. i have growing to love alot of ps and xbox only games so for me seeing all the drm junk is gone it's a no brainer to have both by at least spring of next year. i hate knowing thier are games out that i can't play which is why i get all systems and pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back