Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't personally do it, but I don't see what the problem is with someone using a vacation day\day off for a hobby.

[quote name='Superstar']I wouldn't personally do it, but I don't see what the problem is with someone using a vacation day\day off for a hobby.[/QUOTE]

I don't either. But to take a day off to PREORDER an item seems going slightly far. Its not like a limited amount is being produced.

But to each their own

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']six days left i can't wait. I already took off work for that day just incase they open it up for preorder which i think is possible and can head to gamestop right away.[/QUOTE]
Who's working drive-thru that day?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You took the day off in case they opened up preorders?

Man... I'm at a loss for words[/QUOTE]

All I can say is taking off a day of work to preorder the new Xbox says everything I need to know about his posts in the Wii U thread...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You took the day off in case they opened up preorders?

Man... I'm at a loss for words[/QUOTE]

its a paid vacation day that had to be used up by end of may so why not lol

[quote name='kklems']More info. I believe the new console will be called Xbox infinity and they according to an article from the verge.com they are eliminating point cards going forward and will go to a system like itunes cards.[/QUOTE]

im hearing live will be free no more pay to play and they will use real currancy

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I don't either. But to take a day off to PREORDER an item seems going slightly far. Its not like a limited amount is being produced.

But to each their own[/QUOTE]

well wii u sold out at my gamestop for preorders in 3 hours. my gamestop never gets alot of launch systems and my area so if i don't preorder before they are gone i will not get one on launch

[quote name='RedvsBlue']All I can say is taking off a day of work to preorder the new Xbox says everything I need to know about his posts in the Wii U thread...[/QUOTE]

i don't see a problem taking off for a hobby lol plus it's paid vacation day plus if it was not for me one day of work does not kill when i work 60-70 hours a week normal weeks. it's no diff if someone takes off of work to go to a sporting event or other things lol.

I'll admit that I'm tempted to try and swap shifts with somebody so I can get off that day as well. Although, as long as the conference is over two hours long, I should be able to catch all of it regardless.

I don't see why it matters what another person does with their own personal vacation days. There could be lots of factors that go into that, such as losing that day if not used soon, an over abundance of racked up vacation time, or rarely using vacation/paid leave time in general.

I read that Microsoft had snatched up the domain "xboxfusion.com" or something like that (not sure on the URL, but the name was right), so it seems somewhat likely it will be called Xbox Fusion. Unless "Fusion" is a feature of the new Xbox... ah well, we just wait and find out.

I told my boss to switch my days off around so I could have the day off as well.
But honestly? I was off the last few E3's and it was nothing special. I'd rather just watch the video later in the days when It's open to watch and not read any reactions from anyone till afterwards, that way I get the best of both worlds.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Paul Thurrott is claiming the console will launch at $500, with a $300 Live Gold subscription "subsidized" model. Did the $99 subsidized 360 really move enough units to make them think they should try it again?
[/QUOTE]

He didn't claim that at all. He himself said he has no sources on Xbox and all his commentary on Xbox come from his own thought process and some regular Microsoft contacts that are outside the Xbox division. His $500/$300 was just how he thinks it'll happen.

He kind of mocked the media in one of his podcasts (the Windows one with Mary Jo Foley and Leo Laporte) where the media jumps on every little thing he says and takes it as insider info when it's often not. Thurrott has some decent Windows insider sources (though not nearly as good as Foley's), but his Xbox knowledge is nil.

500 seems pretty high price if you ask me i think 400 bucks is the sweet spot for microsoft. this day and age it's hard for someone to fork out 500-600 bucks like they did back for ps3. I think game companys know that so if i had to guess is ps4 and xbox will be around 400-450.

[quote name='crunchewy']I read that Microsoft had snatched up the domain "xboxfusion.com" or something like that (not sure on the URL, but the name was right), so it seems somewhat likely it will be called Xbox Fusion. Unless "Fusion" is a feature of the new Xbox... ah well, we just wait and find out.[/QUOTE]

fusion would be a better name then infinity

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']well wii u sold out at my gamestop for preorders in 3 hours. my gamestop never gets alot of launch systems and my area so if i don't preorder before they are gone i will not get one on launch[/QUOTE]

I didn't pre-order a Wii U, went out the night it went on sale about 45 minutes before it went on sale, and still managed to get one that evening.

To be fair, the area I'm in is actually pretty good for getting a hold of this kind of device. (lots of big-chain retail stores, lots of shopping options) One thing to do is not rely on GameStop. Pre-ordering from them is hardly ever a reliable way to get product the day of. They commonly take more pre-orderes than they can fulfill.

The big-box retail chains are usually a better bet for launch day. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Fry's Electronics, etc... These stores usually get more units than GameStop, and don't always take pre-orders, so someone willing to stand in line will have a better opportunity.

Location is also key in the launch day quest. I carefully chose a big-box store that I knew would be a little off the beaten path, and that most consumers probably wouldn't think to check for Wii U's. I chose well, and managed to snag the last unit they had in stock despite being so late to line up.

As to the May 21st announcement, I'm realy hoping Microsoft has something to announce about XNA, or whatever XNA's replacement is going to be. Their attitude toward developers, and indie developers in particular, has me concerned.

Can't wait to find out more about the new Xbox tomorrow. Will probably wait for a price drop before I buy it since many of the games I want are going to be on the 360 anyways but still excited to hear more about it. Maybe they'll convince me to get it at launch.

[quote name='crunchewy']http://xboxfusion.com/ currently redirects to xbox.com. So it's something, anyway. Could be a feature and not the console itself.[/QUOTE]

it's possible that is the name of the xbox but microsoft does own that website and others but it's the only one that leads to 360

Xbox Reveal
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT
(You can watch this on via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE via Live Event Player and Xbox.com and Windows Phone via Live Event Player app.
If you are in the US or Canada, you can also watch the broadcast on Spike TV.)

The post show panel hosted by Major Nelson will be at 3p ET/12n PT/19:00 GMT
(This panel will only be available globally on Twitch.tv, and if you are in the US on the Twitch.TV Xbox app)

[quote name='dirtyvu']Xbox Reveal
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT
(You can watch this on via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE via Live Event Player and Xbox.com and Windows Phone via Live Event Player app.
If you are in the US or Canada, you can also watch the broadcast on Spike TV.)

The post show panel hosted by Major Nelson will be at 3p ET/12n PT/19:00 GMT
(This panel will only be available globally on Twitch.tv, and if you are in the US on the Twitch.TV Xbox app)[/QUOTE]

errrr i hate twitch can't stand the website layout. Would be nice if jtv sold that dang website their programers sucks always have since jtv started in 2007

I hope they show the actual system and future exclusives. I read they plan to show off a new Forza, BF4, COD: Ghost, and the new FIFA. That lineup isn't too exciting for me since it'll probably be better graphics same gameplay...

We'll see though, I hope they blow our minds haha.

[quote name='killer9']free xbox live would be great[/QUOTE]

Not happening, too much money there.

[quote name='killer9']free xbox live would be great[/QUOTE]

Will never happen. If they did though maybe I would finally support the Xbox :lol:
Regardless, I'm still excited to see what they have to offer today. I expect to be disappointed in that they will only highlight features and not games, but I'm hoping they prove me wrong.

If all they announce Microsoft Studio-wise is Forza, that will be pretty disappointing. I'm sure a fair portion will be on the next gen Kinect. Unlike most here, that excites me. Dance Central 4 baby!

My guess is that today will be more about the hardware with a few teaser trailers sprinkled in to build up hype for E3, where they'll focus on the games.

Thanks for mentioning this will be shown on Spike TV. Today is the first time in years that I've had a Tuesday off from work.

Along with this next Xbox, I'd like to see a new Kinect that works with more of the apps on the system. It's annoying when you're navigating by voice and a prompt says you have to use the controller to navigate everything else. This would be even better if it worked when playing a DVD or Blu Ray.

I also wouldn't mind an adjustment to the points system (500 points equaling $5, 1,000 points = $10,etc.) and add a Dominos app. Who orders Pizza Hut anymore?

[quote name='shrike4242']Mass fapping to commence in one minute.[/QUOTE]

Shrike can't tell time? 10AM PDT...which is in another hour. You better have a big bottle of Jergens, lol ;)

[quote name='Erad30']Not happening, too much money there.[/QUOTE]

they are having free to play games on next xbox so it's possible. they might go sony way free to play but if you want say free games you pay for it like plus. Almost everyone that pays for live now would pay for a thing like plus.

if i was microsoft i would let EVERY thing out of the bag and leave e3 for more in depth game info. 360 was announced at same type of thing before e3 on mtv the system was showed at start and then gameplay and system info rest of the way.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Shrike can't tell time? 10AM PDT...which is in another hour. You better have a big bottle of Jergens, lol ;)[/QUOTE]Shrike can tell time. For the reason below:

[quote name='perdition(troy']Looks like people other than myself are getting a pre-rub in.[/QUOTE]

You have to warm up before you get into a long session of fapping, right?

[quote name='perdition(troy']E3 Is old news in today's world.[/QUOTE]

e3 will be dead sooner or later. every year they are making it harder and harder for anyone to go. remember like 3 years ago you could get in for just working in a retail store that sells video games. Plus companys are doing their own things these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back