Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The controller seems nice. I hope the D-Pad is improved for real this time. I'm actually thinking more about its use on the PC. :D

Right now I use the 360 controller, and the D-Pad is awful.

[quote name='HydroX']Upgrades will be available, I'm sure.

For a price.

milliondollarman.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. *Million Dollar Man Laugh*

[quote name='Josh5890']They keep saying connected but they haven't denied always connected to the internet.[/QUOTE]

They keep on saying 'kinected.'

[quote name='renique46']lol @this paid off audience[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think it is like at a TV sitcom where there are applause lights or posters for the audience.

[quote name='4thHorseman']"strategic partnership"

Code for: Timed exclusives...?

"Yo. You know those annual games? More are comin..."[/QUOTE]

This is my first SMH moment of this presentation. First, this is clearly why EA abandoned Wii U, because Microsoft drove a dumptruck of cash to their backdoor (can we expect similar shunning of PS4?). Second, sports games have largely been on the decline (aside from Fifa) every year and yet this "Ignite" engine is going to turn that around?

[quote name='4thHorseman']"strategic partnership"

Code for: Timed exclusives...?

"Yo. You know those annual games? More are comin..."[/QUOTE]

timed exclusives for Madden and FIFA would be HUGE

I was hoping for a TV DVR. Xbox One gives me a game DVR. I think this already exists. It's called Youtube. I get it's more personal but I'm not that interested in it.

And you guys called it on EA. Come on, Dominos. :p

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']timed exclusives for Madden and FIFA would be HUGE[/QUOTE]

Fifa Ultimate Team exclusive is huge.

I'm pretty intrigued by Xbox One if it all really works as well as what they're showing.

As someone who's pretty lukewarm on gaming, and spends a lot more time with my home theater set up watching TV, sports and movies than I do gaming, there's a lot to like in what they've shown.

I've gotten my home theater more simplified over the past year or so by getting a new receiver with HDMI inputs, combined with a Harmony remote etc., but it's still not near as seamless as what they're showing. Especially with the clunky DirecTV DVR taking 5+ seconds to change channels sometimes etc.

But still lots of questions about whether it really works as quickly as what they're showing (which is likely faked rather than real time with a working console), whether the new Kinect will work in smaller rooms unlike the current one, whether you can use it with any TV provider (I love DirecTV and don't want to go back to cable) etc.

I also like that they didn't change much of the controller design as I love the layout of the 360 controller with the offset analog sticks etc. Just looks like they improved the sticks and d-pad etc. which is great.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. With all this focus on the TV stuff etc., I doubt the hardcore gamer crowd is too thrilled with this conference. But it succeeded in getting this very casual gamer interested as it looks like it could be a great addition to the home theater (if it works as shown) even if I seldom played games anymore.

FUT exclusivity will piss off many people. Never liked the cashshop feel of it myself.

Nice to see my Timberwolves being video game losers just like in real life. :cry:

[quote name='renique46']lol @this paid off audience[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm starting to think it is like at a TV sitcom where there are applause lights or posters for the audience.[/QUOTE]

You both know this is being held at MS HQ, right?

[quote name='CodeTrader']I just want to know if the games we have bought on Xbox Live will work with the new system.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I could care less about Live TV functions and a million apps I'm never going to use.

Seriously, is this a video game machine or a DVR? This is ridiculous.

2 games and EA sports, that's all we've gotten regarding games.

[quote name='dvgamer']15 exclusives. Thats what I wanted to hear[/QUOTE]
Halo tv series :whistle2:#

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if I can preorder this shit yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure gamestop will take your money.

They are saving the games til last. It's only obvious they do that, to make you watch all this other filler BS first. It's how things work in the biz, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back