Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about talk about actual level design Activision. You know, instead of just following a hallway path :roll:.

They talk about graphics but they yet to mention how the game wont just be the same game with better graphics and a different story.

[quote name='Jodou']Why? Sony didn't feel the need to wait. They even kicked off the show with Knack, which is as far from mainstream as you can get lol. No, what we're seeing here is the fact that M$ has nothing to show gamers. They're still trying to capitalize off Kinect and CoD numbers because they know what sells.

Gaming is more than just chart graphs and only M$ doesn't care.[/QUOTE]

Sony didn't unveil their console 3 weeks before e3.

Graphics on this COD look pretty incredible, especially the dog. Has a video game ever used motion capture on an animal before? Pretty sure the PS4 version will look the same, if not close.

I don't have much experience with Halo, but with Spielberg on hand for a TV series, it can't be that bad.

New Remedy game looks nice. Can't go wrong with "creepy kid involved with city's destruction".

The features with Kinect are the standout for me during this conference. I want to know more about that and games. But I get it: This is an entertainment device. People may not like it, but this is the way of the future.

And wow, not even a "Have a good day" closing. That ending was more like "Save money and bring it to us."

[quote name='Spyder187']I see all the Sony fanboys decided to watch the MS reveal. Guess you guys had nothing better to do today?[/QUOTE]

Oh no, the PS4 is garbage too.

[quote name='Jodou']Why? Sony didn't feel the need to wait. They even kicked off the show with Knack, which is as far from mainstream as you can get lol. No, what we're seeing here is the fact that M$ has nothing to show gamers. They're still trying to capitalize off Kinect and CoD numbers because they know what sells.

Gaming is more than just chart graphs and M$ doesn't care.[/QUOTE]

I don't normally agree with you, but I think you're right. Based on this presentation, it looks like MS is really going a different direction with Xbox. Business-wise, maybe it's a good strategy. But nothing on this appealed to me, other than the new EA UFC game, which will be multiplatform anyway.

that conf was pretty dang impressive. Yes im a gamer at heart and i knew we would not see much games. the stuff they showed other then games was pretty impressive im sold on this sytems now the question is can it all work right when it comes out in november.

[quote name='Spyder187']I see all the Sony fanboys decided to watch the MS reveal. Guess you guys had nothing better to do today?[/QUOTE]
Yes, how dare we call a bad presentation bad.

[quote name='htz']They didn't even bother telling us if the xbox one is always online...[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, that isn't a feature you can really sell as a positive right now.

This was the worst console reveal event ever. TV interactivity crap, sports crap, no mention of the burning questions people have, and 2 non sport game trailers. Microsoft just failed so fucking hard.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, how dare we call a bad presentation bad.[/QUOTE]

how was it a bad presentation why did you come into this thinking we would see gameplay? i knew it would not happen i just wanted to see the system which sony did not do and im a person that uses my 360 for alot of things other then games and i loved what thye showed in that part

[quote name='Spyder187']I see all the Sony fanboys decided to watch the MS reveal. Guess you guys had nothing better to do today?[/QUOTE]Installing the new ps3 update and waiting for psn store to update.:cry:

[quote name='htz']They didn't even bother telling us if the xbox one is always online...[/QUOTE]
In an interview after the show, they said it doesn't need to be always online.
Looks good so far. Just have to find out the price for the whole system and what games will be available near launch.

I think it was an underwhelming presentation, but most of this is whats going to play well for the mainstream media. Hopefully this means their E3 presentation is going to be mostly games and not the TV/Sports junk.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']how was it a bad presentation why did you come into this thinking we would see gameplay? i knew it would not happen i just wanted to see the system which sony did not do and im a person that uses my 360 for alot of things other then games and i loved what thye showed in that part[/QUOTE]

Because they didn't show shit for gameplay when the PS4 shown months ago actually did. Why would someone expect gameplay footage from a console reveal? Crazy.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, how dare we call a bad presentation bad.[/QUOTE]

maybe because it wasn't bad, showed off hardware along with new features and some software. Bad would be a 2 hour long tech demo with no hardware

I'd consider myself an Xbox fanboy before I would a Sony one.

It can't be a shocker that people who play games wanted to see some info about games at the announcement about a new gaming console, can it?

Confirmed not always online per an interview with Don Mattrick.

I'm stoked about the system, but that was a turrrible presentation. Who the fuck cares about integrated fantasy football, jesus fucking christ. They didn't quelch ANY of the rumors everyone was expecting them to, namely always online/backwards compatibility/truly detailed tech specs/games/Orwellian Kinect/etc.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']how was it a bad presentation why did you come into this thinking we would see gameplay? i knew it would not happen i just wanted to see the system which sony did not do and im a person that uses my 360 for alot of things other then games and i loved what thye showed in that part[/QUOTE]
I Don't need 20 minutes of them telling me how a TV works and how I can go back and forth between watching TV, movies, games and whatever else ad nauseum. We get it. I Use my 360 alot for things as well, but for a GAME console reveal they sure did miss the mark on alot of things.

Wow all this talk of EA Sports games and CoD game sounds different then the same shit they put out every year.

They could've shown a montage of games or something and I'd be happy, but alot of wasted time.

Gaming is more than just chart graphs and M$ doesn't care.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that come E3, we will see those exclusives.

But as an actual event for the system, pretty damn disappointing and them playing it safe. Lots of info on stuff we already knew (timed exclusives, Kinect, apps), sports games and Call of Duty, and no denial on the always-on rumor that has been putting them in a negative light for months now.

If this was the way to steal the spotlight, it only succeeds in the casual market (which I doubt would be wooed by this) and by getting ridiculed by most gamers.

I was hoping that the rumor of Sony having another pre-E3 event was true, but aftrr this, they wont need it.

[quote name='Rosterking']Wow, what a horrible name. Never owned a xbox console, nor will I ever.[/QUOTE]

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']15 exlsuive games will be showed at e3. did you really think they would show every thing at this confs?[/QUOTE]

So, 15 games at E3 and 2 at Microsoft's own press conference. You don't see how unbalanced that is and why we're upset?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't normally agree with you, but I think you're right. Based on this presentation, it looks like MS is really going a different direction with Xbox. Business-wise, maybe it's a good strategy. But nothing on this appealed to me, other than the new EA UFC game, which will be multiplatform anyway.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, was the Games Tabe three swipes in? If thats the case wow it almost felt like the gaming functionality is just a side note and look at everything else it does other than game.

CoD Ghosts looks okay but BF4 gameplay trailer felt and had more of an impact in my opinion. Then again CoD is just going to suffer from First-Game-out-itis.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']15 exlsuive games will be showed at e3. did you really think they would show every thing at this confs?[/QUOTE]
do you try to out slidecage slidecage on purpose, or is this international.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4[/QUOTE]

You won't be saying when the next Xbox is called Xbox Two.

I was genuinely interested with an open mind and they simply offered nothing for me. I own a 360 that hasn't seen use outside of Fable and Gears of War. I was hopeful that something would catch my interest and turn me on to owning the next Xbox. I was very disappointed that in the 12 or so years they've learned nothing about gamers except what sells well.

It was a bad presentation because they didn't talk about games, at all. The near entirety of the presentation was devoted to DVR-like functions and "exclusive partnerships" and "exclusive content". Oh, and lest we forget Halo TV. It didn't need to focus on games but at least some discussion of what gaming related improvements we could expect would have helped.

This after-show is more of what they should have been showing for the presentation.

[quote name='tcrash247']So, 15 games at E3 and 2 at Microsoft's own press conference. You don't see how unbalanced that is and why we're upset?[/QUOTE]

well would you rather have more games today and less tv stuff or have mostly games at e3 an less tv stuff

I really feel Microsoft dropped the ball here and had a huge missed opportunity. This type of conference is great because you can actually focus on games instead of having to talk about all the multi media BS you generally talk about at E3. We should have seen more than 3 seconds of in game footage from a game besides Call of Duty. Hopefully, E3 they focus more on games but that's usually where you spend a huge amount of time talking about other features.

They could have gotten games really excited about this console today but instead they got them feeling ambivalent. Don't hold an event like this if you are not ready to show off any games. It's great to hear that we got new stuff coming but you got to show us something.

They absolutely need to bring it with E3, but today was all about the name reveal and only the most broad details about the console itself. This was a fancy show to show mass-appeal features. If you expected anything else, that's your problem. You should know how MS operates by now. I know that won't stop people from basing their purchase decision on this hype show :lol:

This thread is moving fast so I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but apparently Mattrick was just interviewed and said singleplayer games would not need an always online connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back