Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from work.....what did I miss today? ;) I did manage to order from the microsoft store before leaving for work after many failed attempts via gamestop. I was surprised to see a gamestop order confirmation later in the day.....must of glitched itself through.

So did most people succeed with a preorder? Does it appear that there was more stock than ps5 preorder?
I believe stock was less than PS5.

Just got home from work.....what did I miss today? ;) I did manage to order from the microsoft store before leaving for work after many failed attempts via gamestop. I was surprised to see a gamestop order confirmation later in the day.....must of glitched itself through.

So did most people succeed with a preorder? Does it appear that there was more stock than ps5 preorder?
Was able to get mine in. Like the person above me said it looks like initial batch was smaller and judging just by my outreach to the local GameStop that got 16 PS5s and 5 Series X I’d say that’s probably the case at most places.

Still there should be more chances at a Series X down the road before launch.

Was able to get mine in. Like the person above me said it looks like initial batch was smaller and judging just by my outreach to the local GameStop that got 16 PS5s and 5 Series X I’d say that’s probably the case at most places.
Still there should be more chances at a Series X down the road before launch.
People have been getting messages from Xbox support saying that there won't be any new consoles available for purchase until release day.

It’s also possible that Microsoft has either told their CSRs to tell people that or they’re just speculating and really don’t have any solid info. I was one of the people who spoke to a CSR and she seemed nice but I’m not sure if she had actual knowledge of their larger plan. There have been several tweets indicating that additional stock will be available on the 10th ... not sure if that applies to MS Store, but assuming other retailers may have additional units beyond preorders.

It’s also possible that Microsoft has either told their CSRs to tell people that or they’re just speculating and really don’t have any solid info. I was one of the people who spoke to a CSR and she seemed nice but I’m not sure if she had actual knowledge of their larger plan. There have been several tweets indicating that additional stock will be available on the 10th ... not sure if that applies to MS Store, but assuming other retailers may have additional units beyond preorders.
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Microsoft said there would be more preorders down the line but maybe that was just a misinformed article.

If you Pre Ordered form Microsoft read this

Around 8:30am after trying on Microsoft's website for 30mins I got my pre-order in.  I was able to use the 200.00 in bing rewards credits that I have saved up for this event.  It took sometime to spam and get to the final purchasing on Microsoft.  I had one issue before hitting "complete my order" and that issue was my receipt was going to a back up email on an old blackberry from 2008. 

I couldn't change the email and just said screw it, and hit the complete my order button.  It seemed like everything was good and I got my pre-order in.  I got the final screen and I even got an order number.  I knew I wasn't going to get an email since it went to a secondary email for some reason.  I went and checked my Microsoft account balance and all the credit was gone.  Then I went to my credit card app to see if they put the hold on there for the remaining balance (there was no hold or anything). I saw a message saying the account balance would be taken right now, but I will not be charged until 10 days prior to shipping.  I still felt confident I got my pre-order in because the Microsoft balance was back to zero.  I also took screen shots of the final page with my order number and everything.  . 

So I went into my Microsoft account and into my order history.  And long behold nothing was in there. Just stuff I ordered on xbox last week and me redeeming bing rewards.  But no pre-order.  So I called Microsoft and it took over an hour for someone to pick up.  And he told me he couldn't find my pre-order anywhere.  He said we can't look up anything my order numbers.  He apologized and I went back to work and checked my Microsoft account balance late tonight and long behold all my credit is back in there.  So It looks like I didn't get a pre-order in like I originally thought.

Check your order history on your Microsoft account.  If there is no pre-order it probably didn't go thru. 

409-C835-E-5-C81-4-F05-BB6-E-0-A235-D83076-D-1-201-a.jpg
872-F2648-553-F-4750-B912-F6-F08-E18667-B-1-201-a.jpg

If you Pre Ordered form Microsoft read this

Around 8:30am after trying on Microsoft's website for 30mins I got my pre-order in. I was able to use the 200.00 in bing rewards credits that I have saved up for this event. It took sometime to spam and get to the final purchasing on Microsoft. I had one issue before hitting "complete my order" and that issue was my receipt was going to a back up email on an old blackberry from 2008.

I couldn't change the email and just said screw it, and hit the complete my order button. It seemed like everything was good and I got my pre-order in. I got the final screen and I even got an order number. I knew I wasn't going to get an email since it went to a secondary email for some reason. I went and checked my Microsoft account balance and all the credit was gone. Then I went to my credit card app to see if they put the hold on there for the remaining balance (there was no hold or anything). I saw a message saying the account balance would be taken right now, but I will not be charged until 10 days prior to shipping. I still felt confident I got my pre-order in because the Microsoft balance was back to zero. I also took screen shots of the final page with my order number and everything. .

So I went into my Microsoft account and into my order history. And long behold nothing was in there. Just stuff I ordered on xbox last week and me redeeming bing rewards. But no pre-order. So I called Microsoft and it took over an hour for someone to pick up. And he told me he couldn't find my pre-order anywhere. He said we can't look up anything my order numbers. He apologized and I went back to work and checked my Microsoft account balance late tonight and long behold all my credit is back in there. So It looks like I didn't get a pre-order in like I originally thought.

Check your order history on your Microsoft account. If there is no pre-order it probably didn't go thru.

409-C835-E-5-C81-4-F05-BB6-E-0-A235-D83076-D-1-201-a.jpg
872-F2648-553-F-4750-B912-F6-F08-E18667-B-1-201-a.jpg
Yikes, that sucks man. Thanks for the heads up, going to check mine now.

I am glad that you got your credit back at least, I'd be so pissed if my credit just disappeared out of nowhere.

Assuming you didn’t actually block me, my Wii U has every console Zelda game plus the DS games, every console Metroid game plus Fusion, and tons of Mario games. Plus, the tablet controller is fantastic. Much more comfortable than Switch in handheld mode and I’m home often enough that being able to play on the couch while something else is on TV is good enough, I don’t really need it to be able to be taken everywhere. So I’m super excited for the quick load times and ray tracing and all that, and Game Pass is a fantastic value, but I doubt the Series X will get more run than my Wii U.

Does anyone know if the PowerA Xbox One controller charging dock will work with Xbox Series X Controllers? The inputs look exactly the same. It would be nice to not have to buy another one.

Assuming you didn’t actually block me, my Wii U has every console Zelda game plus the DS games, every console Metroid game plus Fusion, and tons of Mario games. Plus, the tablet controller is fantastic. Much more comfortable than Switch in handheld mode and I’m home often enough that being able to play on the couch while something else is on TV is good enough, I don’t really need it to be able to be taken everywhere. So I’m super excited for the quick load times and ray tracing and all that, and Game Pass is a fantastic value, but I doubt the Series X will get more run than my Wii U.
I didn't block you for real, and was just teasing. I am not a big Nintendo fan myself but don't care if someone else is. Wii U was a huge improvement over the Wii but I still didn't like the tablet control and I had a Pro controller I used for the few games I played on it.

Does anyone know if the PowerA Xbox One controller charging dock will work with Xbox Series X Controllers? The inputs look exactly the same. It would be nice to not have to buy another one.
I'm thinking no, the charge port on the new controller is USB-C not Micro USB according to the Play & Charge kit.

I'm thinking no, the charge port on the new controller is USB-C not Micro USB according to the Play & Charge kit.
The PowerA charging docks do not use Micro USB or USB C. They come with their own rechargeable battery packs and backings that go into the ports of the dock. The inputs appear to be the exact same. I’m thinking it will work.

Xbox One :

[attachment=34649:290948BD-F086-4BB4-AD33-D35D678CBC8C.jpeg]

[attachment=34650:0315D6DC-662A-43BD-8C8F-3E9FAD0A1ED5.jpeg]

Series X / S :

[attachment=34652:9F4CBEF5-8EAD-417A-ABC2-F1C371450C77.jpeg]

Judging by the last photo, it looks like the only difference is the back door for the Series X / S controller.

That Movers and Shakers sales page looks a day late. Series X wasn't on it yesterday and is #1 today with the One X nowhere to be seen. Stop spamming that stupid tweet.
I will admit that in my excitement/FOMO to pre-order, I clicked on a One X in Amazon. I searched Series X and One X came up with no results for Series X. I feel like that's partly on Amazon for having poor results, but either way, if I was momentarily confused, I could see a lot of mothers and grandmothers be even more confused and go through to buy it assuming it was the right product.

That being said, most mothers and grandmothers are likely not pre-ordering and the confusion online or in a retail store should be less once the product is out and correctly listed. I do think Microsoft deserves some of the blame since they picked such poor naming conventions and also didn't learn from the WiiU problem.

I will admit that in my excitement/FOMO to pre-order, I clicked on a One X in Amazon. I searched Series X and One X came up with no results for Series X. I feel like that's partly on Amazon for having poor results, but either way, if I was momentarily confused, I could see a lot of mothers and grandmothers be even more confused and go through to buy it assuming it was the right product.

That being said, most mothers and grandmothers are likely not pre-ordering and the confusion online or in a retail store should be less once the product is out and correctly listed. I do think Microsoft deserves some of the blame since they picked such poor naming conventions and also didn't learn from the WiiU problem.
Not to mention the One X isn't sold any more. It's stock that has not sold since July that's still around if any. The One S is the only old system that's staying around for a little bit. Amazon can be pretty poop when it comes to search results, but outside of that confusion should be limited when buying the new systems.

Looks like the press are getting working consoles and posting they will talk more about them "soon"

Also some word on reddit is that Gamestop stores will get more pre-orders in store on Monday.  Also, people are getting cancelled at Gamestop.  Looks like those that did All Access and bought a console so they got 2.

I hope and pray some of next gen upgrades like Doom Eternal and Witcher 3 are at or pretty soon after launch because outside of Yakuza, these games feel like buying early access to the bargain bin.

Looks like the press are getting working consoles and posting they will talk more about them "soon"

Also some word on reddit is that Gamestop stores will get more pre-orders in store on Monday. Also, people are getting cancelled at Gamestop. Looks like those that did All Access and bought a console so they got 2.
Wow Microsoft is really going full blast with this next Gen launch vs their failed previous one with the silly kinect. The press will be honest of any flaws so bold moves all around

Also I read the company behing that new RTX graphics card that sold out fast is trying to figure out which orders were by bots and is manually canceling them to try to stop the scalpers!

So I plan on keeping my Xbox One X along with the Series X. How will that work with 2 people playing at the same time? I have 1 account with Game Pass ultimate. Is there a way that me and my kid can play in different rooms together on say Minecraft Dungeons? I added an account for her under my Microsoft family, but will she need her own Xbox Live subscription?

Also for the people using monitor's which one would you suggest for the Series X?

Third Question. Do you get Bing Reward points for ordering through Microsoft Store with gift cards?

Third Question. Do you get Bing Reward points for ordering through Microsoft Store with gift cards?

Yes you do

Third party games, see what Bethesda does, use Game Pass, and maybe there will be a new Forza and Halo Infinite around next year.

That's.... about it.
Yeah I'm probably gonna cancel before it ships LOL. Just wanted to get in on the hype.

Did the Seagate Storage Expansion Cards go on sale anywhere yet?
Nope. They haven't even announced how much they'll be. It's odd because DF posted a video of them setting up their SX and they have the expansion card. Not sure why they haven't announced pre-orders yet.

the 1tb ssd nvme seagate expansion card from their website says this holiday; could be nov-feb.  

another place posted estimate price for this around $220 USD.  

for those ready for xbox series x:  I am excited to find out how it will run regular xbox one games in improved form; resolution, framerate, etc. 

microsoft has been coy on the specifics.  

automatic HDR is a neat feature.   

Wow Microsoft is really going full blast with this next Gen launch vs their failed previous one with the silly kinect. The press will be honest of any flaws so bold moves all around.
Honestly, I was their biggest critic and they have won me over with addressing just about every complaint I had back then. Truly, they deserve a great launch because they earned it.

So I plan on keeping my Xbox One X along with the Series X. How will that work with 2 people playing at the same time? I have 1 account with Game Pass ultimate. Is there a way that me and my kid can play in different rooms together on say Minecraft Dungeons? I added an account for her under my Microsoft family, but will she need her own Xbox Live subscription?
Make the One X your home console. That will be her primary console. You login to the Series X when you play. All games, subs, etc. are tied to your home console and your gamertag. You can play the same game (digital/gamepass) at the same time.

Hey, friends. If you upgraded from the Elite controller to 2.0, is it worth the leap? I'm thinking of burning the rest of my discounted credit on one for the new console.

Hey, friends. If you upgraded from the Elite controller to 2.0, is it worth the leap? I'm thinking of burning the rest of my discounted credit on one for the new console.
I expect to get fully roasted on this but after getting the first version of the Elite controller, I never understood the hype. It wasn’t bad at all but having the paddles on (I think that’s what they were called) never felt right for any of the games and I ended up never using them so it was just a heavier normal controller.

Never understood the reason for it when the base controller is so good already, but I think it’s more the price for me than anything.

I expect to get fully roasted on this but after getting the first version of the Elite controller, I never understood the hype. It wasn’t bad at all but having the paddles on (I think that’s what they were called) never felt right for any of the games and I ended up never using them so it was just a heavier normal controller.

Never understood the reason for it when the base controller is so good already, but I think it’s more the price for me than anything.
Fair point, my 1.0 was a gift (and a gift I love).

I have the v1 elite and I’ve considered multiple times getting the new one. However when I look at it objectively I figure there will be a V3 in about a year or so and then I’ll want that one, so I’m patiently waiting.

So I realized last night why the Series X works for me. Right now my PC runs a RX-570 gfx card and for me to actually update to something on the level of the Series X, i'm going to need $300 or so GFX card, probably a new PSU (because mine is probably not rated for 700w which a 2080 needs), and a SSD so all in all that's almost a Series X right there.

Could I upgrade my PC, sure. but since I use my PC for work as well as gaming, don't want to mess with it atm. I'll just buy a series x.

Tokyo Game Show 2020 Microsoft Xbox Press Conference starts in 10 minutes on YouTube. IGN is streaming it. Not sure if it's streaming on Xbox's youtube also. IGN is that first place that I saw it pop up on YouTube.

bread's done
Back