The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Interesting, I would like to know where this "flagging" situation goes.. How many trades have you guys made over the past few months? Any early thoughts/assumptions on what their criteria could be for flagging accounts? I've done some 10-15 flips from CC to BBV but spread them out on two different accounts so I'm not too worried (however, some of the games have been doubled, but not in the same store). Hopefully they don't start linking all the game trade accounts from all the stores... What do you guys think?

It depends on the whims of people. There's no accurate guide on the how to other than this:

If you don't want to raise suspicions, don't trade more than one copy of a game in. It's really that simple. Anything other than that can lead to potential issues at any point in time; again, depending on the whims of people.

AFAIK, trading history isn't per store but per account. So your idea that it's not linked is wrong.

[quote name='Hair6a11']It depends on the whims of people. There's no accurate guide on the how to other than this:

If you don't want to raise suspicions, don't trade more than one copy of a game in. It's really that simple. Anything other than that can lead to potential issues at any point in time; again, depending on the whims of people.

AFAIK, trading history isn't per store but per account. So your idea that it's not linked is wrong.[/quote]

I assumed it was linked in some way or another, but I was stating that it was unlinked in the terms that you had to open up a distinct game trader account in each BBV you went to and (as up to now maybe?) each individual store could not see what games you traded in another store (someone correct me if I am wrong on this).

As stated previously though, I would trade in my duplicates using different accouts, (1 under my name, another under a friend's BBV accont) so I don't think I'll have any problems with duplicates (with the acception of AITD, whereas I traded in 2 at the same time in a BBV around me as they stated I could without any problems).

I just said 3 pages ago why I was flagged--I hit the 10,000 trade in amount in the computer, so it flagged it automatically. I am supposed to get a letter from corporate, then I can call in and review my account. I was also told by a CSR at the 800 number that I could email corporate from the website and get the review done quicker. I emailed them yesterday, hopefully I get a call today and can convince them to reinstate it so I can take advantage this weekend. I'm sitting on about $225 worth of BBV trades now that I need to get traded, plus I'm holding a few hundred in GS credit that I'll flip as well

[quote name='illpleasa']I assumed it was linked in some way or another, but I was stating that it was unlinked in the terms that you had to open up a distinct game trader account in each BBV you went to and (as up to now maybe?) each individual store could not see what games you traded in another store (someone correct me if I am wrong on this).

As stated previously though, I would trade in my duplicates using different accouts, (1 under my name, another under a friend's BBV accont) so I don't think I'll have any problems with duplicates (with the acception of AITD, whereas I traded in 2 at the same time in a BBV around me as they stated I could without any problems).[/QUOTE]

Again, AFAIK , any store can look at your trade account and see all history from all stores. afaik. Someone correct me if *i'm* wrong.

As for CAPA - well.. its obvious that he's a special case based on... 10k. hahaha

With that said.. i think we should talk about this new coupon , aka some decent trades ;)

I noticed a similar situation with the used copy of Gears of War that I have. While it doesn't sound like a chainsaw, it is definitely MUCH louder than the other games I have played so far (GTA4, Bioshock, CoD4).

The Gears disc is actually in excellent condition so I just chalked it up to the fact that it is a launch game and is accessing data differently (constantly).

I've got 2 stores here with Marvel vs Capcom 2...I'd love to see one of them get a used wii fit in....what's another used item that is 70-90 bucks? Wii Fit is 84.99 used, MvC is 79.99, I'd like to find another $80 game

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']If your disc isnt in good shape (as you say) then i advise you don't put it in your 360. Take it back and change it for another copy.[/quote]
Well, the guy has a professional disc cleaner there, so I'm just going to take it back and get it cleaned, see if that helps.
Oh, and there aren't any rental stickers or anything like that to make it unbalanced, so I'm pretty stumped.

[quote name='Capa']I've got 2 stores here with Marvel vs Capcom 2...I'd love to see one of them get a used wii fit in....what's another used item that is 70-90 bucks? Wii Fit is 84.99 used, MvC is 79.99, I'd like to find another $80 game[/quote]

I completely forgot about MvC. Thanks for the reminder. I guess I could pick it up to transfer credit to cash. And make like $20-$30 at the end :).

[quote name='Hair6a11']Again, AFAIK , any store can look at your trade account and see all history from all stores. afaik. Someone correct me if *i'm* wrong.
[/quote]

No store can see anything except what has happened in that store. The only way one store can find out what's been traded or bought at another store is to call them. The only people that can see all store's activities on one screen are the loss prevention people up at the corporate level.

THat being cleared up, anyone find any new flips?

[quote name='Bezerker']Corporate must really be cracking down. Supposedly corporate will be calling me back, but I do have the district manager's number should I not hear anything. My defense is going to be how its a mutually beneficial process. They get new games to sell that they probably wouldn't have in stock otherwise, and they are guaranteed another set amount of sales based on what credit I have, including pre-orders (which im guessing is important if they are threatening people's jobs for not getting enough).

The possible theft issue is no problem as while I do have receipts from Gamestop, to cause less issues (since GS receipts have dates) I can always whip up some Amazon.com receipts and date them a few months back.[/quote]

I have the same defense! ;) I do occasionally spend cash at BB too. I also send them more customers because I give out gift cards to people for various reasons. Mostly birthdays, but I was planning for Xmas, and I donated 10 gift cards for a charity raffle. That's free advertising for them!

I no longer have my GS receipts. :roll: But I am friendly with all the BB store managers. I'm pretty sure they'd support me if the issue of theft comes up.

I need to find how to move BBV credit to GS, since I just bought the Collector's Edition of Warhammer Online to sell online with the last of my credit (I'm desperate for money right now). Bought it for $50, so I'm hoping to make twice as much back, although the fact that they're still in stock in some online stores is leaving me worried.

I also fear that someone has moved in my territory over the summer. I looked on the shelves, and a lot of the best games that people have been talking about from GS->BBV are there. I wish I had a car to go around to another BBV, but I don't. It's leaving me pretty upset over the fact that I won't be having an easy time anymore. It's not like back in my hometown, where there are 3 Blockbusters within close range, and 5 total when our family heads to the mall (aside from a GS at pretty much every place we go).

So, my GS credit is depleted, and my BBV credit is down to around $50 or so. I'm thinking of selling back my Wii and even my 360. Don't trade them in to GameStop, though. Their prices are $90 for the 360 plus $15 for a 20GB hard drive and around $40 for the 120gb hard drive. For the Wii, it's $160. Just not worth it, imho.

I'm regretting buying the Wii now, since I got it, then I hardly ever play it. All I need is my PS3, it seems. lol! At least I made $115 from selling those four copies of WiiSports...

everyone complains about their damn wii...i mean with everyone's backlog it's no WONDER why it doesn't get played...The wii WILL come out with better games soon and once you get rid of your wii it's going to be a hassle to get it back when a series of amazing games come out (hopefully that is). just giving my two cents

[quote name='Karuto']I need to find how to move BBV credit to GS, since I just bought the Collector's Edition of Warhammer Online to sell online with the last of my credit (I'm desperate for money right now). Bought it for $50, so I'm hoping to make twice as much back, although the fact that they're still in stock in some online stores is leaving me worried.[/quote]

You got it for $50? :hot: I paid $79.99 plus tax for the 2 I grabbed at GS yesterday. Noticed it was in stock at Amazon and that eBay prices have dropped a lot. I posted on craigslist for $90, just hoping to get the cash from the GS credit instead of lugging the boxes back to GS. Same goes for a Wii Fit I got from the same GS.

Speaking of returns, I'll have 8 games to return to GS if my BB account isn't fixed by next week. I had just bought 7 games to flip & a disc-only copy of Wii Sports (but it looks like crap).

[quote name='animemaniac14']everyone complains about their damn wii...i mean with everyone's backlog it's no WONDER why it doesn't get played...The wii WILL come out with better games soon and once you get rid of your wii it's going to be a hassle to get it back when a series of amazing games come out (hopefully that is). just giving my two cents[/quote]

Yeah, I am glad I have a Wii.... I loved Zelda, played the Wii version of RE4 (first time I'd played RE4), was diggin' Metroid 3 but only got halfway through before buying a 360. Wifey loves Wii Fit, Boom Blox is fun, etc. The big problem is with also owning a 360 and a PS3 (and PSP and DS). Its like I have to try to force myself to play the Wii when I have all these other better looking games to choose from. Then on top of that, with all the flipping, I've got way too many games overall. And of course, with two small children, I can't even play most of my games unless they're in bed.

I guess there are worse problems i could have than having too many good games to play. LOL.

I am finding it hard to even get excited about this B2G1 sale because I have about $10 in GS credit right now. :cry: I could free up another $25 or so by cancelling some pre-orders, but I always feel bad doing that. I need to cancel them anyway though, because I've since paid those games off at BB.

I've been putting off opening one of the Wii's I pick up to flip for cash. The only thing i see the whole family playing would be Carnival Games or Wii Sports Bowling. Instead we actually joined a REAL bowling league over the summer and live from 5 minutes from a REAL Boardwalk with carnival games.
As for Wiifit. I just converted half my garage into an exercise room with a REAL treadmill, exercise bike and free weights.
After using store locator at Gamestop.com to check 12 stores on flippables. I don't see enough to go crazy with this B2G1.

Warhammer Collectors Edition is no longer a hot item. You can buy them for retail (+9.99 handling) from Gamestop.com.

Those of you who get banned, do you have someone else who can open an account for you? That would allow you to trade at stores that don't recognize you.

yep, I'm sittting on $250 in BB trades, i have my mom in Indiana gettting a trade acct with me as a sub,then she can send me an extra card,but then what does it take to set up for trades?

and i think warhammer ce will be a hot item once it dries up and the game grows. im gonna return mine this weekend though cuz i ncan make alot more with an extra 260 in credit

[quote name='Capa']but then what does it take to set up for trades?[/quote]

From the few BBV's I have went to in order to open a trade account you need the following for every distinct BBV you want to have a trader account for:

1) The PRIMARY account holder must be the one who opens the Trader Account in every BBV

2) You need a valid ID in order to show that you are indeed the Primary account holder.

3) You credit card information on file must be in good standing (pretty much as long as its not expired your in good shape). If it has expired, you need to put another card on file.

4) After those things are taken care of, the primary account holder is allowed to put sub-names in the trader account. (ex brother, sister, friend, ect)

As stated before, this is for EVERY single BBV you go to. So you can't sign up one trader account in one BBV and expect it to work in another BBV as the trader account is only for the BBV that you opened it in.

BBV TIV (9/26)
Wild Earth (wii) -- $23 (gs: $17.99)
Obscure: The Aftermath (wii) -- $16
Star Trek Conquest (wii) -- $16
Wacky Races: Crash and Dash (wii) -- $23 (gs: $24.99)
Trophy Bucks (360) -- $19 (gs: $17.99)

[quote name='illpleasa']From the few BBV's I have went to in order to open a trade account you need the following for every distinct BBV you want to have a trader account for:

1) The PRIMARY account holder must be the one who opens the Trader Account in every BBV

2) You need a valid ID in order to show that you are indeed the Primary account holder.

3) You credit card information on file must be in good standing (pretty much as long as its not expired your in good shape). If it has expired, you need to put another card on file.

4) After those things are taken care of, the primary account holder is allowed to put sub-names in the trader account. (ex brother, sister, friend, ect)

As stated before, this is for EVERY single BBV you go to. So you can't sign up one trader account in one BBV and expect it to work in another BBV as the trader account is only for the BBV that you opened it in.[/quote]

Respectfully, you do not need #3 to open a trade account.

I work at a BBV, and we dont throw away anything concerning games, so it really matters on the store. We have a HUGE filing cabinet in the back, and when we need to condense the rental section for a new game, we put the box away (we have another caninet for that) and we file the game art in aplha order by console. So we have several hundred original casing for every system and every single game art ever basically.

If people ask for the game covers and i like them, i give them to them. Thats stupid that stores throw them away though. I just joined CAG and im excited to maybe start flipping with my 20% of at BBV, for BBVs benefit anway :)

[quote name='king007']BBV TIV (9/26)
Wild Earth (wii) -- $23 (gs: $17.99)
Obscure: The Aftermath (wii) -- $16
Star Trek Conquest (wii) -- $16
Wacky Races: Crash and Dash (wii) -- $23 (gs: $24.99)
Trophy Bucks (360) -- $19 (gs: $17.99)[/quote]
Thanks, with Wild Earth and Trophy Bucks, I got a store that has 9 different flippables. Hopefully they will have all of them when i hit there on the way to work. $104GS---$196 BB.
That'll make up what i laid out for rock band drums!
Will probably split it up to two Blockbusters, I think 5 is the most i traded in at a time to Blockbuster.

[quote name='Capa']I've got 2 stores here with Marvel vs Capcom 2...I'd love to see one of them get a used wii fit in....what's another used item that is 70-90 bucks? Wii Fit is 84.99 used, MvC is 79.99, I'd like to find another $80 game[/quote]

I have a quick question for those who have sold copies of Wii Sports on eBay; Why are there two separate categories for the game? When I look up the game I have two distinct options to choose. There essentially the same thing except one has more search results than the other. I cannot figure out for the life of me what makes the two different and why my auctions are always in the section with less search results.

So any guesses?

As far as expensive games from Gamestop goes,

There really aren't any around I can think of, at least $80 ones. I can suggest the Steel Battalion bundle which is ridiculous if you have an original X-Box. You can always get Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for X-box and sell that too. I believe Madden 09 collector's edition is 69.99 used, Bad Company gold edition is 59.99 as are a bunch of 360 accessories. You could always pick up another PS2 too.

Ok, I just called on most of the GS $12.99 Wii games to a nearby BB...
Here are the TIVs
Balls of Fury $13
Dave Mirra BMX $6
Billy the Wizard $9
Tamagotchi $11
Looney Tunes $11
Ant Bully $6
Golden Compass $6
Arctic Tales $9
So if you maxed Buy 1 get 1 on $12.99 games ($7.80/each....)
Balls, Tama, Looney and Arctic are meh...but work well with Bug Island, Luxor, Rock n Roll...

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']
The Gears disc is actually in excellent condition so I just chalked it up to the fact that it is a launch game and is accessing data differently (constantly).[/quote]
Not a launch game, released nearly a year after launch

Just got Code Lyoke, Bust a Move, and Wild Earth at 17.99
Dancing w/ the Stars, Cosmic Family, and Big Brain at 24.99.
Giving Big Brain and Cosmic Family to my nieces and nehpews, and trading the rest. Cost was like 87.xx with Edge and B2G1,and reserved mirrors edge, and the manager went ahead and gave me one of the messenger bags

[quote name='millerjm2']I have a quick question for those who have sold copies of Wii Sports on eBay; Why are there two separate categories for the game? When I look up the game I have two distinct options to choose. There essentially the same thing except one has more search results than the other. I cannot figure out for the life of me what makes the two different and why my auctions are always in the section with less search results.

So any guesses?[/QUOTE]

It's because they have 2 description info listings that you can choose and the release dates are different. I had sold a couple of them last month and one of my listings I had selected the other release date(main one is Nov. and the other is Dec.) and that one wasn't listed in the main wii sports category so it wouldn't even show up in searching for wii sports which pissed me off. Needless to say that one only got like less than half of my other two. Atleast now both versions come up when you search unlike before.

I noticed that my Gamerush has the Rock Band drum sets for the 3 systems on a "Managers Special" price of $49.99. That's the first time I've seen that happen for this item. Of course it's because of the release of RB 2. Speaking of that, has anyone seen the Rock Band 2 drum sets for sale at BBV/GR? I've been calling my locals for over a week now and no store has gotten them. Meanwhile, I've seen them at GS and Best Buy but I don't want to spend cash at those places!

TIVs Wii (all $24.99 at GS... $15 net) called on about 40 games and these stood out-
Target Terror $23
Guilty Gear $23
High School Musical $26!
Puppy Love $23
Wacky Races $23
Tomb Raider $20 meh
Victorious Boxer $30!
Wacky Races $23
Ok someone else call on another price group ....

[quote name='donut']TIVs Wii (all $24.99 at GS... $15 net) called on about 40 games and these stood out-
Target Terror $23
Guilty Gear $23
High School Musical $26!
Puppy Love $23
Wacky Races $23
Tomb Raider $20 meh
Victorious Boxer $30!
Wacky Races $23
Ok someone else call on another price group ....[/quote]

After trading in 6 Dancing with the stars, I'll leave High School Musical on the shelf thank you very much.

[quote name='donut']
Ok someone else call on another price group ....[/quote]

TIVs PS3 (all $26.99 at GS)
Burnout: Paradise - $13
Skate - $23
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $16
Medal of Honor Airborne - $16
Fifa soccer 08 - $16
Need for Speed Carbon - $16
Folklore - $20
Orange Box - $16

$24.99 games
Fifa Street 3 - $16
Lost Via Domus - $16

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Capa']...and reserved mirrors edge, and the manager went ahead and gave me one of the messenger bags[/quote]

Kinda off topic, but damn... wish I had known they'd gotten those bags in already. I have it pre-ordered and was just there.

Don't know how recently this changed, but the used price at BB for Burnout Paradise is $19.99 (PS3 at least... would assume the same for 360). I already had it, but picked up a copy for my buddy who digs earning trophies.

donut, king, pogi, and everyone else, thanks for your work.
I put together some handy groupings of confirmed prices this week. Assumes you can match three same price games.

I'll try to keep updating this list through the weekend.
*UPDATED at 2330 est 27 Sep '08
Emphasis on 2:1 ratio or better.

(~$8 each at GS before tax)
12.99 $20 Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge (Wii)
12.99 $20 Sega Superstar Tennis (PS3)

12.99 $16 Cranium Kabookii (Wii)
12.99 $16 Rock and Roll Adventures (Wii)
12.99 $16 Spy Games Elevator Mission (Wii)

12.99 $13 Balls of Fury (Wii)
12.99 $11 Looney Tunes (Wii)
12.99 $11 Tamagotchi (Wii)

(~$9 each at GS before tax)
14.99 $13 Chicken Little (Wii)

(~$11 each at GS before tax)
17.99 $23 Hail to the Chimp (PS3)
17.99 $23 One Piece (Wii)
17.99 $23 Wild Earth (Wii)
17.99 $22 Hail to the Chimp (360)

17.99 $20 Bust a Move Bash (Wii)
17.99 $20 Cabela's Big Game Hunter (Wii)
17.99 $20 Code Lyoko (Wii)
17.99 $20 Viking (PS3)
17.99 $19 Cabela's Trophy Bucks (360)
17.99 $16 Call of Duty 3 (Wii)
17.99 $16 Obscure: The Aftermath (Wii)
17.99 $16 Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

(~$12 each at GS before tax)
19.99 $23 Sea Monsters (Wii)
19.99 $20 WSOP 2008 Battle for Bracelets (PS3)

(~$15 each at GS before tax)
24.99 $30 Alone In The Dark (Wii)
24.99 $30 Eye of Judgement (PS3)
YMMV as always
24.99 $30 Samurai Warriors KATANA (Wii)
24.99 $30 Victorious Boxer (Wii)

24.99 $26 Blacksite: Area 51 (PS3)
24.99 $26 High School Musical (Wii)
24.99 $25 Fatal Inertia (360)
24.99 $23 History Channel: BftP (PS3)
24.99 $23 Guilty Gear (Wii)
24.99 $23 Puppy Luv (Wii)
24.99 $23 Target Terror (Wii)
24.99 $23 Wacky Races (Wii)
24.99 $20 History Channel: BftP (Wii)
24.99 $20 Tomb Raider (Wii)

(~$16+ each at GS before tax)
26.99 $30 Monster Jam (Wii)
26.99 $23 Death Jr (Wii)
26.99 $23 Skate (PS3)
26.99 $20 Folklore (PS3)

(~$21 each at GS before tax)
34.99 $36 Hellboy (PS3)
34.99 $35 Hellboy (360)
34.99 $25 Gears of War (360)

the bags arent in, every store has at least one that the managers were given in Vegas. He gave me that one

More TIVs (all Wii)
Bomberman Land - $13
Cosmic Family - $16
Trauma Center 2nd Opinion - $9
History Channel - $20
Samurai Warriors - $30
Scarface - $16
Spiderwick Chronicles - $13
Big Beach Sports - $16
Space Chimps - $16
Cooking Mama - $16
Bass Fishing - $16
Death Jr - $23
Endless Ocean - $16

So I'm a total noob when it comes to the 360 and Live service. I've never owned the previous gen console and just recently got a 360. Before owning however, I do have a hotmail account that I created almost 10 years ago.

My question is that when I first setup my new console I chose a username (Z0DIAC). I went through all the different fields filling out everything and browsing around the dashboard, getting use to it.

I than decided to try the Live Marketplace and was prompted with the notice that my username was already taken. So I tried editing it to something similar, I probably tried 15 different names that were all taken. I than was given the option to sign-in with my "Passport" which I did (seeing as I have a hotmail account). It created a new account with that name under it "Jubmasterflex". So now on my console I have two usernames "Z0DIAC and Jubmasterflex".

I keep forgetting about this and it signs me into Z0DIAC everytiem I fire up the system. I just got done with a round of GTA IV and when I went to Multiplayer it said it needed to sign-on. Got out of my game, and realized I was playing this entire time with the Z0DIAC username. Meaning all the achievements I've gathered so far are under the username Z0DIAC but I want them under Jubmasterflex.

My question is, is there a way I can transfer achievements and info to Jubmasterflex from my Z0DIAC account? Is there a way to delete the account?

This is all very confusing...

Ok first of all sign into the profile you want to use as the main one.
Click on the gamer tag, go to auto sign in, and enable it.
Now no matter how many other profiles you have on the system when you turn on the xbox it will sign into that profile.

Now to delete a profile go to the system tab, memory, hard drive, gamer profile, the profile you want to delete, and Delete.

Now lastly you CAN NOT Transfer achievements between profiles period.
There would be even more ridiculous amounts of people selling achievement points if that were the case.
So suck it up and earn the points again.

[quote name='supraazn']Ok first of all sign into the profile you want to use as the main one.
Click on the gamer tag, go to auto sign in, and enable it.
Now no matter how many other profiles you have on the system when you turn on the xbox it will sign into that profile.

Now to delete a profile go to the system tab, memory, hard drive, gamer profile, the profile you want to delete, and Delete.

Now lastly you CAN NOT Transfer achievements between profiles period.
There would be even more ridiculous amounts of people selling achievement points if that were the case.
So suck it up and earn the points again.[/quote]

Hmmm, so what do achievements do anyways? I mean are they just for bragging rights or can you use them towards things?

I refuse to start a completely new game now. It's bad enough having to get use to the new driving mechanics, let alone try to do everything from square one.

[quote name='Capa']the bags arent in, every store has at least one that the managers were given in Vegas. He gave me that one[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. I panicked and started calling my stores to see if they got them in :D

[quote name='Capa']the bags arent in, every store has at least one that the managers were given in Vegas. He gave me that one[/quote]

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Thanks for clearing that up. I panicked and started calling my stores to see if they got them in :D[/quote]

LOL. Thanks. I figured they wouldn't be in for a while, since the game isn't out til Nov.

[quote name='millerjm2']I have a quick question for those who have sold copies of Wii Sports on eBay; Why are there two separate categories for the game? When I look up the game I have two distinct options to choose. There essentially the same thing except one has more search results than the other. I cannot figure out for the life of me what makes the two different and why my auctions are always in the section with less search results.

So any guesses?

As far as expensive games from Gamestop goes,

There really aren't any around I can think of, at least $80 ones. I can suggest the Steel Battalion bundle which is ridiculous if you have an original X-Box. You can always get Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for X-box and sell that too. I believe Madden 09 collector's edition is 69.99 used, Bad Company gold edition is 59.99 as are a bunch of 360 accessories. You could always pick up another PS2 too.[/quote]

Actually, the Steel Battalion bundle is down to $49.99 online, but the closest stores to me with it supposedly IN STOCK are over an hour away.

I remember when the one local store had it and it was still selling for $100 or so. I saw this HUGE box sitting on the floor of the Gamestop. I asked them what the hell it was. They said it was part of the bundle for Xbox. Up till then, I didn't even know the game existed. Ever since then though, I've wanted a copy of it with a working controller, just to say I own it.

[quote name='donut']Respectfully, you do not need #3 to open a trade account.[/quote]

They actually noticed that when I re-opened my trade account with them when I started flipping cheap CC and GS games a couple of months ago, since the credit card I had on file was from a LOOOOOONG since closed checking account I had back in the late 1990's.

They asked if I had another card I could put on file once and thankfully haven't asked again, since my current checking account has no debit or credit card on it.:cry: Of course, if it did I'd be spending money like crazy, like I used to when I had the debit card on the old account.

[quote name='dys006']donut, king, pogi, and everyone else, thanks for your work.
I put together some handy groupings of confirmed prices this week. Assumes you can match three same price games.
12.99 $16 Cranium Kabookii (Wii)
12.99 $20 Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge (Wii)
[/quote]

Unless they changed it since yesterday, these games are still getting these amounts.

Went to Gamestop and found a Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise. Picked up Skate and Hellboy as well so I basically got Viva Pinata and Skate for less than $35.

[quote name='eraser813']I noticed that my Gamerush has the Rock Band drum sets for the 3 systems on a "Managers Special" price of $49.99. That's the first time I've seen that happen for this item. Of course it's because of the release of RB 2. Speaking of that, has anyone seen the Rock Band 2 drum sets for sale at BBV/GR? I've been calling my locals for over a week now and no store has gotten them. Meanwhile, I've seen them at GS and Best Buy but I don't want to spend cash at those places![/QUOTE]

Isn't $49.99 the retail price for the old drums now? I saw them that way at Best Buy a few weeks ago anyway.

And yeah, I did see the Rock Band 2 drums for sale at a regular BBV here in Arizona and posted about it a few days ago ;). I thought that was pretty newsworthy so I made a big deal about it. Keep up!

So, I thought I was done trading after taking my last 2 GS games to BBV. But since I was in there anyway and wanted to go to GS for B2G1 I figured I might as well pick some more up. So I got a total of 5 games from 2 BBV and traded those towards the 2 sets of B2G1 purchases I made (all games for myself).

OK, so here is my revised total of BBGS trading during my 5 days in Arizona:
I am down $29.01 in GS credit and down $43.35 in BBV credit. HOWEVER, for that $72 loss in overall credit I have all of the following in my posession:

2 x Metal Slug Anthology, Wii Sports, Lock's Quest (new), Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise, Civ Rev DS, Crisis Core FF VII, Star Wars Force Unleashed (360), Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery.
So, basically, all of those cost me an average of $7 in credit - not bad considering those last 3 360 games are pretty much new releases (and all near mint used copies). The 2 Metal Slugs and the Wii Sports ought to get me a decent amount of that $72 back in cash making the rest dirt cheap. Yeah, it took a lot of work, but it was really just something to kill the time while I was out here working and all the car expenses (rental + gas) are covered by my company ;).

I had to argue my way to a better copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed - they had one being held and 1 out and the 1 out was not in very good shape (how someone could abuse it in that short of a time I don't understand). Since I was all ready to walk out the door and hit up another nearby GS that had all of the same games the guy relented and asked "would you buy all those if I switched the cases?". The Civ Rev DS that I got initially was also beat to hell (again, how? How can someone get a DS cart so grungy?). Luckily they had another one of those that looked untouched.

I had intended to pick up Civ Rev for the 360 and they had plenty of those, but I just thought maybe I'll run through Infinite Undiscovery and then trade it back in. I may do the same for Vesperia since I have the SE - I'll finish the game and trade the used copy back and just keep my SE sealed. I was going to rent Star Wars Force Unleashed but my older son who only wants to play Rock Band these days showed an interest in playing it so it will be nice to have it not under the pressure of the rental period. I can trade that in in a month or so too. I figured all 3 of those would get me at least $30 each at Blockbuster so I could get $90 of The $98.98 I spent on those back. Or I may just keep them... Civ Rev 360 I figured is due for a $30 price point here soon enough, then I can get that with a 25% off coupon or something - or just buy a new copy from BBV.

I just checked the inventory of the GS's around me and not one GS has 3 games. I guess this B2G1 is a bust for me. I bought most of the games with the 20% off coupon so now the games are all scattered. I really shouldn't be worried about flipping to BBV though. Need to transfer my BBV credit to GS. Now, I only have $19 in GS credit left >_

bread's done
Back