Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

Is anyone actually playing this shit?
This game is incredible. Honestly everything I have ever wanted in an RPG. Love how you have to wait to get the mechs, fly, etc.

I should note, sci-fy fantasy is my favorite genre. At this rate, this game is my GOTY. Still too early, but I certainly like what I see. About 10 hours in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, pretty sure i only ordered a special edition. What is this thing? I dont eat pizza so dont have use for a pizza coupon. Very weird promo, i didn't even hear anything about it
It was supposed to only be with the normal edition. If it's the same coupon, you can supposedly use it on gyft.com to get a more useful GC than for pizza.

How are the ones from Gamestop coming in?  I see they still have them available online and am considering it but not if it gets beat to hell like most of these

SI

How are the ones from Gamestop coming in? I see they still have them available online and am considering it but not if it gets beat to hell like most of these

SI
mixed and ymmv like every retailer. Some getting them in mailers and some in boxes with padding and some in boxes with no padding. With this CE is a crapshoot regardless which retailer you order from

mixed and ymmv like every retailer. Some getting them in mailers and some in boxes with padding and some in boxes with no padding. With this CE is a crapshoot regardless which retailer you order from
Thanks. That's just disappointing. I'm going to get the game but I'm not sure the extra $30 is worth it and I'm pretty sure it's not worth it to me if some of the good stuff is smashed up.

SI

Lu6DW.gif

Best Buy shipping facility

I am. Great game so far. Even got some time in using the Game Pad when my son was playing Battlefront earlier.

For the record, no damage to my collector's edition, although kind of wish I just stuck with the normal considering the USB issues.

It's official... UPS screwed up and didn't deliver my package. Called Best Buy first, the customer service rep was actually pretty friendly and tried to send me another, but couldn't because they were out of stock online.

The online tracker says every store around me (St. Louis) is sold out, but I called and still managed to find one (Mid Rivers) that had one in stock. It's 40 minutes away, but luckily I have a friend who lives right next to it who can pick it up.

Honestly, not getting the whole soundtrack on the USB is such a slap in the face to fans. REALLY not cool.
That's true as well. I saw a FLAC version on a site and it was only 1.62 gb. They could have easily put a slightly bigger drive with the whole soundtrack.

I wanted to try this, but I don't really want a solo game for my Wii U. I want things to play with people, same reason I bailed on Mario Maker and Bayonetta 2.

There was some issues in like a warehouse in SoCal this weekend btw. Package addressed to the couple that went on the rampage. They closed down like a major hub or something as a precaution.

Looks like mine is coming in on Tuesday.

I don't mind waiting the extra day because I wont play it until I finish Fallout but at the same time I am annoyed that Amazon uses UPS Sure post. Where I live it's literally diving less than 5 minutes to get to my house but instead they drop the package off at the post office and I have to wait a day.

that why bestine rubber cement thinner is best for this kind stuff. All it take is a qtip and dip the qtip in it and then rub the qtip all over back the sticker and along the edges and wait 10 seconds and then it peels right off.
wouldn't something that heavy duty damage the cardboard underneath or the paint on it at least?

Pfft you play your games? Obviously they're for putting on a shelf and looking pretty

Not sure how it's going to work. One of my preorders was Star Fox T_T. They said I'll still be eligible but who knows how the promo will work now.
They posted about that on their forums (BB). Will see if I can find the link, but they said they were working on it for those (of us) who had Star Fox as one of their two.

Got mine in perfect condition from best buy but having some serious buyers remorse after hearing some of the impressions of the SE overall. Might go and return it. 

I had this preordered at two different game stops in store. Checked both to see which one was in better condition and BOTH received all of their copies with damage. Is this the case for other people? I find it hard to believe that this thing was so poorly packaged that it shown up to stores damaged but these are two different stores, with one typically very good at taking care of collectors editions. Needless to say, this makes my nadir copy for myself collection very difficult

I had this preordered at two different game stops in store. Checked both to see which one was in better condition and BOTH received all of their copies with damage. Is this the case for other people? I find it hard to believe that this thing was so poorly packaged that it shown up to stores damaged but these are two different stores, with one typically very good at taking care of collectors editions. Needless to say, this makes my nadir copy for myself collection very difficult
Yes, the quality of the material that Nintendo used for the outer box packaging is so poor that the slightest bit of stress will cause damage to it. It will be extremely hard to find a perfect copy with no box damage. I'm gonna be happy with my very slightly creased copy and not worry about it.

Really? I thought there was an online co-op mode.
Wait yes, you're right -- it's an online co-op (for some reason I could swear Tag Climax was local), but it's still separate from the main game.

Only thing that carries over are halos, I guess?

wouldn't something that heavy duty damage the cardboard underneath or the paint on it at least?

Pfft you play your games? Obviously they're for putting on a shelf and looking pretty
Didn't mean it like, "is anyone playing this horrible game". I meant Is anyone actually playing the game?

nope i use it on old nintendo and gameboy boxes and on retro games all the time for price stickers and other stickers. It has no oils or anything in it and evaporate extrememly quickly in matter of seconds. it pretty much soften up and liquidify the glue on the stickers.

Just a heads up: I'd recommend carefully slicing through the sticker seal rather than trying to peel it off. I peeled off the ones on mine as carefully as I possibly could and they wound up taking some of the "paint" I guess you could say off of the box. Very saddened... :whistle2:(
ProTip: Use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker making it easier to peel cleanly. Once peeled you can use something like a small amount of dishwasher liquid to clean out any sticky stuff without damage.

Yes, I saw about 20 copies across 3 different Gamestops and every single one had some sort of damage.

It's not even a gig lmao
fuck, so much for me hoping I could use it to store the, what is it, 10-12 GB of patch data for this game. I knew that probably wouldn't happen, but I was hopeful :???:

Also pissed about not being able to move the music off the fucking drive. The soundtrack was a big selling point for me, and I assumed I'd be able to burn it onto a CD to keep in my car. The same way I've been able to with literally every other USB-Soundtrack I've gotten.

Oh well, is the artbook cool at least? I have been swamped and haven't had a chance to check it out yet. It was supposed to be 100+ pages right?

Last edited:
fuck, so much for me hoping I could use it to store the, what is it, 10-12 GB of patch data for this game. I knew that probably wouldn't happen, but I was hopeful :???:

Also pissed about not being able to move the music off the fucking drive. The soundtrack was a big selling point for me, and I assumed I'd be able to burn it onto a CD to keep in my car. The same way I've been able to with literally every other USB-Soundtrack I've gotten.

Oh well, is the artbook cool at least? I have been swamped and haven't had a chance to check it out yet. It was supposed to be 100+ pages right?
I'm pretty sure you can just pull the music tracks off by using 7zip and extracting.

The artbook isn't bad but it's not amazing.

Been staring at my copy from Best Buy periodically the last few days and beginning to wonder if this is the best I'm going to get without putting out a tremendous amount of effort hunting down a condition I would have found acceptable.

GRRR

Best Buy's forums have an interesting thread going with a lot of ticked off customers posting.

Been staring at my copy from Best Buy periodically the last few days and beginning to wonder if this is the best I'm going to get without putting out a tremendous amount of effort hunting down a condition I would have found acceptable.

GRRR

Best Buy's forums have an interesting thread going with a lot of ticked off customers posting.
Well, their holiday return policy is extends to something like Jan 15, 2016... so you could just hold on to it unless you find a better condition one by then.

But given the cheapo box, it seems highly unlikely. This was a pretty piss-poor designed CE packaging (not talking about the actual contents, just the CE packaging).

Mine came today. I was glad to see it came in a cardboard box with some air bags in it. The overall condition was pretty great. Now I need to find something to store it in to keep it that way.

bread's done
Back