Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

It is not OOS. If you go to the Amazon app it says currently unavailable, but if you click on it in the app it says pre-order available. When I first saw that it was unavailable in the app, I checked Amazon through the browser and it said pre-order so I pre ordered through the browser.
Browser did not work for me but did work through browser via phone. Weird but in for 1. Thanks to CAG and the OP.

Why does Europe always get better collector editions?!! The european collector edition comes with a steelbook, artbook, double sided poster and a map. Nintendo always does this. Either we don't get any collector edition or we get a stripped down version of it.

Why does Europe always get better collector editions?!! The european collector edition comes with a steelbook, artbook, double sided poster and a map. Nintendo always does this. Either we don't get any collector edition or we get a stripped down version of it.
There's always the crazy idea of importing a CE copy from Europe.

Gosh darn it. It's already sold out... hopefully Bestbuy gets it in stock.

EDIT: Was able to get a 1-click order just now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this when I pre-ordered it 2 hours ago. I don't even have a WiiU.

Is something wrong with me ?

Affirmative. Get yourself a Wii U man!
I want to. I even started buying amiibos like crazy. I can blame it on my 4 and 8 year old boys too. But my wife might not buy that argument since we got a PS4 last Christmas for our 8 year old (but I play it more than him anyway, hehe).

we have a 3DSXL and a Wii. If I want to play the first xenogear game, should I buy it on the Wii used at ~$60-$80 (is it worth it at that price?) , or is it really worth buying the new 3DSXL for? At some point we might have to buy a new 3ds for our 4 year old.

Or should I play the XCX first and worry about the first one later since there's no continuity (I would just watch the Wii or 3ds lets play on YouTube)?

Thanks in advance.

we have a 3DSXL and a Wii. If I want to play the first xenogear game, should I buy it on the Wii used at ~$60-$80 (is it worth it at that price?) , or is it really worth buying the new 3DSXL for? At some point we might have to buy a new 3ds for our 4 year old.

Or should I play the XCX first and worry about the first one later since there's no continuity (I would just watch the Wii or 3ds lets play on YouTube)?

Thanks in advance.
You're right about the lack of story continuity between the two titles, but Xenoblade Chronicles is a game that deserves to be played on its own right. It's a pretty large game with an amazing soundtrack and a very fun battle system, but feels like the natural evolution of the classic JRPG. XC is a game that couldn't be nearly as enjoyable when watching a Let's Play/Longplay.

Xenoblade Chronicles is way better on the Wii than the N3DS due to the 3DS's horrible resolution and major compression of music/textures, and it's a 60+ hour game which makes justifying the high price easier. I personally paid a little less than $40 after a birthday coupon and PUR back before GS raised the price, but I feel that I would have still been able to justify paying a higher price.

Poor the salt. I'm pissed as hell.

Jesus not even a day... I was at work!
You gotta take some losses sometimes. I wanted the Juggernaut Edition just for the damn fridge but I missed out because of work. But I managed to snag this.

You gotta take some losses sometimes. I wanted the Juggernaut Edition just for the damn fridge but I missed out because of work. But I managed to snag this.
I rarely buy LEs anymore but I can see the demand for this one. Wii U is selling like dog shit and this is a niche JRPG getting a limited edition... in the US none the less.

Oh well. I'll deal with it because I'm still getting the game, but hopefully it comes back in stuck so I can throw more money at them.

I have a novel idea for nintendo: we're 3 months away from release of this game. they could in theory take as many orders as they want and just make that amount of the special edition. just a thought. it's not like they have to mine the caverns of africa to make these special editions and amiibos etc.

I have a novel idea for nintendo: we're 3 months away from release of this game. they could in theory take as many orders as they want and just make that amount of the special edition. just a thought. it's not like they have to mine the caverns of africa to make these special editions and amiibos etc.
... this is Nintendo we are talking about.

They are releasing a disc version of Devil's Third but not Fatal Frame. In Europe Fatal Frame is getting a special edition with a disc.

Nintendo of America is clueless at times.

I get the whole, "well they're producing lower numbers for the hype" thing, but they've been on this path for way too long. Do they not want to make as much money as possible? Like do they sit in their offices and say to themselves: "well i'm cool with only making 50 million dollars this year. 51 million would just be way too much." They're simultaneously the best/worst video game company. Yes, I'm raging over here.

That would require Nintendo of America to make sensible decisions as a company, something that is essentially impossible. Instead of having the same group of people at Nintendo of Europe that brought over Xenoblade Chronicles localize XCX, they instead chose to outsource the localization to 8-4, who ruin nearly anything they bring over.

I get the whole, "well they're producing lower numbers for the hype" thing, but they've been on this path for way too long. Do they not want to make as much money as possible? Like do they sit in their offices and say to themselves: "well i'm cool with only making 50 million dollars this year. 51 million would just be way too much." They're simultaneously the best/worst video game company. Yes, I'm raging over here.
See but your rage is why Nintendo does this, they want to make money sure but what their doing is pure brilliant... Take a product release it in limited numbers, create hype/rage/desire then need... Sell out the numbers they made then possibly do a reprint if needed. Basically no harm no foul on their end since complaining fuels the fire

See but your rage is why Nintendo does this, they want to make money sure but what their doing is pure brilliant... Take a product release it in limited numbers, create hype/rage/desire then need... Sell out the numbers they made then possibly do a reprint if needed.
Well not exactly...I rage quit amiibo and stopped buying them after I missed out on a few of the ones I really wanted. Never went back either. So it had the reverse effect on me and others, i'm sure.

Well not exactly...I rage quit amiibo and stopped buying them after I missed out on a few of the ones I really wanted. Never went back either. So it had the reverse effect on me and others, i'm sure.
Not too many others since the pre orders for the upcoming wave sold out today at Target.

bread's done
Back