Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

That's not saying much since they release literally 2-3 of each figure. They made like 40 bucks. Congrats lulz.
Ooo no buddy they changed things. They produce a fair amount more now than the old days. The demand is still there and that's my point. I hate missing on collector items just as much as the other guy, specially with amiibo since they're toys, but they wouldn't be nearly as valuable as a collectable if they were very easy to acquire. I do think Nintendo should given some warning though. But they Best Buy and other places will also probably get them.

Ooo no buddy they changed things. They produce a fair amount more now than the old days. The demand is still there and that's my point. I hate missing on collector items just as much as the other guy, specially with amiibo since they're toys, but they wouldn't be nearly as valuable as a collectable if they were very easy to acquire. I do think Nintendo should given some warning though. But they Best Buy and other places will also probably get them.
The funny thing is that they probably didn't give a warning for a reason: to deflect scalpers. Ebay says it didn't work.

Well not exactly...I rage quit amiibo and stopped buying them after I missed out on a few of the ones I really wanted. Never went back either. So it had the reverse effect on me and others, i'm sure.
But you gotta remember at the end of the day your a spec in the grand scheme would you have bought all the amiibos, probably not, you got impatient and decided to quit (good for you, the market is different now, but saving money is nice).... True Nintendo fans know the game and are willing wait, not saying you were in it for the hype, but just saying you could if waiting Nintendo eventually does fan service if demand calls for it, just like this product might potentially do, if it doesn't sell well did Nintendo did the right thing by having low numbers... Win and win

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is that they probably didn't give a warning for a reason: to deflect scalpers. Ebay says it didn't work.
Out of thousands sold on Amazon, there is only two listed on eBay and no sold listings. That kind of leans more towards eBay saying "it did work."

But you gotta remember at the end of the day your a spec in the grand scheme would you have bought all the amiibos, probably not, you got impatient and decided to quit (good for you, the market is different now, but saving money is nice).... True Nintendo fans know the game and are willing wait, not saying you were in it for the hype, but just saying you could if waiting Nintendo eventually does fan service if demand calls for it, just like this product might potentially do, if it doesn't sell well did Nintendo did the right thing by having low numbers... Win and win
I only own every nintendo system and have been on board since the super nintendo launched when I was 5. But i guess I don't know the game... or I just don't want to get caught up in someone's marketing strategy and I would like to see them pull themselves out of their niche market mindset that they've been in since the launch of the Wii. They're friggin Nintendo for god's sake, not a corner hipster record store. Yeah they'll put more out and then those will sell out in 10 minutes.

I only own every nintendo system and have been on board since the super nintendo launched when I was 5. But i guess I don't know the game... or I just don't want to get caught up in someone's marketing strategy and I would like to see them pull themselves out of their niche market mindset that they've been in since the launch of the Wii. They're friggin Nintendo for god's sake, not a corner hipster record store. Yeah they'll put more out and then those will sell out in 10 minutes.
Well in this case, sorry Nintendo seems to lost a fan on some of its products. I'm sure you be back once restocks become higher and common. Good for you thou for not wanting to be part of this crazy world of Nintendo collecting hopefully the rage doesn't bother you for long

Well in this case, sorry Nintendo seems to lost a fan on some of its products. I'm sure you be back once restocks become higher and common. Good for you thou for not wanting to be part of this crazy world of Nintendo collecting hopefully the rage doesn't bother you for long
Of course. I mean I'm already back. I'm lingering on this board and refreshing amazon like a mad man. I will always be a Nintendo fan, I really think they make the best games. However, I will probably vent on forums like this one over the very, very silly things that they do. At least until the new CEO rolls in and cans all of these poor decision makers at NOA.

FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE I was spending the day doing family stuff and missed out on this. Le sigh here is hoping for restocks!

Crap..... yea wasn't online today looks like this went fast. Is gamestop or any other place getting this or was it Amazon exclusive only? I really wanted this

Son of a son of a bitch's bitch! Missed this. If it comes back into stock, someone please PM me or something. I wanted this so bad, but I was busy today.

I missed out.

Since when did preorders go up on a Saturday? WTH Amazon!
This is exactly what I just thought! Thought I was safe with not checking in Saturday, being so busy with family stuff today, and since stuff never goes up on Saturdays figured I was safe. Well, fuck me.

You're right about the lack of story continuity between the two titles, but Xenoblade Chronicles is a game that deserves to be played on its own right. It's a pretty large game with an amazing soundtrack and a very fun battle system, but feels like the natural evolution of the classic JRPG. XC is a game that couldn't be nearly as enjoyable when watching a Let's Play/Longplay.

Xenoblade Chronicles is way better on the Wii than the N3DS due to the 3DS's horrible resolution and major compression of music/textures, and it's a 60+ hour game which makes justifying the high price easier. I personally paid a little less than $40 after a birthday coupon and PUR back before GS raised the price, but I feel that I would have still been able to justify paying a higher price.
Thanks for the input.

Most likely, yes, as it wasn't advertised as an Amazon exclusive. How many other places though, nobody knows.
Well, considering "N" & Amazon's relationship of the past, I doubt this will be the only place to get this. I'm sure at least GS, BB will carry this and maybe Newegg and Target as well. Who knows really, I'm sure Amazon may have more as well at some point.

Noooooo!!!! Been waiting for an announcement for this since NOA direct last year :( can't believe it's already sold out... Any word if this was an amazon exclusive or not?

Anyone who pre-ordered this from Amazon and wants to cancel as soon as it's available from Best Buy, PLEASE don't do that cancellation and consider offering your pre-order to someone here (such as myself ;) ) who was not able to get in on this. I don't want to patronize a scalper on eBay... and I won't... but my son would love this for Xmas, and I can only be on CAG 12 hours a day or so between my job and sleep... LOL

Anyone who pre-ordered this from Amazon and wants to cancel as soon as it's available from Best Buy, PLEASE don't do that cancellation and consider offering your pre-order to someone here (such as myself ;) ) who was not able to get in on this. I don't want to patronize a scalper on eBay... and I won't... but my son would love this for Xmas, and I can only be on CAG 12 hours a day or so between my job and sleep... LOL

Ok pm me to remind me

Are you serious? I honestly cannot even tell if you're just trying to rile people up or troll, I worked from 3 to 1 with no downtime and went straight to bed when I got home.
Guess you missed out. Was super easy to get as I took a nap yesterday, casually browsed through FB, saw a post about this LE and hour after it posted and picked it up with no problem. It's no one's fault except your own.

Then I guess you don't want it bad enough :p  I'm considering quitting my job, too, so I can get all of these Collector's Editions. I might not be able to pay for them, but I can frame the credit card bill right beside them as part of the display.

Guess I'll quit my job then so I can be home to pre-order collector's editions, I blame only myself and my poor choices, I'm sorry I failed you moopher.
Or, you could quit acting like an entitled baby with a diaper rash. Time couldn't have been more random, just like everything else in life. You're bitching after one retailer released some POs on a Saturday afternoon (insert entitlement here) and you didn't get in on it because you were too tired to do so. Who else's fault is it? Maybe find a job with more convenient hours since that was clearly your hinderence here.

a pre order lasting less than one day does not qualify as easy to get, I miss out on stuff all the time because I cant always be on cag
I guess that's why it's a special edition. Also, I didn't know it was an Amazon exclusive since it only lasted one day and won't be available again since that's how everyone is referring to it.

Or, and this is just as an example, you were celebrating your wedding anniversary with a quick getaway, and not connected to CAG for a day.

Are you serious? I honestly cannot even tell if you're just trying to rile people up or troll, I worked from 3 to 1 with no downtime and went straight to bed when I got home.
I was at my wedding anniversary and then worked from 3 to 2 (on the same day) and still managed to get in on this.

Last edited:
Come on people, you know pre-orders aren't over, and have barely started right? Once every retailer has listed this, and then it's sold out EVERYWHERE, then lets start the bitchin. For now, I'm pretty sure Amazon will even have this again at some point, take a chill pill.

Wow, that went quick. While I'm sad that I didn't get to put in a preorder, I'm glad to see so much love for the Xeno series.  Hopefully the special edition will be available at some other retailers eventually.

If it was the whole soundtrack I'd consider it, but 10 songs isn't good enough.
Why these stupid companies feel compelled to put a physical soundtrack on cd I'll never know. I'm sure that's part of the reason as something like two or three cd's would definitely jack up the price. Why the idiots can't press it on DVD then have it so you put it into a computer to rip off the FLAC files listed I'll never know.

Why these stupid companies feel compelled to put a physical soundtrack on cd I'll never know. I'm sure that's part of the reason as something like two or three cd's would definitely jack up the price. Why the idiots can't press it on DVD then have it so you put it into a computer to rip off the FLAC files listed I'll never know.
Well people have been collecting video game OSTs in CD format for Gosh what feels like decades. They're selling the OST on a limited edition CD so of course they aren't going to include the entire thing in the CE. Now me personally? I'd much prefer it come as CD or DVD format with a digital code attached that I can download from.

For what it's worth the CD will probably rise in value much more than the CE. If you want an example just search Final Fantasy OSTs on eBay.

Edit: Side note, Square puts their OSTs on DVDs.

bread's done
Back