Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

Damn, 11 dollars more than amazon, gamestop charge tax + shipping.. I think I'm going to have to pass. I'm starting to think its not even worth the 89.99 price tag.
I wish they just jacked it up to $100 and threw in a mini-statue or something. :eek: It seems pretty lackluster for a special edition but I'd rather get it now than deal with the ebay resellers.

You're welcome everyone. Thanks to me, you are still able to preorder this because i secured a preorder like 2 weeks ago. If i hadn't secured a preorder yet this would have been sold out within minutes.

objectively speaking, GS (online) is probably the best place to order from when it comes to niche/japanese/CEs
Shipping? Gamestop is the worst place to order from when it comes to niche, atleast from my experience. I posted earlier that I ordered Operation Abyss and like most Atlus games released day one, it comes with a box and soundtrack. It was in a thin cheap envelope and with very little padding inside and it was crushed all to hell.

I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition because I missed it at Amazon and it's not available for Best Buy right now. Plus in store it's on my way to work. Yes, in store. Because in store if the box is crushed I'll tell them they better send it back and get me one in brand new condition. Shipping? No way in hell I'm getting shipped from then again.

You know, I really wanted this when it was first announced... now I'm having second thoughts and the $5 shipping doesn't help. Yes, I could go into the store perhaps, but someone convince me that it's worth it. I just feel like it's at least $10 too high, and some of these items feel more like a pre-order bonus than a "collector's edition". (Plus if I just get the game, I'm sure there will be a B2G1 sale or something at some point, make this CE even more over-priced.)

I'm astounded at how many people think a FIVE DOLLAR SHIPPING FEE kills this. For goodness sake, you can probably re-sell this later sealed for at least double what you're paying initially.

You know, I really wanted this when it was first announced... now I'm having second thoughts and the $5 shipping doesn't help. Yes, I could go into the store perhaps, but someone convince me that it's worth it. I just feel like it's at least $10 too high, and some of these items feel more like a pre-order bonus than a "collector's edition". (Plus if I just get the game, I'm sure there will be a B2G1 sale or something at some point, make this CE even more over-priced.)
it's worth it because if you don't get it now, you're going to be paying more for it later on. These aren't going to be just lying around.

This is us right now
giphy.gif

should I cancel my 5 preorders? it's been up for days now, so I'm pretty sure anyone who wants one already preordered one. This could turn out to be really common. 

It's hilarious watching ppl buying this just to flip it.

I wonder how many who buy this even have a Wii u.

And to think a few years ago, Nintendo wasn't even interested in publishing this franchise in the States.

I think all the preorders will have the contrary effect of Nintendo producing a whole lot more than the actual demand for this.

should I cancel my 5 preorders? it's been up for days now, so I'm pretty sure anyone who wants one already preordered one. This could turn out to be really common.
5? I could maybe understand buying 1 extra but 5... what the hell, man. I'm glad you won't get to profit off this like you wanted to.

I'm astounded at how many people think a FIVE DOLLAR SHIPPING FEE kills this. For goodness sake, you can probably re-sell this later sealed for at least double what you're paying initially.
1. I'm not in it to try & resell. I don't even feel like this is worth the 89.99. They could had done a lot better with this collector edition. Also, as you see by other people who are in it to resell in this thread. This has been up for awhile at GameStop so I highly doubt it's going to be worth double . It's not even a store exclusive. I remember when the metroid prime trilogy collector edition was going for a ton of money, then it dropped crazy in price. I was able to pick that up for 39.99 a few months ago from a game store. I see the same thing happening with this collector edition. So, if I wait long enough, I'll probably will just be able to get it for way cheaper than 89.99. Hell, even bravely default collector edition dropped in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hilarious watching ppl buying this just to flip it.

I wonder how many who buy this even have a Wii u.

And to think a few years ago, Nintendo wasn't even interested in publishing this franchise in the States.

I think all the preorders will have the contrary effect of Nintendo producing a whole lot more than the actual demand for this.
Yea pretty much.

It's not the $5 shipping fee that kills it, but now it makes me feel that this is about $15 overpriced. I am buying it to open and play the game, that's why I'm hesitant. Doesn't seem like the extra stuff is worth $45+ over the price of just the game... and if I can get just the game as part of B2G1 or something, then that makes those extras sitting on the shelf even more expensive.

I also think that the re-sellers are going to not make out on this since it's been up so long... and maybe that means I can pick up the CE later. But I would have preferred a statue or something else... I don't know. I'm still debating. It's not the cash, it's the principle of supporting over-priced stuff that feels more like a pre-order bonus that actual CE quality items.

$30 extra for the Artbook, Card, and USB ain't so bad.  They could have gone $20 extra though and probably been just fine.

Still waiting for the GCU Edition so I can dump my GS PO.

Hey some of us need to flip this. My micropenis has affected my self esteem and I'm still a virgin after 45 years. I just need the money for an enlargement procedure and also to help my undescended testicle drop into the sac. I work hard shining hubcaps every day but it's not enough compensation

Pe-ordered at GameStop, minimum $25 deposit. I have enough points for a $15 off PowerUp Rewards certificate so that's a win for me :D/ so all in, It'll cost only $75, not too shabby.

This is going to be one of the few CE's I do not purchase at full price.  I may have to lose out on it completely, but I guess I'm ok with that ... I'm getting really tired of limited run items... guess i'm just getting too old for it.  That and I'm not willing to pay $30 more for an artbook and a pen drive worth $3 that I can buy at microcenter, themed or not  Steelbook would have made this a no-brainer.

Best Buy seems to be the last one to put up these Nintendo items nowadays (first the Chibi Robo and Yoshi amiibo bundles, now this).  If they even end up putting them up.

Best Buy seems to be the last one to put up these Nintendo items nowadays (first the Chibi Robo and Yoshi amiibo bundles, now this). If they even end up putting them up.
Did Best Buy ever put up either of those bundles? I never saw them.

At any rate, I'm happy the stock on this does seem to be decent judging by the Gamestop/Wal-Mart pre-orders still being open. Very good news for everyone.

This is going to be one of the few CE's I do not purchase at full price. I may have to lose out on it completely, but I guess I'm ok with that ... I'm getting really tired of limited run items... guess i'm just getting too old for it. That and I'm not willing to pay $30 more for an artbook and a pen drive worth $3 that I can buy at microcenter, themed or not Steelbook would have made this a no-brainer.
Yeah. I'm hoping that Amazon.co.uk has the EU version up because it DOES have a steelbook. Amazon.de has it up now but I don't want the german writing/rating on the front of the box.

Edit: Looks like its the same version on both .de and the UK GAME site. Not a different version on .de, so went ahead and preordered it there. Comes to ~$80

This is a weak CE. Ill get the regular version. My first wii u game this year... I'm really excited. It looks so fun.

Yeah, its locked, but can get the box and steelbook and all that. Guess its probably not worth the $80 to some people <shrug>
No, I doubt you'll find many people willing to pay $80 for a box and steelbook.

And I don't see how you are paying less than $90 something with shipping anyways.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back