Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

nothingtoseehere.png

everything fine here!

Thanks for the heads up, OP.  

Just didn't want to pass up a chance at the collector's so I bit on it.  Can always return it if I change my mind.  

Ordered mine, even though I don't have a Wii U yet and won't be getting mine until Black Friday, but better safe than screwed, am I right?  The game won't be out by the time I get it, anyway, so it all works out.

I ordered and finally was able to apply my rewards certificate. But the order didn't show up on order history page on Bestbuy and I never got an email confirmation. But the pending charge is there on the credit card. Anyone else have thus happen?

I ordered and finally was able to apply my rewards certificate. But the order didn't show up on order history page on Bestbuy and I never got an email confirmation. But the pending charge is there on the credit card. Anyone else have thus happen?
My confirmation took about half an hour to arrive.

Same ordeal, got a 2nd order in using the digital gift card from the eBay sale the other day and it's showing the current value but no e-mail confirmation nor showing in my order history.... panic?

i have this problem also. i want to cancel my first order and keep the one i used my RZ certs on.

I reordered without certs and it hasn't shown up yet.  Dont panic i'm sure they will show up.  Just hold on to the first one until they do.

Order went through on second try. Between GCU and $10 of reward certificates, total came out to $65.71, tax included. Not bad for an $89.99 MSRP game.

Not a good sign, I just called Bestbuy regarding my order never showing up in my order history. Apparently they can't find it either. The lady was useless and just told me 2 reorder. I stated multiple times that I applied my $30 reward certificate to the order. She just kept telling me she can't find the order and there's nothing she can do. So I'm basically out my $30 reward certificate.

Not a good sign, I just called Bestbuy regarding my order never showing up in my order history. Apparently they can't find it either. The lady was useless and just told me 2 reorder. I stated multiple times that I applied my $30 reward certificate to the order. She just kept telling me she can't find the order and there's nothing she can do. So I'm basically out my $30 reward certificate.
Did you check your points/$ rewards balance? If the $30 worth of certs/points isn't there, call back later this week once they sorted out the bugs from today. CS reps have typically (elite plus here) never given me troubles when I report missing points or points that I think should have been received (15+ days).

Oh dear jesus I'm heading back to check my order history now

Did you check your points/$ rewards balance? If the $30 worth of certs/points isn't there, call back later this week once they sorted out the bugs from today. CS reps have typically (elite plus here) never given me troubles when I report missing points or points that I think should have been received (15+ days).
Yea my reward certificate is gone. I don't know how I can prove that I used it on basically a ghost order.

Update: the order finally showed up, right after another customer service rep stated I should be expecting my reward certificate to come back in 3 to 5 business days cause the order got canceled lol. They don't know what they're talking about apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be tempted, but I won't have a chance to play the original beforehand, I don't want to throw the insane amount of money on the Wii version to play it, and I'm disappointed in the lack of a steelbook. It seems that Woolly World will be my only for-sure purchase of 2015, though I'mm PROBABLY get Mario Tennis as well (still wish it were Golf),

Last edited by a moderator:
My order showed up around 10 minutes later so it might vary per person due to the site acting up.

I'd be tempted, but I won't have a chance to play the original beforehand, I don't want to throw the insane amount of money on the Wii version to play it, and I'm disappointed in the lack of a steelbook. It seems that Woolly World will be my only for-sure purchase of 2015, though I'mm PROBABLY get Mario Tennis as well (still wish it were Golf),
I don't think the original and this one are connected story wise. But Europe recently released the original Xenoblade on the Wii U virtual console so it shouldn't be long before NOA releases it too.

My order showed up around 10 minutes later so it might vary per person due to the site acting up.

I don't think the original and this one are connected story wise. But Europe recently released the original Xenoblade on the Wii U virtual console so it shouldn't be long before NOA releases it too.
No the story is unrelated, totally different universe. It does share some common themes and story elements (like Final Fantasy with crystals and chocobos), but they're not directly related otherwise. Gameplay-wise it's a sequel, as it builds off the previous combat system and the fact that it's open world with sidequests etc. Same style as the previous game, it's a spiritual sequel.

So it's nice to play the first one if you're unsure if you'll like the style of gameplay, but you won't be missing any plot details by skipping it either. And of course it's a great game in it's own right besides.

Cost me $5 more to order it from BB with a new GCU as opposed to GameStop, and I have a $5 GC I forgot to use...  Guess it's time I finally joined the club.  Still wonder if I should keep my GS preorder...

Does anyone really think this will sellout? I mean, within the next few hours or days? Being from Nintendo it seems like it would, but, as far as I know, GameStop has had it in stock for weeks.
Lamestop usually sells out last on CE's due to most of the people who would buy a CE don't like them much. Bestbuy will sell out I bet because of their rewards points and gcu, not to mention they have more customer friendly policies and you don't harassed by annoying kids.

I ordered as soon as it went live but a few hours later the shipping charge wasn't gone so I cancelled it and put in another order.

I'll keep my amazon preorder i guess just in case something screws up.

And now I'll use the excuse that I want to play with other people, but know no one else with a Wii U.

I'm a complainer. It's what I do.

I'm keeping my Circuit City pre-order, but I'm cancel long my Service Mercandise pre-order. Btw- I'm texting this post from a pay-phone in Mervyns

I'm keeping my Circuit City pre-order, but I'm cancel long my Service Mercandise pre-order. Btw- I'm texting this post from a pay-phone in Mervyns
I asked if my local Turtles was getting it in but they're still stuck with tons of Stadium Events nes carts nobody wants so looks like a no-go from them.

bread's done
Back