Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

Hmmmmm are cancelations common on bestbuy? I already have one at gamestop on order and I don't want to take any chances.
I've pre-ordered 3 things from Best Buy, this game being the 3rd, and I've had 2 things cancelled, so...if this pre-order actually works I'll be shocked.

I've gotten all of my pre orders from them. That is so weird. Some do come damaged though.
Yea, I'd say about 75% of anything I order from Best Buy comes pretty beat up. I'll never forget ordering the Neo Geo X long ago and it being shipped in some big yellow plastic bag, like, literally a bag and not even a box. You could see right through the bag at the item and everything. Of course, it was damaged and I had to return it, but I always do in store pickup when available. The last thing I ordered was a laptop and the box looked like it had been kicked down the street on the way to delivery.

I've pre-ordered 3 things from Best Buy, this game being the 3rd, and I've had 2 things cancelled, so...if this pre-order actually works I'll be shocked.
I've ordered more than a dozen items with Best Buy and so far, all have shown up without issue.

What were the other two items you pre-ordered with Best Buy and they canceled out from under you?

Not to answer for him but people complain about error's not being shipped to them all the time, such as that mispriced gift card not too long ago.

The only other thing I can think of that was widely cancelled is the Majora's Mask New 3DS.  

Now I've had shit cancelled but that's due more to the incompetence of the local store and their inability to hold pre-orders rather than the company itself, and even then that hasn't happened since the shift in management awhile ago.

Anyways, I'm curious and hoping somebody can answer; when can we expect these pre-orders to arrive?  I know retailers like Target have a habit of shipping stuff out so that it arrives before the street date; does Best Buy do that as well?  I usually don't pre-order from them lol.  

Likewise I got an email from Best Buy saying my Avengers pre-order is in the mail yet the status says UPS hasn't picked it up..... but perhaps it hasn't updated yet lol.  This has been a crazy month, I've got half a dozen pre-orders that are supposed to be coming in October lol.

Last edited:
Yea, I'd say about 75% of anything I order from Best Buy comes pretty beat up. I'll never forget ordering the Neo Geo X long ago and it being shipped in some big yellow plastic bag, like, literally a bag and not even a box. You could see right through the bag at the item and everything. Of course, it was damaged and I had to return it, but I always do in store pickup when available. The last thing I ordered was a laptop and the box looked like it had been kicked down the street on the way to delivery.
My Persona 4 up all night DFE order using in store pickup was smashed all to hell.

Seems like BB can be rather inconsistent with their packaging. I ordered the Bravely Default SE last year and had it shipped. It arrived on release day, in immaculate condition. Now I'm paranoid about this packaging. I guess I'll just roll the dice and see what I get...

Still in stock at bb. Is it safe to order more than 1?

I got my Persona 4 Disco edition and it was packaged perfectly. I wanted to make love to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like BB can be rather inconsistent with their packaging. I ordered the Bravely Default SE last year and had it shipped. It arrived on release day, in immaculate condition. Now I'm paranoid about this packaging. I guess I'll just roll the dice and see what I get...
bravely default is the only thing I have ever ordered from BB. it also came in a large box and perfect condition

I should cancel my "hey we can't tell you for certain whether or not your preorder was successful" preorder on Newegg since BB seems to have a unlimited stock

Anyways, I'm curious and hoping somebody can answer; when can we expect these pre-orders to arrive? I know retailers like Target have a habit of shipping stuff out so that it arrives before the street date; does Best Buy do that as well? I usually don't pre-order from them lol.

Likewise I got an email from Best Buy saying my Avengers pre-order is in the mail yet the status says UPS hasn't picked it up..... but perhaps it hasn't updated yet lol. This has been a crazy month, I've got half a dozen pre-orders that are supposed to be coming in October lol.
I'd say from pre-ordering most major game releases, since a year or two before the GCU discount started, early deliveries are rare. I only got a game once one day before release.

They cancelled my MM3dsxl preorder but gave me a 50 dollar goft card.

They shipped an amiibo I ordered in a bubble mailer.

Only issues I've had with them. I got a meta knight amiibo from them when it came out and it came just fine.

For anyone who has BB rewards that they need to use before the game launches, you can apply the rewards toward buying GCU, which is what I did.  So essentially you're getting the 20% off plus saving more $ depending on your rewards.

Or you could just do what I do and apply your rewards to non-gaming items to maximize the double reward points you get from each gaming purchase with GCU.

*assuming you purchase non-gaming items occasionally at Best Buy.

I'm wondering if Nintendo's documented issues with demand have caused them to release the SE well in advance before release date to fulfill orders. Because let's face it: they have left money on the table for previous items, with some items selling for 3 to 5 times more than MSRP (I've been told that the sweetspot for LEs is 2 to 1, anything higher, than they made too few, lower or about the same, they made too much)

Perhaps Amazon, BB still has stock and Nintendo is being kept in the loop regarding demand. 

idk. 

I am surprised BB still preordreing these. Guess it will not be that rare.
I'm a little surprised too and you are probably right; however Best Buy had the Super Smash Bros controller bundle available for preorder for a few months before it finally sold out right near release, and it became fairly rare and sought after.

I'm a little surprised too and you are probably right; however Best Buy had the Super Smash Bros controller bundle available for preorder for a few months before it finally sold out right near release, and it became fairly rare and sought after.
This 100x.

A big part of that was the GC adapter though... since getting that standalone was difficult enough (it was going for $80 alone at one point) so spending $50-60 over MSRP on the CE made (which was $100, I think?) for the game + controller make a lot more sense than spending $50-60 more on just the adapter.

I think there's a chance this'll stay in stock. Nintendo CE's don't last too long ever but when you compare the Wii U's holiday offerings (Xeno X, AC) to that of the PS4/X1's (major 3rd party releases, like Fallout, CoD and Battlefront), I would think the last thing Nintendo wants is to shortages. Plus, I think more and more people are realizing that this CE sucks. Other Nintendo CEs have been great values (i.e., Wind Waker HD and MM 3D both threw in a figure for $10 more) but this one just doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus, I'm sure NoA is kicking themselves for missing out for bringing the original over on their own, instead having to share profits with GS.

Since bestbuy gave me a free $10 gift card, I just canceled this and order the regular one for $42 instead. :rofl:

Amazon's page is now calling this a "Discontinued" item. Anybody know why?
Well Amazon was the place that originally put this up for sale on a Saturday way back when and it sold out in hours never to appear again for preorder. Not sure why Best Buy and Gamestop have been allotted so much more or if Amazon is just fucking around with everyone and purposely holding back stock.

With this still being up for preorder at GameStop and Best Buy, looks like this might be a epic fail for all those scalpers that bought a lot with hopes of doubling and tripling their money. I really don't see both Best Buy and GameStop overselling preorders. Maybe 1 but not both.

With this still being up for preorder at GameStop and Best Buy, looks like this might be a epic fail for all those scalpers that bought a lot with hopes of doubling and tripling their money. I really don't see both Best Buy and GameStop overselling preorders. Maybe 1 but not both.
Fail? No, both stores offer full returns so there's no risk. They just won't succeed if it doesn't pan out.

For a game that came out in July in the Far East, don't know why Nintendo dragged this long to release it out West, against some really tough competition. 

For a game that came out in July in the Far East, don't know why Nintendo dragged this long to release it out West, against some really tough competition.
This is nothing compared to the bullshit travesty that was Wooly World's release.

At least with this they can justify the delay with translations and localization.

Fail? No, both stores offer full returns so there's no risk. They just won't succeed if it doesn't pan out.
It's a fail because scalpers hope to buy up entire inventories in order to leave them as the only option to buy the product at inflated prices. Looks like this time, these won't be something that they can horde and sell for unreasonable prices because these don't seem like they will be rare.

It's a fail because scalpers hope to buy up entire inventories in order to leave them as the only option to buy the product at inflated prices. Looks like this time, these won't be something that they can horde and sell for unreasonable prices because these don't seem like they will be rare.
Why do stores continue to accept more than 1 or 2 refunds of these per person? Limit the returns to even 3 per person and you'd nip this shit in the bud almost completely.

I preordered from Amazon. The regular version is showing release day delivery, but the special edition doesn't. Has anyone asked Amazon if they're eventually going to upgrade this to RDD?

I'm considering the digital version now that I know about the data install, but my guess is that it won't go on sale for at least a couple years.

I'm considering the digital version now that I know about the data install, but my guess is that it won't go on sale for at least a couple years.
If any games is worth full digital price, it's this. I'm actually going to see if I can get a disc copy before release so that I can play it as soon as possible and then trade that in once the digital version unlocks. You could say that I'm really feeling it :p

A big part of that was the GC adapter though... since getting that standalone was difficult enough (it was going for $80 alone at one point) so spending $50-60 over MSRP on the CE made (which was $100, I think?) for the game + controller make a lot more sense than spending $50-60 more on just the adapter.

I think there's a chance this'll stay in stock. Nintendo CE's don't last too long ever but when you compare the Wii U's holiday offerings (Xeno X, AC) to that of the PS4/X1's (major 3rd party releases, like Fallout, CoD and Battlefront), I would think the last thing Nintendo wants is to shortages. Plus, I think more and more people are realizing that this CE sucks. Other Nintendo CEs have been great values (i.e., Wind Waker HD and MM 3D both threw in a figure for $10 more) but this one just doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus, I'm sure NoA is kicking themselves for missing out for bringing the original over on their own, instead having to share profits with GS.
Dunning-Kruger effect?

bread's done
Back