Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

To me it is really gross when female characters have this grossly huge boobs and all her persona/character gets shaded by that, so i am cool with that.

To me it is really gross when female characters have this grossly huge boobs and all her persona/character gets shaded by that, so i am cool with that.
Right that makes sense. Because if you want to customize your character you should just have a default size because some women dont really have larger breasts. ANd if they do then that makes them bad people

There really should be more in this special edition such as a full soundtrack. It's telling that this is still in stock but not Fire Emblem.

It probably (as a guess) sold out ages ago at Best Buy, but they didn't pull the listing. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people got cancellations.
I doubt it, it's still available to purchase at many other online retailers - Gamestop, Newegg, Walmart, Target among others. I think Best Buy was only the second place to sell out, right after the 6 hour sellout at Amazon.

The slider was for your custom created protagonist, it's not going to magically reduce the boob size of any other strong independent female characters in the game.

nevermind, Target, gamestop and TRU all had it. I went with TRU cuz gamestop charges shipping and I have bad luck with "pickup at store" from them.

It probably (as a guess) sold out ages ago at Best Buy, but they didn't pull the listing. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people got cancellations.
I have monitored this for a little while and the majority of the time I always found the BB listing to be OOS so either I was lucky yesterday or like you said an error. I'll shall see.

Have other similar CEs dropped in price before? I'm not convinced this will sell out and hoping for a price drop.
Nintendo hasn't made many first party CEs and from what I can tell, every single one sold out and never dropped in price. Off the top of my head I can think of:

Windwaker HD - Wii U

Majora's Mask - 3DS

Skyward Sword (With Gold Wiimote) - Wii

Bravely Default (Published by Nintendo) - 3DS

The Last Story (Published by Nintendo) - Wii

There were games like Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii that were labeled as "limited" or "Collector's Edition". All of these games eventually went on sale, but they didn't have a standard release along side of them and they were produced in very large quantities.

F u c k Nintendo's censorship. I would never buy this. It's the principle of the matter
It's not the principle. The only time the 'net gets outraged about changes in games during localization to this degree is when they're putting clothes on the underaged girls or otherwise limiting access to virtual boobies. If that's your bag, fine, but call it what it is. Don't try to make it sound like it's some noble act.

It's not the principle. The only time the 'net gets outraged about changes in games during localization to this degree is when they're putting clothes on the underaged girls or otherwise limiting access to virtual boobies. If that's your bag, fine, but call it what it is. Don't try to make it sound like it's some noble act.
Agreed. Plus... there are much better places to find illicit images of women. Ask Jeeves.

Nintendo hasn't made many first party CEs and from what I can tell, every single one sold out and never dropped in price. Off the top of my head I can think of:

Windwaker HD - Wii U

Majora's Mask - 3DS

Skyward Sword (With Gold Wiimote) - Wii

Bravely Default (Published by Nintendo) - 3DS

The Last Story (Published by Nintendo) - Wii

There were games like Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii that were labeled as "limited" or "Collector's Edition". All of these games eventually went on sale, but they didn't have a standard release along side of them and they were produced in very large quantities.
The Last Story was published by Xseed & it dropped in price. Got the Limited Edition for $35 or $40 new with soundtrack from Xseed's site a few years ago. It was that price untill it was gone. The LE was hard to find in stores at the time. So it was a suprise when Xseed had a bunch to sell on their site later. That was over a year after it came out too.

The Last Story was published by Xseed & it dropped in price. Got the Limited Edition for $35 or $40 new with soundtrack from Xseed's site a few years ago. It was that price untill it was gone. The LE was hard to find in stores at the time. So it was a suprise when Xseed had a bunch to sell on their site later. That was over a year after it came out too.
Then technically I guess it doesn't count as a first party CE since it wasn't published by Nintendo over here.

It was $16 on Amazon in November 2012.

...It's telling that this is still in stock but not Fire Emblem.
It's more telling that people think the fire emblem one is worth it but the xenoblade one isn't, neither is worth those prices. The main reason the FE sold out faster is because there are more fire emblem fans than xenoblade fans.

God I hope not. I just preordered this yesterday morning to get gamers club unlocked.

Then technically I guess it doesn't count as a first party CE since it wasn't published by Nintendo over here.
The Last Story is a first party nintendo game. They own the ip.

It's more telling that people think the fire emblem one is worth it but the xenoblade one isn't, neither is worth those prices. The main reason the FE sold out faster is because there are more fire emblem fans than xenoblade fans.
Gotta disagree with you on this one, there's a difference. With Xenoblade, the base game cost $60, they're basically charging you $30 for the extra SE stuff which alot of people thought wasn't worth it. As opposed to Fire Emblem, it would've costed you $80 anyways to buy all 3 versions of the game. The artbook and 3ds pouch was basically thrown in for free if you bought the SE. And before you say all 3 versions at $80 is overpriced, plenty of people thought full msrp of $40 for Awakening was well worth it. Each version of FE Fates is as large as FE Awakening. Essentially making this FE game 3X the size of Awakening for 2x the price.

Gotta disagree with you on this one, there's a difference. With Xenoblade, the base game cost $60, they're basically charging you $30 for the extra SE stuff which alot of people thought wasn't worth it. As opposed to Fire Emblem, it would've costed you $80 anyways to buy all 3 versions of the game. The artbook and 3ds pouch was basically thrown in for free if you bought the SE. And before you say all 3 versions at $80 is overpriced, plenty of people thought full msrp of $40 for Awakening was well worth it. Each version of FE Fates is as large as FE Awakening. Essentially making this FE game 3X the size of Awakening for 2x the price.
Those 3 versions could have been made into one version. Nintendo is milking the awakening crowd out of their cash.

I was going to complain at first because it seemed like a really dirty way to make us pay $80 for a full game instead of $40, but then I realized that they basically pulled a "Pokemon" on this one -- they made 2(3) games almost identical but with slight differences (though obviously these differences are a bit bigger than X vs Y) and sold them separately. :shrug:

Each of the two halves are as big as Awakening though. Almost nothing is shared between the two, other than being the same series. They could have released them a year apart, and no one would have this conversation.

Each of the two halves are as big as Awakening though. Almost nothing is shared between the two, other than being the same series. They could have released them a year apart, and no one would have this conversation.
Regardless, this is Fire Emblem - so if history serves, pass it up and you'll be paying $80 per game in a few years.

Those 3 versions could have been made into one version. Nintendo is milking the awakening crowd out of their cash.
Why would Nintendo make a game 3X as long as Awakening and only charge $40. From what I've seen the difference between conquest and birthright are big enough that it could've easily been 2 completely separate Fire Emblem games.

Why would Nintendo make a game 3X as long as Awakening and only charge $40. From what I've seen the difference between conquest and birthright are big enough that it could've easily been 2 completely separate Fire Emblem games.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is bigger than those "3 versions" of FE.

I'd like to point out, that it doesn't matter if they could have released the three FE titles as one version.  The only part that is important to a comparison of the two Special editions is that they didn't release them as only one version.  Since they didn't, the cost to get regular editions of the complete set is $80, it doesn't matter if it could have been $40.

By that same logic, I can create a false reality where the Xenoblade SE is a better deal by saying that there is so much content in it that Nintendo could have released it across three $60 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are overestimating the content in these games. Read any Japanese review and the biggest complaint is how each game feels incomplete because you need the other $40 route to fully grasp it.

I'd like to point out, that it doesn't matter if they could have released the three FE titles as one version. The only part that is important to a comparison of the two Special editions is that they didn't release them as only one version. Since they didn't, the cost to get regular editions of the complete set is $80, it doesn't matter if it could have been $40.

By that same logic, I can create a false reality where the Xenoblade SE is a better deal by saying that there is so much content in it that Nintendo could have released it across three $60 games.
imagine if publishers milked rpgs like the movie industry!

I think people are overestimating the content in these games. Read any Japanese review and the biggest complaint is how each game feels incomplete because you need the other $40 route to fully grasp it.
I am LMAO seeing the same people who bitched about Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain try to justify Nintendo's Fire Emblem shenanigans.

I am an idiot for missing this.

Just an FYI.  Still available at Target.  I'm on the fence without GCU though.

HELLO EVERYONE!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

I WILL YELL IF I WANT!

Side note, does anyone know when Best Buy stuff arrives? Just got an email saying my order has shipped. I doubt I will get this tomorrow, but was thinking about buying the game (I've been waiting A LONG TIME FOR THIS) tomorrow and when my special edition arrives, returning the unopened game to Best Buy. 

thoughts? 

Edit: An unboxing to get you excited: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eIYikm6bg

If it has already shipped, then there should be a tracking number. Most likely UPS, so you should also be able to see an estimated delivery date.

bread's done
Back