xTheThiBag88x send off OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']It might be the best 360 exclusive there is.
The game was awesome in every way it possibly could be.
In theory it could've used the ability to have more than one game per profile, but that's a minor nit.[/QUOTE]

What? Weak graphics. Shitty controls. Stupid ass story about bees or some shit. Terrible save system. Tried to be funny, wasn't.

Here's my zombie game.

Ok, it's a FPS, and it uses the Fallout 3 engine, but uses a map about half the size. Make it take place in a city. You start out in the middle of it with nothing but a crowbar. It's your job to get from the city to outside the city limits. Now, there are guns, but ammo is limited and you must sleep, eat and drink just like a real person would. Not eating or sleeping or drinking water will affect the speed at which you move and your ability to aim straight. You could enter most buildings and fortify it any way you can. Along the way you can pick up survivors. Oh, and zombie don't run. Some walk fast, but most just walk and there be a ton of them. Stealth would be the best way to go about moving through the city and firing a weapon only brings more of them. If you get bitten, that's it, game over, you start from the beginning.

That's my zombie game.

Did you beat Dead Rising? It got pretty serious and morally hamfisted by the halfway mark.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']What? Weak graphics. Shitty controls. Stupid ass story about bees or some shit. Terrible save system. Tried to be funny, wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Dead Rising: Chop til you Drop on the Wii is the game for you then.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe Dead Rising: Chop til you Drop on the Wii is the game for you then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the same game with worse graphics will quell my complaints.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, the same game with worse graphics will quell my complaints.[/QUOTE]

Run it on your PC in the Dolphin emulator -- you can get HD with 4x AA.
I'm sure the motion controls will solve your issues with the complex 360 control scheme which was obviously designed for people with broken upper extremities.
And being on the Wii, the smaller number of zombies will make it less challenging -- and I'm sure they refined the save system... but even if they didn't, the emulator probably supports save states.

It was made for you!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Run it on your PC in the Dolphin emulator -- you can get HD with 4x AA.
I'm sure the motion controls will solve your issues with the complex 360 control scheme which was obviously designed for people with broken upper extremities.
And being on the Wii, the smaller number of zombies will make it less challenging -- and I'm sure they refined the save system... but even if they didn't, the emulator probably supports save states.

It was made for you![/QUOTE]

Control scheme? It had nothing to do with a "scheme," they were just clunky and unresponsive. The point is moot though, since even the best controls wouldn't fix such a stupid game with a stupid plot. It's not even that it was hard. I mean, if you were in a mall infested with zombies, wouldn't you try to clear the mall of them and secure the entrances with something other than benches and wet floor signs? The zombies in the game just respawned and respawned making killing them completely pointless.

I saw Exit Through The Gift Shop tonight, and after that I walked over to the the SLC library where a Cake concert was happening outside. I sat on the grass outside the venue and listened for a while. A few minutes later someone walked out and gave me their wristband, so I got into the show for free.

My mang Darthbudge would be so proud.

I don't usually care for kids movies but Toy Story 3 was probably the best new mainstream movie that I've seen in a while.

---

corrosivefrost/seanr/Bioshocked/Ugamer:

Have you guys checked out that Joe Danger game? I wouldn't mind spending $3 on it.

I assumed I missed out on some pop culture reference since everyone keeps asking that.

Is this Pavement tour a one-off thing or are they going to keep touring for a while? I forgot about it this morning and I think they're sold out now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It might be the best 360 exclusive there is.
The game was awesome in every way it possibly could be.
In theory it could've used the ability to have more than one game per profile, but that's a minor nit.[/QUOTE]

These are all true points.

Had a crazy dream last night that over a period of days we (family and local people) keep seeing giant rocket ships filled with people taking off and go up into the stratosphere way in the distance. After about a month of this we start to get worried that we're missing out on something and there's something we're not being told about why this is happening. And then one day while outside gardening, air raid sirens go off and a countdown from 10 starts over loud speakers. Right when the countdown gets to one 1 I look up at the sky and see a tiny pin prick of light and in an instant it streaks towards the Earth and then there's a massive explosion and heat and blackness. And then I woke up.

Moral of the story: Everybody loot the stores, get your canned goods!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I wish somebody would make a legit zombie game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dead Rising is legit, son.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ugh. It was awful in ways that cannot be described. Plus, it was trying to be "funny" the entire time. fuck that shit.[/QUOTE]

For once I agree with Temp's curmudgeonly ways.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I don't usually care for kids movies but Toy Story 3 was probably the best new mainstream movie that I've seen in a while.

---

Have you guys checked out that Joe Danger game? I wouldn't mind spending $3 on it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down with it. I wanted it, but $15 is too rich for me to drop by myself -- wasn't sure if you guys would be interested. I'd be okay with adding it to the share though. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd be down with it. I wanted it, but $15 is too rich for me to drop by myself -- wasn't sure if you guys would be interested. I'd be okay with adding it to the share though. :)[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

I just noticed that was you frosty :whistle2:#

[quote name='seanr1221']LP, how in fuck do you drift in Blur?

I can't even get 3rd place in these races because of the turns. I try a car with a lot of grip and the low speed kills me. When I use a high speed drift car, I keep hitting walls and lose.[/QUOTE]

Press and hold the "B" button to handbrake. You also have to have a car that's good at drifting. Also if you have a nitro, press down and use it on sharp turns, it slows down time and lets you get a better control on sharp turns...it also acts as a mini EMP to the cars nearby.

Jimbo, I'm fine with that.

LP, I set the game to :baby: and I'm having more fun. Normal was kicking my ass. What difficulty are you playing on?

It bothers me that in Burnout Paradise that if your doors fall off you can see into the car, but there is no driver model driving the car.

[quote name='seanr1221']Jimbo, I'm fine with that.

LP, I set the game to :baby: and I'm having more fun. Normal was kicking my ass. What difficulty are you playing on?[/QUOTE]

I'm also playing on :baby:, I'll go through it in hard after to try to get all the achievements.

-------------------

My iPhone 4 shipped :whee:

Didn't expect that they'd be shipping directly from the factory in HK. Says its scheduled to be delivered on the 24th, but only time will tell.

[quote name='Mojimbo']

Have you guys checked out that Joe Danger game? I wouldn't mind spending $3 on it.[/QUOTE]
Reviews seem good, I'm for it.

Is there a demo?

[quote name='utopianmachine']It's a boy's club up in here.[/QUOTE]
1270264458900.gif

So I ask my brother to get sides to go with these hand cut and aged angus ribeyes I splurged on for FD- and he gives me easy mac & minute rice (not even kraft mac & cheese, fucking easy mac).

My kid also feel asleep and then pee'd herself on the way to Grandma's.

I am aware it's pretty petty to be upset over this shit . . . but this holiday just brings me down to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back