Yakuza 4 - General Discussion - Out Now!

[quote name='Buuhan1']The triangle hold is right there from the start. He knees a person into the air.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured it out. You have to grab them 1st with circle, then hold down triangle. Somehow I missed the prompt that told you about the move.

Beat Ultimate Skill challenges, and currently plowing my way through Ex-hard. Just that and normal left for plat, but loving every minute.

[quote name='jh6269']Yeah, I figured it out. You have to grab them 1st with circle, then hold down triangle. Somehow I missed the prompt that told you about the move.[/QUOTE]

All of his triangle attacks are chargeable. At least they were in the demo.

I'm doing much better with Saejima now that I've unlocked a lot of his moves.

Does anyone know how to get back to the underground place were you help that guy dig? I've been trying to get back there, and I can't seem to find it.

[quote name='jh6269']I'm doing much better with Saejima now that I've unlocked a lot of his moves.

Does anyone know how to get back to the underground place were you help that guy dig? I've been trying to get back there, and I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

theres a sewer lid in front of the millineium tower up the front steps and to the left. check the map i believe theres 3 markers on it that show you the 3 sewer entrances.

[quote name='lokizz']
theres a sewer lid in front of the millineium tower up the front steps and to the left. check the map i believe theres 3 markers on it that show you the 3 sewer entrances.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I found it. :applause:
Anyone know how to find the burnt ash wood or whatever it is? For the pickaxe?

[quote name='jh6269']Thanks, I found it. :applause:
Anyone know how to find the burnt ash wood or whatever it is? For the pickaxe?[/QUOTE]

you can win some wood in the batting cages not sure if its the right type. also you get it from the lockers.

Making good progress in Ultimate Skill, but some are quite tricky. I finally beat the last brawl challenge after like 10 tries. Right now I'm stuck on the boat chase, I'm finished before even half of the other guys stamina is gone.

I finally beat the game yesterday. I have to agree with Buuhan1 about Tan's fight.
I get to it going ehh this won't be too hard then get raped by a pummel of gun fire and 8+ guys surrounding me with knives. I came up with the strategy of killing the Commissioner then going after the other cops since you can't parry also basically just threw everyone after the commissioner died.
Thinking about going back and doing everything then replaying the finale (getting all locker keys/substories/ all 4 up to lvl 20) really enjoyed the game and was baffled how badass I was with Saejima (didn't have to heal once during his fight)

I just got this in the mail from the BB deal. As far as picking a difficulty, are there any fights that stand out as being more difficult than past Yakuzas?

I finally got the platinum. Despite having the least side missions in the series, it was still considerably great and more than worth full price. I plowed through EX-Hard and normal with Amon's glasses/Golden gun combo (overkill lol).

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I just got this in the mail from the BB deal. As far as picking a difficulty, are there any fights that stand out as being more difficult than past Yakuzas?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, the boss fights seemed more toned downed overall from the rest of the series imo. There are two that keep coming up in this thread. One of them is with Saejima versus
Kiryu
and the other is Tanimura's last boss fight.

As a tip for Tanimura's fight, getting the Sacred tree armor set really helps.

[quote name='Supplice']To be honest, the boss fights seemed more toned downed overall from the rest of the series imo. There are two that keep coming up in this thread. One of them is with Saejima versus
Kiryu
and the other is Tanimura's last boss fight.[/QUOTE]
Still only in Part 2, but I bumped it down to easy for that first fight. Any sort of strategy that helps for it?

[quote name='pete5883']Still only in Part 2, but I bumped it down to easy for that first fight. Any sort of strategy that helps for it?[/QUOTE]
The seijima one make use of the hold triangle move and you will be fine.

Yeah, you know, now the damned triangle thing works for me. There must be something that unlocks that attack. I know for sure I tried it against Kazuma and later and it wouldn't work.

By the way, I got the plasma sword (lightsaber) last night. It's so freaking cool. I wish they would have made it slice through people though.

[quote name='pete5883']Still only in Part 2, but I bumped it down to easy for that first fight. [/QUOTE]

z6bma.gif

[quote name='bjstucker']The seijima one make use of the hold triangle move and you will be fine.[/QUOTE]
The one where you hold triangle at the end of a combo, or just hold triangle from the start? I was using the former a lot, and he was blocking or interrupting it just about every time.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']
z6bma.gif
[/QUOTE]
:lol:
I'm sure I could've beaten it, but couldn't be bothered to waste the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you aren't a trophy fanatic then, cause you just screwed yourself out of the Indomitable trophy, which you get for playing completely through Normal (yes, only Normal, not hard, or ex-hard) without reverting to easy difficulty.

[quote name='pete5883']The one where you hold triangle at the end of a combo, or just hold triangle from the start? I was using the former a lot, and he was blocking or interrupting it just about every time.

I'm sure I could've beaten it, but couldn't be bothered to waste the time.[/QUOTE]

combo worked for me its how I beat most fights.

These cutscenes are starting to get funny. I finished Part 3 last night,
and I've noticed that every time the current character is in a room/building/yard/etc. alone & face to face with another character, by the end of the scene that person gets mysteriously shot in front of them. So last night as Sugiuchi is telling Tanimura the truth, I think "uh oh, he's standing in front of me and we're alone, I guess he's going to get shot." And of course he does, making it the 3rd or 4th time in the game, so I think now I'm going to have trouble taking the cutscenes even remotely seriously.
fuckin ridiculous. I think I'm done with this series after this.

Even though I hate zombie games with a passion, I think I'd buy this game just because it's a Yakuza game.

[quote name='pete5883']The one where you hold triangle at the end of a combo, or just hold triangle from the start? I was using the former a lot, and he was blocking or interrupting it just about every time.

I'm sure I could've beaten it, but couldn't be bothered to waste the time.[/QUOTE]

you may need to buy an upgrade . the best combo for him is square, square , square, hold triangle let it charge up ( while doing this people will attack you and not knock you down ) then release triangle and press triangle 2 more times. its the only decent combo he has imo and it really is useful if you do the
fights underground
. nevert lost one.

Hey, anyone know something that I really need to get on Saejima
before I go talk to Magima? I have a feeling it's the last thing I do until I go to the next guy. I've been fighting in the arena and I got the weapons where you use the dragon's eye and that thing from the kid that you save his sister. I made both of those into weapons. Is there anything I really need to do/get before I proceed?

[quote name='jh6269']Hey, anyone know something that I really need to get on Saejima
before I go talk to Magima? I have a feeling it's the last thing I do until I go to the next guy. I've been fighting in the arena and I got the weapons where you use the dragon's eye and that thing from the kid that you save his sister. I made both of those into weapons. Is there anything I really need to do/get before I proceed?
[/QUOTE]

short answer no
before the finale you can go back and do whatever you want

Ok, fair enough. I thought maybe there was a particular weapon that could help me or something.

[quote name='jh6269']Ok, fair enough. I thought maybe there was a particular weapon that could help me or something.[/QUOTE]

I blew through the game just doing revelations and destroyed his last boss without healing once. Tan is the only one I would invest time into and be fully stocked with before you do the finale

Just finished this, thanks to you guys I was overprepared for the last fight. Definitely a step up from 3 in all regards, and Part 4 was pretty awesome, but I won't be buying the next game. I keep wanting a story as good as 1 and 2, and there'll never be one. I said the same thing last year, though.

I thought 3's story was better than 4's, but I seem to be alone in that. Maybe it's because 3's story was more simple and easy to grasp, where as 1, 2, and 4's often left me scratching my head in parts.

I thought Yakuza 3 was not much of an improvement over Yakuza 2. Actually had to push myself to finish it.

And even though I'm only in Chapter 1, Part 2 of Yakuza 4 I'm already enjoying the game more. I felt Kiryuu was not dynamic enough a character to really carry a fourth game by himself.

Fighting portion feels faster, I

While I will say this was my least favorite of the series in terms of story, it is also the first of the series I actually did stuff in after finishing the story (I never did much side activities in 1-3, but after this I wanna change that). I've played for nearly 70 hours and I'm 9 trophies away from platinum (Ex-Hard, Heir to the Ultimate, Business Card, Heir to the Powerful, Amon Defeated, Star of the Coliseum, Master in Training, Weapons Master, and Way of the Pachinko King).

Most of these are just time consuming and aren't all that difficult (well, unless the game is insane on higher difficulty settings). I got over half of Ultimate Challenge done, but I'm stuck on some, and Kiryu and Akiyama are already level 20. I like to think I'm close to platinum, but I know I'm not. Hell, playing through the game two more times is gonna be every bit of 30-40 hours right there.

Think I'm gonna take a break, maybe get some more time with Yakuza 3. Maybe.

Eh, I dunno, I didn't play Y1 or Y2, but I think this game is really great. I would say that it's about the same or better than the Y3 story... I'm only on part 3 though, so unless the story takes a dive, I think it's a pretty great story.

[quote name='jh6269']Eh, I dunno, I didn't play Y1 or Y2, but I think this game is really great. I would say that it's about the same or better than the Y3 story... I'm only on part 3 though, so unless the story takes a dive, I think it's a pretty great story.[/QUOTE]

You haven't gotten to the full retard moments of the story yet. Just you wait.

There was no moments the seemed partically stupid to me except the
push button and get rich
bit. The story just lacked the emotion that the first 3 games had in theirs. There were moments in the first 3 games that really tugged on my heartstrings. 4 didn't do anything like that.

You couldn't help but feel for Kazuma through all of Y1. This guy made such a big sacrifice for his friends, went through hell for it, only to lose them in the end.

Y2's ending left a pretty big emotional implact, I think.

I was trying not to BAWWW-up during Rikiya's death in Y3. Just when I was starting to get use to the guy... The animation and voice acting nailed that scene.

A free DLC pack was released that, from reading the description, allows you to level past lvl 20 as well as adds another Haruka trust level? That can't be right, can it?

[quote name='Buuhan1']A free DLC pack was released that, from reading the description, allows you to level past lvl 20 as well as adds another Haruka trust level? That can't be right, can it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that myself. Wonder if I should get it now or wait... I'm still on Tanimura.

Anyone notice the bathtub of money scene?

Akiyama: Why did you take out a loan?

Dude: So I could achieve my family dream. To swim in a jacuzzi of money

Akiyama: LOL WUT?

Dude: Remember all those people swimming in money like on tv? That's what I wanted.

Akiyama: Pay me back when you're done.

Obviously Asian Father
D3E6O.png

I loved that whole scene. Akiyama's reaction nailed it. Especially when he's hearing his fourth costume, makes everything funnier.

I can't wait to finally get off my ass and beat this game. I just beat Yakuza 3 finally after owning the import(which I hardly touched) for years.
I find that I'm in a bad habit of being in the middle of 10 or so games at one time.

Hell, I'm still playing Mass Effect 2 at the three hour mark... My attention span sucks.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I loved that whole scene. Akiyama's reaction nailed it. Especially when he's hearing his fourth costume, makes everything funnier.[/QUOTE]

Ok, time to replay that quest wearing his 4th costume, brb.

X-Play gave it a 3/5 (same score I gave it), but they felt the need to focus on the pervy and weird stuff.

bread's done
Back