Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Hey guys, I know regarding the gift cards how easy it is to scam them out. That's why if I were to buy any, I'd insist it be done in the actual store for the gift card. Then I'd spend it immediately. But in this case, since there is no more Circuit City online, it would be impossible for him to spend the card online.

With that said, even worse is how much this guy wants for it, especially considering it's for Circuit City. I bet this idiot will still be trying to sell it after all the Circuit Cities are gone for good...

[quote name='Animal7390']i like how the price is $2540 for few games[/QUOTE]

It didn't work out too well for this guy how he put it but I'm thinking he meant it as $25 to $40 each

60G XBOX 360 - $400

I have an XBOX 360, i still have the Box. it comes with a wireless controller, Headset, Call of duty 4, an intercooler to keep your xbox from overheating. This is a mint Xbox THERES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG YOU CAN MEET AT MY HOUSE AN PLAY IT TO MAKE SURE!

i love when people try to get more than it costs in store

how about those ads where the person types out their whole life story and begs you to sell them some expensive electronic item for really really cheap because they "can't afford it".

"I want a ps3 i have this and that my family blah blah blah all i have is 100 dollars put a smile on our faces this christmas"

Bull.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']how about those ads where the person types out their whole life story and begs you to sell them some expensive electronic item for really really cheap because they "can't afford it".

"I want a ps3 i have this and that my family blah blah blah all i have is 100 dollars put a smile on our faces this christmas"

Bull.[/quote]

LOL, I love those. I sometimes post parodies of them beggin for real estate, millions, exotic cars etc. - "there must be some noble, generous billionaire out there willing to throw a few crumbs my way..."

:lol:

failure. stupid anon.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/zip/1044523162.html

GAMESTOP GIVEING AWAY ENTIRE STOCK OF FREE GAMES (90 E 3rd St Spc B-5 Douglas, AZ 85607)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-02-21, 1:06PM MST

THAT'S RIGHT, EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS FREE. WE HAVE OVER 8,000 GAMES IN STOCK ALL FREE. OVER 500 CONSOLES ALL FREE JUST COME DOWN AND TAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!

I own this local gamestop, and I recently won 37 million dollars in the lottery and want to give back to my community. I will be turning this store into a erotic massage parlor in the next few weeks, as this has always been my dream.

If you come down, come down quick as this is going fast. Please no more than 5 consoles and 100 games per person, as I don't want people simply reselling the games.

So I know you came from craigslist, call and shout "I LOVE BATTLETOADS", or shout it as soon as you come in the store or you won't get any games!

+1 (520) 364 2774

90 E 3rd St Spc B-5 Douglas, AZ 85607

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1044523162

[quote name='darkslime']failure. stupid anon.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/zip/1044523162.html

GAMESTOP GIVEING AWAY ENTIRE STOCK OF FREE GAMES (90 E 3rd St Spc B-5 Douglas, AZ 85607)

Date: 2009-02-21, 1:06PM MST

THAT'S RIGHT, EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS FREE. WE HAVE OVER 8,000 GAMES IN STOCK ALL FREE. OVER 500 CONSOLES ALL FREE JUST COME DOWN AND TAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!

I own this local gamestop, and I recently won 37 million dollars in the lottery and want to give back to my community. I will be turning this store into a erotic massage parlor in the next few weeks, as this has always been my dream.

If you come down, come down quick as this is going fast. Please no more than 5 consoles and 100 games per person, as I don't want people simply reselling the games.

So I know you came from craigslist, call and shout "I LOVE BATTLETOADS", or shout it as soon as you come in the store or you won't get any games!

+1 (520) 364 2774

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1044523162[/quote]

I guess this is a prank posting?

an odd internet social grouphave this habit of calling gamestops and asking for "Battletoads" (an NES game) - normally, they post one store, w/phone number, on their site, so that the site gets BURIED in calls from all over the country

This is obviously one of them.

[quote name='darkslime']failure. stupid anon.

+1 (520) 364 2774

PostingID: 1044523162[/quote]

:rofl: OMFG that is the funniest one ever. Though I've heard of people who've done that and caused people to have their houses stripped, not cool. But this is too damn funny!!!

i saw this on a diffrent forum, game related...just not really in a way i can understand

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cas/1038890291.html

just want to say that sorry if its not allowed,and im not responsiable for any people going and meeting this person

but on a lighter note...this is the funniest craigslist offer ive ever saw

btw if its not allowed please tell me and ill be glad to remove this post or mods please feel free to

[quote name='mblvshj']i saw this on a diffrent forum, game related...just not really in a way i can understand

just want to say that sorry if its not allowed,and im not responsiable for any people going and meeting this person

btw if its not allowed please tell me and ill be glad to remove this post or mods please feel free to[/quote]

LOL, it's allowed, and we posted it about a hundred pages back. It's in craigslist's best of, and deservedly so...

I never check out Craigslist besides the electronics and games/toys sections. That above ad was posted on my birthday after I moved to Indianapolis this year. Creepy.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1044995957.html

I have an xbox360 it has a full warranty and it comes with gears of war and all the cords including 1 wireless controller it has a 60gb hard drive please text me if you are interested please do not call I will not answer the way I will answer is if you e-mail me first and we discuss a time to talk over the phone otherwise I will not answer please feel free to e-mail me also as I am always checking my e-mail whenever possible the price is negotiable
I must sell this fast!!!!

He talks all about text him but don't call (and goes on about it at length) but forgets phone number.

[quote name='mblvshj']i saw this on a diffrent forum, game related...just not really in a way i can understand

btw if its not allowed please tell me and ill be glad to remove this post or mods please feel free to[/quote]

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, it's allowed, and we posted it about a hundred pages back. It's in craigslist's best of, and deservedly so...[/quote]

LMAO. I missed the other post for this one. That may be one of the best I have seen. Just in case it wasn't copied and for those that don't care to click links:

email this posting to a friend indianapolis craigslist > casual encounters
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Please report suspected exploitation of minors to the appropriate authorities
Want it from behind while you play Super Mario Brothers ? - m4w - 29 (indy)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-17, 4:47PM EST

Do you love to play Super Mario Brothers on the Classic Nintendo System? Do you like to get tagged from behind while you do it? This is the post for you then.

You must know your way around the game before we meet, must be open to anal sex, also able to fake an orgasm is a plus.

I will send you the address to a hotel and a room number. When you arrive the door will be open. Please come in close and lock the door and close the shades if they are still open. I will be in the bathroom and the door will be closed. Turn on the TV and the Nintendo. Remove all of your clothing. Turn off all lights in the room and kneel down on the bed so you are directly in the light of the TV. You need to be facing the TV with your butt in the air pointed toward the pillows on the bed.

Press the start button on the controller when you are ready. I will hear the sound and turn the light off in the bathroom and come out. You will not look directly at me, only look at the TV. When the first level starts I will begin to finger you and lick you. I will be using lots of lube as well.

When you reach the end of level one, make sure to trigger the fireworks. This is vital to the entire experience. I must hear the fireworks. When level 2 begins and Mario walks into the pipe, I will penetrate you. You may say things like, "MORE", "HARDER", "YES", "fuck ME", but nothing else. I will continue having sex until the level ends. DO NOT take the secret level skip. If you die I will pull out and spank you until the level restarts.

When you reach the flag you must again trigger the fireworks, and also orgasm. I will pull out. When the 1-3 starts I will penetrate your ass. You are allowed to say something like "OH GOD", "YES", OR "IT HURTS" no other conversation is allowed.

When level 1-4 starts I will alternate between holes as I see fit. You may beg me to cum inside or outside of you, depending on what you want. When boss falls and you reach the princess I will pull out and blow my load where you have convinced me I want too. You may then say something like "Thanks", "It was great", "I loved it", "Don't stop"

If I am impressed you may continue playing and I will continue to pleasure you. If I am not, I will turn the Nintendo Off and return to the bathroom. At this time you may clean your self with the towel that is beside the bed. Turn the lights on, redress yourself and leave.

I may come back out and talk to you as you dress but the conversation will most likely be short and revolve around scheduling another time to get together.

PostingID: 1038890291

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

[quote name='rmb']LMAO. I missed the other post for this one. That may be one of the best I have seen. Just in case it wasn't copied and for those that don't care to click links:

email this posting to a friend indianapolis craigslist > casual encounters
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Please report suspected exploitation of minors to the appropriate authorities
Want it from behind while you play Super Mario Brothers ? - m4w - 29 (indy)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-17, 4:47PM EST

Do you love to play Super Mario Brothers on the Classic Nintendo System? Do you like to get tagged from behind while you do it? This is the post for you then.

You must know your way around the game before we meet, must be open to anal sex, also able to fake an orgasm is a plus.

I will send you the address to a hotel and a room number. When you arrive the door will be open. Please come in close and lock the door and close the shades if they are still open. I will be in the bathroom and the door will be closed. Turn on the TV and the Nintendo. Remove all of your clothing. Turn off all lights in the room and kneel down on the bed so you are directly in the light of the TV. You need to be facing the TV with your butt in the air pointed toward the pillows on the bed.

Press the start button on the controller when you are ready. I will hear the sound and turn the light off in the bathroom and come out. You will not look directly at me, only look at the TV. When the first level starts I will begin to finger you and lick you. I will be using lots of lube as well.

When you reach the end of level one, make sure to trigger the fireworks. This is vital to the entire experience. I must hear the fireworks. When level 2 begins and Mario walks into the pipe, I will penetrate you. You may say things like, "MORE", "HARDER", "YES", "fuck ME", but nothing else. I will continue having sex until the level ends. DO NOT take the secret level skip. If you die I will pull out and spank you until the level restarts.

When you reach the flag you must again trigger the fireworks, and also orgasm. I will pull out. When the 1-3 starts I will penetrate your ass. You are allowed to say something like "OH GOD", "YES", OR "IT HURTS" no other conversation is allowed.

When level 1-4 starts I will alternate between holes as I see fit. You may beg me to cum inside or outside of you, depending on what you want. When boss falls and you reach the princess I will pull out and blow my load where you have convinced me I want too. You may then say something like "Thanks", "It was great", "I loved it", "Don't stop"

If I am impressed you may continue playing and I will continue to pleasure you. If I am not, I will turn the Nintendo Off and return to the bathroom. At this time you may clean your self with the towel that is beside the bed. Turn the lights on, redress yourself and leave.

I may come back out and talk to you as you dress but the conversation will most likely be short and revolve around scheduling another time to get together.

PostingID: 1038890291

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum[/quote]

Geez, why can't I get quality offers like this in Japan?

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/1044954204.html

LMAO[/quote]

BAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Here, in case it gets flagged:

really cheap 16gig ipod nano new gen black READ MORE - $20 (northshore)

Date: 2009-02-21, 9:12PM EST

Pretty new 16gig black new gen nano with head phones for sale really cheap
20 dollars
Only thing is my dog did a little number 2 on it and I'm too grossed out. Let me know if you're interested. This is not a joke.

Dude, if that were in LA, I'd jump on it and resell it (obviously for a lot more money and without sharing that little bit of information about puppy's poopoo...

For a while now, I've been looking for Final Fantasy VII, complete in decent used condition. I found a guy on craigslist selling a PS1 with several games, one of them being FFVII, so I called him up. After two attempted calls, he finally woke up. This was at 11:45 a.m.

Him: hhhee..hello?
Me: Hi, I'm calling regarding your craiglist offer.
Him: hwoyou?
Me: Excuse me?
Him: HOW ARE YOU?
Me: Uh, good. I read that you have Final Fantasy VII with your PS1.
Him (finally awake): Yeah, what about it?
Me: I'm interested in buying that game by itself.
Him: Just the game?
Me: Yeah.
Him: Which game?
Me: Final Fantasy VII.
Him: Oh. Okay. How much will you give me for it?
Me: Well that depends; does it have all 3 discs?
Him: What do you mean?
Me: This game is fairly large, so it runs across 3 discs. Does it have all 3?
Him: Uh, I don't know. Which game?
Me: Thanks, bye.

-____-

^I would've stayed on the phone with him. It's a damn FFVII.

And yeah, thinking of posting the gamestop with the bitchy manager by my house on said social board. :D

[quote name='ZasKuLL']For a while now, I've been looking for Final Fantasy VII, complete in decent used condition. I found a guy on craigslist selling a PS1 with several games, one of them being FFVII, so I called him up. After two attempted calls, he finally woke up. This was at 11:45 a.m.
[/QUOTE]

For FFVII, unless the whole lot is ridiculously overpriced, I would just buy the lot and take the hit - considering "going value" on craigs, you probably could have traded the rest in and not lost much, or, if you wanted to hit eBay, walked away with FFVII and broken even or made a profit.

Here we go with a famous "my old stuff for your new stuff..." And as a bonus, they want you to throw in some newer games to complete the trade. I was waiting, but they never mentioned adding dollars to make the deal equal.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/1045929533.html

looking to trade (lasvegas)

hey all i am looking to trade my game cube for a nintendo ds and somegames to go with it ....... I would like the ds to be in excellent condition one that i can play for a few months or year either way . the games i love are mario kart, brain age, build a bear, imagine creative games, and things that are almost new. i have the gmecube it has one controler , a game boy hook up , memory card, and all the wires and hookups ..... i have 1 game for it its call pokemon xd gale of the darkness ..... the gc is in excellent condition works excellent. but yeah like i said i would like a ds i dont give a crap what the hell color it is just as long as its not scratched up and it come with a stylus.. please hit me up on my email [email protected]

Of course, fuck

:censored:

I HATE overposting. If you have 5 games to sell, just put them in one list.

Now - 5 is one thing, and unnerves me. SOME JERK IN MY AREA listed something like 30+games in individual listings.

Link below (if they don't get flagged off) - if it says "Gates Chili", it's the same damned person.

fucking clutter.

rochester.craigslist.org/tag/

[quote name='pfp']:censored:

I HATE overposting. If you have 5 games to sell, just put them in one list.

Now - 5 is one thing, and unnerves me. SOME JERK IN MY AREA listed something like 30+games in individual listings.

Link below (if they don't get flagged off) - if it says "Gates Chili", it's the same damned person.

fucking clutter.

rochester.craigslist.org/tag/[/QUOTE]

I'm from Rochester too and I've seen that same problem many times on Craigslist.

How many flags does it take to get removed? That guy is going to be pissed when it opens his e-mail and has 30 messages saying his listings were removed.

http://amarillo.craigslist.org/sys/1010286852.html

3g iphone unlocked - $175

"I got a 16gb iphone 3g unlocked. I got it a couple weeks ago from http://i-phonejunk.com/. The phone is in a 9/10 condition. Im in a crunch for money so get back to me asap via email for contact info. Dont like to release contact info bc of identity theft. "

Hmm what? Doesn't like to release contact info because of identity theft? What am I gonna do with his name and address lol. Methinks he just wants to steal my money.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']How many flags does it take to get removed? That guy is going to be pissed when it opens his e-mail and has 30 messages saying his listings were removed.[/QUOTE]

God damn, I've accidentally moved off the screen TWICE after typing this message and lost it.

First - the "official" response from craigslist about number of flags was something like "between 2 and 10,000" - they just won't say, but DEFINITELY more than one and factors include "what category" (erotic service has a low flag threshold b/c prone to draw illegal activity) and "how often have you had items flagged off before" (if you get flagged alot, you're doing something wrong.

This guy DESERVES a flooded e-mail box - you should have seen my RSS READER - I'm just returning the favor :p 2 doesn't bother me - three irritates me - 5 or more makes me grit my teeth, and this just makes me want to smack someone.

I even sent him a nice e-mail saying "if you put it all in a list, I'll give you a quote for the lot!" - haven't heard back from him all day :p

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']http://amarillo.craigslist.org/sys/1010286852.html

3g iphone unlocked - $175

"I got a 16gb iphone 3g unlocked. I got it a couple weeks ago from http://i-phonejunk.com/. The phone is in a 9/10 condition. Im in a crunch for money so get back to me asap via email for contact info. Dont like to release contact info bc of identity theft. "

Hmm what? Doesn't like to release contact info because of identity theft? What am I gonna do with his name and address lol. Methinks he just wants to steal my money.[/quote]

dude must be trying to pass off a lemon

either it's stolen or there's something wrong with it

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tag/1046337501.html

Up for sale is my used for one week, Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Arcade Fight Stick for the Xbox 360. Comes with receipt for warranty purposes. Everything works flawlessly. I gotta say this is the best arcade stick ever made, feels so great when playing this game with this joystick. Exact arcade replica. Comes built with Japanese Sanwa buttons and Joystick, cable storage compartment, turbo settings, lock and unlock feature of joystick. Nothing but the best parts came together to build this beast of a stick.

I'm willing to let it go for 500. Willing to ship as well. Paypal or cash accepted. Get it now!

This stick is sold out nationwide and is a must for playing competitive SF4.

If it was unopened I'm sure he would be asking at least $750!

Update....

What I wrote is on the bottom... her/his/it's reply is at the top... maybe this person is just stuck on stupid...

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]wats your ds look like and what games have for it??

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif] From: CL-Insanity
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:31:34 PM
Subject: looking to trade (lasvegas)

So, you want to trade an old system worth about $40-50 for a new system worth $120 with some $20-30 games thrown in....$ Uh, sure!!! fuck
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Update to the update.... same style... "my old stuff for your new stuff" .. She put up a new ad and now is willing to trade her sidekick 08 for your g1... but your g1 better be in pristine condition with "wtfe" came in the box with it....fuck

Only 3 months old.. rarely Played, silver. Package includes PSP:
-2 gig memory stick -2 Gig memory stck -home and car charger -2way head set splitter
-travle case -head phones(RCA) - System protecter

GAMES(7)
-Daxter -Grand Theft Auto(vice city) -Frogger(Helmet chaos) -Family Guy video game -Crash of the Titains
-Twisted Metal -Ratchet & Clink

MOVIES(2)
-Click -Family Guy(The Freaking Sweet Collection)

*Great Deal, every thing is like new*

for the low low price of $600

[quote name='karkyco']Can someone please call that fucking dumbass and set her straight? She says she paid $289 for Guitar Hero World Tour, yeah okay. Actually, it's no doubt some braindead soccer mom, so she may very well have.[/QUOTE]

Someone (probably here) e-mailed her and she did the right thing - here's what I found when I clicked:

Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2 - $160

AFTER HAVING SOME EMAILS ABOUT MY PRICING I DUG UP MY RECEIPT AND I PAID 189 NOT 289 FOR THIS ITEM. I APOLOGIZE AND I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE DECEITFUL. This is for a like new Guitar Hero World Tour for the ps2 . This was purchase on December 24, 2008 for my son. He has played it maybe 5 times and decided that he doesnt like it that it is too hard for him.... my loss can be your gain. this comes with the guitar, drum set and drum sticks, microphone, guitar stand and the actually game.. I paid 189.00 plus tax from walmart so this is your chance to save some money on this system. Please call

And my contribution for the day - I would NOT want to be this guy:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1047736353.html

come with one game (meet the robinsons) need to sell ASAP call me anytime dont care need some change Junior 585-XXX-XXXX my lost is ur gain

His phone's gonna be ringing probably once every three minutes until that ads down.

AND his name's Junior :rofl:

I emailed her about it, and unlike the guy who was on craigslist asking for Uncharted for the 360, she was friendly about it... the other guy was a douche

have a silver play station 2 with a madcatz lcd screen. i also have several games.
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
GTA vice city
TNA impact
Madden 2004
spongebob:atlantis squarepantis
Resident Evil 4
Jak 2
Guitar Hero World Tour with wireless guitar.

$500 or best offer...

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']$400 for a WOW account

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/tag/1047594055.html[/QUOTE]

I'll see your $400 for a WoW account and raise you $400.

WoW account for sale- 80 priest/ 80 warrior - $800

I don't play WoW, so this doesn't mean much to me - here's the text:

Selling ACCOUNT (Horde, PvP server) with a DECKED 80 blood elf holy priest- full epix- 10man naxx/ heroic naxx or better (no crappy epix from 5-mans). ~2100 spell unbuffed. The priest also has a shadow off set. all epics except has the blue 80 spell hit trinket from violet hold, and the blue spell hit jewelcrafting trinket. Does about 2900 dps in raids. (with my crap skills lol. healing ftw).

Account also includes a lvl 80 prot warrior. He is defense capped (544) with 24k hp unbuffed. Has some 80 epics, some naxx stuff, not fully geared yet. Easily tanks 10 and 25 man naxx.

You guys seem to post a lot of WoW accounts on here as if it is stupid.

Here's the reality of the situation:

My room mate last year sold his Level 70 WoW account for $600.00 on craigslist and it sold within minutes of being posted.

This kind of stuff is stupid to us, but to WoW players, it is normal. I think we should stop posting these in the stupidity thread, as it really isn't stupid.

Regardless of the in-game mechanics or how it is seen to the players, to everyone else, it's stupidity.

Technically speaking, all those items are free (well, there's a subscription fee but thats to play, not for items) so anyone who pays for something that is free, especially exhorbitant prices, is stupid.

And yes, I realize that water is free, and many many people buy bottled water, but water is also essential to living while, despite what some may say, World of Warcraft is not.

They aren't free and it is illegal to sell them. According to Blizzard, they own everything on their servers. They are only leasing your character to you and only you.

bread's done
Back