YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

Zantra

Banned
People are finding Xbox One and PS4 games mixed in with the DVDs and Blu Rays that people usually find. Somebody found a Scribblenauts game for Xbox One, and the PS4 and Xbox One version of that newer Lord of the Rings game. This is insane!!!

Well I’ve been to 5 Dollar Tree and at all five the employees didn’t know what I was talking about. They just kept telling me they only have movies. I did pick up 2 blu rays.

I saw shadow of mordor for xbox, but passed since I dont have a xbone. I did pick up 3 blurays though: the good, bad, and ugly
Robocop
District d13u

I had to go to Dollar Tree for batteries for work today. Hadn't planned on going for the games because I expected them to be picked over, and I was right.

They DID have a single copy of Scribblenauts for Xbox One, though, so i snagged it.

anyone have any luck today getting any games???
I found a copy of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War for Xbox One after work this afternoon. It looked like someone had already gotten to the shipment because that was the only game left in the entire section.

Then, I bought more Blu-rays and DVDs than I could possibly watch in a week's time.

Aaah! Real Monsters: Season 1 - DVD

Appleseed @ Alpha - DVD

Are You Being Served Vol. 5 (it's possibly the greatest Brit-com of all time!) - DVD

Batman: Bad Blood - DVD

Batman: Mechs vs Mutants - DVD

Batman: The Killing Joke - DVD

Batman: Tales of the Dark Knight (it's four Batman: The Animated Series cartoons) - DVD

Battlestar Galactica: Razor/Battlestar Galactica: The Plan - Blu-ray

Exo-Squad: Season 1 - DVD

Stargate Atlantis: Fan's Choice - Blu-ray

That 70's Show: Season 3 - DVD

The Legend of Zelda: Havoc in Hyrule (it's the old DIC-produced Zelda cartoon, "Excuse me, princess!") - DVD

I love how I go into a dollar store to buy one game for a buck and end up buying a bunch of movies and TV seasons. Still a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, the only thing on that list I saw was That 70's Show.

The only game I found at two stores so far is Scribblenauts Showdown (X1). I don't have an X1, but I got it to flip. I'll start again tomorrow and hopefully there's still something left in other stores.

Damn, the only thing on that list I saw was That 70's Show.

The only game I found at two stores so far is Scribblenauts Showdown (X1). I don't have an X1, but I got it to flip. I'll start again tomorrow and hopefully there's still something left in other stores.
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and Scribblenauts Showdown are both only worth a penny if they're heading to GameStop. :bs:

Three locations today and not a single game, even opened up 4 boxes labeled movies but it was all just garbage DVDs no one wants

I stopped by a DollarTree today and found a Shadow of War for PS4 and got 3 Blu rays: Good bad & Ugly, Nocturnal Animals and Hobo with a shotgun. 

Where was this advertised? I didnt see it in any ad.
I have a friend who works at Dollar Tree as a manager, and he told me that they were getting the games in last week, he said that they might be in the ad, but any stores that had them would be advertising them either with a sign in the window, or with a sign in the store. He didn't know if it was going to be the standard DVD and Blu Rays sign that they always use, or if it was going to be a sign that also advertised the video games. But it sounds like a lot of people are finding the games, and that makes me glad that my friend wasn't lying to me. Because, I always want my threads on here to be based on facts.

I really wish that I wasn't sick with Covid 19, because I live ten miles outside of Sacramento, California and they have 20 Dollar Trees in a ten mile radius. I'm sure that I would have been able to find all of the games, and probably the ships from Starlink, also.

Your friend that works there. A big thank you!! I was able to find some today. Thanks to you and your friend for this info!!

I really wish that I wasn't sick with Covid 19, because I live ten miles outside of Sacramento, California and they have 20 Dollar Trees in a ten mile radius. I'm sure that I would have been able to find all of the games, and probably the ships from Starlink, also.
Get well!

I’ve stopped in a couple of $Trees this week for other reasons. While there, I Checked the stores and found nothing but dvds of movies I’ve never hard of.

That’s how it goes.

Well I’ve been to 5 Dollar Tree and at all five the employees didn’t know what I was talking about. They just kept telling me they only have movies. I did pick up 2 blu rays.
I went to 8 dollartree stores this week, incorporating the stops during normal travel, getting much the same response, and I was NOT asking about games, only blue rays, with very little luck, I was directed to the automotive isle, where there were just some old/unknown dvd/blueray sitting on the bottom shelf. Finally today, I did another run, going out of my way to hit all of them, I found the shadow games for xb1/p4 at 2 stores, right in the front, no real sign other than WOW item, most of the stuff had been picked hard by the time I got there, but at least I found a few games. IMO many of the stores put them out early, or didnt get them, and I wonder how people were actually able to get any of these.

Stopped by a brand new dollar tree in my area today and found both platforms of that Shadow of War game.

I'd like to recommend the longhorn steakhouse seasoning if you happen to stroll down the spice aisle. It's quite good.

Here's what i found:

SOM ps4 - anyone seen this for xbox one?

SOW xbox one

Dancing with himself Billy Idol book

The judge blu ray

The amazing spiderman 2 3d blu ray/blu ray/digital copy. (The back of box says remastered in 4k???)

A.D. the bible continues?

There was some unknown Kung fu type movies and a movie called Hobo with a shotgun? Anyone seen the movie? Like of unknown dvd and blu ray. Any movie or tv season fans recommend any? Please post what u see. Look movies tv shows.

this is what I remember

Shadow of War PS4/xb1
shadow of Mordor on PS4/xb1
30 for 30 season 2 vol 1 dvd
Tim and Eric’s Movie
Amazing Spiderman 2 on bluray
Almighty Johnson’s
Robocop
Monster High
Superhero Girls
Stargate Atlantis- Blu-ray
That 70's Show: Season 3 - DVD

I dont know if this is helpful, my buddy thinks some of the dud stores could simply be behind on stocking shelves, due to staff shortages(people not coming to work and not wanting to work when there), he has convinced me to take another run this weekend, and see if anything thats sitting in the back makes it way out to the floor.

I got to a few stores early.  Only a single copy of a PS4 game (one of the LOTR "Shadow of..." games, not sure which) between the two stores and the remainder were 1-2 each of Xbox One NHL, Scribblenauts and Lord of the Rings games.

On the movie front, quite a bit of the titles seemed to be from Magnet Releasing who tends to release a lot of indie genre stuff.  I've noticed their films tend to show up often in these Dollar Tree bins in the past during sales like this.  

Both stores had 2 packs of AA and AAA Energizer Max batteries with some good expiration dates (2029) for the dollar each, though.

Stopped by 3 stores, only 1 had game.  Like everyone else:

picked up

2x Shadow of war xbox1

2x Scribblenauts Showdown xbox1

1x shadow of war ps4

also picked up

70's show season 4 DVD

Taylor Swift Fearless live Blu for my niece

Does dollar tree get game regularly or is it just this one time?

Game-wise, I pretty much struck out. Across six stores, I only found one copy of Scribblenauts Showdown for X1.

As for movies, I got

All Between Us
American Pie: The Book of Love
Bachelor Party
Bad Santa 2
Batman Bad Blood
Batman: Killing Joke
Batman/Superman double feature (Public Enemies/Apocalypse)
The Belko Experiment
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure season 1 (!)
Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
My Name is Earl season 4
Search Party
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

I've been shopping there for many years and never seen video games there before.

I found only nhl 17. Didnt even bother. A lady nearby told me that someone went around all local dollar trees and scooped all the good games to re-sell.

However, like the above post, I got jojo season 1 (incredibly random, but I'll take it). Also got two dc movies with vudu codes which said they expired, but didnt! I'll take a win, wherever I can.

Stopped by 3 stores, only 1 had game. Like everyone else:

picked up
2x Shadow of war xbox1
2x Scribblenauts Showdown xbox1
1x shadow of war ps4

also picked up
70's show season 4 DVD
Taylor Swift Fearless live Blu for my niece

A long time ago, they had PC games sometimes, and they had original Xbox games. I even got the Burger King games from a local Dollar Tree for Xbox/Xbox 360. But, it has been many years since this has actually happened.

I'm thinking that the games showing up at Dollar Tree is just Warner Bros dumping their extra stock.  I often find DC Comics-themed DVDs there, so that's probably how the Middle-Earth and Scribblenauts games made it in there.

I'm thinking that the games showing up at Dollar Tree is just Warner Bros dumping their extra stock. I often find DC Comics-themed DVDs there, so that's probably how the Middle-Earth and Scribblenauts games made it in there.
Hmm, since the next gen consoles and HBO max (dc content) coming out, may be they decided to liqudate their warehouses?

Who knows. But, some people have found more of their recent stuff on DVD at the stores. Like movies from 2019.

Since everything is going digital and that stuff is apparently being edited out in the streams, I went back to that 1 good dollar tree and bought:

Blu

TMNT 3 turtles in time

run all night

entourage movie

secret life of walter mitty

burt wonerstone

the gallows

dvd

exo squad season 1

stan lee and kevin smith save the world

national geographic something 5 wars documentary

Who knows. But, some people have found more of their recent stuff on DVD at the stores. Like movies from 2019.
Yeah, I saw alot of the more recent dc animated batman and superman movies on dvd but ive already seen them and can get those in better quality and decided not to pick those up

A long time ago, they had PC games sometimes, and they had original Xbox games. I even got the Burger King games from a local Dollar Tree for Xbox/Xbox 360. But, it has been many years since this has actually happened.
After the whole UMD thing kind of failed, they got in tons of UMD movies, too. I bought like a dozen movies for my PSP. And yeah, they had some PC games, especially a lot of PopCap stuff at one point. But as has been said, it tends to probably be mostly overstock and obsolete stuff publishers are trying to dump, etc.

My mom was nice enough to go to both of our local stores today and look for me, and while she didn't find any games, she did find a bunch of cool animated movies and horror films on DVD and Blu Ray.

My friend who is the manager wasn't working today, or she would have asked him if they were getting them in or not. My mom said that the first store was practically wiped out of everything, and the second store had tons. So, I think the first store may have had them. My friend works at the second store though, so I am hopeful.

Went on a trip to 7 different stores today. My local store still had nothing and most stores had maybe a couple of stacks of picked over movies. But the third times the charm apparently, they had a bunch of full boxes sitting there all stacked up in the electronics isle. For games I only found XB1 SoM, but I got a ton of movies & tv series( most on blu-ray ). :D

My tastes are a little obscure, but here is what my mom picked up for me, based on what I like:

Blu Rays:
The Belko Experiment (A great horror film)

Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart (also comes with a DVD and digital copy)

Fascination Coral Reef 3D (A 3D Blu Ray that plays in my PS4 Pro, but not my Xbox One X for some odd reason, it also comes with a standard Blu Ray of the film)

Earthquake (A Charlton Heston disaster movie from the 1970s, the film San Andreas was a loosely based remake starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, that I did background work in)

Carrie (The remake from a few years ago, also includes a DVD and digital copy)

DVDs:
The Smurfs Season One, Volume One (The first 19 episodes of the show from the 1980s)

Due South The Complete Series (I vaguely remember this show from my childhood, it contains all 67 episodes from all three seasons)

The Lucy Show The Official First Season (A remastered version of The Lucy Show with tons of special features, it contains all 30 episodes of the first season)

Hello Kitty Triple Feature (Contains Hello Kitty goes to the movies, Hello Kitty saves the day, and Hello Kitty plays pretend, which seem to be 55 minute long films)

Tom and Jerry Around the World (Contains 22 cartoon adventures of Tom and Jerry, and I haven't watched it yet, but I assume that these are edited versions to take out any objectionable content)

Batman Unlimited Mechs Vs. Mutants Original Movie (Batman villains are turned into Kaiju, so Batman builds a Megazord to fight them)

Batman Assault on Arkham (Batman Vs. The Suicide Squad, basically)

Space Dogs Adventure to the Moon (One of those cheap looking foreign 3D animated films that they get B-List actors to voice, this one has Alicia Silverstone and Ashlee Simpson)

Tom and Jerry Back to Oz (An animated sequel to the original Wizard of Oz film from the 1930s starring Tom and Jerry)

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis/Katsuhiro Otomo presents Memories Double Feature (Two great Anime films)

Monster High Frights, Camera, Action! (Blatant marketing of dolls for children pretending to be a movie)

Terror Beneath the Sea (A classic Japanese horror film starring legendary actor Sonny Chiba)

Game-wise, I pretty much struck out. Across six stores, I only found one copy of Scribblenauts Showdown for X1.

As for movies, I got

All Between Us
American Pie: The Book of Love
Bachelor Party
Bad Santa 2
Batman Bad Blood
Batman: Killing Joke
Batman/Superman double feature (Public Enemies/Apocalypse)
The Belko Experiment
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure season 1 (!)
Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
My Name is Earl season 4
Search Party
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

I've been shopping there for many years and never seen video games there before.
Like Jojo on bluray? I wish I came across that, my store mostly had TMNT,Spider-Man, and a few random horror movies.

Checked a few stores yesterday for the hell of it since I was out of town. Just scraps and DVDs left. OP who stated the movies being put out on 6/12 was unfortunately wrong. Everything was out already prior, the week before even. Unless you were there when they opened the box, you weren't getting any PS4 games.

"Seems" At&T is in debt and looking to sell wb stuff and trim the fat ,they may have  actually dumped their warehouses to discount distributers. 

Anyone know if Dollartree has a parent company or others stores under a different name to distribute media too?

My tastes are a little obscure, but here is what my mom picked up for me, based on what I like:

Due South The Complete Series (I vaguely remember this show from my childhood, it contains all 67 episodes from all three seasons)
Jelly, i actually have to watch that on youtube and sound goes in and out

"Seems" At&T is in debt and looking to sell wb stuff and trim the fat ,they may have actually dumped their warehouses to discount distributers.

Anyone know if Dollartree has a parent company or others stores under a different name to distribute media too?
Dollar Tree also owns Family Dollar, but I think that Dollar Tree is the parent company.

Checked a few stores yesterday for the hell of it since I was out of town. Just scraps and DVDs left. OP who stated the movies being put out on 6/12 was unfortunately wrong. Everything was out already prior, the week before even. Unless you were there when they opened the box, you weren't getting any PS4 games.
I was not wrong. If you look at my posts, some stores accidentally put out their stock early, but most stores put the stock out two days ago. That's why people who went a few days ago and found nothing are now finding games in their stores. I also put YMMV when I first made the thread, just in case some stores didn't have them. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding them, but if you look at this thread, the majority of the people who have looked have found them

I was not wrong. If you look at my posts, some stores accidentally put out their stock early, but most stores put the stock out two days ago. That's why people who went a few days ago and found nothing are now finding games in their stores. I also put YMMV when I first made the thread, just in case some stores didn't have them. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding them, but if you look at this thread, the majority of the people who have looked have found them

I wouldn't say accidentally really. I have five stores within fives miles. ALL of them had them out last week on different days. Then this past weekend I traveled out of my local area, calling five stores and stopping by two. Every single store already had the movies out the week prior. Nothing was left besides scraps as of this past Friday 6/12 at any store within 50 miles of my home.

I will say thank you very much for the heads up. It seems this time around the PS4 games were 2 per store max and some stores claimed their shipment never even had games in them.

I wouldn't say accidentally really. I have five stores within fives miles. ALL of them had them out last week on different days. Then this past weekend I traveled out of my local area, calling five stores and stopping by two. Every single store already had the movies out the week prior. Nothing was left besides scraps as of this past Friday 6/12 at any store within 50 miles of my home.

I will say thank you very much for the heads up. It seems this time around the PS4 games were 2 per store max and some stores claimed their shipment never even had games in them.
3 of the stores I went to did put out the movies on Friday they just didn’t have games.

bread's done
Back