YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

Zantra

Banned
People are finding Xbox One and PS4 games mixed in with the DVDs and Blu Rays that people usually find. Somebody found a Scribblenauts game for Xbox One, and the PS4 and Xbox One version of that newer Lord of the Rings game. This is insane!!!

No PS4 or Xbox games in my area, but I've been racking up on the Blu-Rays and DVDs lately at Dollar Tree.

Friends: The Top Five Episodes of Season 1 (DVD)

Her (Blu-Ray)

Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-Ray)

Just Shoot Me - Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)

Supercon (DVD)

The Office: The Complete Second Series (DVD) 

The Rockford Files - Season 1 (DVD)

I have no interest in playing old Madden, and I already own Titanfall 2.  But I will continue the hunt because I enjoy it...and can afford it.

Didn't find nothing again. I get it that someone else might have cleaned out the stores in my area and/or they haven't been put out yet, but dang. 

Not even a hint of hope like finding titles I already own and/or sports video games.

I might cave and just buy the mentioned PS4/XB1 titles at Gamestop that I don't own. 

Sure seems like this is a regional deal.  It wouldn't surprise me that's how Dollar Trees operate when it comes to these specialty items.

The local Dollar Tree happened to be putting out their July movie assortment when I stopped there today. One copy each of Madden 1? and Titanfall 2 for xbone... no other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
5/5 of the stores local to me already put everything out last week and over the weekend. Don't wait until this weekend. Zero PS4 games at all stores I visited. Only xbox Madden 16/17 and Titanfall 2.
Could always call and ask the store if they put out the movies/games.

Stores near me havent put anything out yet

Could always call and ask the store if they put out the movies/games.

Stores near me havent put anything out yet
I generally do. The 5 stores near me are all under 5 miles in any direction and usually on my daily routes.

As far as asking employees... good luck. From my experience DT employees are 1,000% worse than walmart employees. I've asked DT employees if they have movies out and was told no, when I'm looking right at a table of movies in the store. Other times I've asked if they had games mixed with the movies from last months shipment, was told "no we don't get games here". I drove by and went into that same store 10 minutes later, sure enough I found games and movies on the front 'item of the week' table.

Are old maddens even worth a dollar?  Not a joke question, really interested if I can actually trade it on craigslist for actual games I want

Some people enjoy sports games, even the old ones. I also think the farther back that you go, the less microtransactions that those kinds of games contain.

Still nothing at two stores I checked today. But one of them had a bunch of unopened boxes in the aisles, so they may have just been slow getting things out.

Thanks for all the updates guys and gals. I'm guessing that video games might become a permanent thing at the Dollar Tree as they change over more Family Dollar locations to Dollar Trees. I recently read an article that Family Dollar stores are losing them money, while the Dollar Tree stores are making them money. So, they are converting more Family Dollar stores into Dollar Trees in the near future. I imagine that these games are probably the same games that they were getting for their Family Dollar locations.

Really, it had no game in it? That adds some credibility to the rumor that these are from Family Dollar. Since those are all "pre-owned" games. Well, I hope that you are able to get your dollar back, that sucks. I also hope that somebody didn't steal the disc out of it.

He did buy a game for a dollar so there should be a disc inside, but I don't know if I would return it to get a dollar back. Think of it as a replacement case. I have bought replacement cases for various systems for a dollar each in the past. But yeah, there damn well should be a disc in it. Damn thieves!

This round seems to only be xbox Madden '16, Madden '17, and Titanfall 2. No PS4 games.

On that note, does anyone have a copy of PS4 Shadow of Mordor to trade from the last round?

This round seems to only be xbox Madden '16, Madden '17, and Titanfall 2. No PS4 games.

On that note, does anyone have a copy of PS4 Shadow of Mordor to trade from the last round?
PM sent.

From what I can tell, if you didn't get the games as soon as the shipment is put out on the floor, you probably will be out of luck. I happened to go into the stores on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, and that's when I found the few copies that I saw in the last batch. I went out again this morning, but I didn't see Madden or Titanfall 2. Mainly, I've been after the DC animated movies and the TV seasons on DVD.

I am calling this an urban legend. No $tree near me has had anything but garbage tier movies.
Go around November, you may have more luck

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=17072674&postcount=12672

Just found this thread over @ blu rays and that seems to be the most wonderful time of the year @ dollar tree, last year at least. With new consoles coming out and physical media taking a hit, the next few years @ dollar tree might be great places for old gen and blu rays.

From me going over that thread, it would seem dollar tree buys walmarts old inventory when walmart refreshes their media stock for the latest movies to sell for higher prices

Pennies, probably. Retailers are purging old physical media inventory, deciding they'll never be able to sell it.
I bought the first season of the Beware the Batman animated series at Dollar Tree, and it put me to sleep yesterday when I tried to watch it. Great sleep aid for $1. :applause:

From me going over that thread, it would seem dollar tree buys walmarts old inventory when walmart refreshes their media stock for the latest movies to sell for higher prices
I try to check my local dollar tree each week now to see what they have. This past week they had new stuff out and almost all of the dvds/blurays had walmart and kmart price stickers on them lol.

Well, a lot of KMART stores recently closed, so that would explain the DVDs, but KMART stopped selling games back in the Wii era.

I try to check my local dollar tree each week now to see what they have. This past week they had new stuff out and almost all of the dvds/blurays had walmart and kmart price stickers on them lol.
FYI, Dollar Trees don't typically restock their movies that frequently. It's only very recently that they've replenished stock monthly. I would think with supply chains being stifled with Covid-19 that they'll go back to less frequent restocks soon.

FYI, Dollar Trees don't typically restock their movies that frequently. It's only very recently that they've replenished stock monthly. I would think with supply chains being stifled with Covid-19 that they'll go back to less frequent restocks soon.
Newer stores (mostly the kind switched over from being Family Dollars) seem to get new DVDs every week. Older stores seem to only get them once a month at max.

I found shadow of war for 5 bucks at Walmart. Figured I would never ever find it for a buck at dollar tree.

I'll keep searching for scribblenauts, but outlook is grim.

If anyone finds the BLU ray and only bluray version of Meg-A-Shark 8 movie collection LMK as I'm looking for that, even an opened used version

I saw some of these game titles at Family Dollar... I guess $1 was too cheap. FIFA 2017 for Xbox was $8, Star Fox (the "free" one) for WiiU being sold separately for $5, and Elder Scrolls for PS4 was $5.

Yeah.  Family Dollar has actually had cheap game cardboard displays for years now.  Some people have occasionally found decent stuff, but usually priced $5-13.

Dollar Tree and Family Dollar are the same company, so I assume that these games and DVDs at Dollar Tree are probably overstock from all of the Family Dollar stores that they are closing and converting into Dollar Trees. Apparently the Family Dollar stores have been losing them money for years, but the Dollar Tree stores have always made them money.

People are now finding copies of TitanFall 2 at Dollar Tree. Maybe video games at Dollar Tree is becoming a permanent thing.

titanfall 2 was a great game at 60, good campaign, looks great and runs at 60fps

multiplayer has no microtransactions, plays like sci-fi call of duty, but much more fun

People are now finding copies of TitanFall 2 at Dollar Tree. Maybe video games at Dollar Tree is becoming a permanent thing.
I found Titanfall 2 a few weeks ago. So far its only been a few games though so I wouldn't get my hopes up at a large selection of $1 games.

I found Titanfall 2 a few weeks ago. So far its only been a few games though so I wouldn't get my hopes up at a large selection of $1 games.
Agreed. VGs are not going to be a routine thing. Odds are those games were way overproduced, and bought out through either a liquidation or bankrupt retailer. That the games are AAA or big titles that flopped or way undersold is not surprising.

bread's done
Back