YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

Zantra

Banned
People are finding Xbox One and PS4 games mixed in with the DVDs and Blu Rays that people usually find. Somebody found a Scribblenauts game for Xbox One, and the PS4 and Xbox One version of that newer Lord of the Rings game. This is insane!!!

Well, unfortunately somebody at Slickdeals told everybody about the deal, and a bunch of people are hoarding copies to sell online. So, it doesn't really shock me that stores don't have a bunch, and like others have said, I have also heard that smaller stores may have received only a single copy of each game with their boxes of DVDs.

Well, unfortunately somebody at Slickdeals told everybody about the deal, and a bunch of people are hoarding copies to sell online. So, it doesn't really shock me that stores don't have a bunch, and like others have said, I have also heard that smaller stores may have received only a single copy of each game with their boxes of DVDs.
I wont comment on slickdeals, and have not read anything they are saying over there, but your info was pretty on target, we went for another run and ended up with 7 games from different stores. I dont believe the games were plentiful to begin with, as you wrote, imo the games were just randomly mixed in with the movies. So for example, if each box had 20 items in it maybe two were games. Its clear that the movies/games were supposed to be the WOW item starting friday, at least 3 stores had the section right in front with the area designated for the movies/games, and only 1 had anything substantial left, the others were nearly picked clean, and as I and others have already said, finding these movies/games placed in other parts of the store was incorrect, as they were meant to be the eye catcher wow item people first see when they walk in the door. It was interesting seeing what was out there, and honestly there were 12+ movie titles I would have scooped up if I had seen them, and then the games, thats for sure another 6 items, so someone seeing me do that would probably have something derogatory to say about me buying all that stuff to sell, when in fact, it was all for me, and I can only imagine the average joe doing the same thing at the stores that had placed them in the wow spot, for most people, its a no brainer to buy bluray or current gen games for a dollar each.

I wont comment on slickdeals, and have not read anything they are saying over there, but your info was pretty on target, we went for another run and ended up with 7 games from different stores. I dont believe the games were plentiful to begin with, as you wrote, imo the games were just randomly mixed in with the movies. So for example, if each box had 20 items in it maybe two were games. Its clear that the movies/games were supposed to be the WOW item starting friday, at least 3 stores had the section right in front with the area designated for the movies/games, and only 1 had anything substantial left, the others were nearly picked clean, and as I and others have already said, finding these movies/games placed in other parts of the store was incorrect, as they were meant to be the eye catcher wow item people first see when they walk in the door. It was interesting seeing what was out there, and honestly there were 12+ movie titles I would have scooped up if I had seen them, and then the games, thats for sure another 6 items, so someone seeing me do that would probably have something derogatory to say about me buying all that stuff to sell, when in fact, it was all for me, and I can only imagine the average joe doing the same thing at the stores that had placed them in the wow spot, for most people, its a no brainer to buy bluray or current gen games for a dollar each.
Putting the movies near the cash registers definitely didn't help the situation, that's for sure.

Another oddity to point out is that I noticed at least one DVD with a K-Mart dump bin sticker on it.  It's possible that the source of these things is from a K-Mart/Sears supply, which might make sense in some of this.

I seem to recall a few years ago there was some chatter/rumors that K-mart was having trouble with game distributors (even before the stream of store closures) due to some financial issues, which resulted in them having a window of time where getting new video game hardware/software stock was difficult. 

I wonder if the intended location of this stock had originally been K-Mart's that could no longer receive them and they ended up in a limbo for several months (maybe over a year) before they end up at Dollar Tree.  Could explain the lack of variety and of total games, overall.

Honestly, my local KMART hasn't had video games since the PS2 era, so I am the worst person to make guesses about that. I do wish that Big Lots and KMART kept selling games. They used to have some really great deals. Every once in a while Big Lots will get in a super old computer game that nobody wants, and they stuff it in their DVD section. But, it's been years since they had anything good.

[quote name="nixmahn" post="14297610" timestamp="1592071202"
Taylor Swift Fearless live Blu for my niece

Does dollar tree get game regularly or is it just this one time?[/quote]

Come on dude- we know who it really was for. Just shake it off: "for my niece"

Dollar Tree used to get Atari 2600 and PC games occasionally.  This was probably close to 20 years ago.  I remember seeing a copy of Prince of Persia 3D but I didn't buy it since I had never heard of it (this was the pre-Sands of Time era).  That was the last time I recall them ever having games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once remember finding a Tilt Pak there, an accessory for N64 controllers that let you use motion controls for the analog. Strangest find ever, and I never saw another one again, Dollar Tree or otherwise.

I stopped by my local dollar tree store today, and found shadow of war and scribblenauts showdown for xbox 1. I also got 2 blu rays: Turtles in time III, and Thunderstruck.

Went to a dollar tree near me yesterday and couldn't find any movies or games. I have a few more I could check out but doubt I'd have any luck.

Went to a dollar tree near me yesterday and couldn't find any movies or games. I have a few more I could check out but doubt I'd have any luck.
This late in the sale I would think it would be a waste to drive around looking for these games. Most only had a few games and they were put right at the entrance with the movies. Most probably got snatched up the first couple days.

I cut my losses, and made one of the Lord of the Rings games my free game, in the buy two get one free Target sale.

Stopped by another dollar tree that was on my way home from work yesturday.  Seems the ones in the suburbs in large strip malls get the most/best stuff.  Late in the game to find games but: picked up

Blu

300 rise of an empire 3D

lone prestine lenticular slip cover of  Jack the giant Slayer 3D that I got by slipping it on the 300 bluray, wish I could have gotten the bluray

DVD

appleseed alpha

Ashes of Time

I actually found The Belko Experiment on Blue Ray, i snatched that up! I havent even seen it on DVD so i was excited haha

I struck out game wise but got Wish Upon and Hobo With A Shotgun on Blu and Belko, The School, Incident at Ghostland (or something like that), Pride Prejudice and Zombies, and a Charlie Brown 2 pack on dvd.

I cut my losses, and made one of the Lord of the Rings games my free game, in the buy two get one free Target sale.
Frankly, you're better off getting the GOTY editions anyways. We need to support these nice, complete version releases!

I don't think mine was the game of the year version, but it seems like the ones that people are finding at Dollar Tree are.

My local dollar tree finally got their movies in. I had given up looking, but a friend told me they had come in and been put next to the cooking utensils for some reason. No games, but I picked up some more movies.

My 2x xbox1 and 1x ps4 are regular versions. The GOTY are extras on disk or codes?
Much like Square-Enix has been doing with their GOTY/Ultimate Editions, it comes with a voucher code to redeem for the GOTY content. Although it's only the US version that does this, as PAL and Asian versions are 2 disc set w/ one disc containing all the DLC content.

I found the other Warner Bros games that I had been looking for at a different Dollar Tree this evening.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4)

Scribblenauts Showdown (XB)

Shadow of War PS4 was a vanilla copy as was the Xbox version that I found at the other store last weekend.

I also found the following movies and TV seasons.

Bad Milo (Blu-Ray)

Batman and Friends (DVD)

Hobo With a Shotgun (BluRay)

Premature (DVD)

30 Rock - Season 2 (DVD)

The Art of Getting By (DVD)

That 70's Show - Season 4 (DVD)

The Lucy Show - Season 1 (DVD)

The Mod Squad - Season 1 (DVD)

Either the people who shop at this Dollar Tree don't give a damn about games or they were completely oblivious to them being there.

My dad offered to go out and look for me tomorrow. I'm still too sick to leave the house, and he's doing something father's day related with my brother.

No new movies this week? Maybe I'll go check later today.
There are three types of Dollar Trees that I have encountered. Newer stores that always have DVDs, stores that get DVDs once in a while as a store special, and stores that never get DVDs. I find that the stores that never get DVDs 90% of the time are the oldest stores with no freezer section, or ones located in malls, due to high rates of theft. If your store isn't always stocked with DVDs, it is probably one of the special occasion stores, or worse, one of the ancient stores that doesn't even have frozen food. If you have multiple stores in your area (most people do), it would be best for you to search multiple stores, if nothing good is at your local store. Most stores carry the exact same things always, but sometimes they surprise you. This Dollar Tree in the next town is always getting those blind bag figurines, and even got in some Funko Pops once. Sometimes it's worth it to travel a little bit.

Another oddity to point out is that I noticed at least one DVD with a K-Mart dump bin sticker on it. It's possible that the source of these things is from a K-Mart/Sears supply, which might make sense in some of this.

I seem to recall a few years ago there was some chatter/rumors that K-mart was having trouble with game distributors (even before the stream of store closures) due to some financial issues, which resulted in them having a window of time where getting new video game hardware/software stock was difficult.

I wonder if the intended location of this stock had originally been K-Mart's that could no longer receive them and they ended up in a limbo for several months (maybe over a year) before they end up at Dollar Tree. Could explain the lack of variety and of total games, overall.
Didn't Kmart stop carrying games way back in 2014?

Really wasn't sure if I should make a new thread, or add it to this one. But, people are now finding Cuphead merchandise at the Dollar Tree, like a set of glass cups, and even a pair of socks. Once again, YMMV.

My store that didn't have the games before just put out a new dump of movies in the front bin, and there was one Xbox copy of Titanfall 2 in there.

They also had some decent movies.  I grabbed a copy of the Spiders triple feature blu-ray.

My store that didn't have the games before just put out a new dump of movies in the front bin, and there was one Xbox copy of Titanfall 2 in there.

They also had some decent movies. I grabbed a copy of the Spiders triple feature blu-ray.
Good to know. Thanks for the update!

I've gotten a lot of solid Blu-Rays at Dollar Tree, but I have never seen any games at the ones near me and I have like 5 within a 10 mile radius. 

That's cool. I wonder how long they are going to keep getting games. If this is a permanent thing, I definitely wouldn't mind it.

I saw Titanfall 2 and Madden 16 - both for XBox One. Nothing for PS4.

DVDs and BluRays were nothing spectacular, but I did find the Dog Soldiers BluRay. Awesome werewolf flick from the director of The Descent.

Friday the 24th is when they are supposed to officially put out the new stock but some stores have put it out early. Im waiting til Friday to go out.

Friday the 24th is when they are supposed to officially put out the new stock but some stores have put it out early. Im waiting til Friday to go out.
Cool, thanks for the tip. My friend that worked at Dollar Tree recently had his store temporarily closed because of the lockdown, so I lost my insider info about games and stuff from him. The last thing he told me about was the Cuphead stuff coming to stores.

5/5 of the stores local to me already put everything out last week and over the weekend. Don't wait until this weekend. Zero PS4 games at all stores I visited. Only xbox Madden 16/17 and Titanfall 2.

bread's done
Back