You can't lock the OTT until a new one is created!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']Took long enough, but finally beat ME2. Not sure what to play next. Leaning shooter. Maybe Bulletstorm.[/QUOTE]

super_noahs_ark_3d_frontcover_large_6HWsb8bCG1VaLtk.jpg

Yeah, the rain is absurd. I'm just glad I'm off today but I don't think it's doing much of anything today. I actually got lucky too yesterday. Stopped raining about an hour before work and started back up right when I clocked out so didn't have to deal with it.

[quote name='JStryke']Yeah, the rain is absurd. I'm just glad I'm off today but I don't think it's doing much of anything today. I actually got lucky too yesterday. Stopped raining about an hour before work and started back up right when I clocked out so didn't have to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

What I hate most is that it seems my sons Little League team is the only team that plays in this...by the time the game is over, Number84 looks like a mud monster.

What's the deal with the iPod app on the iPad? It sucks pretty bad. Weird since the one on the iPhone is pretty great.

It's "No Screen Week" this week for our kids. Monday-Sunday. It started off pretty rough on Monday, but it got a lot better yesterday. Also there's been a few little bits of screen here and there for them that we won't mention. And we're going to let them play video games next Monday, which isn't normally a video game day for them.

[quote name='zewone']Its just a pamphlet with 10 blank pages and a handful of autobot stickers. NY best seller.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

This is the best post an OTT has had in a long time.

[quote name='crunchewy']What's the deal with the iPod app on the iPad? It sucks pretty bad. Weird since the one on the iPhone is pretty great.

It's "No Screen Week" this week for our kids. Monday-Sunday. It started off pretty rough on Monday, but it got a lot better yesterday. Also there's been a few little bits of screen here and there for them that we won't mention. And we're going to let them play video games next Monday, which isn't normally a video game day for them.[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?

"No Screen Week"? It's a school thing in which for a week you aren't supposed to watch TV, play video games, etc. It's really a good thing, but it doesn't feel that way on day one. :) Mind you, we (their parents) don't exactly comply with it, at least not fully. :)

Shit like that always confuses me. It ranks up there with no meat on Fridays during lent. You're just going to go back to things exactly the way they were before.

[quote name='crunchewy']"No Screen Week"? It's a school thing in which for a week you aren't supposed to watch TV, play video games, etc. It's really a good thing, but it doesn't feel that way on day one. :) Mind you, we (their parents) don't exactly comply with it, at least not fully. :)[/QUOTE]

hell, we can barely go an hour or so. We turn it off during dinner times and then before bed. But otherwise it just seems to always be on. Should have never shown him how to work the remote too.

Add that to the fact that there's 50+ episode of Backyardigans, 20+ Umi Zoomi, 30 some yo gabba gabba, 10+ handy mannys on the DVR that are constantly being 'requested'.

Also,
the quote about kids who breeze through HS and then get caught by college is dead on. I was one of those. Never studied in HS, aced through most of my AP classes (had teachers who were flexible about late projects). Then college came. I figured i could just show up when I wanted, not read the text book and walk in and ace the test. It didnt work that way.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well fuck, I think I finally got a hangover for once.[/QUOTE]

It's all in the age/metabolism. When I was in my teens and early 20s I used to drink 5ths of whisky or well over half a case of beer by myself and woke up feeling great. Now I'm in my 30s and I drink a six pack and wake up with a headache and feeling dehydrated.

[quote name='seanr1221']Shit like that always confuses me. It ranks up there with no meat on Fridays during lent. You're just going to go back to things exactly the way they were before.[/QUOTE]

It's a show of personal sacrifice...sure you going to go back to it, but for 6 weeks it's ok to do without.

[quote name='eldergamer']

Also,
the quote about kids who breeze through HS and then get caught by college is dead on. I was one of those. Never studied in HS, aced through most of my AP classes (had teachers who were flexible about late projects). Then college came. I figured i could just show up when I wanted, not read the text book and walk in and ace the test. It didnt work that way.[/QUOTE]

I was an average student in HS until I took a Study skills class and that changed everything. I did more skipping class and sleeping the last two years of college. Community college was way harder than 4YR. By the time I got to my 3rd and 4th years of college, I didn't really care, got sick of it and just wanted to be done.

[quote name='seanr1221']Shit like that always confuses me. It ranks up there with no meat on Fridays during lent. You're just going to go back to things exactly the way they were before.[/QUOTE]

Yea, people will just gorge and make up for lost time anyway.

[quote name='Number83']It's a show of personal sacrifice...sure you going to go back to it, but for 6 weeks it's ok to do without.[/QUOTE]

If I make a sacrifice it will be my son, Abraham style.

[quote name='Number83']It's a show of personal sacrifice...sure you going to go back to it, but for 6 weeks it's ok to do without.[/QUOTE]

One week, not six! That would be too much. I always dread the approach of No Screen Week, but then once we're in it it's a nice change of pace and I think it's healthy for our kids, and they get into stuff they don't normally, or at least otherwise not often.

[quote name='crunchewy']One week, not six! That would be too much. I always dread the approach of No Screen Week, but then once we're in it it's a nice change of pace and I think it's healthy for our kids, and they get into stuff they don't normally, or at least otherwise not often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, once the TV is off it's amazing how they'll go and find their trains, colors, magazines, whatever. It's just dealing with the tantrum and not giving in that is the hardest part.

Trying to make lunch or do the dishes is extra difficult with the TV off due to too many 'helpers' or people wanting to play mailman with you.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well fuck, I think I finally got a hangover for once.[/QUOTE]

Bravo!
I've found that a little nip of vodak in my morning OJ cures the hangover, especially if I remember to take cold medicine the night before. Then you're in for a real treat as colors don't even make sense until noon.

[quote name='eldergamer']Yeah, once the TV is off it's amazing how they'll go and find their trains, colors, magazines, whatever. It's just dealing with the tantrum and not giving in that is the hardest part.

Trying to make lunch or do the dishes is extra difficult with the TV off due to too many 'helpers' or people wanting to play mailman with you.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Monday was the tantrum day, or something like it. Tuesday went a lot better. I dare say they had fun. My Mom was visiting and we played some games together: Pit and Sorry. Sorry is a pretty maddening game with 4 players, but it's saved by my kids clearly having fun with it. At least it isn't as insanely infuriating as that godawful game Chutes & Ladders. C&L is a scourge upon this earth. Thank goodness they outgrew that one some time ago.

A buddy from work brought in his 3DS today and let me play with it for a good amount of time, he had SSFIV...very impressive hardware, but I still find the $250 a bit too much, specially with the library of games currently our there. I might have to pick this up a year or two down the road.

I really one day should take a picture of this letter one of my coteachers took from one of my gifted kids. He wrote a letter to the ninja inside him and yes... on the otherside is the letter back from the ninja... named Naruto. I still have been meaning to write a letter back as Kakashi. It's been long enough that he may have even forgotten about writing it, which would make the return letter epic.

HOORAY! My dad finally heard back from the bank today and might finally be able to get his car out of impound Friday. About time. Tired of him taking my truck and using all my gas.

Ugh. Tuesday I have a presentation and paper due, and three final exams.

fuck my life.

Then a final paper due the following Monday, and my last exam the following Thursday.

Two weeks from being done... but a shitty two weeks. x.x

So looks like I'll be getting a best buy giftcard for my b-day. What to buy, what to buy.

On that subject, not sure where I want to go eat at Saturday. Thinking Red Lobster, but I was just there with my mom two weeks back. Then again, I hardly ever get to go there.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='Chika']My new netbook is at the local FedEx hub and is expected to be delivered tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Congratz! We should totally Skype!

[quote name='JStryke']So looks like I'll be getting a best buy giftcard for my b-day. What to buy, what to buy.

On that subject, not sure where I want to go eat at Saturday. Thinking Red Lobster, but I was just there with my mom two weeks back. Then again, I hardly ever get to go there.[/QUOTE]

Go to Sizzler...if they are even around anymore.

But seriously, why not try one of the local establishments, instead of the chain locales? I'm not sure of your location, but there has to be one or two nice Italian restaurants around?

[quote name='Maklershed']Hayden Panatierre was outrageously hot on Conan last night.[/QUOTE]

Weird name, but she's so hot you'd swear she's from another planet.

[quote name='JStryke']So looks like I'll be getting a best buy giftcard for my b-day. What to buy, what to buy.

On that subject, not sure where I want to go eat at Saturday. Thinking Red Lobster, but I was just there with my mom two weeks back. Then again, I hardly ever get to go there.[/QUOTE]

The "Gift Card" they gave me was a toy car when I did the 2 3DS game deal. Weird.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Congratz! We should totally Skype!

Go to Sizzler...if they are even around anymore.

But seriously, why not try one of the local establishments, instead of the chain locales? I'm not sure of your location, but there has to be one or two nice Italian restaurants around?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering why I never heard of them. They don't have any around in the tri-state area (or quad for that matter if you count VA). As far as local restaurants, not sure I can even think of many. There's a few ok places, but I'm not aware of anything spectacular off hand.

[quote name='nasum']Bravo!
I've found that a little nip of vodak in my morning OJ cures the hangover, especially if I remember to take cold medicine the night before. Then you're in for a real treat as colors don't even make sense until noon.[/QUOTE]

Confession: I've been drinking Smirnov Ice's the last few days.

What's wrong with Smirnoff? Nothing wrong with a good beer, but I haven't found a malt that I haven't liked yet.

If it's what I'm thinking of, that Smirnoff ice stuff is pretty horrendous. Tastes like drinking diet, yet sickly sweet, candy. Or is this something else?

Smirnoff Ice? What are you, a $$$$$$?
What can I say? I like my girly drinks.

Yes, it is sweet.

Contemplating on getting that PC laptop on cowboom today, but I've been a Mac guy for years. An extra laptop would be nice though.

A couple of my (female) friends drink Smirnoff Ice when we drink. I usually take a sip out of curiosity and it seems to taste okay, but I tried to drink a whole one and once you get a gulp or two down it's just gross. It doesn't taste like alcohol... but it just tastes like some kind of vile sweetener.

[quote name='Rocko']A couple of my (female) friends drink Smirnoff Ice when we drink. I usually take a sip out of curiosity and it seems to taste okay, but I tried to drink a whole one and once you get a gulp or two down it's just gross. It doesn't taste like alcohol... but it just tastes like some kind of vile sweetener.[/QUOTE]

Smirnoff...mmm. That stuff's like candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back