You got me hOTT and bOTThered. Be My Valentine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora is going to limit you to 40 hours a month (mobile devices) for anyone who uses it.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/27/pandora-mobile-cap/

It does a better job with song selection than Spotify, but Pandora repeats the same songs (at least it was for me last night. I got the same 5 songs in a row that I had the last time I picked this station)

I like how Spotify gives me a whole album, although I haven't used it much yet. I need to try Spotify more.

Portal 2 seems easier than the first game.

(Wife: "Why are you playing that game? Does this game have that crazy computer bitch too?")

Morning, OTT. (Talking to myself)

Up to chamber 17 (of 22) in Portal 2. Went to the FAQ to see if I was almost done. Nope. Good.

WTF, Amazon. Why must you charge $8.99 for an MP3 album with 3 tracks on it. It's $0.99 a track. Charge me $3 for it. Otherwise I'll download it from some nefarious site. (If I can find it)

[quote name='eldergamer']Spent the evening at Yo Gabba Gabba Live!

90 minutes of pure musical entertainment for all ages! Biz Markee!

http://www.yogabbagabbalive.com/

No one will be able to tell if my enjoyment of the show is ironic or not.
[/QUOTE]

Did they do "Party in My Tummy" and "I Like Bugs"? Those are my favorites.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did they do "Party in My Tummy" and "I Like Bugs"? Those are my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Yup and yup. I think they did about 10 songs total.

All the live show is just the characters and DJ Lance dacing in front of a big screen with animated backgrounds Live singing and dancing with some audience interaction between songs.

Kids really enjoyed it, I saw lots of parents dancing as well.

So Oberlin College is having trouble with the KKK. They iissued a release that included this...

This has been another event in a string of several reflecting a terrible pattern of racism, prejudice, queerphobia, anti-semitism and other bias attacks that are happening on Oberlin's campus

Is it just me, or does queerphobia itself sound like a term someone would use by someoen who was afraid of homosexuals. Like, the term is homophobia. It's like someone talking about racial equality for the "coloreds." Has anyone else here ever heard the term queerphobia. I did a quick search and I see it's used online, but I've never heard nor read the term before I saw the statement above.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']So Oberlin College is having trouble with the KKK. They iissued a release that included this...

Is it just me, or does queerphobia itself sound like a term someone would use by someoen who was afraid of homosexuals. Like, the term is homophobia. It's like someone talking about racial equality for the "coloreds." Has anyone else here ever heard the term queerphobia. I did a quick search and I see it's used online, but I've never heard nor read the term before I saw the statement above.[/QUOTE]

Neither have I.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']So Oberlin College is having trouble with the KKK. They iissued a release that included this...

Is it just me, or does queerphobia itself sound like a term someone would use by someoen who was afraid of homosexuals. Like, the term is homophobia. It's like someone talking about racial equality for the "coloreds." Has anyone else here ever heard the term queerphobia. I did a quick search and I see it's used online, but I've never heard nor read the term before I saw the statement above.[/QUOTE]

Was that statement released by the college? Might be an attempt to "reclaim the language".

Morning OTT. (Crickets)

The regulars from here seem to have just vanished. This was my breakfast entertainment, man.

[quote name='Rocko']I want to sell my 360, but I have so much Rock Band DLC on my HDD that I can't bring myself to do it.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I sold my slim, but I still have an older box. I thought about selling my intstruments over Spring Break, but it is going to be hard to want to part with them. I can't think of anything aside from Gears 1 that I enjoyed this generation as much as RB. I think I bought something like 4 or 5 hundred songs over the lifespan of that series.

Lots of movie theater time for me right now. A Good Day to Die Hard was good. Jack the Giant Slayer was fun. Going to watch Dead Man Down with a friend and I got to take my little sister to see Oz the Great and Powerful sometime in the next week.

I read an article a few days ago about that same subject and I do agree that we miss out on the shared experience with the whole season out at once. I haven't seen House of Cards but I'm late to the party with the Walking Dead. About to finish up season 2 on netflix but I can't really discuss it with friends since they either haven't seen it or are up to date with the new episodes.

[quote name='DT778']I read an article a few days ago about that same subject and I do agree that we miss out on the shared experience with the whole season out at once. I haven't seen House of Cards but I'm late to the party with the Walking Dead. About to finish up season 2 on netflix but I can't really discuss it with friends since they either haven't seen it or are up to date with the new episodes.[/QUOTE]

You should watch it next. It's really great.

I still need to get around to house of cards. Im like 4 episodes behind on the Americans so I need to do thst first. Just caught up on Justified. That show is so good.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Just caught up on Justified. That show is so good.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I'm finished with the first three seasons of The Shield. While I'm a little disappointed because I'm vaguely aware of the fates of Lem (I've seen you post something about it) and Shane (I remember reading an article that compared the finale to the Benoit situation), it's still such a good show.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yep.

I'm finished with the first three seasons of The Shield. While I'm a little disappointed because I'm vaguely aware of the fates of Lem (I've seen you post something about it) and Shane (I remember reading an article that compared the finale to the Benoit situation), it's still such a good show.[/QUOTE]

The season 3 finale is so fucking good. The first part of season 4 lags with Glenn Close, but Anthony Anderson is absolutely amazing when he shows up.

Oh and Season 5 is one of the best in the series. Forest Whitaker absolutely destroys. He is such a tour de force that it still drives me up the wall that he wasn't nominated for an Emmy/Golden Globe for his role on The Shield. Glenn Close got a Golden Globe and her performance didn't even come close to how good Whitaker was.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I know what you mean. I sold my slim, but I still have an older box. I thought about selling my intstruments over Spring Break, but it is going to be hard to want to part with them. I can't think of anything aside from Gears 1 that I enjoyed this generation as much as RB. I think I bought something like 4 or 5 hundred songs over the lifespan of that series.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have around 300, and even though I haven't played the game since a couple months after RB3 came out, I can't bring myself to part with all of that. It was definitely the game(s) of this generation for me, hands down.

If I keep the HDD, all of that stuff will work on another 360 right? Maybe I'll just keep it and if I want to I can buy a cheap box down the road for some nostalgia...

In other news, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on AMC.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The season 3 finale is so fucking good. The first part of season 4 lags with Glenn Close, but Anthony Anderson is absolutely amazing when he shows up.

Oh and Season 5 is one of the best in the series. Forest Whitaker absolutely destroys. He is such a tour de force that it still drives me up the wall that he wasn't nominated for an Emmy/Golden Globe for his role on The Shield. Glenn Close got a Golden Globe and her performance didn't even come close to how good Whitaker was.[/QUOTE]

Watching The Shield alongside Justified, it amazes me how much range Walton Goggins has in his acting. Watching The Shield also makes me realize just how much Kenny Johnson was underutilized on Sons of Anarchy.

My weekend has begun. :cool:

[quote name='munch']Has anyone been watching House of Cards? i'm loving it, but I kind of agree with this articled that argues dumping it all out at once has some negative consequences: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9021473/netflix-house-cards-gamble[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been watching. Its pretty great so far. Great cast, great performances, beautifully shot, intriguing story. Definitely HBO worthy.

EDIT: Anybody been playing Sim City? How is it?

I probably should watch Justified since I usually like Elmore Leonard's novels. (The show is a spin off of a novel, and some episodes are written by him, correct?)

I have no idea where I'd fit an hour of TV viewing into my schedule. I am lucky that the kids have started enjoying watching the Simpsons now at least. I picked up the Season 5 DVD, and need to grab a few more early seasons. Our local network has reruns every day but they're usually only from 2010 and earlier. Not prime viewing.

We've watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards. I found that I enjoyed the 3rd show much more than the first 2, although I still found them captivating. The first two felt like a whirlwind. The 3rd seemed to slow down and have more to latch on to. It's a pretty good show. Will watch more. I have absolutely zero problems with releasing the show all at once. I can't stick to watching a show every week, so it is better for me to just have them all available for whenever I get to them.

[quote name='Rocko']Yep, I have around 300, and even though I haven't played the game since a couple months after RB3 came out, I can't bring myself to part with all of that. It was definitely the game(s) of this generation for me, hands down.

If I keep the HDD, all of that stuff will work on another 360 right? Maybe I'll just keep it and if I want to I can buy a cheap box down the road for some nostalgia...

In other news, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on AMC.[/QUOTE]I think DLC is tied to the console you bought it on (not the hdd) and your gamertag. So if you get a new system you can either do a license transfer to the new console (don't know if you will need to redownload the stuff if you already have it on the hdd) or just sign in with your gamertag and redownload stuff. But if you do it the second way I believe only your gamertag can use it and you have to be connected to live, so the first option is best.

I love that Kotaku pointed out that EA shit real hard on the Diablo 3 launch and said Sim City wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

Why no demo for BioShock Infinite? I wont pick it up for $59. Hell, if I wait 2 or 3 years it will probably be free on PlayStation Plus.

Man, this Kickstarter thing is insidious. I kickstarted a few projects, mostly tabletop games. I kickstarted Guild of Cadwallon which was relatively inexpensive at $25. Then I ordered Devestation of the Indines. Now I went all out on hedgmonic and drum roll.

Now they have a number of really interesting games that I'm eyeing.

Zombiecide complete - $220
Machine of Death - I thought that would be enat at $25. But if I want all the expansion cards it's $78
Legacy - Forbidden Machines Complete- $75
Channel A: Anime Pitch Game - $25 but its funding isn't going well.
Evil Intent - $45

While all those look neat I can't spend that type of money.

Kickstarter is addicting. I mostly look at the tabletop games too, but have done some video games as well. Get in on Dragon Roll. It's casual and relatively simple dice rolling dungeon delve game, but definitely with some strategy too. It just looks fun.

FYI, there's going to be a new Kickstarter for another expansion to Flash Point Fire Rescue (very fun coop game) sometime soon. I'm going to try to get in on any early bird specials there.

Have you ever made a profit kickstarting other peoples' projects, by selling the incentives? I thought about giving that a shot for shits and giggles.

Sorry, it's Dungeon Roll, not Dragon Roll. Whoops.

I have been thinking about putting in for a 2nd copy of Dungeon Roll for that reason - sell at a profit due to the KS exclusives. But I don't know. Probably not worth the bother.

[quote name='Brak']Have you ever made a profit kickstarting other peoples' projects, by selling the incentives? I thought about giving that a shot for shits and giggles.[/QUOTE]

Some of the kickstarted stuff for Sedition Wars was selling for crazy amounts whne they were first delivered. I'm tallking $300 for the $100 kickstarter bundle. But that died down after the first week. Here's one example...

I ended up getting the $100 kickstarter ediion for $125, which when you account for shipping and paypal/ebay fees probably only netted the seller ten dollars.

But I've seen the Omen kickstart selling for $70 to $100. I think it was originally $40. they're going to do a third kickstarter release this year because of that.

Steam has the worst forums ever. Why isn't the forum integrated with community ID's? I registered to ask a fucking question in a thread and 48 hours later am still waiting for my account to be activated.

That said, all my anger really is directed towards SE and their shitty port job. Every solution that people mention is a fail for me, and I would just like to know what to do next to get TR up and running. My Spring Break starts in less than 24 hours and I want to play some TR in between catching up on big projects.

Oh and 1saleaday has some of the worst shipping ever. Over two weeks and my keyboard is still processing. It has been twelve business days and my keyboard still hasn't shipped.

And Kickstarter sucks. I want my god damn Uncle Ruckus Movie.

Rant over

Oh and I left the TV on while I was getting material together for my stats test and saw that the girl who plays Becca in Superbad plays Becca on 1600 Penn. I knew she was on the show, but the fact that she has the same name on the show as she does in SB is kind of odd.

[quote name='Maklershed']
Yeah I've been watching. Its pretty great so far. Great cast, great performances, beautifully shot, intriguing story. Definitely HBO worthy.[/QUOTE]

And Mindy Main had a cameo as the crackhead's girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back