You guys want the truth about GS? Ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='nosuchsoul']Yes, of course you would put a sensor-matic by the door.........what would be the point of it otherwise? Anyway, how do you keep someone from running out the door? How does an employee have to deal with the added stress of live product on the floor and kepping an eye on the kid in the back with the bookbag? A person having the key for the case, or someone managing to open the case.

Why shouldn't you assume everyone's a theif? "Trust, but verify." I am very good at sensing someone is a theif. I could profile, though right? Profiling is good, and it works wonders when you are trying to catch thieves. And if you say "Vigilance is key", how do I go about that without assuming someone is a theif.

Assuming someone is a theif does not mean I make them aware that I am. I keep an eye on them, I do not blindly trust them, let them hold on to the PSP. I watch them if they toake some games to the back. Let them hold the 360 box since he asked to. And I sure as hell do not put live product on the floor to appease a trivial portion of my customer base. Yes, I consider them trivial, the vast majority of people do not care. Since those who do not ming also buy used, our most profitable category.[/quote]

Many stores like Sam Goody use the system I am talking about for years, and although it isn't perfect, it detures thefts, otherwise they would use GS's system.

I believe the real issue is that GS is unwilling to invest capital in their 3000+ stores in this expensive security system, if the current system is working and the complaint level is low.

I'm glad you explained yourself, that "everyone is a thief" remark you made rubbed me the wrong way. I think GS would upset their customer base if it got out that was their general attitude towards their customers. "Trust but verify" is much better. I understand the need to protect your inventory, but you made it look like you have a generally negative attitude toward your customers.

I bought a "new" ESPN Baseball from EBGames and the disc had scratches on it and it didnt include a manual. How do you explain that?

[quote name='Rozz']I bought a "new" ESPN Baseball from EBGames and the disc had scratches on it and it didnt include a manual. How do you explain that?[/QUOTE]

You didn't complain about no manual?
If you know you are getting a opened new game, wouldn't you check beore you left the store?

[quote name='gizmogc']You didn't complain about no manual?
If you know you are getting a opened new game, wouldn't you check beore you left the store?[/quote]

Dont just assume I didnt do something.... I went back there and got a manual... I just thought the whole process was odd. Hows it "new" if it has scratches on it and it has no manual? Maybe they're selling used games as new? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rozz']Dont just assume I didnt do something.... I went back there and got a manual... I just thought the whole process was odd. Hows it "new" if it has scratches on it and it has no manual? Maybe they're selling used games as new? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

gsindifferent.gif

god you people won't drop that. Why would we sell it as new?

A. It would fuck us up in inventory
B. We would rather sell you the used one for the used price so the company gets all the profit.

edit: also why didn't you check right away? Anytime I buy disc only games I ask to see the game and make sure it comes with the book. You couldn't take the 5 seconds of time to ask them that before you bought something? Seeing as people like to assume that buying a game is like buying a fucking car, you wouldn't check the car before you give them money? Yea thought so...

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']
gsindifferent.gif

god you people won't drop that. Why would we sell it as new?

A. It would fuck us up in inventory
B. We would rather sell you the used one for the used price so the company gets all the profit.

edit: also why didn't you check right away? Anytime I buy disc only games I ask to see the game and make sure it comes with the book. You couldn't take the 5 seconds of time to ask them that before you bought something? Seeing as people like to assume that buying a game is like buying a fucking car, you wouldn't check the car before you give them money? Yea thought so...[/quote]
Um it was only $5 so I really didnt give a fuck about checking it.. ... I was just wondering why there were scratches on it with no manual if it was "new".... and buying a car is a whole different subject that really has nothing to do with this.

[quote name='Rozz']Um it was only $5 so I really didnt give a fuck about checking it.. ... I was just wondering why there were scratches on it with no manual.... and buying a car is a whole different subject.[/QUOTE]

So you throw around 5 bucks likes it nothing, yet you bitch about not getting a book? Are you even going to read the booklet? Or is this for your awesomly 1337 collection?

As for the car issue, some CAG seem to think it's just as important as buying a game.

Hey if they can assume all GS staff are assholes then I can do the same to CAG.

I had to buy something new at EB / GS (Metal Gear Solid Graphic Novel for PSP)... I felt dirty as hell, but in this situation, it was better then the other options.

I guess there is my one new game transaction for the year quota filled, though. I can't wait until Outpost has a deal on Disgaea 2 (you know they will) and Best Buy is getting VP: Lenneth so I need to cancel that preorder (wasn't sure if the chains were going to stock this one, better to be prepared I thought).

Cmon, you people complain too much, EB / GS are largely avoidable unless you're a) working them over for a deal or... well, pretty much a.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']So you throw around 5 bucks likes it nothing, yet you bitch about not getting a book? Are you even going to read the booklet? Or is this for your awesomly 1337 collection?

As for the car issue, some CAG seem to think it's just as important as buying a game.

Hey if they can assume all GS staff are assholes then I can do the same to CAG.[/quote]

No need to be an ass... I was just asking why there were scratches and why there was no book for a "new" game... If it were used I could understand, but new...?

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']
Hey if they can assume all GS staff are assholes[/QUOTE]

Well you're certainly proving that point well enough.

The point Rozz is making is that it's YOUR responsibility to sell a new game as new. If I walk into some store to buy something new, I expect it to be new. It would never even cross my mind to consider that it's used and beat up. You act like GS rips everyone off and it's OUR responsibility as customers to try and catch you on it.

The car reference is silly, but I'll play your game. If I go to a used car lot, I'm certainly going to check it out from top to bottom before I buy it. Just like I would open a used game to see if the manual is there, the disc is scratched up, etc. However, if I go to buy a new car, I'm not going to take it to my mechanic to check it out. I mean, who does that? It's a NEW car.

It sounds like you're just really irritable about the fact that you even work at GS and have to put up with *gasp* paying customers. Dude, it's your job. You don't like it? Go get a better job and quit being an ass to CAGs.

[quote name='fwacce']Well you're certainly proving that point well enough.

The point Rozz is making is that it's YOUR responsibility to sell a new game as new. If I walk into some store to buy something new, I expect it to be new. It would never even cross my mind to consider that it's used and beat up. You act like GS rips everyone off and it's OUR responsibility as customers to try and catch you on it.

The car reference is silly, but I'll play your game. If I go to a used car lot, I'm certainly going to check it out from top to bottom before I buy it. Just like I would open a used game to see if the manual is there, the disc is scratched up, etc. However, if I go to buy a new car, I'm not going to take it to my mechanic to check it out. I mean, who does that? It's a NEW car.

It sounds like you're just really irritable about the fact that you even work at GS and have to put up with *gasp* paying customers. Dude, it's your job. You don't like it? Go get a better job and quit being an ass to CAGs.[/quote]
Furthermore, that attitude(Radioactive's/GS) is hypocritical. If you ARE selling a game as NEW(but opened solely to take the game out), and see nothing wrong with still selling at full price, there should be extra dilligence made(on GS's part, not the consumer) to MAKE SURE that the 'new' game is actually mint and complete. Sure, knowing GS's track history it might make sense for a customer to look at what he bought - but does GS want its customer to automatically assume that GS might've f'd up? That's good business right there.

So i have a friend who works at the local GS and he said that GS employees get to play and hold onto the NEW games for a week or so each game( they use the gutted copies) Is this true for most stores or just mine?

[quote name='voodo186']So i have a friend who works at the local GS and he said that GS employees get to play and hold onto the NEW games for a week or so each game( they use the gutted copies) Is this true for most stores or just mine?[/QUOTE]
Already been answered numerous times. It depends on the manager, but some stores do allow it.

It sounds like you're just really irritable about the fact that you even work at GS and have to put up with *gasp* paying customers. Dude, it's your job. You don't like it? Go get a better job and quit being an ass to CAGs.[/quote]

Exactly. It's actually quite ludicrous how RadioActive_Man and Gizmonc act like it's my fault that EBGames gave me a beat up disc with no manual. Also, this happend with Hot Shots Golf 3 as well - the disc was in complete crap condition, so bad I woulden't even accept the disc if it were used. I returned it, but I just dont understand it. I just assumed it was a display copy that was in mint condition but simply opended for display purposes, but that was not the case. It was obviously used. I mean, how do you explain sticky, candy-like marks on the top (it seemed like there was a bit of gum stuck to the top - no lie, i'm completely serious), dust (like it was spun around in a dusty system, not normal dust from cd sleeves, which would be understandable) and water marks. I returned it but I simply dont see how this would be a "new" disc in this kind of condition. Quite questionable really.

[quote name='Rozz']Exactly. It's actually quite ludicrous how RadioActive_Man and Gizmonc act like it's my fault that EBGames gave me a beat up disc with no manual. Also, this happend with Hot Shots Golf 3 as well - the disc was in complete crap condition, so bad I woulden't even accept the disc if it were used. I returned it, but I just dont understand it. I just assumed it was a display copy that was in mint condition but simply opended for display purposes, but that was not the case. It was obviously used. I mean, how do you explain sticky, candy-like marks on the top (it seemed like there was a bit of gum stuck to the top - no lie, i'm completely serious), dust (like it was spun around in a dusty system, not normal dust from cd sleeves, which would be understandable) and water marks. I returned it but I simply dont see how this would be a "new" disc in this kind of condition. Quite questionable really.[/QUOTE]

This same shit happened to me. I got sold Technic Beat for PS2, brand new, gutted copy... of course, I never played the game, took it recently to GS for a trade-in. They laughed about how many games I still had sealed, and when they opened the clear sticker on Technic Beat and took the game out, the manual was ripped and the cd was scratched to hell. They still took it, because my GS is nice and understands that certain EB's are horrible places, but I was still shocked I was sold a brand new game in that condition.

It never occured to me to check on the condition of a NEW game.

[quote name='Roufuss']This same shit happened to me. I got sold Technic Beat for PS2, brand new, gutted copy... of course, I never played the game, took it recently to GS for a trade-in. They laughed about how many games I still had sealed, and when they opened the clear sticker on Technic Beat and took the game out, the manual was ripped and the cd was scratched to hell. They still took it, because my GS is nice and understands that certain EB's are horrible places, but I was still shocked I was sold a brand new game in that condition.

It never occured to me to check on the condition of a NEW game.[/quote]
Yes, I opened a sealed game that was scratched to helll, but you can tell it was factory scratches. How can you explain the water marks, heavy dust clouds like its been spun in a dusty system, other scratches, and sticky shit on the top?

I'm also not the only one whos complained about getting scratched, crapped up discs from EB. I doubt a new game would be in this kind of condition.

Also, why would there be no manual?

I sincerely hope that new games that employees take home and "try out" gets sold as used when it comes back.

I have a feeling some stores just sell them off as gutted "new" copies.

[quote name='Rozz']No need to be an ass... I was just asking why there were scratches and why there was no book for a "new" game... If it were used I could understand, but new...?[/quote]

ESPN NFL 2K5 always been 19.99 New, you must have bought the used one and for some reason decided it was new.

[quote name='ebgamesstoremanager']ESPN NFL 2K5 always been 19.99 New, you must have bought the used one and for some reason decided it was new.[/quote]

Are you a complete idiot? I said I bought ESPN Baseball, not ESPN NFL 2K5. And it was clearly as it labled "new" with a white sticker. Don't assume things, you just make yourself sound like a dunce.

[quote name='Rozz']Are you a complete idiot? I said I bought ESPN Baseball, not ESPN NFL 2K5. And it was clearly as it labled "new" with a white sticker. Don't assume things, you just make yourself sound like a dunce.[/quote]

Just tell him to go get a real job.

[quote name='Ramman77']I sincerely hope that new games that employees take home and "try out" gets sold as used when it comes back.

I have a feeling some stores just sell them off as gutted "new" copies.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it gets sold as new. To sell it as used would screw up their inventory and cause a massive Loss Prevntion issue (If all games being taken home by employees get sold as 'used'). I am actually oposed to employees taking 'gutted' copies home. However, if you do decide to buy a new 'gutted' copy, be smart enough to open it up, look at the disc, verify there is a manual, and THEN leave. Mistakes happen, deal with it. I'm sure not everyone looks at the receipt when they leave a store, but later return to bitch they got overcharged on something. With humans comes human error. Its just something you have to deal with. Not just at GS/EB, but everywhere.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Just tell him to go get a real job.[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me you are talking about people who work at game stores now. For some people this is as far as they get. Hell atleast they have a job unlike the majority of people living free in this country.

[quote name='gizmogc']Please don't tell me you are talking about people who work at game stores now. For some people this is as far as they get. Hell atleast they have a job unlike the majority of people living free in this country.[/quote]

Nah, just ebstoremanagers :)

[quote name='gizmogc']However, if you do decide to buy a new 'gutted' copy, be smart enough to open it up, look at the disc, verify there is a manual, and THEN leave. Mistakes happen, deal with it. I'm sure not everyone looks at the receipt when they leave a store, but later return to bitch they got overcharged on something. With humans comes human error. Its just something you have to deal with. Not just at GS/EB, but everywhere.[/quote]

That says a ton about the company you work for right there. A customer has to check to make sure a NEW product has a clean disc and the manual. I haven't seen human error like this at other stores. Oh yeah, because they don't open products, let employess use them and then sell them as new.

[quote name='schuerm26']That says a ton about the company you work for right there. A customer has to check to make sure a NEW product has a clean disc and the manual. I haven't seen human error like this at other stores. Oh yeah, because they don't open products, let employess use them and then sell them as new.[/QUOTE]

I don't work in customer service anymore. However, when you are buying a game KNOWING IT WAS A GUTTED COPY, why wouldn't you check? Would you check if you were buying a used game? Would you ask?

[quote name='gizmogc']Nope, it gets sold as new. To sell it as used would screw up their inventory and cause a massive Loss Prevntion issue (If all games being taken home by employees get sold as 'used'). I am actually oposed to employees taking 'gutted' copies home. However, if you do decide to buy a new 'gutted' copy, be smart enough to open it up, look at the disc, verify there is a manual, and THEN leave. Mistakes happen, deal with it. I'm sure not everyone looks at the receipt when they leave a store, but later return to bitch they got overcharged on something. With humans comes human error. Its just something you have to deal with. Not just at GS/EB, but everywhere.[/quote]

...is that even legal?

If it is, it certain doesn't seem ethical at all to me - selling an opened game that has been played as "new".

...Are employees only allowed to borrow used games, or can they actually borrow new games (and sell them off as new) again.

[quote name='gizmogc']Nope, it gets sold as new. To sell it as used would screw up their inventory and cause a massive Loss Prevntion issue (If all games being taken home by employees get sold as 'used'). I am actually oposed to employees taking 'gutted' copies home. However, if you do decide to buy a new 'gutted' copy, be smart enough to open it up, look at the disc, verify there is a manual, and THEN leave. Mistakes happen, deal with it. I'm sure not everyone looks at the receipt when they leave a store, but later return to bitch they got overcharged on something. With humans comes human error. Its just something you have to deal with. Not just at GS/EB, but everywhere.[/quote]

...is that even legal?

If so, it still doesn't seem ethical at all to me - selling an opened game that has been played as "new".

...Are employees only allowed to borrow used games, or can they actually take home "new" games (then sell them off as new again)?

[quote name='Ramman77']...is that even legal?

If it is, it certain doesn't seem ethical at all to me - selling an opened game that has been played as "new".

...Are employees only allowed to borrow used games, or can they actually borrow new games (and sell them off as new) again.[/QUOTE]

At certain stores, employees are allowed to borrow games. These would be the 'opened, gutted' copys. Its all up to the manager if he allows it. From the managers ive talked to, its 50/50. So yes, if you buy a 'gutted' copy, it could have been taken out of the store and played.

As for it being legal...who knows. Enough stores do it that I don't see it ever becoming a huge problem, and they havn't been busted yet.

But as many have said, if you don't want to buy a gutted copy, don't. You can simpy say no and go to Best Buy or something. No one is forcing you to buy that copy. Regardless if you want to spend you're store credit or not, there are other options. It sucks, but it happens.

[quote name='gizmogc']As for it being legal...who knows. Enough stores do it that I don't see it ever becoming a huge problem, and they havn't been busted yet.[/quote]

After reading that, i googled "gamestop class action" and this popped up. A bit old, but definitely reminiscent of the topic here.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2003/8/12-32

" GameStop has posted a proposed settlement offer on its website, providing details in the class-action lawsuit filed against it claiming that the company has been selling used games as new - a practice that is fraudulent under purchasing laws in the United States."

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']After reading that, i googled "gamestop class action" and this popped up. A bit old, but definitely reminiscent of the topic here.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2003/8/12-32

" GameStop has posted a proposed settlement offer on its website, providing details in the class-action lawsuit filed against it claiming that the company has been selling used games as new - a practice that is fraudulent under purchasing laws in the United States."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now I remember. That was years ago...back in the N64/PSX area. I don't think anything ever came out of it though. They obviously still do it, and no fines have ever been imposed ( to my knowledge).

I still largely avoid EB/GS, unless I think my local stores will have a batch of the newer penny guides out on the shelves still. The one manager has given me his word that he will let them be sold to me, if i can find them ON THE SHELF.

So, at least one of my local EB/GS stores is good for SOMETHING.

Although, I will admit, some of their games are in good shape, but if you're buying used, you JUST HAVE TO CHECK. It's that simple.

NOTE, I said USED, not 'gutted'. The gutted ones, well, don't even get me started on those.

And, since EB was absorbed into Gamestops' corporate umbrella, I have to ask one thing:

When will the store closings and staff consolidations start taking place? I DOUBT all the EB/GS/Funcoland/Babbages stores could be doing THIS well, to justify keeping them ALL open.

Once that starts, I expect to see a bunch of their employees on here going 'woe is me'.

can you feel the love in this thread? lol

I have no real problems with EBstop. I know its not the employees fault they ask me for tradeins and warranties and subscriptions. That doesnt bother me. I personally dont like them selling gutted games as 'new' but Im not gonna lose sleep over it. I can just not buy them if I dont want them. Im not gonna hold an employee accountable for corporates stupid policies. Ive worked in retail, and Ive worked low paying jobs for companies I hate, so I can relate.

And if I come across an employee who outright lies to me or just clearly has no idea what he's talking about, so what? If I know he/she is lying to me I cant be harmed by that lie. People lie to you every day of your life, get used to it.

The one recurring comment in this thread that I DO have a problem with is that EBstop shouldnt cater to me, cos Im not their core customer... oh no?

I joined CAG one year ago this month. In that time Ive spent about two thousand dollars on EB & GS combined. And yes, I only buy used, but thats better for the companies bottom line right? And yes, I take advantage of the sales and deals and coupons. But I repeat, even with all that, I gave the company $2000 dollars in the last year. Now you cannot tell me that Mom and Son team combine to spend over 2 grand a year at their local store. Your core cutomers are Moms and Kids? No freakin way a mom is dropping 2 large on juniors game habit in a year. They go in and buy one new $50 game a month maybe. Maybe a system a year, thats still far less than I spend.

So when I say I wont buy a gutted game as new, and I wont buy a used game unless its complete, EBstop better damn well listen to me. Cos I AM their core fucking customer. Im the guy that goes in there at least once a week, and buys something on most trips. And if a competitor ever arises that has a better used game policy *cough*Best Buy*cough*, guess where my $2000+ dollars will be going that year?

As of this moment, I'm done with EB / GS. It's not the gutted games, it's not the shitty employees, it's the fact that they are constantly lowering their deals to screw people over.

I did the Trade 5 get an extra $10 deal.. it was a good deal at the time. A week after that deal ended, they had a Trade 4 deal get an extra $10. Ok, that kind of sucks, I would have made an extra $10 on the games I traded in, it's no big loss.

I figured they wouldn't drop the deal again, so I traded in a few more games. Now they are apparently running a Trade 3 get an extra $10 deal, as well as boosting all games up to a minimum of $1 trade-in credit?? I feel like I got screwed out of $30 - $40 of trade - in credit by them constantly lowering the deals and I feel like I got kicked square in the nuts, since there's no way to get the credit back on the Trade 4 deal I did when I got my DS Lite, since I'd stand to get about $20 in credit back.

I mean, yea, it's a good deal, but couldn't they at least have waited before rolling out a way better deal? That's like having a 2 for $30, and then next week doing a 2 for $20 on the same games and not giving you the difference back, and well, you're screwed for taking advantage of what you thought was a deal but really, you just screwed.

[quote name='Roufuss']As of this moment, I'm done with EB / GS. It's not the gutted games, it's not the shitty employees, it's the fact that they are constantly lowering their deals to screw people over.

I did the Trade 5 get an extra $10 deal.. it was a good deal at the time. A week after that deal ended, they had a Trade 4 deal get an extra $10. Ok, that kind of sucks, I would have made an extra $10 on the games I traded in, it's no big loss.

I figured they wouldn't drop the deal again, so I traded in a few more games. Now they are apparently running a Trade 3 get an extra $10 deal, as well as boosting all games up to a minimum of $1 trade-in credit?? I feel like I got screwed out of $30 - $40 of trade - in credit by them constantly lowering the deals and I feel like I got kicked square in the nuts, since there's no way to get the credit back on the Trade 4 deal I did when I got my DS Lite, since I'd stand to get about $20 in credit back.

I mean, yea, it's a good deal, but couldn't they at least have waited before rolling out a way better deal? That's like having a 2 for $30, and then next week doing a 2 for $20 on the same games and not giving you the difference back, and well, you're screwed for taking advantage of what you thought was a deal but really, you just screwed.[/QUOTE]
The problem with it is, they're not doing it to benefit the consumer. They're just making themselves look good.

They start a trade 5 get $10 deal. Everyone's excited cause EB hasn't had a deal in ages. So everyone jumps on it with some heavy hitting games and all that.

Then the next week, they drop it to trade 4. People are still like "Hey, I have games left, I'll make even more money!"

Then the next week, they drop it to trade 3. People now say "Man, that's bullshit, I traded all my games in before." So people likely aren't gonna be trading as much, or its more of the dregs, so they aren't gonna be paying out as much money as they would if they had started off with a trade 3.

[quote name='Puffa469']

So when I say I wont buy a gutted game as new, and I wont buy a used game unless its complete, EBstop better damn well listen to me. Cos I AM their core fucking customer. Im the guy that goes in there at least once a week, and buys something on most trips. And if a competitor ever arises that has a better used game policy *cough*Best Buy*cough*, guess where my $2000+ dollars will be going that year?[/QUOTE]

Do you think they care? Really? Its like when people threaten to 'never step foot inhere again! Im a good customer. I spend XX amount!...blah blah blah'. They don't care. There are always new customers, and parents who will gladly buy gutted games and games that are $50 at EB/GS, but $35 at BB.

It sounds like you're just really irritable about the fact that you even work at GS and have to put up with *gasp* paying customers. Dude, it's your job. You don't like it? Go get a better job and quit being an ass to CAGs.[/QUOTE]

As stated before I love my job. Should have read that a page before buddy.

[quote name='Rozz']No need to be an ass... I was just asking why there were scratches and why there was no book for a "new" game... If it were used I could understand, but new...?[/QUOTE]

sorry about that, I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass.

Haven't read the whole things so not sure if these have been asked. Someone posted before (different thread) about even the lowest level G-stop employess receiving benefits. Is this true?

Also are you guys not allowed to sell video games on ebay meaning you have to trade them in to the company? I can see why the store wouldn't want you to but didn't know if it was true.

Also are you guys not allowed to sell video games on ebay meaning you have to trade them in to the company? I can see why the store wouldn't want you to but didn't know if it was true.
How would they even enforce that?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']How would they even enforce that?[/quote]

It's just a standard policy for that instance when the guy is Microsofting you over. (Remember the guy from Microsoft who made millions selling software he bought with his discount before he was caught.)

And you can sell stuff you buy with your discount, you just have to wait 1 year from the purchase day.

And how about this newer policy? As an employee, you cannot hold rare or variant product.

[quote name='Villy']
And how about this newer policy? As an employee, you cannot hold rare or variant product.[/QUOTE]
Good... buy it or don't buy it. I've never understand this whole "the employees can sit on a product for x number of weeks."

[quote name='Villy']
And how about this newer policy? As an employee, you cannot hold rare or variant product.[/QUOTE]

Too little too late imo... PS2 / GC dosen't have any rare product outside of MvC 2 and a few other games.

Hilarious how this policy goes into effect once PS One is phased out, which held all the true gems.

[quote name='Roufuss']Too little too late imo... PS2 / GC dosen't have any rare product outside of MvC 2 and a few other games.

Hilarious how this policy goes into effect once PS One is phased out, which held all the true gems.[/quote]

Further down the line , after ps3 has been out for a while, theres a chance that some PS2 games will become the next gems though :)

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Further down the line , after ps3 has been out for a while, theres a chance that some PS2 games will become the next gems though :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, but after employees around here hoarding every rare / valuable PS One title this policy, while nice, just comes too late.

One manager made sure that every used title that was trading in went into the hold drawer, his friends would come in, buy them and Ebay them and split the profits with him.

I knew this because I called over there, the girl that answered told me how "they wish they had them" and explained this to me kind of non chalantly. I got the DM's number, let them know what's going on, the manager gets replaced by the girl who told me who was apparently the ASM :lol:

Good for her. It has always amazed me that companies let their employees hold products. All it does is deter customers (who are the most important) from going in there. I know it pisses me off

[quote name='gizmogc']Do you think they care? Really? Its like when people threaten to 'never step foot inhere again! Im a good customer. I spend XX amount!...blah blah blah'. They don't care. There are always new customers, and parents who will gladly buy gutted games and games that are $50 at EB/GS, but $35 at BB.[/quote]

Do I think they care? No.

Should they care? Yes.

I spend more in their stores, and on their websites than ten of their average customer Im sure. If I decided to take my business elsewhere, which I have not, They would need a bunch of new customers to replace just me. Lets say 10 moms to buy what I buy in a year. Now I know there are other people here that spend as much as me if not more. If ten of them leave EBstop, now they need a hundred new customers to make up the difference. Eventually they will care when their stock price tanks cos earnings are down. The videogame industry will never go away. Can EBstop say the same thing?

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Now that GS/EB is going to have a LE FFXII on pre-order I guess that means anyone who vowed not to shop at the stores isnt going to get it right?[/QUOTE]
I guess that depends on if the LE comes with a PS2 or not. If so, I'm all over it!

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Now that GS/EB is going to have a LE FFXII on pre-order I guess that means anyone who vowed not to shop at the stores isnt going to get it right?[/QUOTE]

OH NO HE DI'NT

seriously, let's just kill this thread. we can fight with gizomgc and radioactive_man in every other thread that pops up in the deal discussion forum.

[quote name='Apossum']OH NO HE DI'NT

seriously, let's just kill this thread. we can fight with gizomgc and radioactive_man in every other thread that pops up in the deal discussion forum.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen someone take so much pride at working at Gamestop... I wonder if McDonald's workers care about their job so much?

"Where are you McDonald's haters going to get McGriddles from now, huh? That's right, bitches, NOWHERE".

I've just never seen someone defend a retail position so fiercely in my entire life.. it kind of seems odd.

I mean, oh no, I have to buy something now from EB / GS, it's only the third new game purchase I'll have made all year, and I guess it balances out all the times I've taken advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back