Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

IMG_20130126_223355_372_zps3da0350b.jpg

All the sports games. I used to play Baseball/Basketball games religiously....

IMG_20130126_223610_324_zps85973ad5.jpg

The regular games....A LOT of the ones I used to have were sold back in the day, and a few recently, so its not what it used to be....I actually have a third counter strike disc somewhere. Played that game so much I scratched up the discs. Somewhere I have the vanilla case with a REALLY destroyed game disc inside.

IMG_20130126_223616_269_zpsd97fd04a.jpg

Case is lying around someone, I miss the first one :( which I sold....

I have two xbox. One is a normal xbox, the other is modded with a 250gb hdd and I love it

[quote name='KtMack23']That is not a good way to hold your disks yo[/QUOTE]

Lol I was always a little careless with my Xbox discs because they were ripped to my hard drive. That's why I have multiple copies of game like Counter Strike and Halo 2 which I had to use the disc for.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']What messes with me is the fact that he keeps series in order (Fable, Gears, AC, etc.) but not the actual whole collection.[/QUOTE]

I would love to have them alphabetized (and did before I had kids). But it seems everytime I do it, the next day I come home from work, my kiddos have "reorganized" them for me. I tried to fight it forever, but eventually gave up and comprimised to keep the series together at least.

Anyway, I'm fairly proud of what I've built so far.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I would love to have them alphabetized (and did before I had kids). But it seems everytime I do it, the next day I come home from work, my kiddos have "reorganized" them for me. I tried to fight it forever, but eventually gave up and comprimised to keep the series together at least.

Anyway, I'm fairly proud of what I've built so far.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the teasing bother you lol.....

My girlfriend has a son who has a PS3 and whenever I buy "him" a game I take it out of the case and give her the disc from a collection of empty cases I have lmao. I have like 10 PS3 cases/manuals just lying in the trunk of my car for safe keeping.

The teasing doesn't bother me. But I find it interesting how ocd I used to be before kids. After the demon spawn came to being, I turned into a pushover slob. Lol.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']The teasing doesn't bother me. But I find it interesting how ocd I used to be before kids. After the demon spawn came to being, I turned into a pushover slob. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Kids ruin people's lives lmao.....boarding school!

[quote name='Macheezmo']I keep thinking about taking pictures of my stuff, but I know that in a couple months one of my roommate's is moving out and my wife told me I could use the spare room as a gaming room, so I'm just kind of waiting on that. I currently have a lot of stuff boxed up in my closet that wouldn't end up in the pictures anyways.

Also Monoxide, it's killing me that your games aren't alphabetized.[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with the gaming room idea. I'm hoping I can do one in a year or two once I'm able to afford a bigger house. That way I can show off a lot of the promotional stuff and posters I've collected. Like my gigantic RE5 poster, and my 10 foot tall 28 weeks later cardboard movie standee. For now they sit in storage in the basement along with my retro gear.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']As of right now I'm not buying any books....but I might need to.

And you can't trust college girls. For being so smart they are at the same time dumb as hell.

EDIT:

Going to post my Xbox games soon....well what I have left....just to get some pics again...and sadly the same pics will probably go on craigslist/ebay.[/QUOTE]

they aren't all smart. but neither are the guys. though in general i've found girls are usually the dumber bunch we just don't say it to their faces because "hey you are an idiot lets have sex now" hasn't been a pick up line i've known to work.

[quote name='slowdive21']You guys are doing it wrong. I had her read to me to study for our finals. (no joke) :cool:[/QUOTE]

no you simply found one of the 10 exceptions in that entire school.

[quote name='KtMack23']We haven't had any collection pics in this thread in what feels like forever and I reorganized and condensed my collection onto one shelf so I figured I'd takes some pics and keep us back on track. I'm still in highschool so cut my collection some slack and sell me your college text books on the cheap. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I like how you have things organized to fit anything and everything anywhere you can... it looks like a game of Tetris gone wrong!:lol:

It took me aback though thinking about what my collection was like back then. I found some pics in my Photobucket account. I think it was my first time posting pics of my collection... yours is way nicer than mine was. I believe this is in 2006, a year after I graduated high school.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/cv21.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/cv26.jpg

Man, to think what happened since then...:whistle2:/

EDIT* fuck, I should have worked harder towards more NES games. Those fuckers are so much more expensive now.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Alright, giving this a shot. Sorry if the pictures are enormous. I put them in Spoiler Tags so that it doesn't take over the whole page.
[/QUOTE]

Just a tip, if you tie up all of those loose wires from your TV/entertainment center/consoles, it'll look a lot better. For some reason, one thick bundle of wires looks better than all the wires scattered everywhere. But you might not be able to do it if there's no slack to work with.

its impossible to tie wires together. wires have their own mind and will in 2 seconds of being left alone tangle themselves. i give up on having untangled wires. even when i tie some together they manage to untie and bunch up.

On my wires, it seems like the minute I tie them, I have to untie them for some stupid reason. Also, they don't really bother me and I'm planning on eventually getting a small shelf to put on the entertainment center that will cover up the wires up to the tv. Eventually...

[quote name='Vinny']I've heard Atlantic shelves are gone down in quality so I look forward to hearing your impressions. Atlantic's shelves always had a solid reputation in the past but it seems like that's not the case anymore... especially because they use the same names but inferior quality material.[/QUOTE]
Well, I have it all filled up now and for the most part, I'm pleased. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty sturdy and the quality is similar to that of Sauder. I've never used an Atlantic shelving unit before, so I don't know if that's a downgrade or not. I can say, though, that I'm rather disappointed with how shallow the shelves are. They don't extend to be flush with the front of the unit, so everything hangs over the edge. And the entire unit itself is only just barely deep enough to fit a DVD. My games are probably going to get a lot more dust now, but at the same time, the space between each shelf will make them a lot easier to clean. Overall, I'm satisfied just because it's nice to look at a big tower full of games. All of my games, in fact. This is the first time I've ever had my whole collection in one spot.

I will be sure to post pictures later. I want to do it now, but I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']What messes with me is the fact that he keeps series in order (Fable, Gears, AC, etc.) but not the actual whole collection.[/QUOTE]
My system would probably bug a lot of people. Everything is in alphabetical order, but not 100%. For games that are in a series, I put them in chronological order...but only if they share the same series name. For example: the Ratchet & Clank games are together and in chronological order...but Secret Agent Clank is off with the other S games because it doesn't have "Ratchet & Clank" in the title. Also, I don't mix consoles, so the PS2 R&C games aren't with the PS3 R&C games.

And I have a slightly odd way of ordering the overall collection. Currently, they are grouped by platform in this order (left-to-right, top-to-bottom): Xbox 360, Xbox, Wii U, Wiii, Gamecube, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, 3DS, DS, PSP, PC, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Atari 2600, GameBoy. And a few games are just sitting on top of others in random spots because I didn't like how they fit...

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, I have it all filled up now and for the most part, I'm pleased. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty sturdy and the quality is similar to that of Sauder. I've never used an Atlantic shelving unit before, so I don't know if that's a downgrade or not. I can say, though, that I'm rather disappointed with how shallow the shelves are. They don't extend to be flush with the front of the unit, so everything hangs over the edge. And the entire unit itself is only just barely deep enough to fit a DVD. My games are probably going to get a lot more dust now, but at the same time, the space between each shelf will make them a lot easier to clean. Overall, I'm satisfied just because it's nice to look at a big tower full of games. All of my games, in fact. This is the first time I've ever had my whole collection in one spot.

I will be sure to post pictures later. I want to do it now, but I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Those are the same issues Squarehard noted. Atlantic shelves, at one time, were much better than most other brands of consumer level shelving but the fact that you say their quality is similar to Sauder basically confirms they've fallen off.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, I have it all filled up now and for the most part, I'm pleased. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty sturdy and the quality is similar to that of Sauder. I've never used an Atlantic shelving unit before, so I don't know if that's a downgrade or not. I can say, though, that I'm rather disappointed with how shallow the shelves are. They don't extend to be flush with the front of the unit, so everything hangs over the edge. And the entire unit itself is only just barely deep enough to fit a DVD. My games are probably going to get a lot more dust now, but at the same time, the space between each shelf will make them a lot easier to clean. Overall, I'm satisfied just because it's nice to look at a big tower full of games. All of my games, in fact. This is the first time I've ever had my whole collection in one spot.

I will be sure to post pictures later. I want to do it now, but I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

My system would probably bug a lot of people. Everything is in alphabetical order, but not 100%. For games that are in a series, I put them in chronological order...but only if they share the same series name. For example: the Ratchet & Clank games are together and in chronological order...but Secret Agent Clank is off with the other S games because it doesn't have "Ratchet & Clank" in the title. Also, I don't mix consoles, so the PS2 R&C games aren't with the PS3 R&C games.

And I have a slightly odd way of ordering the overall collection. Currently, they are grouped by platform in this order (left-to-right, top-to-bottom): Xbox 360, Xbox, Wii U, Wiii, Gamecube, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, 3DS, DS, PSP, PC, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Atari 2600, GameBoy. And a few games are just sitting on top of others in random spots because I didn't like how they fit...[/QUOTE]

I struggle with what to do about the game order...

Stuff like Call of Duty I can never decide, alphabetical order? Order by release date? Order by series (MW1-3, BO1-2) etc.?

Also stuff with "The" in the title....like are Oblivion/Skyrim in T together or separate in O/S? Thinking about it now I think it makes sense to put The games in T...lmao.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Stuff like Call of Duty I can never decide, alphabetical order? Order by release date? Order by series (MW1-3, BO1-2) etc.?[/QUOTE]

In that case, my preference is to order by series.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Also stuff with "The" in the title....like are Oblivion/Skyrim in T together or separate in O/S? Thinking about it now I think it makes sense to put The games in T...lmao.[/QUOTE]

Standard practice is to alphabetize without the "The," such as
Darkness, The
Fallout 3
Last of Us, The
Lost
Saboteur, The
etc.

With Oblivion/Skyrim, the question is do you alphabetize by "Elder Scrolls" or the common name?

The beauty is that it's all your choice. It's your collection so you can do whatever works for you.

[quote name='salty tbone']In that case, my preference is to order by series.

Standard practice is to alphabetize without the "The," such as
Darkness, The
Fallout 3
Last of Us, The
Lost
Saboteur, The
etc.

With Oblivion/Skyrim, the question is do you alphabetize by "Elder Scrolls" or the common name?

The beauty is that it's all your choice. It's your collection so you can do whatever works for you.[/QUOTE]

I never though of alphabetizing TES starting with E for Elder Scrolls :wall:

[quote name='slowdive21']

Cool Story Bros:
My college actually had 2 bookstores: One that was owned by the university and one that was independent. As you know (just like game trade ins) the price drops as they acquire more copies and eventually the bookstores stop taking them. People used to leave their 'worthless' books in crates to be recycled (as they were in a hurry to get out of town and back home). I would raid the crates, walk to the other independent bookstore (about 1/4 mile) and see if they were still taking the books. I only did it once (my final semester), but I made $180 on junk books and I even kept a couple of the marketing books for myself. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I did the same thing..... I also had 2 bookstores and on my last year, we had 3 bookstores (2 independents) to trade.

Is it me, or does Drake look like he's about to fall off?:lol:

Nice collection, I like how all of your PS3 games are organized by the spine logo design.

Game that start with "The" should totally NOT be under "T". That's just silly.

So, where do you guys put games/movies that start a number? Like, if its 6 do you put it under "S" or at the beginning after 5 and before 7?

[quote name='wiggyx']Game that start with "The" should totally NOT be under "T". That's just silly.

So, where do you guys put games/movies that start a number? Like, if its 6 do you put it under "S" or at the beginning after 5 and before 7?[/QUOTE]

I just put the numbers in the front. As for the Games that start with "The", I just ignore "The" altogether. Checking it now, I have The Sly Cooper Collection under S. Haha.

[quote name='wiggyx']Game that start with "The" should totally NOT be under "T". That's just silly.

So, where do you guys put games/movies that start a number? Like, if its 6 do you put it under "S" or at the beginning after 5 and before 7?[/QUOTE]

If I organized things without ignoring the "The", then I'd probably need an entire shelf for all my games that start with "The".

[quote name='KtMack23']here is a question, do you guys seperate Mario and super Mario games? I file them all under M :p[/QUOTE]

If you're doing it alphabetically, it doesn't make sense to keep all the Marios together unless you have... a Mario shelf or something.

[quote name='Olengie']I just put the numbers in the front. As for the Games that start with "The", I just ignore "The" altogether. Checking it now, I have The Sly Cooper Collection under S. Haha.[/QUOTE]

yep thats what i do. and things like mario all marios are lumped under M regardless to keep them together.

i should note the "The" thing depends. i'd ignore it for The Orange Box but probably not for The Last Story. when The is just a descriptive term to tell you hey look at that as opposed to in last story its more part of the title than saying this is the last story. whether this makes sense to anyone but me eh whatever.

[quote name='Vinny']Is it me, or does Drake look like he's about to fall off?:lol:

Nice collection, I like how all of your PS3 games are organized by the spine logo design.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Drake always looks like he's going to fall but never once has he fallen.
Thanks the Spine logo is my preference just looks better IMO

[quote name='Vinny']
If you're doing it alphabetically, it doesn't make sense to keep all the Marios together unless you have... a Mario shelf or something.[/QUOTE]
Not really, I mean, where do you put Halo Reach? Between ODST and 4 or after 4? Because if we're strictly speaking alphabetically, wouldn't you have it after 4? Idk if that is really super applicable, but to me it just makes sense to drop the super and keep all the Mario games under M.

[quote name='KtMack23']Not really, I mean, where do you put Halo Reach? Between ODST and 4 or after 4? Because if we're strictly speaking alphabetically, wouldn't you have it after 4? Idk if that is really super applicable, but to me it just makes sense to drop the super and keep all the Mario games under M.[/QUOTE]

in those such cases i do them in order of release usually although in the case of Halo i would stick reach at the end that way Halo 1,2,3,4 all line up nice and neat

This was my current generation gaming shelf before Cheap Ass Gamer

securedownload-1_zpsec6f9788.jpeg

Now this is my current generation gaming shelf after Cheap Ass Gamer #-o

securedownload-1-1.jpg

^^ Ah... bent shelves, the sign of a CAG.

[quote name='KtMack23']Not really, I mean, where do you put Halo Reach? Between ODST and 4 or after 4? Because if we're strictly speaking alphabetically, wouldn't you have it after 4? Idk if that is really super applicable, but to me it just makes sense to drop the super and keep all the Mario games under M.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant by "file all of them under M", but would you GC collection look something like this?
Lost Kingdom
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Strikers
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin

Right? You'd have Pikmin after Super Mario Sunshine (since you file all of your Mario games under M)? So you'd be going from M to S to P, and I was saying that if you kept an alphabetical order of games, it wouldn't work to put all the Mario's together.

The Halo example isn't the same since all of them start with Halo, nor do I understand why you're asking if I'd put Reach between 4 & ODST or after 4 (because it's neither-- it would be 4, ODST, then Reach).

[quote name='elessar123']Do you guys sort numbers by value, or by character?

Basically, does 300 come before or after 10,000 BC?[/QUOTE]

Numbers are always by value, unless they're spelled out (in which case, they're treated like any other word) so 300 would come before 10,000.

But specifcaly the Mario naming confection is ridiculous. The Mario soccer game is "Super Mario Strikers" but the Mario baseball game is just "Mario Baseball". For some reason they decided soccer was super but baseball wasn't. It annoys me to no end to have those games separated by multiple letters when they are so close. So basically, fuck you Nintendo, none of your games are super, and I'm going to organize my collection the way I want because 'Merica

[quote name='Vinny']^^ Ah... bent shelves, the sign of a CAG.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant by "file all of them under M", but would you GC collection look something like this?
Lost Kingdom
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Strikers
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin

Right? You'd have Pikmin after Super Mario Sunshine (since you file all of your Mario games under M)? So you'd be going from M to S to P, and I was saying that if you kept an alphabetical order of games, it wouldn't work to put all the Mario's together.

The Halo example isn't the same since all of them start with Halo, nor do I understand why you're asking if I'd put Reach between 4 & ODST or after 4 (because it's neither-- it would be 4, ODST, then Reach).

Numbers are always by value, unless they're spelled out (in which case, they're treated like any other word) so 300 would come before 10,000.[/QUOTE]

Strictly speaking for Halo, I would place probably place them in order of release or in chronological order. As for Mario, I would probably put the bare Mario titles under "M" and the ones with Super under "S". Seeing the S bundled with the M would just bother me too much :lol:

As for Halo, I would personally go Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 3-4, then ODST and Reach (these two are interchangeable imo)

Don't want to get yelled at for changing the topic from alphabetizing collection to text books, but I went to school today and got my student id. They give you "College Bucks" that you can spend at the bookstore for taking Saturday classes, and when I asked how many were on there the lady said $300! So I got my text book.

Just wish this school was like GWU. I went there for a year out of high school and they always had the newest 360/PS3 games in the bookstore. :whistle2:(. I think we even bought our roommate the Rock Band set there when it came out for his birthday.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Don't want to get yelled at for changing the topic from alphabetizing collection to text books, but I went to school today and got my student id. They give you "College Bucks" that you can spend at the bookstore for taking Saturday classes, and when I asked how many were on there the lady said $300! So I got my text book.

Just wish this school was like GWU. I went there for a year out of high school and they always had the newest 360/PS3 games in the bookstore. :whistle2:(. I think we even bought our roommate the Rock Band set there when it came out for his birthday.[/QUOTE]

well you could always show us your alphabetized college textbook collection

Wow, I thought I may have been the only one that gave TOO much thought to alphabetizing. I should have known better...

Square prolly puts his games in anime order :p

[quote name='wiggyx']Wow, I thought I may have been the only one that gave TOO much thought to alphabetizing. I should have known better...

Square prolly puts his games in anime order :p[/QUOTE]

Publisher order is usually how I tend to organize some of the collection, but with how much of a variation there are in box size and style I basically just organize is at whatever looks good. :3

Serious question, since I saw someone post their collection with Red/Black PS3 spine label separate. It looks really good and I've been wanting to do that, but then you have 2 separate locations for alphabetize. That's a minor problem compared to my OCD of Uncharted 1 or TES:Oblivion being under old red label while Uncharted 2/3 and TES:Skyrim being under newer black design. And Metal Gear 4 is old red design so that issue will pop up again.

So do you split up game series to make it visually appealing or what? Right now I have it mix/match, and it looks bad or "unorganized". As if red cases weren't bad enough, hate that Sony did this.

I'll never understand the hatred for red cases. I think they look so much nicer than the clear ones and they keep my PS3 collection from looking boring. I can't stand the thought of everything looking the same. That's why I also really like the purple and gray Xbox cases and the red and black Wii cases. Variety is the spice of life, people!

[quote name='wiggyx']So, where do you guys put games/movies that start a number? Like, if its 6 do you put it under "S" or at the beginning after 5 and before 7?[/QUOTE]
Numbers go at the beginning for me. A lot of my alphabetizing is done like it would be on a computer.

[quote name='elessar123']Do you guys sort numbers by value, or by character?

Basically, does 300 come before or after 10,000 BC?[/QUOTE]
I go by character, so 300 would come after 10,000. The only exception might be if they are part of a series. The Up Series, for example, goes by value in order to avoid confusion.

[quote name='KtMack23']here is a question, do you guys seperate Mario and super Mario games? I file them all under M :p[/QUOTE]
I separate them. If I were to do otherwise, chaos would ensue.

[quote name='Kazaganthi'] So do you split up game series to make it visually appealing or what? Right now I have it mix/match, and it looks bad or "unorganized". As if red cases weren't bad enough, hate that Sony did this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I split the series to make it look organized by spine. First I put them into groups such as old ps logo, new ps logo, greatest hits, slip cover box...etc. Then I put them alphabetical, though, right now, they are unalphabetized because some of the shelves fell down :cry:

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'll never understand the hatred for red cases. I think they look so much nicer than the clear ones and they keep my PS3 collection from looking boring. I can't stand the thought of everything looking the same. That's why I also really like the purple and gray Xbox cases and the red and black Wii cases. Variety is the spice of life, people![/QUOTE]

Unity, is my issue. If every game came in a red case, it'd be ok by me. A clearly labeled spine title is just fine to differentiate the games to me. What if your blu-rays came in all sorts of colors besides blue, that'd be rainbow vomit on the shelf.

It's a little picky I admit, but it makes the collection look much neater as a whole, instead of being drawn to the 1-5 odd ball games that stick out because they are different color.

Would you stick Metal Gear Solid 2+3 PS2 next to Metal Gear Solid 4 on your PS3 shelf?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']
Would you stick Metal Gear Solid 2+3 PS2 next to Metal Gear Solid 4 on your PS3 shelf?[/QUOTE]

I actually section them off
360->xbox
Wii u->Wii
PS3->PS2->PS1
I like to go down in generation

[quote name='jonnysniper']I actually section them off
360->xbox
Wii u->Wii
PS3->PS2->PS1
I like to go down in generation[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='Vinny']LOL I remember when I was super organized with my collection. Now, I just put my games wherever I can find room.[/QUOTE]
^

bread's done
Back