Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Squarehard']I probably would have gotten a second one back in the day if I actually had space, but oh well. Now I'm just wedging in stands wherever I can find space.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, I bought it a month ago at Bestbuy, and when I went to go order a second one 2 weeks later, it was completely gone from their site /sigh.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
The back is cardboard, but it is fairly sturdy and thick compared to most stuff I've had before.[/QUOTE]

Is it one of the ones you need to nail on or is there a groove you can slide it into? The latter is way better IMO.

[quote name='bvharris']Is it one of the ones you need to nail on or is there a groove you can slide it into? The latter is way better IMO.[/QUOTE]
Nail on :cry: I'm actually moving soon and trying to figure out the easiest way to transport it :drool:

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Nail on :cry: I'm actually moving soon and trying to figure out the easiest way to transport it :drool:[/QUOTE]

Grr. Several shelves I have like that I simply don't even bother nailing on the back, and just have it open. Though with one this big I'd probably put the back on.

[quote name='bvharris']Grr. Several shelves I have like that I simply don't even bother nailing on the back, and just have it open. Though with one this big I'd probably put the back on.[/QUOTE]
Yea I was contemplating doing the same, but I needed to have it about an inch from the wall since there was an electrical plug behind it, I figured I might as well just attach it. It goes on pretty easy though like I said and it's in two pieces so it's not too unwieldy.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Nail on :cry: I'm actually moving soon and trying to figure out the easiest way to transport it :drool:[/QUOTE]

Get ready to renail them back on. I moved and after I got the stand into my room, there were some nails missing from the back, lol.

[quote name='bvharris']Grr. Several shelves I have like that I simply don't even bother nailing on the back, and just have it open. Though with one this big I'd probably put the back on.[/QUOTE]

Well, this one is pretty tall, so it's pretty dependant on leaning on your wall, so depending on how far out the base board on your walls stick out, the stands going to be tilted backwards, so the stuff on it may look like they're sliding backwards, but won't be by much.

[quote name='Squarehard']Get ready to renail them back on. I moved and after I got the stand into my room, there were some nails missing from the back, lol.
[/QUOTE]

I was hoping I could just separate the top and bottom and undo the 3 nails in the middle, leaving the backs on and taking the shelves out. What did you have to do when you moved it?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I was hoping I could just separate the top and bottom and undo the 3 nails in the middle, leaving the backs on and taking the shelves out. What did you have to do when you moved it?[/QUOTE]

I just took all the shelves out and then left everything else there. It pretty much arrived in one piece with the exception of a few nails falling it from the back, but nothing too serious. It was sturdy enough for the movers to carry it, so that wasn't a big deal, but just that backboard was sort of irritating.

[quote name='bvharris']I might just have to take the leap and get that thing eventually, I'm always running out of space and having to re-organize my games.[/QUOTE]

The adjustable shelve-height on that thing is a nifty feature. I wouldn't know though since I keep inheriting bookshelves and crates from older relatives who passed away. If you know anybody with a pick-up truck you can get some amazing deals on storage furniture at estate sales.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yeap, I bought it a month ago at Bestbuy, and when I went to go order a second one 2 weeks later, it was completely gone from their site /sigh.[/QUOTE]

do you still have the receipt/ sku id?

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Damn at the DS games bruh, that's fuckin' ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

4000th post!

I've been slacking off lately on my DS collection though. I've been stuck at 500 for a long time now. Been concentrating on all the other systems I neglected while I was working on the DS games. I may jump back to it eventually. Maybe just a few games here and there.

I like that model 1 Genesis & Sega CD. They look a lot better than their revised versions. Never had one growing up (parents bought me a SNES), but I still want one just to have.

Why do you have a SD Dish receiver hooked up to that TV, though?

Been meaning to post some collection shots of my up and coming "Galleria del Dork" for awhile now, and a recent AWESOME addition of the Eddie Riggs statue gives me real reason to finally do it. Woot!

[quote name='MuzykMann']Been meaning to post some collection shots of my up and coming "Galleria del Dork" for awhile now, and a recent AWESOME addition of the Eddie Riggs statue gives me real reason to finally do it. Woot!

[/QUOTE]

You have some excellent statues/figures, and also glad to see I'm not the only one with Ions!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']You have some excellent statues/figures, and also glad to see I'm not the only one with Ions![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Something about having quality statues of some of my favorite game characters makes me smile. Now if only I can track down an Agent Francis York Morgan statue... hmmmm... :whistle2:k

And yeah, I finally caved on those Ions when I saw em on craigslist for $100. Love em! Wish i'da jumped sooner.

I need to organize my gaming stuff (into one room). They're scattered throughout various parts of my bedroom and living room.

Got some nice collection(s) there CAGers! =)

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't think it's even in Best Buy's system anymore. I only see the smaller version of it.[/QUOTE]

best buy never ever takes anything out of the system, they just dont have it on the website anymore. when working there i used to look at the old nintendo and snes games and their final selling prices. some never got below 50.

if you have the sku for anything, they can look it up in the system. or if you have someone smart enough to use the system, yes it actually takes brain power as it is a little cryptic, they can find anything.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't think it's even in Best Buy's system anymore. I only see the smaller version of it.[/QUOTE]

best buy never ever takes anything out of the system, they just dont have it on the website anymore. when working there i used to look at the old nintendo and snes games and their final selling prices. some never got below 50.

if you have the sku for anything, they can look it up in the system. or if you have someone smart enough to use the system, yes it actually takes brain power as it is a little cryptic, they can find anything.

[quote name='MuzykMann']Been meaning to post some collection shots of my up and coming "Galleria del Dork" for awhile now, and a recent AWESOME addition of the Eddie Riggs statue gives me real reason to finally do it. Woot!

[/QUOTE]

what are those little figures on the top shelf with the zelda? also, where did you get the brutal figure?

[quote name='Segasonic01']Just took some updated pics of my collection. Kinda big, sorry. Above the pics I listed whats in them. However, not all my games are displayed, i have way more in boxes

100_1141.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1143.jpg

100_1144.jpg

100_1147.jpg

100_1148.jpg

100_1149.jpg

100_1150.jpg

100_1151.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1153.jpg

100_1156.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Your collection (in particularly the Sonic stuff) is staggering.

Kind of reminds me of that UK/British dude that has his entire attic filled with nothing but Simpsons memorabilia.

Good stuff though!

[quote name='Animal7390']best buy never ever takes anything out of the system, they just dont have it on the website anymore. when working there i used to look at the old nintendo and snes games and their final selling prices. some never got below 50.

if you have the sku for anything, they can look it up in the system. or if you have someone smart enough to use the system, yes it actually takes brain power as it is a little cryptic, they can find anything.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean they removed it completely out of their system, I just meant they don't sell it anymore as an active sku. Probably discontinued or deleted.

I worked for Best Buy for 6 years, so I know they never remove skus from their system.

And just because it's still in the system doesn't mean they still have it in stock. Only in rare occasions assuming the stores actually don't do their job and take the necessary steps to get the at-risk stuff they're suppose to get rid of out of the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='def PD']Your collection (in particularly the Sonic stuff) is staggering.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although every time I see the hanging plushies I think a Sonic-character genocide took place. Very macabre. ;)

[quote name='salty tbone']Agreed. Although every time I see the hanging plushies I think a Sonic-character genocide took place. Very macabre. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he has Sonic Colors pre-ordered too. Then it'll look like he did find Sonic and scalped him.

[quote name='lmz00']I like that model 1 Genesis & Sega CD. They look a lot better than their revised versions. Never had one growing up (parents bought me a SNES), but I still want one just to have.

Why do you have a SD Dish receiver hooked up to that TV, though?[/QUOTE]

My parents won't pay for HD and I don't want to cover it myself so I just deal with SD for now.

[quote name='Animal7390']what are those little figures on the top shelf with the zelda? also, where did you get the brutal figure?[/QUOTE]

Those little guys are Phantom Hourglass Gashapon. Found a full set of em, so I figured they were worth showing off. On the left is one of Wolf Link and Midna. I really liked the Midna/Wolf Link duo, and that was the only figure I could find of em. C'moooon F4F...

And the Brutal Figure I was lucky enough to just recently get from a trade from IanKazimer on here. Great guy, good collection himself. Trade with him. Highly recommended.

Seeing that Sonic The Hedgehog arcade game above reminds me how much I wish I had $7000 to buy either a Family Guy or Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball machine... :cry:

[quote name='salty tbone']Agreed. Although every time I see the hanging plushies I think a Sonic-character genocide took place. Very macabre. ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL. No, I dont have it pre-ordered yet, since I sold my Wii. I might pre-order the DS version tho & just sell it for ~$25 since $10 is a good price to pay for the hat, imo. I still need to get the sonic colors plush that was only at E3. It's of one of those things from Colors with the eye in the middle of it, but it's only 3".

[quote name='Segasonic01']LOL. No, I dont have it pre-ordered yet, since I sold my Wii. I might pre-order the DS version tho & just sell it for ~$25 since $10 is a good price to pay for the hat, imo. I still need to get the sonic colors plush that was only at E3. It's of one of those things from Colors with the eye in the middle of it, but it's only 3".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my brother in law grabbed some of those when he was at E3. That bastard won't share!

Added a small edition to my storage collection,

cimg0169vv.jpg

needless to say it seems full already ~_~. And here's the original setup with a minor adjustment,

cimg0172z.jpg

[quote name='crzyboy88']How the hell do you even reach the Wii games?![/QUOTE]

Chair :D

So if you ever read in the news headlines, "Man falls over and kills himself trying to reach for video game."

That's probably going to be me.

[quote name='Squarehard']Chair :D

So if you ever read in the news headlines, "Man falls over and kills himself trying to reach for video game."

That's probably going to be me.[/QUOTE]

you should get one of those robotic arms with the open and close claw they used to make for kids, gives you like another foot and a half.

I'm more curious about how people find out about random ass games like Agarest War and Deathsmiles. I never would've heard of them had it not been for everyone and their mom posting them in the pick-up threads.

[quote name='lmz00']I'm more curious about how people find out about random ass games like Agarest War and Deathsmiles. I never would've heard of them had it not been for everyone and their mom posting them in the pick-up threads.[/QUOTE]

If you read enough gaming blogs (and I read a ton of them) you hear about pretty much every game there is.

On the earlier discussion about getting great shelving.. This is probably YMMV, but my Best Buy is selling this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...+Oak/6374906.p?id=1077624680370&skuId=6374906

(EDIT: Looks like they JUST took it off the site, but the SKU on the shelf is 6374906.)

at pretty massive clearance. It's pretty much the only large shelf on the site which shows for in-store pickup, which to me suggests BB might be trying to liquidate them. Mine was $26, which is an amazing bargain for a shelving unit that size. I just put it together and it looks great. Might be worth checking your BB to see if they're selling them at a discount.

It's not as big as the big one Square has, but this is currently holding my entire 360, PS3, Wii, DS, GBA, PSP, and PS2 collections (a little over 300 games total) with room to spare, which before were spread out over 4 pieces. I'll post a pic soon.

[quote name='Squarehard']Link no worky T___T[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that, it looks like they took it off the site. I edited to post the SKU.

[quote name='bvharris']Yeah, I noticed that, it looks like they took it off the site. I edited to post the SKU.[/QUOTE]

The price is going to be varied by store. Just checked a few Best Buy's and they all gave me different prices, which happens a lot with "deleted" or "discontinued" items. It will just depend on the store and there will be a different clearance price in the system. so far the most expensive price was $43, and the lowest was $28. But the $28 one is really far away, and I'm contemplating if it's even worth it since I don't really have room anyways. Maybe just strip the wood to make something smaller :p

Even at $43 it's a pretty good value. Mine was around the low end, I thought it was $26 but it might have been $28. They had two more (though one was an open return) so I'm thinking about going and buying another one just in case I ever need the space.

Edit: Here's the shelf:

picture.php

It's really a great shelf, as the reviews indicate. The list price was around $80 I think, and I went in there fully willing to pay that amount, so to get it for $28 was unreal.

Do you guys have an alarm system installed in your home because man if you get robbed that would be sad especially the people with bigger collections you will be screwed!

Man you guys have some really nice setups. Very cool stuff like the arcade cabinets and such. The Sega room was great.

Here's some recent shots of some of my collection.

This gen stuff .. Blu-Rays & some of my PSP games up top. PS3/360/Wii stuff from second shelf down.
IMG_1145.JPG

Pic of my PS2 & Gamecube games in my retro game room.
IMG_1146.JPG

Pic of my Xbox and random stuff that needs to be sorted underneath
IMG_1147.JPG

The pride of my collection.. My NES collection including the US NES Licensed set + complete Sachen set.
IMG_1148.JPG

I need to take some pics of my DS collection sometime.

Some older pics can be seen on my outdated website
http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

I no longer have the 52" RCA in our living room. My current gaming TV's are.

Living Room - Samsung 55" LCD 1080p - PS3/360/BR
Dining Room - Samsung 46" LCD 1080p - Wii/Xbox/PS2/DVD
Retro Room - Sylvania 35" SD - Nintendo (Famicom-NES-SNES-N64-GC) Sega (Master System-JVC X'Eye-32x-Saturn-DC) Sony (PS1-PS2) Atari (2600-5200-7800-Jaguar) other stuff (TI 99/4a-CDi-3DO-Odyssey 2-Commodore 64 & VIC20)

[quote name='gibbyva']Man you guys have some really nice setups. Very cool stuff like the arcade cabinets and such. The Sega room was great.

Here's some recent shots of some of my collection.

This gen stuff .. Blu-Rays & some of my PSP games up top. PS3/360/Wii stuff from second shelf down.
IMG_1145.JPG

Pic of my PS2 & Gamecube games in my retro game room.
IMG_1146.JPG

Pic of my Xbox and random stuff that needs to be sorted underneath
IMG_1147.JPG

The pride of my collection.. My NES collection including the US NES Licensed set + complete Sachen set.
IMG_1148.JPG

I need to take some pics of my DS collection sometime.

Some older pics can be seen on my outdated website
http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

I no longer have the 52" RCA in our living room. My current gaming TV's are.

Living Room - Samsung 55" LCD 1080p - PS3/360/BR
Dining Room - Samsung 46" LCD 1080p - Wii/Xbox/PS2/DVD
Retro Room - Sylvania 35" SD - Nintendo (Famicom-NES-SNES-N64-GC) Sega (Master System-JVC X'Eye-32x-Saturn-DC) Sony (PS1-PS2) Atari (2600-5200-7800-Jaguar) other stuff (TI 99/4a-CDi-3DO-Odyssey 2-Commodore 64 & VIC20)[/QUOTE]
Beautiful. I wish I had cabinets like that

bread's done
Back