sophistry

CAG Veteran
Not necessarily based on a comic.

1) Batman
2) X-Men
3) Iron Man
4) Spawn
5) The Crow?

very close to the list would be Batman Begins, Hellboys 1 & 2 (2 is fantastic), The Incredibles

*shivers at the listing of Spider-Man 3* ;)

I'd rank my favorites as...

5. Batman Beyond: The Joker Returns
4. Sin City (I think this stretches the definition of "superhero" but I'm listing it)
3. Batman Begins
2. Hellboy
1. Iron Man

I'm sure The Dark Knight and Hellboy 2 will replace things.

[quote name='chasemurata']*shivers at the listing of Spider-Man 3* ;)

I'd rank my favorites as...

5. Batman Beyond: The Joker Returns
4. Sin City (I think this stretches the definition of "superhero" but I'm listing it)
3. Batman Begins
2. Hellboy
1. Iron Man

I'm sure The Dark Knight and Hellboy 2 will replace things.[/quote]

Having seen an advance screening of Hellboy 2, I'd personally say it's better than the first. It's really an all-around fantastic movie, but the art style is truly stunning.

I considered Sin City (And even 300) for my list, but I'm not entirely sure if I could consider Marv a superhero. He'd be as close as you can get, especially if you consider the Punisher a superhero as well - and even by extension, Batman, who obviously is. Through that relation, it's hard to say Marv isn't.

1. Batman Begins
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Begins
5. Batman Begins

I've liked other superhero movies, but Batman Begins is the only great one IMO.

1. Batman Begins
2. Constantine
3. Hellboy
4. Iron Man
5. X-Men

EDIT: Wait a minute .. does V For Vendetta count? If so that would go in my number 2 or 3 slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Mine...

1. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
2. The Incredibles
3. Justice League Unlimited: Starcrossed
4. Iron Man
5. X-Men 2[/quote]

Starcrossed was also incredible. Nice choice, Guile.

[quote name='sophistry']Having seen an advance screening of Hellboy 2, I'd personally say it's better than the first. It's really an all-around fantastic movie, but the art style is truly stunning.

I considered Sin City (And even 300) for my list, but I'm not entirely sure if I could consider Marv a superhero. He'd be as close as you can get, especially if you consider the Punisher a superhero as well - and even by extension, Batman, who obviously is. Through that relation, it's hard to say Marv isn't.[/quote]

I can hardly wait for Hellboy 2. It's good to know it may be better. :D

Marv is a lot like Conan where they could both be considered "heroes." Even though they lack some core hero values, they primarily do things for the sake of good. I know people consider Wolverine and Punisher superheroes. If those two are heroes, then I think Marv should also fall into the category.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The Shadow
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
The Phantom
Supergirl

Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Elektra and Batman and Robin.

1. Batman Begins
  2. V For Vendetta ( People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.)
  3. Ironman
  4. Spiderman 2
  5. blade
do bonds movies and a history of violence count ?

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Begins
3. Iron Man
4. Batman Returns
5. X-Men

I'm sure this will become an even more Batman-centric list once Dark Knight shows up.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Hellboy
3. Batman Begins
4. Iron Man
5. X-Men 2

I didn't include Sin City (it would be #1) or any Cartoon Movies (otherwise BB: Return of the Joker would be #2, behind Sin City)

Spider-man
Batman Beyond:Return of the Joker
Iron Man
X-men 2
Batman Begins

Considering just superheroes and no other comics (ie no 300 or Sin City with no true superheroes or "anti-heroes").

1. Batman: Return of the Phantasm (no one listed this yet? Really?)
2. Batman Begins
3. Sin City
4. 300
5. Amazing Screw on Head (screw it, that cartoon needs MORE love and I'll call it a movie)

1. Batman begins
2. Iron Man
3. Incredible Hulk
4. V for Vendetta
5. Orgazmo

I dont consider Sin City a superhero movie, and The Dark Knight will be on that list

1. Batman Begins
2. V for Vendetta (almost 1st)
3. The Incredibles
4. Spiderman 2
5. Iron Man

The Dark Knight will soon be #1.

As of right now:

1.) Batman Begins
2.) Hellboy
3.) Sin City
4.) The Punisher (2004)
5.) V for Vendetta

[quote name='chasemurata']Starcrossed was also incredible. Nice choice, Guile.

I can hardly wait for Hellboy 2. It's good to know it may be better. :D

Marv is a lot like Conan where they could both be considered "heroes." Even though they lack some core hero values, they primarily do things for the sake of good. I know people consider Wolverine and Punisher superheroes. If those two are heroes, then I think Marv should also fall into the category.[/quote]

I think you're right. Ultimately, anyone who does "extraordinary" things for a cause (good or evil, really), could be considered a 'superhero', especially given a certain context. The Punisher is a good example. All he really is, is a guy with a bunch of guns who is out for revenge. Marv isn't too far from that. In a way, Batman isn't either. He has a code of ethics, some great toys, and a ton of money. But really, he's still a regular guy.

So what about V? I loved that movie, it's based on a comic, but can V be considered a 'superhero'? If the Punisher is, V is.

I might have to change my list.

1. Iron Man
2. Hellboy
3. Batman Begins
4. X-Men
5. Spiderman

I am really excited to see Watchmen and hope it can crack my top 5.

The reason I didn't consider V For Vendetta a superhero movie is because V possesses no super powers. He's just good at fighting. But I guess the same holds true about Batman.

1.) Batman Begins
2.) Superman 2
3.) Batman - Burton
4.) Iron Man
5.) Batman Beyond ROTJ

Of course I fully expect the Dark Knight to take the #1 spot next week.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot this one... "The Rocketeer." Cheesy, I know, but still, it was a great superhero movie (if you want to count a guy with a jet pack as a superhero).

sticking to comic book franchises, in no order:

1. spider-man 2. doc ock has been the best villain of the film franchise so far. tobey maguire wasn't nearly as annoying as in the other two movies, and actually delivers a pretty good performance. the scene where parker saves the subway car full of people (and its aftermath), although a bit cheesy, is probably one of the best sequences in any superhero movie. also has the best ending of the three films - "go get 'em, tiger."

2. batman begins. not a big batman fan (comics or movies), but batman begins is in a world of its own. redefined the modern superhero genre. almost a perfect storm: great director, great cast, great atmosphere. christian bale was the first "cool" superhero on film (followed by robert downey's iron man)

3. x-men 2 - a pretty good movie sandwiched in between two extremely average ones. they don't ham it up and make it the wolverine show for two hours. the good guys and the bad guys team up to take on a common enemy. definitely has one of the more heartwrenching scenes in any superhero movie:
seeing notorious rivals cyclops and wolverine embrace after jean grey's death
is enough to make any person tear up. the empire strikes back of superhero movies.

4. iron man - went against the grain, as far as superhero movies go. adapting iron man to robert downey jr's personality was a gamble, but a great one. although i'm still trying to figure out why tony stark and his buddy thought one metal suit was the best way to escape from a terrorist camp, seeing a superhero without some sort of inner turmoil was a breath of fresh air. it was everything a summer blockbuster superhero film should be: funny, entertaining, and exciting. hope it holds up over time.

5. obviously reserved for the dark knight

1. Spider-man 2
2. Batman Begins
3. Spider-man
4. The Incredibles
5. Batman

It was real hard not to stick Blankman(seriously), The Punisher(2004) and Superman Returns in there.

[quote name='Maklershed']Look at post 8 and 20[/quote]
Touche. I guess I was mostly noticing Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker more then anything else.

bread's done
Back