ZACK & WIKI! 300k Sold! BUY!!! $29.99 Now! IGN: 9.0! 1UP: 9.0! NP: 9.0! GS: 8.5!

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Gah, this makes me want this game even more now, but I don't know if I can get myself to buy something at retail. Damnit, TRU, why didn't you have your B2G1 this week? :([/quote]
Do it for the children and the evil yellow-eyed wolverined porcupines .

takarajimaz_01_main.jpg

But mostly the evil yellow-eyed wolverined porcupines...

Did anyone else that ordered through the Capcom store get a backordered notice? I don't mind the game coming late since I've got a few (more like a ton) to go through first, but I'll be pissed if the bonus lenticular puzzle doesn't come along with it.

Well, dammit, I was gonna skip this one. I figured it was all hype and would come out to 6's and 7's like Dewy and any number of other Wii games. So for once I didn't freaking preorder. Now I know my GC won't have any or if they do it will be for the one guy that preordered. Guess I'll give 'em a call tomorrow just to check.

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, I was gonna skip this one. I figured it was all hype and would come out to 6's and 7's like Dewy and any number of other Wii games. So for once I didn't freaking preorder. Now I know my GC won't have any or if they do it will be for the one guy that preordered. Guess I'll give 'em a call tomorrow just to check.[/quote]

Heretic!!!!!!!

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Gah, this makes me want this game even more now, but I don't know if I can get myself to buy something at retail. Damnit, TRU, why didn't you have your B2G1 this week? :([/quote]Just pretend it's a $50 game and you found a universal deal for $10 off.

So what does aeveryone predict the legs will be on this game? I have a feeling it could be somewhat long lived if even more reviews come in at these ratings.

[quote name='Snake2715']So what does aeveryone predict the legs will be on this game? I have a feeling it could be somewhat long lived if even more reviews come in at these ratings.[/quote]If it keeps up in the high-80s on GameRankings, and impressions aren't filled with disappointment when the game hits, I could see it having longer legs than most recent games. The price point will help initially, and positive word-of-mouth would help thereafter.

Unfortunately it has little chance of charting with 4 Guitar Hero SKUs filling October. Odds are those will be top 10, with Halo, maybe R&C, Wii Play, and three slots for DS/360 (Brain Age, Orange Box, etc) to fight over. Hopefully GAF puts it as one of their specific games to get NPD data for, I'll be very curious to see how it does over the next two weeks.

I hope sales are strong for it.

Best Buy doesnt show it online, Gamestop is still in "prerelease" mode.

Finally Capcom will be rewarded with persistent Nintendo support (beyond RE4 of course).

I just went out to try to buy it, thinking it came out today. This little girl needs to remember shipping date and release date are two different things.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just went out to try to buy it, thinking it came out today. This little girl needs to remember shipping date and release date are two different things.[/quote]

DOH!

Hmm... I just saw this on the overview page on IGN:

Prior to the start of a stage, the game shares with you the percentage of testers who were able to clear the stage on their own, so you can get a feel for the difficulty.

That's kind of a cool difficulty gauge. Hopefully it wasn't something that was only in early builds.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']:cry: I can't spend more money! Damn you capcom![/quote]

Randy "Macho Man" Savage says BE A MAN!

4145YX7GQ9L._SS500_.jpg

Wow I have been following this game a little bit thanks to the IGN guys but I wasn't expecting it to get this good of reviews. It looks like a lot of fun and I think I will have to pick it up. There are starting to be a few hidden gems show up on the Wii recently. Two weeks ago I bought MLB: Power Pros and that game turned out to be awesome. And now it sounds like this game is sweet too. OH HOW MY WALLET HURTS!!!

Anybody get this game yet? Really want to use my $20 CC gift card but will settle for just getting the game! :cool:

[quote name='fdu']Anybody get this game yet? Really want to use my $20 CC gift card but will settle for just getting the game! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I forgot about my $24 cc gift card....

I just checked and at least CC's website shows the game, Best Buy doesn't even acknowledge it exists, and gamestops is still showing preorder...

User Impressions From IGN:

If I didn't have a pile of work to do I'd be back at home playing this gem. Take it from me, if you liked Wind Waker, you will dig this game. The environments are so lively, and the animation and art style is superb. I haven't got past the opening quest yet, but I can already tell I'm going to love this game. The expressions and lively character designs (talking about aside from the main cast) remind a lot of LoZ:WW's characters.

So far the sound and music are a little bland, nothing too atmospheric or epic, but I guess they get the job done. The real show here is the beautifully imagined environments, and the motion implementation, which feels to me like it's finally part of the game, and not a sidethought like it was in Metroid Prime 3. You actually have to time your motions, and some tasks take a few tries to get the hang of. It really feels like a new dimension, which I haven't experienced since Mario 64 pioneered analog movement within 3D stages. I'm really amazed it sells for $40, when it would easily bring in $50.

It kinda bothers me, I've been watching Buy.com's page for Zack and Wiki the past couple days and it had the Google Checkout option for it, but you couldn't use it as it was a preorder.

So I check this morning and find out that they disabled the Google Checkout for it. Grrr.

Although everyone keeps saying that Capcom used Wind Waker as their template, I will continue to insist that Megaman Legends was the basis of inspiration for Zack and Wiki. It even has the monkey!

Megamanlegends1.jpg

megamanlegends2.jpg

lilroll.gif

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=02mFLh0XuHk[/media]

With the reviews this is getting, it's definitely now on my "check out sometime" list despite my never liking point and click adventure games.

With my backlog I probably won't get to it until well into 2008 though.

Hmm... So no store will have this until when? Tomorrow? Next day? I was going to pick it up tonight.

And man, is it ever so refreshing to see a thread on CAG without everyone going "BOOO BOOOOO BOOOOOO fuck THIS GAME fuck IT IN THE NOSE!"

[quote name='MarioColbert']Hmm... So no store will have this until when? Tomorrow? Next day? I was going to pick it up tonight.

And man, is it ever so refreshing to see a thread on CAG without everyone going "BOOO BOOOOO BOOOOOO fuck THIS GAME fuck IT IN THE NOSE!"[/quote]
I wish I could fuck this game in the nose... I can only imagine the pleasures....

STORE LOCATOR:

Gamestop: http://web.sa.mapquest.com/gamestop/
Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&isCarFi=null
Circuit City: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=154701&c=1
Target: http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=store_locator_new

Call and ask if the game has come in.

I already called the GameStops, there are two in the area (like, a mile apart, too!) and they both said tomorrow. The most hope I have is for Blockbuster, because I know that the guys there put shit up as soon as they get it for whatever reason...

[quote name='MarioColbert']Hmm... So no store will have this until when? Tomorrow? Next day? I was going to pick it up tonight.

And man, is it ever so refreshing to see a thread on CAG without everyone going "BOOO BOOOOO BOOOOOO fuck THIS GAME fuck IT IN THE NOSE!"[/QUOTE]

yea, i just assumed it would be available on tuesday caues most games are. i checked though after i didn't get my friendly call from gamestop telling me my preordered game is availble. i will simply have to wait 1 more day.

[quote name='buttle']yea, i just assumed it would be available on tuesday caues most games are. i checked though after i didn't get my friendly call from gamestop telling me my preordered game is availble. i will simply have to wait 1 more day.[/quote]Aeris usually calls in the evening nowadays, should be getting a call after dinner. Few stores will have the game in before tomorrow.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Although everyone keeps saying that Capcom used Wind Waker as their template, I will continue to insist that Megaman Legends was the basis of inspiration for Zack and Wiki. It even has the monkey!

lilroll.gif
[/QUOTE]

I knew Wiki looked familiar! I just couldn't remember where I'd seen him before. That's definitely a better match than Wind Waker for the art style.

[quote name='buttle']yea, i just assumed it would be available on tuesday caues most games are. i checked though after i didn't get my friendly call from gamestop telling me my preordered game is availble. i will simply have to wait 1 more day.[/QUOTE]

yeah well if victorious boxers is any indication all the big chains claimed it was coming on 10/23/07, Some smaller chains got it on release day (10/16/07) and Best Buy just got it yesterday... amazingly this morning Best Buy online changed the release date back to the correct date of 10/16/07... I figure at this point why did they change it back?

The smaller games are taking longer and longer to get there apparently. I bought Mario Party 5 a week early at TRU when it came out.

Snake: Which adventure site are you running? There's been so many adventure games for DS announcements, it's like we're being bukkaked with puzzles. And Insecticide just got January 2008 Release date - but I couldn't find your old DS Adventures post (or maybe I didn't look)....

I've been going back and forth on this game, but I think I will lean back into "must get" mode. So since it's not out today, can I still "pre-order" at GS to guarantee myself a copy tomorrow/Thurs/Fri? Have some credits left over I can burn it on.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Snake: Which adventure site are you running? There's been so many adventure games for DS announcements, it's like we're being bukkaked with puzzles. And Insecticide just got January 2008 Release date - but I couldn't find your old DS Adventures post (or maybe I didn't look)....[/QUOTE]

I wish i was running a site, just a fan.

Heres the link to my thread. i need to update it apparently.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121071&highlight=adventure

[quote name='botticus']Uh oh, only an 8 from Play. The bubble is bursting! Granted, Play gets their review scores from a magic 8-ball, but still.[/quote]
Hasn't Play given reviews before that have been completely off base?

Oh yeah. It was that Lair review where they gave the game a 9 out of 10 when the rest of the industry reviews ranged it from average to broken. Hence the, "you don't know to play it; let us teach you with these brochures and big expensive artbooks (please give our game a better review grade)" quest Factor 5 and Sony went on.

According to Wikipedia, doesn't Play only cover Playstation games?

NOBODY has the damn game, and not a single Electronic Dept guy knew what the hell game I was talking about.

Best Buy Representative said that he can not find anything in the database for Zack, Wiki, or Treasure. Now, I would buy the first two - but TREASURE? Surely SOMETHING comes up in the Best Buy line under TREASURE. Unless, of course, he was running that search on his bong, in which case I stand corrected, though once again, I would imagine TREASURE would be well represented again.

[quote name='MarioColbert']NOBODY has the damn game, and not a single Electronic Dept guy knew what the hell game I was talking about.

Best Buy Representative said that he can not find anything in the database for Zack, Wiki, or Treasure. Now, I would buy the first two - but TREASURE? Surely SOMETHING comes up in the Best Buy line under TREASURE. Unless, of course, he was running that search on his bong, in which case I stand corrected, though once again, I would imagine TREASURE would be well represented again.[/quote]

Sorry buddy. You got hosed.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Sorry buddy. You got hosed.[/quote]

If Blockbuster "I played Football Back in High School" manager is working today, there's hope... Fingers crossed, but the morale is down. Way down.

[quote name='MisterHand']Amazon.com changed the release date from 10/23 to 10/26 earlier today.[/quote]

What a fucking cock tease!

Adventures on the PC always take a long time to show up on shelves after the street date (sometimes a week or two). I don't think it will be that long for Zack and Wiki, but I knew it wasn't going to be on shelves today either.

[quote name='Legolas813']Adventures on the PC always take a long time to show up on shelves after the street date (sometimes a week or two). I don't think it will be that long for Zack and Wiki, but I knew it wasn't going to be on shelves today either.[/quote]
Week or two my ass. Broken Sword 4 is still nowhere to be seen States-side. And that's a shame.

I'm leaving work in 45 minutes. I guess I should call Hastings, and both Blockbusters just to see what up.

EDIT: This is up: Blockbuster's getting ONE copy, Release date marked as 26th. Hastings said that it's "in transit." Wal-Mart said that they "do not carry it."

EDIT2: holy shit is the woman operator @ Toys R Us creepy as hell... they don't have it, either... listing as 25th. It seems tomorrow I'll be all up on in here telling you what a misunderstood GENIUS this game is. Either that, or be all up in a proper CAG tradition - with spewing hate, and sub-clever rhetoric. Also, cocks.

[quote name='botticus']Got the call from Aeris a short while ago as expected. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon![/quote]

You best leave us with impressions!

[quote name='Zen Davis']You best leave us with impressions![/quote]I won't be able to play it till 5pm, so I'm relying on the lazy jobless bastards here to start posting before I do.

I'm still sorta on the fence about this one...I want to pick it up with Naruto tomorrow...I didn't preorder one but I'm sure they must have at least one store copy I can pick up.

If I do get it I'm gonna trade in Bleach Wii so I dont screw up my established credit that i gonna be my holiday games budget ie all the big games one a week every week for the next 5 weeks lol.

I've always had an interest in this since its ben in development so yeah I think I will. If I ever want Bleach back again that badly it will drop like a rock fairly soon.

Ordered my copy early this month from Amazon for $29.99 (thanks to those Amazon gift cards that GameTap gives away every so often for answering surveys). Unfortunately it looks like Amazon is not shipping out the game until late this week or next, but I'm busy anyway so I can wait.

bread's done
Back