ZACK & WIKI! 300k Sold! BUY!!! $29.99 Now! IGN: 9.0! 1UP: 9.0! NP: 9.0! GS: 8.5!

Yeah, if it's fun I'll still get it. I just always expected it to be an adventure game.

It'd be like thinking Halo was always an FPS, but then you play it and it's a RTS (well it will be soon), although that's a little dramatic.

i gave in and pre ordered zack and wiki when i bought phantom hourglass. i could resist no longer. i'm hoping for very very difficult puzzles. takes me weeks to figure out puzzles. i can't wait.

[quote name='buttle']i gave in and pre ordered zack and wiki when i bought phantom hourglass. i could resist no longer. i'm hoping for very very difficult puzzles. takes me weeks to figure out puzzles. i can't wait.[/quote]

You may want to give Professor Layton for the DS a spin in November then. I've seen some of the puzzles that game has and they can be pretty damn hard.

[quote name='lebowsky']You may want to give Professor Layton for the DS a spin in November then. I've seen some of the puzzles that game has and they can be pretty damn hard.[/QUOTE]

i went and checked it out. that looks pretty interesting. i'll definitly give it a look come november.

I'm getting two copies maybe three for my brother for christmas. Adventure game genre on consoles is rare thing and I would like to see the market expand again with solid games like this, cant wait.

zack_wiki_whiteboard.jpg

We don't post Zack & Wiki screenshots out of obligation or monetary compensation. No, it's done out of pure love. Maybe it's actually guidance from a higher power, as I saw someone describe the Wii adventure game as an "average puzzler" and I expected nothing short of a proper smiting from the Lord. Regardless of our religious fervor for all things Zack, Wiki and Barbaros, some of these new and newish shots illustrate the new "whiteboard" feature that allows three backseat gamers to draw things on the screen. Arrows, circles, the occasional "FU"—it all adds to the multiplayer experience. Enjoy. That's an order.

zackwikioctober

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Wait how does this game incorporate 4 players[/quote]

They can fuck with you and give you a lot of bad advice.

I like how this game, Mario Galaxy, and a few others allow other players a degree of interaction in what is otherwise a single-player game. I think anyone who's married or otherwise has a significant other or just friends who game know that lots of times gaming in person means one person playing and one or more people simply watching. This is a nice way to let them be a little more involved, especially since most of the commercials/videos I've seen for Zack & Wiki emphasize that it's the kind of game where people besides the player are encouraged to point out solutions and help out.

Even more of a reason to pick it up... I have had the few occasions where I am specifically describing where to go on the screen, and my wife just doesn't see it (or doesn't understand my highly visual words) Either way this (I am sure) will lead to less "give me the remote" type situations.

Cool news.

[quote name='Snake2715']Even more of a reason to pick it up... I have had the few occasions where I am specifically describing where to go on the screen, and my wife just doesn't see it (or doesn't understand my highly visual words) Either way this (I am sure) will lead to less "give me the remote" type situations.[/quote]

Amen, brother.

[quote name='Rocko']No, Zack should be $20. Dewy looks much more interesting IMO. I probably won't touch this until it hits $30 at least, after reading about it on IGN.[/quote]
6.0 from GameSpot: http://tinyurl.com/2ruo4a

Read the review, it's funny. Time to hop on the Z & W train before it's too late! :lol:

I ordered the game from Amazon with Free Super Saver Shipping. Do you think they will send USPS? I really hope so. I hate UPS shipments.

$38.99 SHIPPED at www.deepdiscount.com.

Also, the orders for Super Mario Galaxy, Nights: Journey of Dreams, Trauma Center: New Blood, Thrillville: Off the Rails, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3 and others are each only $43.99 shipped (and Manhunt 2 is only $33.99)!

[quote name='4est']Anyone know if there is a preorder bonus or know of any deals for this game?[/quote]

I wish there was a preorder bonus :(

[quote name='MisterHand']Amazon's free shipping is always USPS.[/QUOTE]

The UPS guy who came to my house two days ago disagrees.

Anyway, 1 more week!

Yep, with amazon free shipping it's just a crap shoot in terms of what service they use and how long it takes to get to you.

Sometimes it's usps, sometimes UPS. Sometimes I get it in a couple of days, sometimes it's a couple of weeks.

Wow, this game looks better each time I see new screenshots. I'll most likely be getting this on release. (with store credit)

[quote name='botticus']In case anyone missed the memo, we are now going to refer to this game as Z-dub.[/quote]

Should I change the title to reflect this?

[quote name='Zen Davis']Should I change the title to reflect this?[/quote]Sure. Credit goes to IGN-Matt. It's actually Z-Dub, I was off with the capitalization.

[quote name='PhoenixT']isn't this Zack and Wiki like the prevous thread below?[/quote]

Same thread. We're now referring to the game as Z-Dub.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']What a horrible name.

I suspect the game is going to bomb though. Its out next week and hasnt cracked #500 at Amazon yet.[/quote]
Personally I would have hoped that the game would have remained Treasure Island Z.

Wait. Guys. We're just calling it Z-Dub for short. The game is still called Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure.

Screw it. I'll just change it back.

51HmWYwqKBL._SS400_.jpg
51CR9Thio6L._SS400_.jpg
51-uQ5TQx3L._SS400_.jpg

[quote name='dallow']Worst name possible.
Wow.

I still plan on giving it a try.[/quote]:rofl: I only wish they would change the name on the box to Z-Dub. Hopefully someone will make a custom cover that goes back to Treasure Island Z.

[quote name='botticus']:rofl: I only wish they would change the name on the box to Z-Dub. Hopefully someone will make a custom cover that goes back to Treasure Island Z.[/quote]

Japanese cover art.

pa.101601.1.jpg

One thing that people seem to miss is that this is a point-and-click adventure game, and that genre all but died a while ago. So the idea that a game in this genre can sell big is a bit misguided.

I want the game to do well because I like the genre, but if people stopped buying these types of games years ago it is going to take something special to make people start buying it again. While I think this game is good I don't know if it's good enough to revive the genre for anyone outside of Capcom.

Scrub,

I wouldnt say the genre died, its actually alive and doing ok on the PC front. I dont really ever remember it breaking into the console front to heavily.

Check out justadventure.com if you have never done that.

Even on PCs the genre has a much smaller presence than it used to. Its mostly small groups that do these things now. You dont have big companies that are commited to these things the same way that LucasArts was back in the day, for example.

I cant quote people now for some reason. I hear you Dr. Mario Kart its just that there is a surprisingly good amount fo adventure games still coming out. In other countries its a very strong genre maybe they will bring the game over there and find a large interest?

Eitherway beyond Lucas and Sierra (not being the real Sierra anymore) you are right there are no "EA's" of the adventure game business anymore. I guess the Adevnture Company is probably the largest publisher that I can think of off the top of my head.

I for one am lookin g forward to this game, and cannot wait.

I don't think anyone's expecting this to be a huge seller. It wouldn't be $39.99 if Capcom thought it would be a blockbuster.

It could be a solid niche/cult game and turn a profit though.

This game just dont exist in the outside world of Internet. Not a nod in wii section of ebgames or coming soon box. Not in next week's Best Buy ad. Start spreading the word or hand out flyers because the average gamer isnt going hear much about it. Going buy an extra one for my brother and sister in law.

[quote name='Snake2715']Check out justadventure.com if you have never done that.[/QUOTE]

A lot of adventure fanatics are against JustAdventure+, in my experience. www.adventuregamers.com is a much better option. (This is my personal opinon and preference, though.)

As for adventure games being dead, that's a myth that has been going on for years. There are many PC adventures released every year, it's just that most people outside the small niche adventure community don't pay attention to them.

I run a GameSpot Union about adventure games, by the way. http://unions.gamespot.com/classicadventur

bread's done
Back