Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have a pre-order at both Best Buy and Gamestop as I have enough credit at both stores.  I'd prefer to hang on to a pre-order at both stores, because Best Buy seriously fubar-ed me on a Pokemon 3DS XL system, and who knows how many systems Best Buy is going to have.  Long story short, I don't want to take any chances by pre-ordering at only one store.

Also, will head into Best Buy tomorrow to check out the pre-order situation.  Will report any results I find....

I've been eyeing that Amazon listing. As soon as/if they list it, I'm pre-ordering a second.

I'll have a pre-order at both Best Buy and Gamestop as I have enough credit at both stores. I'd prefer to hang on to a pre-order at both stores, because Best Buy seriously fubar-ed me on a Pokemon 3DS XL system, and who knows how many systems Best Buy is going to have. Long story short, I don't want to take any chances by pre-ordering at only one store.

Also, will head into Best Buy tomorrow to check out the pre-order situation. Will report any results I find....
How did Best Buy FUBAR you?

What? Is that a basement blog? I mean seriously.... you're going to contact Amazon.com about a product availability, get out sourced customer service, and then hang on their response as if it is a truth?

What? Is that a basement blog? I mean seriously.... you're going to contact Amazon.com about a product availability, get out sourced customer service, and then hang on their response as if it is a truth?
You have a point--"has no plans to release" is completely different from "does not plan to release".

A paraphrased response at that.

Buy 10 get a big box :)

Just kidding... but you're right. A single unit might end up in an envelope. Hopefully not though
you know the collectors are going to raise hell, if the outerbox of the zelda 3ds xl comes with crease, dent or bent. ON the other hand, you might see some at a discounted price on amazon warehouse.

I really hope amazon puts this up

edit: I hope they change their mind about not getting it

Anyone have luck pre ordering this in store yet? Tried yesterday and they couldn't do it. I need to pre order in store rather than online because I'll have certs come the week of release. They're all pending right now, so online is a no go.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought they were talking about bestbuy.com
We were posting about Amazon mailers because they keep ruining items with low width by sticking them in mailers.

I've seen Best Buy's crap. No padding on most items and they're sometimes sent with a label on the item itself.

Is picking up at the store better than shipping to your address for Best Buy?

I normally buy at the store and have never ordered from them, and I'd really like the box to arrive in good shape...

I normally buy at the store and have never ordered from them, and I'd really like the box to arrive in good shape...
In my opinion I would assume in store pick up is typically better than shipping to home. The most obvious problem is if you ship to home then Best Buy is only shipping a single item whereas if you ship to store the item probably comes packaged with other items. To put it simply, one box that might be mishandled by UPS or a big box with multiple items in it with better protection.

In my opinion I would assume in store pick up is typically better than shipping to home. The most obvious problem is if you ship to home then Best Buy is only shipping a single item whereas if you ship to store the item probably comes packaged with other items. To put it simply, one box that might be mishandled by UPS or a big box with multiple items in it with better protection.

With instore pickup you still run the risk of warehouse dinging it up, or they slap a huge sticker on it with your name on it. I've had lots of collectors editions ruined because of bestbuy instore pickup stickers.

I've also had a lot of instore pickup orders go "lost" or they "cant' find it" and with something as valuable as this someone in the warehouse could easily buy it themselves or give it to another customer.

From all my bad experiences with in store pickup i would do ship to home to be safe.. but that's just me.

If you care about the packaging, I would avoid having BBY ship something to you at all costs. Everything I've ordered from them - games, Criterion blurays and a PS3 Sharpshooter bundle, arrived crushed and/or damaged. They use no protection. At all. They just throw it in a plastic bag, slap a label on it and off it goes. Sometimes they just bypass the bag, and label the actual item itself. I always use in store pickup. If it's not available, I'll just hold off until someone else has it at the same price or cheaper. But, this is only based in my personal experience.

....they slap a huge sticker on it with your name on it. I've had lots of collectors editions ruined because of bestbuy instore pickup stickers.

.....and with something as valuable as this someone in the warehouse could easily buy it themselves or give it to another customer.
I agree with the stickers.

However I don't think you'll have to worry about these being taken by employees due to scarcity... I am guessing because of when they are released that there will be lots of these. Doesn't mean they won't eventually sell out (of course they will) but don't think 1-2 per store; think 10-20.

I agree with the stickers.

However I don't think you'll have to worry about these being taken by employees due to scarcity... I am guessing because of when they are released that there will be lots of these. Doesn't mean they won't eventually sell out (of course they will) but don't think 1-2 per store; think 10-20.
well if they will be so plentiful there's no reason to do instore pickup anyway, just buy it in the store when it's released and buy the one in the best condition.

Or just have them ship it to home and exchange it for one in store if there is any damage to it.

I've had many of my orders for in store pickup go missing or sold to other people, which is why i dont trust them anymore.

You would think so, but not based on my experience. I ordered 3 Criterion blu's - two of them with the cardboard digipak packaging, from BBY in June when they had their Criterion sale, and they just threw all three blu's in a plastic bag. When I got them, the two digipak blu's were completely crushed and the case on the other one was cracked. I couldn't exchange them because BBY no longer carries Criterion blu's in store. That was the last straw for me, and I will never have anything shipped from BBY again. I have yet to have a problem with an in store pickup.

I think we can all agree that it just depends on your particular Best Buy store. I've ordered plenty of items using Best Buy in store pick up and have never had any issues. I guess it has a lot to do with the particular team that works at your particular store. For instance, I ordered a 1600 Xbox point card last week and they said my order was ready for pick up. I went to the store and they informed me that the 1600 point card is not used by Microsoft anymore (which I already knew). In the end they gave me a $25 point card with a $5 price adjustment for my troubles.

The sticker issue also hasn't been an issue with my store either. They typically use a small piece of tape to put the receipt on there but I have never had a giant sticker plastered to any of my packages. But I think every experience is different for everyone. I've ordered stuff from both GameStop and Best Buy and used ship to home and my package wasn't destroyed or mishandled. 

I've heard the horror stories and I know they are real. In the end I guess we just throw it up to chance; just go with your gut feeling.

I think we can all agree that it just depends on your particular Best Buy store. I've ordered plenty of items using Best Buy in store pick up and have never had any issues. I guess it has a lot to do with the particular team that works at your particular store. For instance, I ordered a 1600 Xbox point card last week and they said my order was ready for pick up. I went to the store and they informed me that the 1600 point card is not used by Microsoft anymore (which I already knew). In the end they gave me a $25 point card with a $5 price adjustment for my troubles.

The sticker issue also hasn't been an issue with my store either. They typically use a small piece of tape to put the receipt on there but I have never had a giant sticker plastered to any of my packages. But I think every experience is different for everyone. I've ordered stuff from both GameStop and Best Buy and used ship to home and my package wasn't destroyed or mishandled.

I've heard the horror stories and I know they are real. In the end I guess we just throw it up to chance; just go with your gut feeling.
I never had a problem either that was a huge mistake. Maybe the occasional item couldn't be found email. Most likely due to laziness or an employee hiding the last copy. I've had the huge sticker on products but they are the sensitive kind that don't leave any residue. I love store pickup, I absolutely hate shipping unless it's from a place that I have no choice but to get it shipped. Gamefly etc.....

well if they will be so plentiful there's no reason to do instore pickup anyway, just buy it in the store when it's released and buy the one in the best condition.

Or just have them ship it to home and exchange it for one in store if there is any damage to it.

I've had many of my orders for in store pickup go missing or sold to other people, which is why i dont trust them anymore.
My gut tells me to do store pickup, even though I've never had a problem with their shipping. Beyond that, if there's a problem, I'll have to go to the store anyway to deal with it.

>>>>

About the interior being gold, I think it looks better from a cosmetic point of view when looking at it closed--it's uniformly gold, except for the bottom. In the end, I have to have me gold! (my Scrooge McDuck impression)

Has anyone experienced pre-ordering something and their store not receiving it?

My gut tells me to do store pickup, even though I've never had a problem with their shipping. Beyond that, if there's a problem, I'll have to go to the store anyway to deal with it.

>>>>

About the interior being gold, I think it looks better from a cosmetic point of view when looking at it closed--it's uniformly gold, except for the bottom. In the end, I have to have me gold! (my Scrooge McDuck impression)

Has anyone experienced pre-ordering something and their store not receiving it?
I can see the gold paint actually being something not so handy. If you play games for a long amounts of time the paint will eventually come off.

I can see the gold paint actually being something not so handy. If you play games for a long amounts of time the paint will eventually come off.
I was thinking the same. I'll have BB warranty, I'm not too worried about it though. They will replace it for any reason. I know it won't be the Zelda one again though. I would only exchange it if it gets to bad.

I was considering picking up a second 3ds just because this one is the Zelda edition. I originally had the black cosmo and then eventually upgraded to the Pikachu XL (which I love). 

As much as another LE handheld would be I don't think I can justify spending another 220 when next gen is on the horizon. If it was that Japanese Black Charizard thats a different story though...

I was thinking the same. I'll have BB warranty, I'm not too worried about it though. They will replace it for any reason. I know it won't be the Zelda one again though. I would only exchange it if it gets to bad.
I hate things that are colored. I have a silver xbox controller the paint completely came off on the grips from me playing CoD back when I used to play.

Id recommend getting something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Comfort-Grip/dp/B008XHCLFO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1383441220&sr=8-5&keywords=3ds+xl+silicone+case

I have silicone on all my xbox controllers that have paint on them just because I dont want that to happen again. I tend to sweat from my hands more then other people I guess?

Silicon/rubberized grip is a bad idea. It compresses dirt and dust so just a few months in a normal room can get you a layer of grossness between the console and the skin. It's worse with matted finishes.

Damn. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm reading about people's experiences with paint coming off.

I was considering picking up a second 3ds just because this one is the Zelda edition. I originally had the black cosmo and then eventually upgraded to the Pikachu XL (which I love).

As much as another LE handheld would be I don't think I can justify spending another 220 when next gen is on the horizon. If it was that Japanese Black Charizard thats a different story though...
Well after buying 3 at Walmart with Targets price, pink for my sister, blue Mario Kart 7 for my little bro, and a Pikachu for me, I think Ill hold on this one. I already bought the WW Wii U bundle and I shouldnt have bought a 2nd Wii U. I do like the gold 3DS but not as much as the yellow Pikachu. If I could get rid of the blue Mario Kart 7 one then Id definitely upgrade and sell the code off for a physical copy.

I may wait for the Luigi 3DS one but I honestly dont like it that much. Just seems alittle much.

Silicon/rubberized grip is a bad idea. It compresses dirt and dust so just a few months in a normal room can get you a layer of grossness between the console and the skin. It's worse with matted finishes.
If you dont clean things regularly I can see that being a problem but, otherwise no. Unless your lazy and like dusty things I guess?

I clean all my things on the daily I hate dust.

Well after buying 3 at Walmart with Targets price, pink for my sister, blue Mario Kart 7 for my little bro, and a Pikachu for me, I think Ill hold on this one. I already bought the WW Wii U bundle and I shouldnt have bought a 2nd Wii U. I do like the gold 3DS but not as much as the yellow Pikachu. If I could get rid of the blue Mario Kart 7 one then Id definitely upgrade and sell the code off for a physical copy.

I may wait for the Luigi 3DS one but I honestly dont like it that much. Just seems alittle much.
Is the Luigi 3DS XL confirmed for the US? I haven't seen any solid reports for that other than it is going to Europe.

Is the Luigi 3DS XL confirmed for the US? I haven't seen any solid reports for that other than it is going to Europe.
No it hasnt had anything confirmed for the US but I assume it would be. Charizard still hasnt come over either. So maybe both Luigi and Charizard will never come over.

I dont know if its confimation but, I work at GS and my boss was talking to us about it coming out. He was also talking to us about the zelda 3ds at the sametime so Id say yes?

If you dont clean things regularly I can see that being a problem but, otherwise no. Unless your lazy and like dusty things I guess?

I clean all my things on the daily I hate dust.
I take good care of my handhelds.

It becomes a bigger issue as the grip becomes loose.

Oh, yeah. The grip becomes loose.

I take good care of my handhelds.

It becomes a bigger issue as the grip becomes loose.

Oh, yeah. The grip becomes loose.
Instead of using the grip case I opted for the clear 3DS XL case. It protects the outside from scratches without covering up the art. I also threw down a screen protector on the bottom screen to protect from stylus scratches (my original ds was really scratched up on the bottom screen from the stock stylus).

Instead of using the grip case I opted for the clear 3DS XL case. It protects the outside from scratches without covering up the art. I also threw down a screen protector on the bottom screen to protect from stylus scratches (my original ds was really scratched up on the bottom screen from the stock stylus).
That's much better. Nerf cases are okay, but they do have poor hard plastic design. They would be a great option otherwise.

Where can I find a case like this for cheap?

DSC03259.jpg

bread's done
Back