Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I find a case like this for cheap?

DSC03259.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Reusable-Protector-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B0094PE832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383444162&sr=8-1&keywords=plastic+3ds+case

Your welcome :p

I dont know if its confimation but, I work at GS and my boss was talking to us about it coming out. He was also talking to us about the zelda 3ds at the sametime so Id say yes?
GS will have a Luigi Mansion bundle. I think it's a new color palette 3ds xl, just not the Luigi LE that Europe's getting.

The Best Buy closest to me says they will not be offering in-store pre-orders for the Zelda XL. :/

It's to bad Amazon doesn't really like Nintendo since the first 3DS launch.  Here's hoping they put this pre-order out. 

Word of warning for those who want these plastic covers; I've heard from a few people who've used them that the cases scratched the edges of the top or bottom half of the units from where the covers snap on. May or may not happen to anyone here, but it's happened before.
I was wondering about that. Given there is a moving part (opening/closing) in the 3ds, the constant rubbing might be an issue at some point. I have one of these for my vita but since there is no opening/closing, it should be ok. I may look elsewhere as I don't want my XL to get scratched up.

I was wondering about that. Given there is a moving part (opening/closing) in the 3ds, the constant rubbing might be an issue at some point. I have one of these for my vita but since there is no opening/closing, it should be ok. I may look elsewhere as I don't want my XL to get scratched up.
If you use it long enough, I can guarantee you will get scratches. If you are OCD, you will notice, if not it'll look fine. If you look at a handheld that's been kept in one of those clear cases under a bright light you will see little hairline scratches and swirls.

What I use for my handhelds is this: http://www.skinomi.com/sk11415-nintendo-3ds-xl-skin-protector.html

I do this for all my handhelds (and home consoles) and it never has any scratches whatsoever when I've removed it years after to resell it. Of course I also use some sort of hard case when transporting it around. Again, if you aren't super OCD, you probably don't want to do this.

Also something to consider is you may not like the feel of your console with the clear skin on it. But for me I like it because it actually feels much more grippy. I also have my Zelda Limited Edition Wii U controller covered with this as well. It's great if you want to protect your stuff without having to use it in some sort of silicone sleeve.

I got a Pikachu XL from Target and those were gone 5 minutes after the store opened FYI, but keep in mind that it was also on sale for 160 bucks and also had a Club Nintendo Free Starfox deal going on as well. I like this Zelda one a lot more than my Pikachu XL and realized that I can sell my Pikachu one used and get this and pocket a hundred bucks or so as well. I'm going to check my local GS to preorder this today.

I'm gonna eBay my Pikachu one to end on the 22nd, will transfer that day and ship it off when its paid for.

If you use it long enough, I can guarantee you will get scratches. If you are OCD, you will notice, if not it'll look fine. If you look at a handheld that's been kept in one of those clear cases under a bright light you will see little hairline scratches and swirls.

What I use for my handhelds is this: http://www.skinomi.com/sk11415-nintendo-3ds-xl-skin-protector.html

I do this for all my handhelds (and home consoles) and it never has any scratches whatsoever when I've removed it years after to resell it. Of course I also use some sort of hard case when transporting it around. Again, if you aren't super OCD, you probably don't want to do this.

Also something to consider is you may not like the feel of your console with the clear skin on it. But for me I like it because it actually feels much more grippy. I also have my Zelda Limited Edition Wii U controller covered with this as well. It's great if you want to protect your stuff without having to use it in some sort of silicone sleeve.
I think I've heard of this company before. Do you think the Zelda design will peel off from it being on there for so long? Is it engraved on the gamepad? That's the console I'm getting but wondering about that design rubbing off.

So would I, but anything is only worth as much as you can get for it. Some people were buying the Pokemon 3DS XLs for well over MSRP while you could still get them from GameStop.

However I also agree with the notion that it's impossible to gauge whether or not something will truly be rare/limited/valuable so far from release.
My rule for flipping:

Hold your pre-order so long as there's pre-release demand on eBay, and sell fast.

So long as the idiots are buying, you might as well use them. I sold five Dev Editions while they were still in stock. I was just selling them and then using the buyer's money to purchase. :rofl: If you're buying to hold on to for a while though, I'd recommend only doing that with something you like, because you may end up getting stuck with it.

Stop hoping Amazon will put it up, they haven't put a console up for presale since the original 3DS days.

How did Best Buy FUBAR you?
Well, a couple weeks before release, I called in and asked if they were taking pre-orders, lady said she didn't know. I went in about a week and a half before the system launched, and system was in the pre-order database. Thought, "Okay, I'll print one out." Printed it out, took it to the register, lady said it wouldn't scan. Took it to the customer service desk, typed the sku in manually. Said there was an error. Half hour later, I just said I'd be back tomorrow, maybe it'd be sorted out by then.

Well, came back the next day, I tried printing the pre-order, it wouldn't print this time. Talked to a manager about it, they said they would be getting 7 in, to check back later when their machines were working and they'd replaced the printer tape. I said okay. Took another half hour or so.

4 days before it launched, I checked with them and they said that there were 3 people who pre-ordered it and they weren't taking pre-orders anymore on it. Asked if they were going to have extras on hand, and said, as before, they'd be getting 7 in and to come to the store early. Took about 45 minutes.

Got there 3 minutes after they opened on launch day, and they said that they only got the 3 for pre-orders, just for the people that pre-ordered the system. No more.

"Well, shoot, when are you getting another shipment in?" "By Thursday" (or a week or so after it came out, I think).

So I came back on Thursday, there was a display case for the system on display. I thought "Great, finally this ordeal has come to an end." Took it to the desk, lady went to look for it. Couldn't find it and said they didn't have any on hand and didn't know why the display case was out there. I asked if they could order one for me online, they couldn't. Asked if I could Store Pickup the item. So she checked and I couldn't. Asked if there was any of the system at other Best Buys, locally, if she could do a Store Transfer. She said there was one at Salem (45 minutes to an hour away, and I can't drive). And that she could do a Store Transfer, unfortunately the Store Transfer machine was down.

So, all in all, I'm glad that I wasn't able to procure a Pokemon 3DS XL, as I love the Zelda system infinitely more. However, this whole experience has given me a sour feeling in my stomach in regards to my ability to snag a Zelda system from Best Buy.

I checked on Saturday, and the Zelda system Pre-Order option isn't in the self service console computer. Haven't checked with any manager or supervisor in regards to the matter, but I'll be stopping back in tomorrow to trade in some things.

Stop hoping Amazon will put it up, they haven't put a console up for presale since the original 3DS days.
and they didn't sell 3DS XL consoles until last week when they just started selling them again

since they're selling them again there is always a possibility of them getting this one for preorder.

Well, a couple weeks before release, I called in and asked if they were taking pre-orders, lady said she didn't know. I went in about a week and a half before the system launched, and system was in the pre-order database. Thought, "Okay, I'll print one out." Printed it out, took it to the register, lady said it wouldn't scan. Took it to the customer service desk, typed the sku in manually. Said there was an error. Half hour later, I just said I'd be back tomorrow, maybe it'd be sorted out by then.
pokemon 3ds XLs were never available for in store preorder.. the preorders they had were probably people who preordered online for pickup in store.

and they didn't sell 3DS XL consoles until last week when they just started selling them again

since they're selling them again there is always a possibility of them getting this one for preorder.
Like I said.. Amazon does not put Nintendo consoles up for "PRESALE" anymore. This won't change unless their distrobution deparment makes amends with Nintendo. So don't hold your breath.

tldr: tried to preorder Pokemon 3DS XL in store and failed
I preordered online with in store pick up... I've asked a couple of times in store and everyone is clueless.

Best bet is to preorder online...

If you dont have a computer or internet. use the computers at Best Buy.

Only use cash? Buy an Amex gift card.

I think I've heard of this company before. Do you think the Zelda design will peel off from it being on there for so long? Is it engraved on the gamepad? That's the console I'm getting but wondering about that design rubbing off.
No it won't. It also won't turn yellow like the invisible shield ones do. I've peeled these off from my LE dissidia PSP and LE FF7 crisis core PSP before.

Moreover from what I've seen the triforce design is etched not painted on.

No it won't. It also won't turn yellow like the invisible shield ones do. I've peeled these off from my LE dissidia PSP and LE FF7 crisis core PSP before.

Moreover from what I've seen the triforce design is etched not painted on.
Ok. Thanks. Hmm.. I asked because I saw someone mention paint rubbing off of a 3DS. I don't think it had anything to do with a shield. Just hoping that gamepad design is quality built to last. Etched is good! Means it shouldn't get stuck to a shield over time!:)

pokemon 3ds XLs were never available for in store preorder.. the preorders they had were probably people who preordered online for pickup in store.
I went in today and they had the pre-order tickets available for the Zelda bundle. Tried to take it to a register and pre-order, didn't work. It seems as if the same thing is happening as the Pokemon system. You may be right about that....

My big question is, however, why was it listed on the in store pre-order printout-computer? And why was I able to print it out and take it to the register if its not available for in store pre-order?

I preordered online with in store pick up... I've asked a couple of times in store and everyone is clueless.

Best bet is to preorder online...

If you dont have a computer or internet. use the computers at Best Buy.

Only use cash? Buy an Amex gift card.
I've got enough in gift cards to cover the cost. I just want to be sure that I'm able to secure one and that it won't be a colossal failure. Also, that I wouldn't have to tie up all this trade and something happens....

Well, came back the next day, I tried printing the pre-order, it wouldn't print this time. Talked to a manager about it, they said they would be getting 7 in, to check back later when their machines were working and they'd replaced the printer tape. I said okay. Took another half hour or so.

4 days before it launched, I checked with them and they said that there were 3 people who pre-ordered it and they weren't taking pre-orders anymore on it. Asked if they were going to have extras on hand, and said, as before, they'd be getting 7 in and to come to the store early. Took about 45 minutes.

Got there 3 minutes after they opened on launch day, and they said that they only got the 3 for pre-orders, just for the people that pre-ordered the system. No more.

"Well, shoot, when are you getting another shipment in?" "By Thursday" (or a week or so after it came out, I think).

So I came back on Thursday, there was a display case for the system on display. I thought "Great, finally this ordeal has come to an end." Took it to the desk, lady went to look for it. Couldn't find it and said they didn't have any on hand and didn't know why the display case was out there. I asked if they could order one for me online, they couldn't. Asked if I could Store Pickup the item. So she checked and I couldn't. Asked if there was any of the system at other Best Buys, locally, if she could do a Store Transfer. She said there was one at Salem (45 minutes to an hour away, and I can't drive). And that she could do a Store Transfer, unfortunately the Store Transfer machine was down.

So, all in all, I'm glad that I wasn't able to procure a Pokemon 3DS XL, as I love the Zelda system infinitely more. However, this whole experience has given me a sour feeling in my stomach in regards to my ability to snag a Zelda system from Best Buy.

I checked on Saturday, and the Zelda system Pre-Order option isn't in the self service console computer. Haven't checked with any manager or supervisor in regards to the matter, but I'll be stopping back in tomorrow to trade in some things.
That really sucks.

As a employee of BB. I am going to be honest with you i highly doubt the LOZ 3DS XL will be on the in store preorder screen/machine. Ours hasn't been updated and hardly anyone knows about except me and one other employee. I decided to just preorder mine online and pick it up at my own store. I suggest you do the same if possible. Especially since its comes out the same day as the Xbox One (if your store has a midnight opening) it technically should be available at the same time. So it only takes one scalper to walk off with as many as the manager will let them.

That really sucks.

As a employee of BB. I am going to be honest with you i highly doubt the LOZ 3DS XL will be on the in store preorder screen/machine. Ours hasn't been updated and hardly anyone knows about except me and one other employee. I decided to just preorder mine online and pick it up at my own store. I suggest you do the same if possible. Especially since its comes out the same day as the Xbox One (if your store has a midnight opening) it technically should be available at the same time. So it only takes one scalper to walk off with as many as the manager will let them.
I can upload pics if you like..... Pics because it happened!

I can upload pics if you like..... Pics because it happened!
here is your answer,

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Zelda-3DS-XL-in-store-pre-order/td-p/722387/page/2

I heard back from the team that I asked about this and I wanted to provide you with the information that I received. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like this is something that we’ll be taking pre-orders for in-store. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes as I know you were hoping to be able to put down a deposit to place your pre-order. We do still have the options for pre-ordering it through BestBuy.com for either Store Pickup or shipping if you’re interested.

Thanks for reaching out, and I’ll definitely post back if I happen to hear that this has changed.

Sincerely,

Nice job on keeping people updated.  SO... No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB.  Do they usually have pre-orders on systems?  Maybe they want to have the advertisements bring people in.

Also, should I get this or the PS Vita?  Don't know what games the Vita has, thinking of going with the DS cause I love Zelda, but the PS4/PS Vita thing intrigues me.

No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB. Do they usually have pre-orders on systems?
I did my WiiU pre-order in-store.

Went and told the worker I wanted to pre-order. All he did was walk me over to the kiosk and input it for me.

It worked and I got my system on launch day. But it always felt sketchy as to whether they WOULD hold it for me. That's why I made sure to show up right away. Even tried to see if they would release it to me the night before just to make sure they even had'em in stock :)

Also, should I get this or the PS Vita? Don't know what games the Vita has, thinking of going with the DS cause I love Zelda, but the PS4/PS Vita thing intrigues me.
I'd lean towards the 3ds xl only because it's unlikely they'll release another Zelda themed 3ds XL (maybe a 2ds one ;) )

And the PS4/Vita thing will probably be another half-ass pipe dream. That's the drawback to add-ons.

I'd lean towards the 3ds xl only because it's unlikely they'll release another Zelda themed 3ds XL (maybe a 2ds one ;) )

And the PS4/Vita thing will probably be another half-ass pipe dream. That's the drawback to add-ons.
Machine wise the Vita destroys the 3DS. I love the big screen and the look of games on it. It has games you just have to look alittle for them. If you want Mario, Luigi, and Zelda then yeah get a 3DS

Nice job on keeping people updated. SO... No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB. Do they usually have pre-orders on systems? Maybe they want to have the advertisements bring people in.
they haven't done preorders instore for any of the limited edition 3ds xls

I rather ask, and rely on the community cause they might let me know of a 3ds xl deal somewhere. Thanks though.
Touché.

Lowest I've seen is $169.99 and I think that's rare.

A copy of Zelda is $40, so yeah, it's cheaper to do it separate if you don't care about the Triforce logo.

I'm sure we'll see some sales leading up to BF, etc.

Thanks. So is this a good deal, or is it cheaper to get a regular 3ds xl and the zelda game separately?
The normal retail price of the XL is 200 and Zelda is 40. The bundle is 220 so you are saving 20 bucks. However, note that the bundle's Zelda is download code only. I am more a physical media person but didn't want to pass up this XL so I made an exception. Sometimes the XLs go on sale though. Sometimes you get a sale + LE release, which is how I got my Pikachu 3DS XL the day of release for 160 (like many other CAG members). The Limited Edition systems keep their resale value though so I would not hesitate to pick this up. I am now able to get this Zelda XL for the price of selling my used Pikachu XL and I will have about 100 dollars extra too.

I was all ready to buy one and then saw cheap ass Nintendo provides a download code instead of the physical game. I hate digital media when there is a physical release

I was all ready to buy one and then saw cheap ass Nintendo provides a download code instead of the physical game. I hate digital media when there is a physical release
You could always sell the digital to someone on here and buy the physical copy yourself. You wouldn't even have to mail it, just send them the code by PM.

bread's done
Back