Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I understand that you want information of the bonus bundle for pre-order of Game Stop for the Gold/Black 3DS XL with The Legend of Zelda : A Link Between Worlds. Let me look into this for you.

I have checked our website and found out that the bonus offer for the pre-order item is not available anymore.

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding."
Lmao.

So any confirmation on whether or not those who preordered prior to the bonus oracle of ages was revealed will be eligible for that free game?
If you pre-ordered the game on its own, yes there has been.

As for the bundle... Still not clear (though someone from BB said no, even with it still being on website).

This is going to be a shitstorm. I changed my preorder to Best Buy because they advertised a free Oracle of Ages with the 3DS XL.

So I called BB and was transferred to their sales dept. Brenda didn't know about the promo and I walked her through the website so she could see it. After reading it she kept saying it does come with the bundle but the tone in her voice implied she wasn't sure. I keep telling her she didn't seem confident in her answer because of her tone and after a little back and forth I told her it's ok if she doesn't have the answer as long as she can get it. I informed her the promo isn't clear as the wording doesn't quite match the picture and would be considered false advertising and that they would have a lot of angry customers if it isn't cleared up. She took it higher and came back telling me it's a promo from Nintendo and that BB is just advertising it for them. I informed her Nintendo isn't giving away the code for preorders on their website but I would confirm and tell them what I find out.

I called Nintendo and the rep hadn't even heard of the Zelda bundle but after looking for it she recognized the Gold color. Anyways, after being on hold and checking with her supers she stated Nintendo only knows of the GameStop promo and it is only valid for the game and not the bundle there. They don't know anything about BB's promo.

I will update this post when and if Brenda from BB calls me back.

So I called BB and was transferred to their sales dept. Brenda didn't know about the promo and I walked her through the website so she could see it. After reading it she kept saying it does come with the bundle but the tone in her voice implied she wasn't sure. I keep telling her she didn't seem confident in her answer because of her tone and after a little back and forth I told her it's ok if she doesn't have the answer as long as she can get it. I informed her the promo isn't clear as the wording doesn't quite match the picture and would be considered false advertising and that they would have a lot of angry customers if it isn't cleared up. She took it higher and came back telling me it's a promo from Nintendo and that BB is just advertising it for them. I informed her Nintendo isn't giving away the code for preorders on their website but I would confirm and tell them what I find out.

I called Nintendo and the rep hadn't even heard of the Zelda bundle but after looking for it she recognized the Gold color. Anyways, after being on hold and checking with her supers she stated Nintendo only knows of the GameStop promo and it is only valid for the game and not the bundle there. They don't know anything about BB's promo.

I will update this post when and if Brenda from BB calls me back.
brenda ain't calling you back that is for sure, when i had issues with bestbuy, and they told me they would contact me in a few hours. They never do, i always have to be the one to call back.

brenda ain't calling you back that is for sure, when i had issues with bestbuy, and they told me they would contact me in a few hours. They never do, i always have to be the one to call back.
I really don't expect her to call back but I will be calling when I get home.

I kept my original preorder from before anything was posted about the DLC. Now it definitely doesn't seem worthwhile to re-preorder. I'll just save a screenshot of the offer and call customer service if I don't receive a code after I pick up my order. I don't think we'll get any kind of definitive answer for the time being.

I don't really condone this, but with the uncertainty in the offer, I'll throw it out there anyway. You could always pre-order the game (while keeping the 3DS XL pre-order) and return just the game after pick-up and receiving the OoA code. Shit, you just might end up with two codes that way. :)

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Lol, I was the one who made that thread!

But ya I cant believe that...maybe I'll try my luck with in store - I've also printed out a screencap of the promo that was on BB.

Not sure how much it will help....oh well.

As expected, she didn't call back and I was too busy to call yesterday. I talked to three different people today and finally was transferred to Maria in the Back Office. She confirmed we will be getting the free Oracle of Ages code with the Zelda 3DS XL bundle and if don't receive it to call 1-800-931-3713. I won't post her ID number for the time being though. If anyone else gets the time, please call the number to see if they say the same thing. If they get enough calls they may make sure we all get it so we don't have to deal with it later.

As expected, she didn't call back and I was too busy to call yesterday. I talked to three different people today and finally was transferred to Maria in the Back Office. She confirmed we will be getting the free Oracle of Ages code with the Zelda 3DS XL bundle and if don't receive it to call 1-800-931-3713. I won't post her ID number for the time being though. If anyone else gets the time, please call the number to see if they say the same thing. If they get enough calls they may make sure we all get it so we don't have to deal with it later.
you should of told her to put the conversation of the issue as a case, so when issues arise from this, you can reference to a case #. now you will be sol.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this but does anything think amazon will get this for pre-order? I have a bunch of credit with them so I'd really prefer to purchase it from them.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this but does anything think amazon will get this for pre-order? I have a bunch of credit with them so I'd really prefer to purchase it from them.

It's as good a place as any to ask. Unfortunately someone got a response back from Amazon on this a while ago and they were told that Amazon will not be carrying it. I honestly don't remember who said it or which Zelda 3DS XL thread it was in, but it sounded legit and given that everyone else has already started taking preorders and the system is out in just a few weeks anyway, I would be surprised if they did put it up at this point.

It's as good a place as any to ask. Unfortunately someone got a response back from Amazon on this a while ago and they were told that Amazon will not be carrying it. I honestly don't remember who said it or which Zelda 3DS XL thread it was in, but it sounded legit and given that everyone else has already started taking preorders and the system is out in just a few weeks anyway, I would be surprised if they did put it up at this point.
That sucks, but thanks for the heads up man. Now I'm not sure if I want to pick this up for full price or get a cheaper 3ds xl on Black Friday.

I ended up changing my pre order to Gamestop. Tax was $18.15 at Best Buy. No tax at Gamestop, is much better. I'm using trade credit, that's why no tax.

I redeemed a $25 cash back offer with AmEx for buying $250 with Best Buy. Doesn't have to be on same receipt as long as before the end of the year I believe.

Pay with Discover card through ShopDiscover and get 10% back (5% through the quarterly promotion and 5% through Shop Discover).
What quarterly promotion are you talking about? I have a discover card and 10% off (or equivalently 10% back) would definitely get me to pre-order this.

Still torn between this and a regular black 3DS. I tend to enjoy physical copies more than digital but I rather enjoy digital copies on handhelds since I've had my Vita.

Might go with a black one for $150 on bf....sigh

Feeling better than ever about my pre-order now that the reviews are coming in:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds
Uh, it's Zelda. Ya don't need "reviews"

Still torn between this and a regular black 3DS. I tend to enjoy physical copies more than digital but I rather enjoy digital copies on handhelds since I've had my Vita.
Might go with a black one for $150 on bf....sigh
Yea I wouldn't be against getting the black one, there's a Khols bundle with paper Mario if you have one near. The regular 3ds is great as is too. Sharper and brighter screen, louder speakers etc.

The pre-orders aren't sold out anywhere for the zelda 3ds xl

i seriously doubt many of you are going to recoup anything, it doesn't seem very "limited"

i seriously doubt many of you are going to recoup anything, it doesn't seem very "limited"

That's how I felt about the X/Y system too. A week after release I saw them everywhere, now I can't find them.

After watching the ign unboxing video I went ahead and preordered.

I don't want to recoup anything from it, I just want a gold Zelda system. :D

Lol, too true. I have the original Zelda 3DS and this is next. Nothing about this has to do with making money down the road.

This is what was said for the Pikachu XL, except Gamestop was the only place that did pre-orders. People also thought they would be able to walk in the store any time and buy it, I had to be there when Target opened and can assure you they were gone in 5 minutes and if I didn't go there in time I would have not got one. Now I'm able to sell that used for a profit to get my Zelda one instead. It's never about recouping, it's about playing smart and ensuring you get an item you like. I preordered the Zelda XL at Gamestop because I don't take any chances.

Spotted in the wild!

4m8oHGn.jpg

...Best buy is doing a midnight for the PS4, if I can get in and cash out my credit for a Visa gift card, there's a Walmart 5 minutes away...damn it, I'll have a PS4 by then and won't give a F*** about the 3DS.

bread's done
Back