Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like what I'll do Friday morning. Did any BBY reps say that would/should work?
Yea, I called in early to PreOrder a second. The Customer Service guy said that I could get a post purchase price match once the sale kicks in, since the ad says the sale is only on Nov. 22-23

Does anyone know if BB will be getting stocks in-store for those who didn't pre-order online? They didn't have the bundle advertised on this week's ad, so I'm wondering if it'll be there on the 22nd or not... I'm also wondering if you can purchase it during the XB1's midnight launch on select stores.

Man if only I didn't pre-order at Gamestop, I know they definitely never have and never will price match. Oh well.

Could I call and pricematch a BestBuy.com order that is just shipped to me (not store pickup)? 

Could I call and pricematch a BestBuy.com order that is just shipped to me (not store pickup)?
Probably not under the new policy. Before they changed it, I did it all the time. I think the only way to do it now is at the time of original purchase. It probably wouldn't hurt to call especially if you're elite plus. Of course, you could buy/PM and return the shipped one.

Man if only I didn't pre-order at Gamestop, I know they definitely never have and never will price match. Oh well.
The first Zelda 3ds was 180$ at BB and 200$ at GS on release. BB damaged mine in shipment, so i went to GS and got one. A couple weeks later prexmas sale I believe, GS had Zelda 3ds on ad for 180$. They let me do a return /rebuy.

If Walmart is running this at 200$ it would totally not surprise me to see BB do the same but maybe not till BF.

Kind of a random question but does anyone know if you can apply a gift card to an existing order?
I don't think so. I wanted to apply my reward cert and gift cards to my purchase but the only option was to cancel. I could cancel and repurchase but it wasn't giving me the option for store pick-up in my area.

You guys think it will be safe to go to the store on the 22nd to purchase without pre-ordering? I don't have a credit card so I can't.
If you're paying with cash and have the opportunity why don't you buy a Bestbuy giftcard with the cash then preorder it online in case you fear it will sell out quickly?

Looks like what I'll do Friday morning. Did any BBY reps say that would/should work?
I just talked to one, and he said that I needed to get the price matched in-store at time of pickup. He also didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about, and just reiterating what a supervisor or someone else told him after putting me on hold for ~3 minutes, but that's what he told me. Debating trying to call again and see if I can't get another rep who knows a bit more about what they're talking about and aren't just parroting what they're told.

Does anyone know if you can use a print-out/screen shot/mobile version of the Walmart ad to get a pricematch, or do I actually need to run to Walmart this week to get physical copy of the ad?

My store anyway got quite a few in. Each store should at least have double digits way more than the Pokemon ones. WAY more

I just talked to one, and he said that I needed to get the price matched in-store at time of pickup. He also didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about, and just reiterating what a supervisor or someone else told him after putting me on hold for ~3 minutes, but that's what he told me. Debating trying to call again and see if I can't get another rep who knows a bit more about what they're talking about and aren't just parroting what they're told.

Does anyone know if you can use a print-out/screen shot/mobile version of the Walmart ad to get a pricematch, or do I actually need to run to Walmart this week to get physical copy of the ad?
A lot of employees at this time that seem to not know much are probably just seasonal and idiots. Pricematching should be easy; look it up on your phone are any employee can access the internet to look up the ad on any kiosk or register. If they tell you otherwise they're lying.

Does anyone know if BB will be getting stocks in-store for those who didn't pre-order online? They didn't have the bundle advertised on this week's ad, so I'm wondering if it'll be there on the 22nd or not... I'm also wondering if you can purchase it during the XB1's midnight launch on select stores.
Yes they will and numbers are really decent.

I pre-ordered this with the AMEX $25 discount from bb.  After you have completed the steps with twitter/facebook you can log into your account and click "my offers" & it says spend 250 by dec with tally so you can split up.

I want to comment on the nightmare that is Bestbuy pricematching/"low price guarantee".  I ordered one game and the system putting me at about 270.  I checked on the game and it was more than ten dollars cheaper on amazon, I was ready for this and called immediatly.  They told me it was to late to price match because I had already ordered.  I asked how could I get the price match?  They told me I would need to return the items, so I cancelled the order right away.  Order cancelled, then they transferred me to someone  & I had to manually order both items & give my information all over again.  The woman was very nice, but could barely speak english.  The whole process took over two hours.

The price match policy states "We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase." .  Ordering it online, it seems like it would take a great amount of effort for me to get the price match.  I would have to go to a store and hope they let me return it, or ship it back and re-order it just to get the price match.  They have the most convoluted price match policy. 

In my oppinion it is not even a price match policy/low price guarantee because if you buy something and the price lowers somewhere else 5 days later, they don't match because they only price match "when purchasing or ordering". 

I managed to get my purchase to 250.36 so I'll get the 25 credit, but man do I not want to shop at best buy ever again.

So, this question has KIND OF already been answered, but if I've already paid full price for an in-store Pickup pre-order at Best Buy, am I boned on a price match or will they give me a 20 dollar gift card upon pickup and price match?

Edit:  Ooops!  It has, one post above me.  Shoot.  Maybe if they get another one in store, I'll purchase that one to collect.  Unless it turns out the Zelda XL is common as hell.

So, this question has KIND OF already been answered, but if I've already paid full price for an in-store Pickup pre-order at Best Buy, am I boned on a price match or will they give me a 20 dollar gift card upon pickup and price match?

Edit: Ooops! It has, one post above me. Shoot. Maybe if they get another one in store, I'll purchase that one to collect. Unless it turns out the Zelda XL is common as hell.
If you're going to BB anyways, just do a return/rebuy day of the WM ad. That way, you're not stuck with a second console you're not sure you wanted in the first place. As noted above, BB should be able to use either your phone link to the ad, look up the WM ad on the internet on another register or call WM to verify the price.

Just call BBY before you go pick up the system and do a post price match. I used gift cards and certificates to buy the system so returning and rebuying is out of the option for me.

So calling BBY before picking up for post-price match should work, right? I don't want to miss out, but I really hate Walmart (even though an exp with BBY over the weekend makes me never want to shop with them again). It just seems like a diff answer from every single rep. So frustrating.

So calling BBY before picking up for post-price match should work, right? I don't want to miss out, but I really hate Walmart (even though an exp with BBY over the weekend makes me never want to shop with them again). It just seems like a diff answer from every single rep. So frustrating.
I'm always shocked when people mention their 'wonderful' experience with a BB phone rep. All I've ever gotten when calling them is trash.

Lol. One time, I had to call a number of times to try and get something done. One rep after another, garbage. Finally, I barely let a rep speak. I was like, you sound so sweet compared to the others. I could tell she was ready to be a b****, but I think that changed her tone a bit with that comment.

I'm always shocked when people mention their 'wonderful' experience with a BB phone rep. All I've ever gotten when calling them is trash.

Lol. One time, I had to call a number of times to try and get something done. One rep after another, garbage. Finally, I barely let a rep speak. I was like, you sound so sweet compared to the others. I could tell she was ready to be a b****, but I think that changed her tone a bit with that comment.
The most recent exchange I had with them was beyond great. The lady was sweet and they price matched all of Walmart's prices, as long as they were in stock.

Has anyone had any luck with getting the pre-order bonus of Oracle of Seasons honored? It's not listed anywhere on the bundle's page. I still haven't pre-ordered it but I won't even bother wasting the gas to go to Best Buy twice if I can't get the download code anyway. I sent them an email but haven't heard back.

Speaking of, what happened to Best Buy's Live Chat support?

You get the bonus game once you pick the game. Not the moment you preorder.
Just to be sure we're on the same page here. "Oracle of Ages" Not the Link Between worlds game. The one that was initially listed and they now removed.

yea, its a preorder bonus. Gamestop is giving the codes out at pickup. I'm sure BestBuy is going to do the same.
Actually, according to the community forums on Best Buy's site, they claim the pre-order bonus of Oracle of Ages is for the stand alone game only even though their own site was still advertising that the bundle was included in the promotion. Someone screen capped and posted screenshots of the deal. I posted on there and some of us are still waiting on a confirmation.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/td-p/728389

Yea, that was me who posted the screen caps.  They are really starting to tick me off too.  I feel like they are blatantly ignoring the thread.  I even PM'ed the original employee who responded to the thread.  NOTHING!  Grrr...  I mean seriously, honor what you advertised.  That's all we ask. 

so best chance for match is picking up a walmart ad asap and showing up at store opening on friday in case BB decides to check for stock on a limited bundle?

I was thinking of holding out and waiting for a better deal down the line but with pics of the rumored dream team 3ds xl bundle beginning to circulate, this might follow more in the footsteps of pikanips and less in the steps of x/y 3ds xl.

the way its been so far is special edition 3ds/3ds xls are out of stock by the time the next one comes out... if dream team is released in early december... so much speculation.

been flip flopping on whether or not i should keep this pre-order. fwp

so best chance for match is picking up a walmart ad asap and showing up at store opening on friday in case BB decides to check for stock on a limited bundle?

I was thinking of holding out and waiting for a better deal down the line but with pics of the rumored dream team 3ds xl bundle beginning to circulate, this might follow more in the footsteps of pikanips and less in the steps of x/y 3ds xl.

the way its been so far is special edition 3ds/3ds xls are out of stock by the time the next one comes out... if dream team is released in early december... so much speculation.

been flip flopping on whether or not i should keep this pre-order. fwp

These aren't going to go out of stock on release day. My Best Buy got at least 12 that they accidentally put out on the floor the other day. Nintendo obviously made enough to account for Holiday demand.

Nintendo usually makes enough of the limited editions to guarantee they will be sold out within one month. American Retailers hate having multiple SKUs and having these temporary SKU's is a pain to the stores. Thats why we didnt see this announced until after the Pokemon limited Edition XLs were all off the shelves.

I agree. But as of last Wednesday, I was still seeing the Pokemon XL at two Targets by me. The one Target did sell the remainder of what they had when I was there over the weekend though.

Yea, that was me who posted the screen caps. They are really starting to tick me off too. I feel like they are blatantly ignoring the thread. I even PM'ed the original employee who responded to the thread. NOTHING! Grrr... I mean seriously, honor what you advertised. That's all we ask.
Exactly. It's only a $6 game we can still easily purchase off the Nintendo eShop but why the false advertisement? Really annoying.

If the offer disappeared from the page, then it was clearly just a mistake. Speak with your wallet and spend your money elsewhere if you're that upset about it.

If the offer disappeared from the page, then it was clearly just a mistake. Speak with your wallet and spend your money elsewhere if you're that upset about it.
It wasn't a promo that appeared for a limited time then suddenly disappeared. It was advertised on their site and via promo emails for weeks. Now, a week before launch, it's gone and we're being told it only applies to the standalone game. I call bullshit.

Hmm, either way, was there and now gone. I'd chalk it up to a mistake. You can call bullshit, but they don't care and your concern will just wash away. Like I said, easy enough to show them power with your wallet, especially if you cancel a preorder.

I was able to preorder in store today with no hassle (sort of). I was also able to price match with Walmart's advertised price of 199.96 without a problem. The only thing i had a rough time with was trying to get the oracle of ages game. I was putting up a fight for almost an hour. I even made them call corporate and the "supervisor" told me the same thing that the customer service rep told me:

"Since the promotion was going on about a week ago then you would have had to preorder it while the promotion was going on in order to take advantage of the deal and get the code."

I went on to respond by saying:

"This doesn't make sense. So what you mean to tell me is that the people that preordered the 3ds during the promotion that was going on are going to get the code when they come to pick it up but i can't?"

She then said "The people that preordered the 3ds are getting the codes through email."

At this point i literally said "Screw it, i give up. Just go ahead with the preorder and forget about the oracle of ages."

I want to know if this is true. Has anyone preordered the 3ds while the promotion for the oracle of ages was on the website? If so, did you get a code?

I don't think that the intent was to give out the codes at the time of preorder.  In my experience, when there was PO DLC, you had to pick up your game/console first then the email would come in shortly after "your order was picked up" email.  So I think no one will know for sure until they pick up their PO 3ds.

so now BB stores are taking preorders?  probably best to just preorder online for instore pickup.  then call CS on Friday to price match even though BB doesn't do price match comeptitors post purchase anymore. I have preordered at GS (should have credit to cover all), but the Walmart price after tax is only slightly cheaper than the $219.99 at GS with no tax.

so now BB stores are taking preorders? probably best to just preorder online for instore pickup. then call CS on Friday to price match even though BB doesn't do price match comeptitors post purchase anymore. I have preordered at GS (should have credit to cover all), but the Walmart price after tax is only slightly cheaper than the $219.99 at GS with no tax.
BBY reps have been stating to callers to call on Friday to do the post price match though.

I don't think that the intent was to give out the codes at the time of preorder. In my experience, when there was PO DLC, you had to pick up your game/console first then the email would come in shortly after "your order was picked up" email. So I think no one will know for sure until they pick up their PO 3ds.
This is exactly what i was thinking but the "supervisor" kept insisting this was the way it was. So i just gave up. On the day of pickup im going to call and complain that i didn't get the code. Problem solved. Either they give me the code, or they give me enough credit to get the code. Which ever would satisfy me. I just really hate false advertising.

Dante84 wrote:
This is exactly what i was thinking but the "supervisor" kept insisting this was the way it was. So i just gave up. On the day of pickup im going to call and complain that i didn't get the code. Problem solved. Either they give me the code, or they give me enough credit to get the code. Which ever would satisfy me. I just really hate false advertising.
This is what I expect I will have to do. I preordered when they had the bonus up and I damn well better get the code. If not I will call and complain and I'm sure they will either get a code or give me a credit of some kind.

However, I really don't look at this as false advertising. It was taken down before they actually sold any units. Clearly a mistake which is NOT false advertising. People get way too uppity and cry 'false advertising' or 'bait and switch' all the time when that's clearly not the case. The only people that should get the code are the ones that actually preordered when the offer was live. Everyone else either preordered beforehand and didn't need the incentive (not that I'm not saying you shouldn't get a code anyway, I know I'd want one) since they already ordered or preordered after it was taken down and therefore missed it. It's a code for a cheap download so if you don't get it it really shouldn't be the end of the world. You can always buy the game for a few bucks on the eShop anyway. It's not like it's a limited item you'll have to pay way too much for on eBay to acquire after the fact.

Does anyone know an approx date when they took it down? I pre-ordered last week on the 13th and can't remember if the Oracle of Ages download code was advertised. I just want to know if I should be getting a code or should make a stink about not getting one when it was advertised when I pre-ordered. If I missed the boat, then I'll accept it, move on and enjoy my first 3DS and Zelda experience. 

Dante84 wrote: This is what I expect I will have to do. I preordered when they had the bonus up and I damn well better get the code. If not I will call and complain and I'm sure they will either get a code or give me a credit of some kind.

However, I really don't look at this as false advertising. It was taken down before they actually sold any units. Clearly a mistake which is NOT false advertising. People get way too uppity and cry 'false advertising' or 'bait and switch' all the time when that's clearly not the case. The only people that should get the code are the ones that actually preordered when the offer was live. Everyone else either preordered beforehand and didn't need the incentive (not that I'm not saying you shouldn't get a code anyway, I know I'd want one) since they already ordered or preordered after it was taken down and therefore missed it. It's a code for a cheap download so if you don't get it it really shouldn't be the end of the world. You can always buy the game for a few bucks on the eShop anyway. It's not like it's a limited item you'll have to pay way too much for on eBay to acquire after the fact.
Pardon me, just a bit angry is all. Would be great if you could update us if you do get the code or not on pickup and how simple it was if at all. Thanks! :D

bread's done
Back