Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you confirm the included copy of Zelda is a code that requires you to download the game?
It has been stated by Nintendo.

It's the ultimate item to take on your adventure: a gold and black 3DS XL emblazoned with the Triforce on the top and bottom. Includes a Nintendo eShop download code for The Legend of Zelda™: A Link Between Worlds game.

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?
Nintendo makes absolutely no sense.

Original Zelda 3DS System? Physical game.

Wii U DX with Nintendoland? Physical game.

Fire Emblem? Preinstalled.

Animal Crossing? Preinstalled.

Zelda Wii U? DL code.

Zelda XL? DL code.

It completely makes sense for Nintendo.

Giving you a digital copy = that copy will never become a used game
Wow, I never thought of it like that till you posted it. Thank you. :roll:

Going form physical to digital was a logical and understandable jump. However, going from pre-loaded (as in, on the system by default) to code makes no sense. They went from a system where you couldn't do anything, to a system where you can at least sell the code. It makes no sense. Especially when you consider Wind Waker HD also counted towards the digital purchase program.

Lol I'm pissed came to the xbox launch told them to price match they said no problem I told them it was 200 they didn't even check Walmart. Com I could of said like 150$ damnit! Haha

I called BBY Elite Plus and had them do an in-store pickup for Walmart's price.

Just have the rep. search .com's weekly ad section for the ad, the 199.96 price and "valid 11/22-11/23" were all I needed for the PM. I'm EST, so it's already 11/22 technically. Going to the next state over to pick it up along with a physical copy of the game, and a pair of Astro A40s with no tax :)

(shameless self-promotion: I will be looking to get rid of the download code, PM me with offers)

Just have the rep. search .com's weekly ad section for the ad, the 199.96 price and "valid 11/22-11/23" were all I needed for the PM. I'm EST, so it's already 11/22 technically. Going to the next state over to pick it up along with a physical copy of the game, and a pair of Astro A40s with no tax :)

(shameless self-promotion: I will be looking to get rid of the download code, PM me with offers)
You should pay it forward. :)

Need any club Nintendo codes?

Hmmm, I wonder how much I can get for my code. Is $30 too much?
If this is anything like Wind Waker HD, the value will plummet to around $20. I know people were trying to sell those at about $35 at release, but over time the price kept dropping. This might do better because it's a newer game, but it will probably be lower than $30.

You should pay it forward. :)

Need any club Nintendo codes?
No, sorry. I just bought the Pokemon red 3DS XL, which I now need to sell since I'm getting this one. I can't justify owning 2 3DS

'es ATM since I just dropped 1k+ on a new build.

Need to get rid of the download code to recoup some of the cost :(

I'm not seeing the ad. Link?

link to ad?

Holy fuck, I called the elite number and some chick named pedagay or something said that I could not price match because it doesn't say "low price guarantee" on the item. WTF is that shit? Since when did that shit start?

Yeah, I tried calling the elite number to pricematch my pre-order.  The CS lady said that it couldn't be done.  She did help me cancel the pre-order.  Then the call got disconnected while she was trying to transfer the call to the sales dept. I think that it'll be easier for me to just go into BB when it opens and pricematch it with a Walmart ad.

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?
i think they just throw darts and whatever it hits is what the bundle will be

I literally just called right now and got them to price match Wal-mart no problem.

I had to guide the lady to exactly where the weekly ad was but it was smooth sailing for the most part. She was really helpful.

Price match done within ten minutes!

Called back and the lady mentioned the "low price guarantee" garbage but still went ahead and did the PM as a one time courtesy. She was very polite.

So phone pm are YMMV. Just need to get the right one.

I literally just called right now and got them to price match Wal-mart no problem.

I had to guide the lady to exactly where the weekly ad was but it was smooth sailing for the most part. She was really helpful.

Price match done within ten minutes!
where is this ad and why is no one linking it to everyone asking?

My Walmart is open 24/7 - looks like they haven't unboxed anything. No ads out, etc. Tried calling BB this morning, spent over 20 mins on the phone and was told they couldn't PM & that I'd have to do it in-store... After this, I really don't think I'll shop with BB ever again. The amount of incompetency I've dealt with in the past two weeks has been utterly astounding. If it weren't for this AmEx promo, I'd cut my losses today.

So I tried calling in to BBY this morning to try and get a prime match on my order, actually had a really great representative named John who really tried to help give me the price match after I guided him to the walmart ad.  In the end he wasn't able to do the PM because the system didn't allow him to do so, so he is instead going to be sending me a $20 gift card to make up the difference (I know this doesn't account for the difference in tax, but $20 back is better nothing back).

FOr anyone else who's going to try this, be sure when you tell them where the ad is, to make sure its the correct ad titled "viewing prep holiday" that's valid from nov 17-23, because when you initially login its going to be defaulted to the regular ad for next week.

My rep is from Minnesota in case anyone gets the same guy.  Really quite a different experience than I had expected, especially this early in the morning.  Actually will fill out the survey or take the time out to call to praise his performance because that's how every BBY phone rep should be.

Called this morning at BB to pricematch.  The lady was more then helpful to do the pricematch.  She couldn't find the advertised price when I specifically told her where to look.  Took a little over 3 minutes for her to search and finally gave up.  She ended up giving me 10% off the order which made it 198.00 instead of walmart's 199.96 price.  Overall experience was great since I was done within 15 minutes and I had over 3 gift cards numbers that I told her to type in to make the final price less than $20. 

I also preorder one for a instore pickup a month ago, that order she couldn't pricematch since I paid in full with giftcards.  So she told me to pick it up in store today and do a return and rebuy and show them the walmart's ad to get the pricematch.  I will see if I can do that today. 

GAAHHHHHH.  I hate Best Buy's customer service.  5 calls this morning, still no price match.  Granted, the first three were beset by technical issues, but the last two both stated that they did not price match pre-orders.  Was hoping to get it price matched before I picked it up, but it's looking like it just might be easier to do it in store.  I'm just hoping I don't have any trouble there.  *sigh*

called this morning to the elite line and was told that I was the second one to call about this. Got transferred to the PM department and was told that they couldn't do it since it had to be PM at the time the order was placed.

For those of you who have pre ordered the game only, did anyone get the code for the Oracle of Ages download yet? I got my email saying its ready for pick up, but no DL code yet.
Supposedly it was a mistake. The Zelda 3DS XL bundle didn't qualify for the free Oracle of Ages download code.

Maybe they will offer something else since it was their mistake.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/td-p/728389/highlight/true/page/2

Hello everyone,

I’d like to start by apologizing for my delayed response to you all. It was never my intention to leave you without any additional comments from myself, and I’m sorry if this has left you feeling like I was ignoring you. It certainly isn’t a valid excuse, but I have been really occupied with the launch of the PlayStation 4 last week and the Xbox One this week.

I understand that we did have this offer listed on BestBuy.com for a short while where it indicated that the bundle also qualified. This was an error that we did eventually correct, as the 3DS XL bundle does not actually qualify to receive this bonus.

I’d still like to work with all of you to hopefully find a solution, so I will be sending you all a private message within the next day. Please keep an eye out for that message, and I look forward to continuing to work with you.

Thanks for your patience, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Well, that could have gone better.  After finally convincing the staff at the pickup counter that yes, the ad on my phone was for the 17-23rd, they decided they'd price match.  Or try to.  A couple of times.  Then they called over another supervisor, who also couldn't price match successfully.  So finally he gave me $20 anything in the store, so I picked up Fire Emblem, which I had been planning on doing anyway, but had been hoping I'd be able to find it on sale in the next few weeks.

Ugh, this is why I usually don't bother trying to price match.  Ends up being more work than it should be, and doesn't ever seem like it works out as well as it should. Not that I didn't get anything out of it, because obviously I did, but it took at least 30 minutes.

Well, that could have gone better. After finally convincing the staff at the pickup counter that yes, the ad on my phone was for the 17-23rd, they decided they'd price match. Or try to. A couple of times. Then they called over another supervisor, who also couldn't price match successfully. So finally he gave me $20 anything in the store, so I picked up Fire Emblem, which I had been planning on doing anyway, but had been hoping I'd be able to find it on sale in the next few weeks.

Ugh, this is why I usually don't bother trying to price match. Ends up being more work than it should be, and doesn't ever seem like it works out as well as it should. Not that I didn't get anything out of it, because obviously I did, but it took at least 30 minutes.
It's because of these kind of experiences i'm going to try price matching it at target today and just cancel my in store pickup best buy order.

Well, that could have gone better. After finally convincing the staff at the pickup counter that yes, the ad on my phone was for the 17-23rd, they decided they'd price match. Or try to. A couple of times. Then they called over another supervisor, who also couldn't price match successfully. So finally he gave me $20 anything in the store, so I picked up Fire Emblem, which I had been planning on doing anyway, but had been hoping I'd be able to find it on sale in the next few weeks.

Ugh, this is why I usually don't bother trying to price match. Ends up being more work than it should be, and doesn't ever seem like it works out as well as it should. Not that I didn't get anything out of it, because obviously I did, but it took at least 30 minutes.
Did you preorder for store pickup? Or were you just buying off the shelf and price matching? I'm going to try to price match my preorder with a printed ad when I go to pick it up later today, but I figure it's going to be a huge pain just by what everyone else has said...

I just pm Walmart in-store by showing the Zelda ad page on my phone. it was easier than I thought it would be. I just feel bad for the ticket xbox line as I heard some people stood there all night for the morning release at 10am. I just cut the line to the register as I pre-ordered, luckily I got a day one as expected.

FYI bring some muscle as the Xbox is heavy,maybe around 20lb.

Update

I checked the weight on a scale and it's actually 15 lb 6 oz, but it feels like it weighs more due to the size and the use of cheap Best Buy bags.

I tried pricematching my bestbuy preorder during pickup but they said they couldnt since the order was already complete and to return-rebuy I have to wait 24hrs..

No go on the PM at Best Buy. Tried three times and then I was on the phone for about an hour with a lady who was trying to give me the price, but she ended up canceling my order instead. After all that, I just went to Wal-mart and picked up one of three available XLs at their $199.96 price.

I tried pricematching my bestbuy preorder during pickup but they said they couldnt since the order was already complete and to return-rebuy I have to wait 24hrs..
if it was online order, you have to call. you could have just canceled the order there, and then just price matched normally to buy.

I'll be trying to pm over the phone as I just placed an order for pickup.

Called the BBY number and the girl who I talked to was very helpful. Told her I wanted to price match it with Walmart and she stated she was looking for the ad, but I don't know if she ever really did. She was real quiet and after 5 minutes she said she'd send me a $20 GC to make up the difference. I'm supposed to receive it in my email, which I haven't gotten yet so I'm not sure if this is true or not. Guess I'll find out. Anyone know if they really send gift cards through email?

Long-time reader, first-time poster.

My wife just got back from Target and said she had the bundle price-matched from Walmart, but it was a hassle because the guy kept looking it up on his phone and the Walmart ad automatically reverted to next week's Black Friday ad.

I finally took a picture of the ad on my work computer and texted it to her and she was able to get it done, AND she has the RED card.

Plus, I'm going to sell the game download, so really I end up paying around $165 for the console itself.

Called the BBY number and the girl who I talked to was very helpful. Told her I wanted to price match it with Walmart and she stated she was looking for the ad, but I don't know if she ever really did. She was real quiet and after 5 minutes she said she'd send me a $20 GC to make up the difference. I'm supposed to receive it in my email, which I haven't gotten yet so I'm not sure if this is true or not. Guess I'll find out. Anyone know if they really send gift cards through email?
Every gift card I ever got from them for a price match was actually mailed to me. Took about 7-10 business days for it to show up usually. Never got an emailed gift card. But if this is like everything else BB customer service does, it could happen - hell, sounds like each operator is given a different manual to go by (except for those that don't even get a manual and just end up making stuff up as they go.)

Walked in to Best Buy and price matched it to the Walmart ad no problem.  I gave the ad to the cashier so she can price match her copy too.

No issues except I didn't see the Oracle of Ages code on my receipt but after viewing the thread looks like I'm out of luck.  

Btw, my Best Buy didn't have the 3DS out yet, they were all in the back still so if that happens to you just ask an employee to check first.

I originally pre-ordered the Zelda 3DS using paypal for in store pick up. I printed out the Walmart ad and went there this morning. The girl at the counter said they were able to price match it so they did. Then moments later I got an email from Paypal stating that I got a refund from Best Buy and I go ahead and check my Paypal balance and its the price it would have been with the price match. She basically gave it to me for 19.xx + tax

When preordering the game (not bundle) from BB website for store pickup, the bonus implied that you would receive a code by email after pickup. There was nothing in the actual order itself though that indicates I get a bonus, just the separate page. I intend to pick up my copy later today, and I don't expect the email for a few days after it. If something happens differently, I'll let you know.

Every gift card I ever got from them for a price match was actually mailed to me. Took about 7-10 business days for it to show up usually. Never got an emailed gift card. But if this is like everything else BB customer service does, it could happen - hell, sounds like each operator is given a different manual to go by (except for those that don't even get a manual and just end up making stuff up as they go.)
Same here with previous gift cards. Still haven't received an email like she said, so I'm debating if I should call back or just take the ad in and hope I don't have to rebuy it. (Used gift cards and reward certificates)

No idea why I always have hard time when ever I call! 

Elite Plus transfers me only to end the call.  I tried regular CS and got a nice woman.  The downside and important thing though she was slow as hell.  I already placed an order after the failed Elite Plus call so knew how to navigate the site to find the ad.  The woman somehow finds a $209 listing on Walmart (searched after the wasted call and it's some accessory bundle).  I try to help her find the ad, but I don't think she even looked.

I originally pre-ordered the Zelda 3DS using paypal for in store pick up. I printed out the Walmart ad and went there this morning. The girl at the counter said they were able to price match it so they did. Then moments later I got an email from Paypal stating that I got a refund from Best Buy and I go ahead and check my Paypal balance and its the price it would have been with the price match. She basically gave it to me for 19.xx + tax
Order the same way, hopefully I get lucky as well.

As for the Oracle bonus, they may email you code if you hit up the BB forum and PM the OP. Waiting on my reply from them.

I got mine at GS at midnight no problem, They did run out of Forza copies though :(.

System is beautiful, I love how the gold looks, especially on the inside. Haven't played the game yet though. I just transferred from my Pikachu 3DS XL to this before sending that out to the person who bough it from me off ebay.

I called and got my pre order that just shipped matched over the phone.  Got lucky, it only took 5 mins with no issue.  Rep said he had done a few today already so it was quick.

The representative whom I spoke with told me that price matches could only be applied upon purchase (i.e., not to orders already made). I just reviewed their low price guarantee, and it reflects her answer:

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: ...post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices
Since my order has been shipped and my calls keep getting dropped, I'm just going to buy another one at Walmart, and return my online order to Best Buy.

bread's done
Back