Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my experience

1. I called Walmart to have the price adjusted. Rep stated its coming up as regular price on the website and that she couldn't find the ad. I spoke to a supervisor and she game me the $20 credit.

2. I called BB and got disconnected the first time. I called again and was walking the rep to find the ad but she had trouble and could not find it. She eventually gave up and said she did it earlier for someone else and gave me a ticket number to get the refund once I picked it up. I really don't know why she tried looking for the ad if she already did it earlier.

I spoke to Nintendo and asked why the game wasn't preinstalled. The rep stated they never planned to sell the system with the game. It was available as system only but was only sold to retailers. The promo is being run by the retailers. The code for the game shouldn't expire.

I bought this thinking the game would be preinstalled but this turned out better. I prefer physical vs digital and now I can dl the game on another 3DS I have instead of opening the Zelda bundle. I'll reply in another post if I get the Oracle game.

Save yourselves a lot of trouble at BBY and just pick up a hard copy of the Walmart ad before you go in. The rep I spoke to had a lot of trouble figuring out how to work Walmart's site, and then there was some confusion caused by Walmart's current Black Friday PM deal. THEN there was more confusion because the price online for Walmart was different from the ad. AND THEN they still had to call the local Walmart and check the stock. Thankfully I had already called to make sure there would be some... but I really should have just gone straight to Walmart and canceled my BBY order to save me the trouble of PMing at all.

On the bright side, I did get the PM plus an unexpected bonus: I saved money on lunch today because I spent my break at BBY.

Picked my bundle up at Gamestop. The LoZ: Oracle of Seasons code did not print on the receipt. I asked if they were extending the pre-order code to the LoZ 3DSXL bundles and they said they would and printed a code right out!

Stopped by Best Buy and picked up the bundle, no pre-order here, and got them to PM walmart...woot!

Just picked up my preorder from BBY and did anyone else check the receipt? My total shows $191 after taxes. Subtotal was $174.99 before taxes. Not sure if calling in the morning is what did this or not.

It looks like they deducted my $45 reward certificate from the main price. Looks like I still need to call back.

Just finished talking to a Best Buy rep over the phone to confirm my call earlier about an emailed gift card. She stated the other girl misstated that I would be sent it through email. Its going to be sent through the mail, which is fine by me. I saved $20 so I'm happy about it. Now to decide if I want to keep the download code or sellit and buy a physical copy.

Just picked up my preorder from BBY and did anyone else check the receipt? My total shows $191 after taxes. Subtotal was $174.99 before taxes. Not sure if calling in the morning is what did this or not.

It looks like they deducted my $45 reward certificate from the main price. Looks like I still need to call back.

Just finished talking to a Best Buy rep over the phone to confirm my call earlier about an emailed gift card. She stated the other girl misstated that I would be sent it through email. Its going to be sent through the mail, which is fine by me. I saved $20 so I'm happy about it. Now to decide if I want to keep the download code or sellit and buy a physical copy.
What they did with mine is that they are going to issue a $20 refund to the CC.

Are you on Best Buy 's gamers unlock member? It sound like the 20% off they are giving to Games. I am not sure if it applies to systems.

When I picked up I was told to do the Post-purchase support to price match online purchases. Unfortunately the post-purchase folks were spectacularly unhelpful. I was told that I need to go back to the store and return/rebuy and that online support has literally no ability to price match or provide any other type of compensation. Oh BestBuy...

When I picked up I was told to do the Post-purchase support to price match online purchases. Unfortunately the post-purchase folks were spectacularly unhelpful. I was told that I need to go back to the store and return/rebuy and that online support has literally no ability to price match or provide any other type of compensation. Oh BestBuy...
Same Issue. I am not pleased with there phone service in the slightest.

Picked up my order from Best Buy, no code but that's fine since I have a complete mint copy for Game Boy Color. Sold the digital game for $30, picked up a physical copy from Target after exchanging another game I got from B2G1F at Target, and my CE guide arrived from Amazon!

Online orders have to call CS. In store purchases (not online/instore pickup) the manager and CS people there should be the ones to help

Picked mine up over lunch and they were able to price match just fine. First guy was apprehensive about if they could do it, but I mentioned they told me I could over the phone and he found another guy that knew how to do it, no problem. He price matched to 199.99 instead of 199.96, but I'm not going to squable over 3 cents ;p

Strangely enough, I had no trouble. In fact, I've always had good success with their CS.

I was transfer 2 times and end up in post-purchase, told the CSR that I would like to pricematch my order. She ask me where, and I told her Walmart. Ask if it's a preblack friday sale, I told her no, it's for this week local ad. She ask for the price and to verify my billing info. And then she place me on hold to check the price, and about 3 minutes later, she comes back and said she has verify the price to be legit and I'll receive the credit in 7-10 business days.

So far, I have yet to pick up my order from the in-store pick up.

Lady on the BB CS phone would NOT price match because the lack of a "Low Price Guarantee" sticker on it?

What is that?

I said to just cancel the order then since WM shows plenty in stock, and they did a 'one time exception' for me and sold me a 2ND 3DS for $198.

I now have to return the 1st one when I pick up.

Picked mine up over lunch and they were able to price match just fine. First guy was apprehensive about if they could do it, but I mentioned they told me I could over the phone and he found another guy that knew how to do it, no problem. He price matched to 199.99 instead of 199.96, but I'm not going to squable over 3 cents ;p
same here, I noticed it as she was entering the amount but wasn't too worried about the 3 cents. I'm just glad I got the console

Picked mine up and my bb had a table at the front door with about 20 of them for sale. All the preorders were behind the customer service desk. No shortage of these things whatsoever.

Lady on the BB CS phone would NOT price match because the lack of a "Low Price Guarantee" sticker on it?

What is that?
Their bs way of getting around the PM policy. Last time I tried to PM something (Mario and Luigi Dream Team), they told me they couldnt because of that. So when they had the nerve to send me a employee review afterward I made sure to let my displeasure be known.

Just got the code emailed to me despite not having picked up the console yet. I'll try to PM Walmart when I go to pick it up in a few hours

Just got the code emailed to me despite not having picked up the console yet. I'll try to PM Walmart when I go to pick it up in a few hours
When did you place the order? Also you need to call for a PM. Stores only PM if you purchase instore (online orders for pickup don't count).

Same here, emailed the BB forum guy and got the code about 5 hours later. Now I just have to bring the ad in for the PM.

I was able to PM Walmart, but they had to cancel my online order and re-ring me up for it as an in-store purchase. Guess all hopes of getting an Oracle of Ages code are gone now, but oh well.

Can anyone confirm that the standalone game will included the oracle code even if no preorder?
I just picked up the game by itself without preorder. The code printed on the receipt and was also emailed to me.

I couldn't tell you if it's automatic or not because the cashier asked me if I wanted the "Oracle Bundle" with it. I figured it would be free so I just said yes and it did show up as free after the transaction was totaled out.

Edit: FYI - For those looking for the 3DS XL bundles, my store had a shit ton of them in the gaming section. Which makes it seem like these aren't very scarce.

And his supervisor agreed with him, but agreed to do the price match once as a special exception.  rollseyes

I'm pretty sure they make these price matches so tedious just so that everyone will give up.  It's just like rebates; they'll deny you even if you qualify because most people won't follow up.

My big debate is whether to sell the download code or not. First world problems lol

If anyone here wants the game, I'll sell it for $32. PM if you're interested.

I did a google search for oracle of ages, best buy forum, and got to it.  the 1st page of that thread has a BB mod by the name of Matt-BBY.  I sent him  a private message.  Hope he was the guy, and that he responds.

Just picked mine up and PMed Walmart. They also had to return/rebuy it as it looks like others are saying. No sign of the Oracle code, but it's not really a big deal to me anyway. Just glad to finally have a 3DS!  :whee:

Just a curious question, I plan on buying the physical copy and selling my digital code, but what does Best Buy do with your Oracle of Ages code if you return the physical copy of the game?

Best Buy CS jus tried telling me that they can't do a price match on an online preorder unless I called in the same day I ordered. That made no sense.

Escalating to a supervisor right now, but I've been on hold for a while.

Best Buy CS jus tried telling me that they can't do a price match on an online preorder unless I called in the same day I ordered. That made no sense.

Escalating to a supervisor right now, but I've been on hold for a while.
Denied because "I have to pricematch at the point of purchase, which was your preorder date"

Yeah screw you too. Calling again later, hopefully I'll get someone more helpful.

Just a curious question, I plan on buying the physical copy and selling my digital code, but what does Best Buy do with your Oracle of Ages code if you return the physical copy of the game?
Not much they can do, but it seems like quite a bit of work/time for a $5 game ...

bread's done
Back