Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

I've had a CE come crushed before. No way I'm taking that chance. There is also precedent of orders being randomly cancelled. fuck that, I'm covering my bases.
Sorry, I thought this was the Switch thread. Getting them mixed up. I fully understand this. Carry on.

Even though I pre-ordered the regular edition of Zelda I just ordered the special edition from Amazon. I'll decide as it gets closer which one I want to keep. I was already thinking I needed a case for the Switch so that sheikah slate is almost worth the extra $20. Maybe.

Did Amazon always have the special edition as releasing on March 13th? Or is this a second run. No way I'm waiting 10 days to play Zelda. Hoping that gets updated.

Eh the usual "AAHHH I didnt get one so Im going to post a pic of something saying ebay and slick deals on as I blame scalpers for not getting something I wanted because everyone else wants it" isnt really funny anymore. It was at first but every time something sells out everyone trots out the same old tired horse so they can beat it to death.

Ebay/slick deals ruins everything!

Nintendo is limiting stock to artificially drive up demand!

Scalpers kept me from getting the one thing that was going to cure my dying grandmothers cancer!

Gamestop stores are holding back pre orders from customer in a conspiracy!

All that shit is played out.

Who really cares? Its just some plastic. I mean yes I really really wanted one and I missed out on getting one at all 3 retailers but it doesnt bother me. I can still play the game and in the end thats all that matters. Sure the extra stuff would have been very cool but ultimately I bought it so I can play the game.
Calm down buddy.

Ferrari Racer doesn't really give a shit. He does this all of the time and we get a laugh out of the funny photoshop pics. He actually lightens the mood.

Although my preorders for the Master and Special edition did not initially show up in the GameStop app, they do now. They even have the correct art and name. I hope they stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Edition went up and gone on Amazon too quick last night.

I knew I'd be going into GameStop this morning to put $5 down on a Master Edition, but they didn't have it on the system yet.

So as I'm driving to work, the Best Buy link went up.

-_-

Are you talking about in store or online?
Online. First time ever receivingthis email. Billing was correct. Might have been just bad luck.
Dear Valued Customer,

The order #417 that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.

In the event you did not cancel your order, please try these steps:

Contact your financial institution and confirm that the information they have on file matches with all the information you included when you placed your order.
Place another order on www.gamestop.com using a different form of payment.

If you require any further assistance, please

It seems companies oversell quite frequently on items of great signifance. Anyone remember the 3ds majora best buy incident?

This seems easy to avoid, do the people entering in the qty available have fat fingers?

It seems companies oversell quite frequently on items of great signifance. Anyone remember the 3ds majora best buy incident?

This seems easy to avoid, do the people entering in the qty available have fat fingers?
The Majoras Mask shortage was because of the port strikes. The 3DS and LE became available later on, after release. The quantities were probably correct for what they anticipated to receive.

Online. First time ever receivingthis email. Billing was correct. Might have been just bad luck.
Dear Valued Customer,

The order #417 that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.

In the event you did not cancel your order, please try these steps:

Contact your financial institution and confirm that the information they have on file matches with all the information you included when you placed your order.
Place another order on www.gamestop.com using a different form of payment.

If you require any further assistance, please
How long ago was this? I ordered two last night and my order is still fine at the moment. Might be a quantity restriction they are enforcing too.

I have a special edition pre-order I don't need if anyone is trying to get their hands on it. PM me and we can figure out logistics

Read this and the following comments.

https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/819977339798953984
It's not like a GS in-store pre-order means anything anyways. They either won't get enough or else just sell your pre-order to whomever. This is the type of thing where my stores will sell 10 pre-orders, then suddenly on release day they only have an allotment of 3 to sell, and it's first come first serve.

If this is truly it, i see it being one of the rarest ce's not being a nintendo store exclusive. And its a main zelda entry to boot.
Yup. This is probably 2017's GOTY too. Considering how long it's been in development (couldn't even release within Wii U's lifetime) and from looking at the trailer with just hit a million views.

An extremely rare edition from one of the most cherished franchises in videogame history. Last main game was 6 years ago.

Limited edition zelda switch with sword and arrow controllers and a mobile app controlled mario that jerks you off while slaying goblins

Yup. This is probably 2017's GOTY too. Considering how long it's been in development (couldn't even release within Wii U's lifetime) and from looking at the trailer with just hit a million views.

An extremely rare edition from one of the most cherished franchises in videogame history. Last main game was 6 years ago.
I'm hoping Shadow of Mordor 2 is GOTY 2017...because that would at least mean the game was actually happening.

It's not like a GS in-store pre-order means anything anyways. They either won't get enough or else just sell your pre-order to whomever. This is the type of thing where my stores will sell 10 pre-orders, then suddenly on release day they only have an allotment of 3 to sell, and it's first come first serve.

Yup, truest thing I've read today. Back when amiibos were the thing, I pre-ordered 2 Shulks like 3 months in advance. I went to get them the day they came out and they would only let me have one, unfortunately they sold them all already and I couldn't even get my one. It's hilarious because they always say "guarantee yourself a copy by giving me your $5." Then when you actually needed to guarantee yourself a copy, it's gone. Their promises are empty.

I'm actually more shocked by the fact that the Special Edition also sold out everywhere. I figured maybe they'd make 1 version very rare while the other easy to get. When Amazon came back in stock 30 minutes ago, I figured yup they probably have plenty of special editions and the initial sellout was just your typical retailer taking it down to check inventory but nope, sold out again in a few minutes.

Edit: Bestbuy still has Special Edition but I'm expecting it to be gone by the end of the day based on Amazon and Gamestop

At some point you got to believe Nintendo is doing this on purpose.

Man, if you guys think getting a silly CE like this was hard with six whole minutes, don't ever try to get a Mondo print. Those are usually limited to 350 or less and sell out in seconds. The last print I bought from them was when The Last of Us went up for sale and sold out instantly. That $45 print goes for $250-400 last I checked on eBay. ;)
I do the Mondo thing too, but there haven't been many good prints in the last 1-2 years. I tried for the Rory Kurtz "Drive' last week and failed. I did happen to score one of the Kurtz 'A Clockwork Orange' however!

I'm hoping Shadow of Mordor 2 is GOTY 2017...because that would at least mean the game was actually happening.
It's definitely happening, but it's reached a Fallout 4 level of "why hasn't this been announced yet?"

It has to be E3 this year and also releasing by holiday, or something has really gone wrong.

Tbh, fuck Nintendo. They basically live off the original fans yet keep screwing them over. Especially their CEs that pretty much never come back in stock. I mean, why do that to your most loyal fans and let scalpers make money off the hype?

It's like they give no fucks at all. Sometimes you have to take a chance and lose some money in creating extra units. But they just never communicate and end of story. Off to the next limited item.

I do the Mondo thing too, but there haven't been many good prints in the last 1-2 years. I tried for the Rory Kurtz "Drive' last week and failed. I did happen to score one of the Kurtz 'A Clockwork Orange' however!
I haven't seen many good Mondo prints the last few years. I haven't tried for one in like two years. The last ones I got were from either SDCC or NYCC (can't remember which) and includes Last of Us and a few others. The one print I've always wanted to get is The Wizard (the crappy Fred Savage movie) but every time one pops up on ebay (like three times in the last two years) I miss it (even though it is only like 100 bucks). I'm a happier person now that I don't try for Mondo prints.

Back on topic though. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

I got the special edition I wasnt really interested in the sword when I know it would just take space in my room. More interested in the carrying case

So I placed an order this morning for Zelda Master Edition from Gamestop at around 5:50 am EST.

Got a confirmation e-mail that it had gone through. Charge shows up in PayPal, which I used to place the order as well.

However, when I go to check the status of the order on the website, it doesn't show up at all. Should I be concerned? Other people that ordered this morning, is your order showing up on the website?

Edit: NVM, for some reason it checked me out as a guest, not as a PUR member.

Boo! I missed the preorders for the Master Edition. Guess I get to go day 1 hunting. My own fault I suppose. I heard there was a Nintendo Direct coming but didn't bother to pay attention cause the Switch is comical. I want the Master Edition for the swag. I'll play the game maybe sometime. Still haven't played my Skyward Sword LE but at least the controller goes nicely with my gold nunchuck.

Ordered a master and special at bestbuy.  My CC already shows the authorization for the SE, but not the Master.....hmmm....I'm thinking nobody with a master at BB is safe yet.

I also just got a "here's $10 off anything" at bestbuy email.  Pre-emptive apology for cancellation????

Boo! I missed the preorders for the Master Edition. Guess I get to go day 1 hunting. My own fault I suppose. I heard there was a Nintendo Direct coming but didn't bother to pay attention cause the Switch is comical. I want the Master Edition for the swag. I'll play the game maybe sometime. Still haven't played my Skyward Sword LE but at least the controller goes nicely with my gold nunchuck.
The direct is for Fire Emblem.

Ordered a master and special at bestbuy. My CC already shows the authorization for the SE, but not the Master.....hmmm....I'm thinking nobody with a master at BB is safe yet.

I also just got a "here's $10 off anything" at bestbuy email. Pre-emptive apology for cancellation????
I ordered a copy of the master edition immediately after it was discovered - credit card shows authorization (like any other normal BestBuy preorder purchase).

ah damnit, I've been refreshing like crazy hoping for the masters edition on account of my GCU.  I panicked when getting called in for a couple hours but had no choice. I figured it would go up while I was at work and I was right. :(

Should I grab the special edition or do people think there will be a reprint on the masters? For that matter, will there be a master edition on the Wii U? Lastly, does BB charge your chard now or when it ships? I need to make sure I have enough in the bank...

ah damnit, I've been refreshing like crazy hoping for the masters edition on account of my GCU. I panicked when getting called in for a couple hours but had no choice. I figured it would go up while I was at work and I was right. :(

Should I grab the special edition or do people think there will be a reprint on the masters? For that matter, will there be a master edition on the Wii U? Lastly, does BB charge your chard now or when it ships? I need to make sure I have enough in the bank...
It sounds like Nintendo has indicated that the Master is truly limited (and likely OOS, now that all 3 retailers have had inventory post).

As someone noted a few posts back, BestBuy is now the only place to get the Special Edition....which will likely also sell out sooner rather than later. Reprints on this one are more nebulous, though if I had to guess...unlikely. This SE contains physical goods and I cannot remember a single occasion where Nintendo has reprinted a physical-good SE.

BestBuy pings your card to make sure there is sufficient funds, then deducts the payment from your available credit until it posts on shipment. So, you won't have to 'pay' for it until it ships, but you cannot use the funds for other things in the meantime.

Ah hell. Maybe I'll just settle for the standard edition as I already have a Wii U and am not sold on the switch. It sure would be sweet if the U got a masters edition though...

bread's done
Back