Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

The Special Editions are still pretty cool guys.  Put your order in at Best Buy before you regret not getting one. 

It's only missing the sword statue, which won't be super high quality or anything. 

Got the SE, didnt really think the Master Sword was worth 30 bucks, 79 with GCU

The carrying case is gonna be useful and your only paying 20 bucks extra from the games 59 price

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness, Mondo announces the drop date and time at least a day before, so it's not a surprise that they get instant sell-outs. Here, word barely had time to spread and it still sold out super quick at Best Buy and Amazon.
The date yes, but they go up at a random time (between waking hours). Pretty much the exact same case as here.

Got the SE, didnt really think the Master Sword was worth 30 bucks, 79 with GCU

The carrying case is gonna be useful and your only paying 20 bucks extra from the games 59 price
Well, since you have GCU you're paying $32 above the GCUprice of $48. Still worth it to me, being a collector, but worth noting none the less.

I do the Mondo thing too, but there haven't been many good prints in the last 1-2 years. I tried for the Rory Kurtz "Drive' last week and failed. I did happen to score one of the Kurtz 'A Clockwork Orange' however!
Ah, I remember seeing that one and it was pretty nice. My favorite set of prints have to be the Bounty Hunter Wave #2 from 5 or 6 years back, for obvious reasons. ;P

Eh, last hope for this is the midnight before the game actually launches. Though I still worry about people who secured their orders having them cancelled...

A week after release may net some copies for those who pre-ordered for in store pick-up and never pick the item up.

This is the first "Collector's Edition" Zelda I've missed out on so to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I won't, however, pay any scum on eBay.

Think this one might go back up again at some point?
Well Gamestop stated on Twitter they sold through their entire allotment and won't be getting more. Amazon and Bestbuy, who knows but I doubt they'll have em again unless it's from canceled orders.

Got both Zelda editions on Amazon, no prime but have GCU. Unfortunate that neither version came up on BB this morning but hats off to the rest of you who got it. Pre-ordered the special off BB, might flip the Masters. 

Got both Zelda editions on Amazon, no prime but have GCU. Unfortunate that neither version came up on BB this morning but hats off to the rest of you who got it. Pre-ordered the special off BB, might flip the Masters.
When did Amazon go up for the Master ed? I've been stalking that all day and never saw it. Got the system and the special ed. of Zelda locked down, though.

My confirmation email from the Master's Edition via Amazon was at 2:25 AM CST. I was mashing the refresh button like a sleep-deprived maniac and was pre-signed in, so it can't have gone up more than a minute or two before that. They were available for ten minutes or less.

On a related note, have the amiibo gone live on Amazon yet? They're unavailable, but I'm not sure if that means they sold out or they aren't live yet because I've been at work all day.

Thanks OP.  Ordered the Special Edition from Best Buy.  Just wanted the carrying case to be honest, but if Nintendo releases a better travel bag for it, I'll just return this.

Master edition had 1 click ordering, I guess I searched it the second it went up. I wasn't even interested but I bit on it. Guess I'm just lucky.

Thanks Obama

I did order a special edition also, I really want that carrying case

Yup, truest thing I've read today. Back when amiibos were the thing, I pre-ordered 2 Shulks like 3 months in advance. I went to get them the day they came out and they would only let me have one, unfortunately they sold them all already and I couldn't even get my one. It's hilarious because they always say "guarantee yourself a copy by giving me your $5." Then when you actually needed to guarantee yourself a copy, it's gone. Their promises are empty.
https://youtu.be/4T2GmGSNvaM

I got one Master edition from GameStop, hopefully it goes through and they don't damage it during shipping. I may just hang on to it for a while. It seems like it will only go up in value.

Man people are going to be flipping the masters edition for half a grand on ebay come March.
More power to them. Nintendo fans are lunatics and some of them will pay whatever to get what they want. Even though I'd want to keep the masters edition, I'd capitalize on it too had I been lucky enough to score. I'd rather have 200 bucks in my pocket to pay for half my Switch + Zelda.

Master Edition sold out at Amazon.de.

Edit: Still up at Amazon.fr:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01MS6R9FG/ref=twister_B01N7RT4SS
This is really interesting especially now that the Switch is region free. The EU games should be no different from NA versions besides some markings on the outer package. The question is will the EU games be treated like separate entities from NA games like they are on PSN, (meaning you wouldn't be able to play online multiplayer with people using a different region version of the same game).

Do we think all EU copies will have an English language option? I would think yes. There has to be one EU version that supports all major languages in the EU, right?

Is this basically the same as the NA version?
It looks like its just the game, the sword, and something else. That's why its not labeled as the Master Edition. Doesn't matter anyway. They just updated that listing to state it won't ship to the US. :nottalking:

G1eC2XT.jpg

Ordered master edition from amazon and gamestop, I trust amazon more than gamestop.  Figures best buy would put it up mid day when everyones at work and school, the complete opposite of amazon and gamestop releasing in the dead of night.

That's like your best one yet, Ferarri Racer :applause:

I like how it has actual quotes from this thread lol.

While I'm at work no less. Neat. Special edition it is, I guess, lol :/

Not rage - just an observation.

I missed the Master edition from BB despite trying to checkout over and over (bad work internet) but got the special edition.  Really the statue looks like a piece of plastic shit to me anyways (would be pretty nice if it was plaster or stone) and I wanted the cover, but I feel compelled to keep trying to checkout with the one still stuck in my BB cart. I feel like I am caught up in the 'limited edition' hype and will end up $30 poorer with nothing to show for it if the order goes through..... but I'ma try anyways.

:p

bread's done
Back