Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Just ordered one so I can put together my own ME if Dell pulls through. The only thing difference then would be the box.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yup, we're screwed.
Yeah, I would agree. I swear, the more I read and see from CS reps, the worst it gets. Oh, it's not marked limited, so your fine, WTF?! does that even mean? Unlimited inventory because it's not limited? Just based on what has gone on here with Dell just for this one item, I would say they they are about as clueless as it comes.

http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition/13/70avg9

Pre-Orders Opening Soon.....

Play-Asia typically does mark up these items to some extent plus the International Shipping to the USA but it may be one final opportunity to get one that isn't via eBay.
I always see these types of listings on their site, and if they ever go LIVE, it must be for seconds, as I never ever get in on any of them. Or they list the item expecting inventory, that never comes and then they "switch" it over to "out of print/out of stock". While this is a chance for some, it will be like winning the lottery if it's ever listed, as the window is going to be rather small.

You should already be doing this at any console release or limited edition pick up.
I had people in my family almost got rob over an Xbox 360 that was going to be common to find later.

I would had avoided gamestop if I had the money for amazon originally
I remember getting $1,300 for my 360 on eBay. I could see why the hooligans might try to snatch and grab.

So it's been live on dell for hours with a qty 10 limit and posted on multiple sites including gamefaqs, SD, IGN, and here. Yeah...there's just no way cancellations aren't imminent. 

Chatting with Dell to get that second order cancelled, and the rep just told me this:

Agent: I see that your order is in production stage and it is delaying due to stock unavailability.
Agent: I would like to inform you that, since this is not a Dell manufactured item, we do not have a direct control over its production and supply.

Whatever the hell that means.

Now he's trying to give me 10% off to not cancel one of my orders. This is very confusing.

So it's been live on dell for hours with a qty 10 limit and posted on multiple sites including gamefaqs, SD, IGN, and here. Yeah...there's just no way cancellations aren't imminent.
Nope, that's not possible because.........

currently we do not see any notification from the warehouse the limited quantity. Also there is no chance that the order will be cancelled since there is not status of limited quantity. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8wrr0ErsS4

Preview discussion of the first 5 hours of the game. No story spoilers. I'm watching it now so I'll update this post with highlights.

• They confirm you can actually head straight to the final boss. (One of them actually recommend everyone try doing it once you get off the plateau.)
  • Lots of game overs throughout the whole world. Lots of one-hit kills. But it doesn't feel "punishing", it guides you towards the intended next area.
  • Biggest complaint (which they admit is minor) is they feel like there is too much inventory management.
  • Very somber and almost "depressing" tone, all the characters are aware they are in a destroyed world. Much darker overall, much like Majora's Mask.
  • Lots of villages and tons of people within the game, who all keep their own schedules like Majora's Mask. However it is more dynamic, as they stop to interact with things and respond to weather.
  • Lots of references to older Zelda characters and games.
  • Shrines act as fast travel points, completing it gives you a spirit orb which you can cash in four of at Goddess statues to increase either your health or stamina.
  • Shrines feel very spread out even though there are so many, you get something that beeps when they are nearby (you can turn it off).
  • With patience you can get anywhere you want with the stamina, abilities and gear you have when you first leave the plateau.
  • They both talk vaguely about an enemy they encounter that feels like a very late-game enemy that just stares you down unless approached.
  • They end by saying this is an Ocarina of Time level of game, that will be held in that regard for years and years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chatting with Dell to get that second order cancelled, and the rep just told me this:

Agent: I see that your order is in production stage and it is delaying due to stock unavailability.
Agent: I would like to inform you that, since this is not a Dell manufactured item, we do not have a direct control over its production and supply.

Whatever the hell that means.

Now he's trying to give me 10% off to not cancel one of my orders. This is very confusing.

Nope, that's not possible because.........

currently we do not see any notification from the warehouse the limited quantity. Also there is no chance that the order will be cancelled since there is not status of limited quantity. LOL
We're screwed.

I see the number of copies for the Zelda Arts & Artifacts Limited Edition are going up on Ebay & Amazon Marketplace. Went from 42 to 107 for sale now on Ebay in less than 48hrs.

Price starting to go down as they undercut each other. Right now cheapest BIN going for $100. So if you are a die hard Zelda fan in need of one hold out as I bet this gets to $90 in next day or two and then $80 by sometime next week.

I see the number of copies for the Zelda Arts & Artifacts Limited Edition are going up on Ebay & Amazon Marketplace. Went from 42 to 107 for sale now on Ebay in less than 48hrs.

Price starting to go down as they undercut each other. Right now cheapest BIN going for $100. So if you are a die hard Zelda fan in need of one hold out as I bet this gets to $90 in next day or two and then $80 by sometime next week.
$80 would be MSRP. Why would it go that low unless its used?

$80 would be MSRP. Why would it go that low unless its used?
Folks have sold LRG releases for less than MSRP. Here's looking at you, One Way Heroics.

As for the Zelda art book, there are simply too many copies for resellers out there. The previous book was limited to 4,000 copies, a whopping 6,000 less than this run, and was barely selling for more than retail for the longest time. Now that most of the copies have been purchased up by collectors, the price is starting to climb. No guarantee that the Arts & Artifacts will drop to MSRP or lower, but it isn't unheard of.

Just updated my order to apply gift cards and changed my shipping address on my Amazon ME preorder and my order updated just fine. No cancellation.
Yet. If there's another round you could be at the end and in trouble. Unless you have to, it's crazy to change anything with how their order queue system works. I have enough gift card balance to cover the cost but there's no way I'm touching it.

Talking about orders "Your Amazon.com order (#000000000-0000000)

""Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition" Estimated arrival date: April 10, 2017 - April 14, 2017"

Amazon you have to stop sending me shipping updates every second till my game arrives before I have a heart attack.

I can't read my email without thinking my pre-order is cancel.

Qwj4QVj.jpg

My NowInStock browser alert page didn't go off for some reason, so I missed Walmart pre-orders. Damn. This thing is great when it works, not so much when it just doesn't.

That's funny, Dell's ship date on the SE's product page changed to 10/3/2017.

I know this has little chance of shipping (and I'm not even getting a Switch at launch) but still want to secure a copy if at all possible.

Edit: Looks like it's out of stock. Product page does not even appear in search results.

set it up for texts/email alerts too
I do, but those take too long to arrive. Usually with these super lower quantity items they're gone by the time I get the messages.

Btw, here's some nightmare fuel for all of you who were lucky enough to not have your pre-orders cancelled:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_24_at_12_21_32_PM.png

Ain't it just the saddest thing you ever saw? Damn. R.I.P.

Not sure if this is has been implemented on their site already, but Amazon UK is asking to punch in a captcha code to verify that you are not a bot. This should be somewhat good news for those interested in BotW right?

I do, but those take too long to arrive. Usually with these super lower quantity items they're gone by the time I get the messages.

Btw, here's some nightmare fuel for all of you who were lucky enough to not have your pre-orders cancelled:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_24_at_12_21_32_PM.png

Ain't it just the saddest thing you ever saw? Damn. R.I.P.
photo-thumb-489032.jpg

Not sure if this is has been implemented on their site already, but Amazon UK is asking to punch in a captcha code to verify that you are not a bot. This should be somewhat good news for those interested in BotW right?
Its about time, all sites need to do this. Bots are only going to get more common.

I've been waiting for this to release for so long, but it keeps getting pushed back. I figured it was going to release alongside BotW, but it looks like it's not coming out until Summer now.

People "cutting their losses" instead of just being patient.
Since its still soon after release they could just return it to whichever store they got it from and got a refund. I dont think we will see it new for MSRP unless people are just idiots.

Yet. If there's another round you could be at the end and in trouble. Unless you have to, it's crazy to change anything with how their order queue system works. I have enough gift card balance to cover the cost but there's no way I'm touching it.
That's true thanks for the forewarning. I don't see any more cancellations at this point. I think Amazon got their updated numbers this week since their warehouses are going to prepare shipping these out over the next week but your point still stands.

I really had no choice. I moved out of my apartment a couple of weeks ago so I had to change my address and I figured I might as well apply my gift card balance instead of paying out of pocket. It's kind of crazy to realize that we got 20% off MSRP on top of the value the ME is worth right now (and trending upwards as we speak - just as I had predicted yesterday all of the US preorders for less than $400 have sold already so now there are less than 100 copies online. Aside from one listing that is undercutting himself - dumbass - this CE is now at $400+ territory). I'm pessimistic it'll hit $1K but I can see this going over $500+ eventually.

Looks cheap I think I will cancel my bb special edition. I'd rather have that money in my pocket. Just happy to be able to play it on the Wii u

It is finally showing as Out of Stock, so that's some small glimmer of hope? Maybe?
Yup, you're right. The product does not even appear in Dell's search results anymore. The product page is still alive, but clicking Add to Cart throws an error.
Product page: www.dell.com/en-us/shop/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-nintendo-switch/apd/a9550651/gaming

Oh snap, forgot I had the ME preordered at BBY too. Not sure if I even want it anymore, would rather just have the Special Edition. Obviously I'm not cancelling it. Hopefully this one doesn't get cancelled like my Amazon order.

Oh snap, forgot I had the ME preordered at BBY too. Not sure if I even want it anymore, would rather just have the Special Edition. Obviously I'm not cancelling it. Hopefully this one doesn't get cancelled like my Amazon order.
Just checked my Best Buy orders as well, and it turns out I didn't order the ME from them. Oh well, worth a shot. :p

bread's done
Back