Zelda Wii U Bundle $98.71 @ Sams Club(YMMV)

For anybody on the hunt in the Midwest, I can confirm that there are none at the Cicero store in Chicago, and that I grabbed the one that was left at the store in Madison, WI.

Didn't check any of the other Chicago-area Sam's Clubses.
Damn. Was going to check a few around Chicago tomorrow

You know you didn't call all of these stores. I would hope you have better things to do with your time to call stores for a product you can't even get. I agree that it's a little hard to believe some of the people getting it for $70 (it'd be nice for them to simply post a picture of the receipt; doesn't even take long at all) but I can believe the $150+ prices especially with the picture posted on page 2.
I called every single store. It's was only a handful and it only too a few minutes.

Why?

Well because ever since a certain NeoGAF mod came to this site, and ever since the 4chan kiddies invaded, CAG has gone into the toilet.

If someone says they got a deal like this and refuse to post proof then everyone should assume they're lying. Especially when the OP only has four previous posts. Sending people on a wild goose chase is a major dick move, but you know those kids love their "epic trolling for the lulz!"

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two of the Zelda bundles here, but they are still $299.99.  The 32gb standard black is ringing up in the system at $63.  None within 100 miles though.

I called every single store. It's was only a handful and it only too a few minutes.

Why?

Well because ever since a certain NeoGAF mod came to this site, and ever since the 4chan kiddies invaded, CAG has gone into the toilet.

If someone says they got a deal like this and refuse to post proof then everyone should assume they're lying. Especially when the OP only has four previous posts. Sending people on a wild goose chase is a major dick move, but you know those kids love their "epic trolling for the lulz!"
There was a pic of the $98.71 receipt on the first page, but it was removed for some reason. I think it was actually about $150, because it included membership renewal, as a few of the follow up comments indicate.

Why?

This has been brought up before this thread even in another thread... This is a real deal that some people are getting and discrediting someone for posting history seems a bit ridiculous when you have been here since 05 and have not even reached 100...

No luck at the Sam's Club in my town. They had two Zelda editions, no regular models. There wasn't a UPC or price on the plastic display item, they had to check upstairs where the physical item was held. It got my hopes up for a second but ended up $299.99. Very nice help from the employees though. Best of luck to everyone else who tries.

I checked 2 Sam's Clubs today in NH and struck out.  One had it ringing up at $299 and the other (which I called and they were rude to me so I ended up checking in person) was completely out.  Time to expand my search to MA and CT (Leavin, if you see this post and have any way to check those stores let me know!)

this is scam or cruel joke by op here r the 3 reason 1. he dont list state 2. no way a wiiu is that cheap he must mean orig wii with tilight princess 3. he lied i check sams club here in md and it wasnt htis cheap f*** u op u wasted my time

Damn. Was going to check a few around Chicago tomorrow
Like I said, I can save you a trip to the Cicero one, but I didn't check Evanston, Evergreen Park, Hodgkins, Calumet City, or Northlake. And there are lots more to try if you're willing to shlep more than 20 miles.

Don't lose hope, is my point, if you have some time to wander around tomorrow. :)

This is a legitimate deal, not sure how people could think otherwise. It's just rare and very YMMV considering how Sam's Club handles clearance and inventory. 

Receipts have been posted, and although I can't for the life of me get it to work, people have posted pictures of the website showing the in-store price for their local stores.

Thanks for the tip shatterstar23. I caught this one too late (though I haven't seen any success stories in CA anyway) but I've managed to snag some pretty sweet clearance/YMMV deals this year so I can't complain.

On to the next one.

have u idiots (sorry 2 call u that but ur acting like it) ever hear of PHOTOSHOP. it let u ALTER picture. the nly ppl on this thread that got deal r the members no 1 heard of they r tricking u prob from slickdeals.

have u idiots (sorry 2 call u that but ur acting like it) ever hear of PHOTOSHOP. it let u ALTER picture. the nly ppl on this thread that got deal r the members no 1 heard of they r tricking u prob from slickdeals.
Please read the entire thread before you attack people. Learn about ymmv deals. We can let this slide since you have been a cag for only, what...a few days now?

stop bringing up my name and who the f*** is pepsiman i dont think he ven exited. also u act like 2 ppl cant have same name get real jacka**

georox,

AlfredSteele has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "sams club scam".

AlfredSteele said:

go scam some1 else a******

Hehehe. Cute :D This guy must be special.

Alright, great road trip and story for this WiiU.

Alright so started out this morning when my friend came over to drive me from Atlanta to Albany, Georgia. We both knew the ride takes 3 hours to get there but we haven't seen each other in about 2 months. End up talking the whole way about life, games, girls, etc. Was pretty great though. He's still here now actually just chilling with my roommates.

Anyways, end up driving to the most country part of Georgia I've ever been too. Everyone called "carts" "buggies". Took me a while to understand that. There was farm land everywhere. We drove for about an hour once we got there and were literally the only car on the highway. 

So we get to Sams and I forgot I didn't bring my friends business card with me. No problem, I had the one day pass. Apparently they don't take one day passes at this specific Sam's Club. No problem, I brought a $45 membership and was told that I can just return it when I'm done since they don't take one day memberships.

I go to one of the associates and ask where I can get someone to open up the LockIn to get it for me. He directed me to the Manager who has the keys. She tells me I need a ticket to get it. I asked where can I get a ticket to buy it. She told me to go to any of the registers and they will give me a ticket to get it.

I wait in line to get a ticket (and there is about 200 people in the store so the line was amazingly long. Never seen a Sam's Club this packed too but seeing as it's one of the 5 stores we saw in this town).

As I finally get to the front of the line and explain what I'm there for, the lady looks at me and says that she has no idea why they sent me to her. She needs a ticket and I should get one before going to her.

She directs me to Click N Pull area. I go there and the girl opens up two different cases but couldn't find it. She directs me to the first lady I spoke to, the manager who finally did her damn job and said we have it right here in the system. Before she helped me, she end up letting people cut me to take care of them.

My friend and I are sitting there going WTF to each other. We had to go through 5+ people and took 1 hour b/c the store was so packed. Than we get directed to the first person we talked to. REALLY!

Anyways, she enters the item number in the system but still couldn't find it. The helpful girl from Click N Pull found it in their office. The manager finally allowed me to pay for it. 

I go to Membership and try to cancel my membership. The people (of course) put up a fight. I understand too, it looks bad on them. But I was not driving all the way back for the business card and still didn't understand why they couldn't accept my 1 day pass. 

They had to call a head manager who had no problem refunding me my money. He did say I can't return it but I could care less about that. The manager women was salty about me doing that but she could have helped me from the start instead of leading me around the store with poorly managed people who don't know what's going on.

All in all, did have a great time just hanging out with my friend and scoring a great deal. Spent $50 for gas too. So saved about $150 in all. Thanks to leavinhope for this deal! YOU ARE GREAT!

Receipts and Pics

tMDv88W.jpg

2qjs7SH.jpg

is85Cpy.jpg

nugNXrd.jpg

I love how the unwitting lowly cashier 'found it in the office'.  You know that Cliff Townsend is so mad that you raised a stink and took his Wii U!

Alright so started out this morning when my friend came over to drive me from Atlanta to Albany, Georgia. We both knew the ride takes 3 hours to get there but we haven't seen each other in about 2 months. End up talking the whole way about life, games, girls, etc. Was pretty great though. He's still here now actually just chilling with my roommates.

Anyways, end up driving to the most country part of Georgia I've ever been too. Everyone called "carts" "buggies". Took me a while to understand that. There was farm land everywhere. We drove for about an hour once we got there and were literally the only car on the highway.

So we get to Sams and I forgot I didn't bring my friends business card with me. No problem, I had the one day pass. Apparently they don't take one day passes at this specific Sam's Club. No problem, I brought a $45 membership and was told that I can just return it when I'm done since they don't take one day memberships.

I go to one of the associates and ask where I can get someone to open up the LockIn to get it for me. He directed me to the Manager who has the keys. She tells me I need a ticket to get it. I asked where can I get a ticket to buy it. She told me to go to any of the registers and they will give me a ticket to get it.

I wait in line to get a ticket (and there is about 200 people in the store so the line was amazingly long. Never seen a Sam's Club this packed too but seeing as it's one of the 5 stores we saw in this town).

As I finally get to the front of the line and explain what I'm there for, the lady looks at me and says that she has no idea why they sent me to her. She needs a ticket and I should get one before going to her.

She directs me to Click N Pull area. I go there and the girl opens up two different cases but couldn't find it. She directs me to the first lady I spoke to, the manager who finally did her damn job and said we have it right here in the system. Before she helped me, she end up letting people cut me to take care of them.

My friend and I are sitting there going WTF to each other. We had to go through 5+ people and took 1 hour b/c the store was so packed. Than we get directed to the first person we talked to. REALLY!

Anyways, she enters the item number in the system but still couldn't find it. The helpful girl from Click N Pull found it in their office. The manager finally allowed me to pay for it.

I go to Membership and try to cancel my membership. The people (of course) put up a fight. I understand too, it looks bad on them. But I was not driving all the way back for the business card and still didn't understand why they couldn't accept my 1 day pass.

They had to call a head manager who had no problem refunding me my money. He did say I can't return it but I could care less about that. The manager women was salty about me doing that but she could have helped me from the start instead of leading me around the store with poorly managed people who don't know what's going on.

All in all, did have a great time just hanging out with my friend and scoring a great deal. Spent $50 for gas too. So saved about $150 in all. Thanks to leavinhope for this deal! YOU ARE GREAT!

Receipts and Pics

tMDv88W.jpg

2qjs7SH.jpg

is85Cpy.jpg

nugNXrd.jpg
Nice serial Dave!

Sam's Club associate here. All deals are very much YMMV. Looking at the inventory systems we have here, there are 11 clubs that are showing one on hand of the Zelda Wii U bundles at $98.71. In my experience, it's hit or miss if the Clubs actually have them physically on hand to sell. Clubs 8292 (Memphis), 8280 (El Paso), 8107 (Huntsville), 8106 (Montgomery), 6541 (Princeton), 6435 (Tuscaloosa), 6372 (Dallas), 6303 (West Allis, WI), 6259 (Round Rock, TX), 4947 (Zanesville, OH) and 4816 (Aurora, CO). Hope this helps someone find one.
Zanesville store says $300 when I try to do click n pull.

Checked mine today.  Nothing but some OLD 360 bundles in the cage.  Other than getting hounded by an associate who thought I was stealing at the self check out line, it was a fine trip.  

Only if you are unemployed or a student IMO.

No adult in his right mind would even consider that.
I appreciate you identifying that your statement was your opinion. As it is your entitlement, this puts an end to a potentially long banter of reason and logic.

I will point out that A)Yesterday was Saturday and I had off work and im a student and I'm also an adult. and B) Since he had a friend he was catching up with and they just made it a trip out of it; its not a big deal.

Why?

Your intentions may have been well-placed (?) but its obvious that since Yigytugd just posted a picture of his receipt confirming the purchase; your deduction was incorrect on this one. Also I find it hard to believe it took you "minutes". I called all my Sams clubs and it took a minimum of 10 minutes each (if I was lucky)

I do agree with the neglecting to post proof of a deal; I can't wrap my mind around why someone wouldn't do that and it does make it look suspicious. It takes 2 minutes tops out of your life to do it..I just don't understand.

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/wittynickname/media/samsclubreceipt.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I don't have a great grasp on how to include photos. Here's a first try, for all of you doubters.

WTF Austin? :wall:
Yeah...he got it from the store off of 290. I know because I was looking for this very system weeks ago.

(Posted about it in this http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324047-wii-u-32gb-black-with-nintendo-land-for-19171-at-sams-club/page-2#entry11504837 thread)

Employees at the store must've pulled that system out of their collective asses or something because they looked all over for the system when I went, and didn't find squat. All they had in their cage was a dusty as hell Zelda Wii U bundle for $191.71 that I ended up going home with.

Receipts and Pics
tMDv88W.jpg

2qjs7SH.jpg

is85Cpy.jpg

nugNXrd.jpg

Protip - if you really want to cheese the managers off, keep the membership for 363 days and then go in and say you weren't satisfied with the membership. They have to provide a full refund of the membership fees as long as you cancel it before the year is up.

I called a few around me, and One in my area has 1 in stock but refused to tell me the price, and its a 45 minute trip, another said they have them in stock at MSRP. o well.

Protip - if you really want to cheese the managers off, keep the membership for 363 days and then go in and say you weren't satisfied with the membership. They have to provide a full refund of the membership fees as long as you cancel it before the year is up.
That's a CAG deal right there!

I made a trip in to my club 2 days ago. They have 1 deluxe sitting in the cage buried under 10 xboxes.
I had them scan the card for the system price because it was marked at 344.xx. Well no luck it rang up as 299.xx. I asked if they would price match their own store. I expected the no we don't do that but The cashier who was really nice and was the green vest manager said,yes as long as my friend who lives in another state bought the system within the last 7 days. So thank you yigitugd. I only had a pic of the original receipt posted and the date shows 10-25. I know this is still YMMV but for those who haven't seen a price drop you might be able to get a price match. I'm going back tonight to give it a go. Now I just have to find that manager.

I made a trip in to my club 2 days ago. They have 1 deluxe sitting in the cage buried under 10 xboxes.
I had them scan the card for the system price because it was marked at 344.xx. Well no luck it rang up as 299.xx. I asked if they would price match their own store. I expected the no we don't do that but The cashier who was really nice and was the green vest manager said,yes as long as my friend who lives in another state bought the system within the last 7 days. So thank you yigitugd. I only had a pic of the original receipt posted and the date shows 10-25. I know this is still YMMV but for those who haven't seen a price drop you might be able to get a price match. I'm going back tonight to give it a go. Now I just have to find that manager.
Let me know sir! I'll be headed down to mine asap lol

Green vest denotes an hourly supervisor, not a manager (or coach as we refer to them).

bread's done
Back