Zelda Wii U Bundle $98.71 @ Sams Club(YMMV)

I appreciate you identifying that your statement was your opinion. As it is your entitlement, this puts an end to a potentially long banter of reason and logic.

I will point out that A)Yesterday was Saturday and I had off work and im a student and I'm also an adult. and B) Since he had a friend he was catching up with and they just made it a trip out of it; its not a big deal.
College student doesn't qualify as an adult. Get back to me after you graduate and work for a few years, tell me then if it still sounds like a good use of your time.

I wasn't knocking the guy, I made that post when he was "still deciding" - and I told him it was crazy. He went for it and got the deal, good for him. But I still think it was a waste of time that only a student aged person would even CONSIDER, let alone actually do. I'm just surprised anyone actually went along, I can safely say that 100% of my college buddies would have laughed in my face if i suggested a 6 hour road-trip to a rural Sam's Club. :rofl:

Leavin: how ymmv is it for a green vest or manager to price match a pic on a phone like was done for that other cag?

Extremely YMMV, like I would have made the person put it in writing. We have people bring printouts of price matching in my department and we still get grief for wanting to price match from actual mangers.

This is a legitimate deal, not sure how people could think otherwise. It's just rare and very YMMV considering how Sam's Club handles clearance and inventory.

Receipts have been posted, and although I can't for the life of me get it to work, people have posted pictures of the website showing the in-store price for their local stores.

Thanks for the tip shatterstar23. I caught this one too late (though I haven't seen any success stories in CA anyway) but I've managed to snag some pretty sweet clearance/YMMV deals this year so I can't complain.

On to the next one.
Where in Cali are you from

College student doesn't qualify as an adult. Get back to me after you graduate and work for a few years, tell me then if it still sounds like a good use of your time.

I wasn't knocking the guy, I made that post when he was "still deciding" - and I told him it was crazy. He went for it and got the deal, good for him. But I still think it was a waste of time that only a student aged person would even CONSIDER, let alone actually do. I'm just surprised anyone actually went along, I can safely say that 100% of my college buddies would have laughed in my face if i suggested a 6 hour road-trip to a rural Sam's Club. :rofl:
You have issues. Yes, I am a university student. I have multiple jobs throughout the year (5 jobs last year) to constantly pay for my education which is $14k a year (thank God for scholarships and grants that help out). Only reason I have multiple jobs (2 at a most at a time) is so I can experience different types of jobs, network and I don't want to be held down to one job knowing my school work gets in the way. That and eBay pays more money than any of my jobs.

I am the only one who pays for my education as half of my family are also in college and have bills of their own to pay. Can they help me, sure, but I rather pay my own bills.

My main job is eBay. I sell games (of course), electronics, computers, etc. Mainly from deal hunting at stores and pawn shops. You may not think that's a job but I make $10k a year doing that and can buy everything I want. I have the free time I need to go deal hunting (though it's my job), do my school work, and still maintain a healthy personal life and a 4.0 GPA.

Honestly, judging people b/c they know to balance their life and you're stuck in some dead end job where you go in everyday waiting to tell your boss off but end up pissing yourself and saying "YES SIR".

As for my time. It certainly was not wasted. Spent $100 on the WiiU, $50 in gas, saved $150 from buying it new, and had a great road trip and hung out with one of my best friends. Time to you must be sitting in a cubical all day. Congrats.

Protip - if you really want to cheese the managers off, keep the membership for 363 days and then go in and say you weren't satisfied with the membership. They have to provide a full refund of the membership fees as long as you cancel it before the year is up.
Should have done that too. I wouldn't drive up there in roughly a year just to do it though. Wanted to piss her off right than and there for doing that to us. But no, she will get a nice message from me from the survey and I will be calling the store to speak to a head manager about the lack of communication in the store and poor manager on her part.

I made a trip in to my club 2 days ago. They have 1 deluxe sitting in the cage buried under 10 xboxes.
I had them scan the card for the system price because it was marked at 344.xx. Well no luck it rang up as 299.xx. I asked if they would price match their own store. I expected the no we don't do that but The cashier who was really nice and was the green vest manager said,yes as long as my friend who lives in another state bought the system within the last 7 days. So thank you yigitugd. I only had a pic of the original receipt posted and the date shows 10-25. I know this is still YMMV but for those who haven't seen a price drop you might be able to get a price match. I'm going back tonight to give it a go. Now I just have to find that manager.
You're welcome! Glad others are able to get the deal somehow. Keep us updated on if you get it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

:speaktothehand: Allow me to end this right here as it's going to turn into something I do not wish to partake in (as fun as it would be to throttle your hubris O:) ).

You have issues. Yes, I am a university student. I have multiple jobs throughout the year (5 jobs last year) to constantly pay for my education which is $14k a year (thank God for scholarships and grants that help out). Only reason I have multiple jobs (2 at a most at a time) is so I can experience different types of jobs, network and I don't want to be held down to one job knowing my school work gets in the way. That and eBay pays more money than any of my jobs.
I am the only one who pays for my education as half of my family are also in college and have bills of their own to pay. Can they help me, sure, but I rather pay my own bills.

My main job is eBay. I sell games (of course), electronics, computers, etc. Mainly from deal hunting at stores and pawn shops. You may not think that's a job but I make $10k a year doing that and can buy everything I want. I have the free time I need to go deal hunting (though it's my job), do my school work, and still maintain a healthy personal life and a 4.0 GPA.

Honestly, judging people b/c they know to balance their life and you're stuck in some dead end job where you go in everyday waiting to tell your boss off but end up pissing yourself and saying "YES SIR".

As for my time. It certainly was not wasted. Spent $100 on the WiiU, $50 in gas, saved $150 from buying it new, and had a great road trip and hung out with one of my best friends. Time to you must be sitting in a cubical all day. Congrats.

Should have done that too. I wouldn't drive up there in roughly a year just to do it though. Wanted to piss her off right than and there for doing that to us. But no, she will get a nice message from me from the survey and I will be calling the store to speak to a head manager about the lack of communication in the store and poor manager on her part.

You're welcome! Glad others are able to get the deal somehow. Keep us updated on if you get it too.
Best bet is to call 1-800-WAL-MART and complain about your experience. Or find our who the district manager is (this is the person above the Club general manager) and complain to them.

Leavin does your store have caller id? Trying to call my Miami location and the call keeps picking up and hanging up

I wasn't attacking you personally, just stating this was obviously an endeavor only a college student would think is a good idea - and I was right. So what? You actually asked for opinion originally, and I gave it. No need to get hyper-defensive over what i say.

Love how that results in some wall-of-text rant with weak-ass assumptions about what *I* do. Think you need a look in the mirror before accusing someone else have having issues.

Anyway, this is my last post on the topic. I wasn't trying to get in a back and forth - and in the end you did get the deal. My original post was before you went on the deal hunt - otherwise I wouldn't have even replied with what I thought as far as if it was worth going for it or not.

Best bet is to call 1-800-WAL-MART and complain about your experience. Or find our who the district manager is (this is the person above the Club general manager) and complain to them.
I tried that one years ago. Was never ever able to speak to an actual human and left multiple messages to the district manager with no response ever. It was a big waste of time.

Unrelated, but I always find it funny people complaint about no pictures of receipt. People take the time to post a deal to help people out. I've yet to come across a real troll deal on this site. I forget what I posted once, but people were just complaining it wasn't real and demanded a picture for proof. Meanwhile, other people were getting in on the deal.

LOL. Too funny. Not going to lie, I thought it was fuck ing crazy to drive 6 hours for it as well, but it's your life to live as you see fit.  

I wonder how the clearance schedule works. I found a few, but they're still full price. I'll gladly pay ~200 and be done with it. Crazy thing is, two of the Sam's here have clearanced them out so I wonder what the hold up is.

It was either spend 6 hours watching Heroes, packaging my shipments, or hanging with my best friend and getting an epic deal. That and we love traveling to new places.

I saved $150 which is lot more than I would have got working some minimum wage job for 6 hours. Funny since I make that much in 1 day with my eBay sales.

But yeah, I know for others its crazy but yeah, I save money and make money. Can't care too much when I know others rather work a bunch of hours at a desk. And that I work hard for everything I want / need and enjoy every second of it.

No need to rationalize. All a matter of perspective, and it's cool you got what you wanted. I'm sure I've done/currently do things that seem "crazy" to others. That's one good ass friend, though. LOL. 

No need to rationalize. All a matter of perspective, and it's cool you got what you wanted. I'm sure I've done/currently do things that seem "crazy" to others. That's one good ass friend, though. LOL.
I agree. It was out there. I think we've all gone above and beyond for at least one deal.

Can the Sams Club employee please check South Carolina?
I listed all the Clubs that I saw that had ones in stock according to their inventory counts. I can update what I find tomorrow morning but am really being reluctant about posting any other deals I may come across because of the general disbelief about the validity of the information and the general lack of reading comprehension. These deals are barely in 2% of the total Clubs across the country.

I listed all the Clubs that I saw that had ones in stock according to their inventory counts. I can update what I find tomorrow morning but am really being reluctant about posting any other deals I may come across because of the general disbelief about the validity of the information and the general lack of reading comprehension. These deals are barely in 2% of the total Clubs across the country.
Your posts haven't directly benefitted me, but I want to tell you that I really appreciate how helpful you have been in finding these for other CAGs. I lucked into finding a Deluxe (not Zelda) back in January, I think, for $19?.?? (I had been aware from the earlier thread that some clubs had them on deep discount, but I didn't expect to actually find one). I can't tell how many of the nonbelievers are genuine, and how many are just trying to stir things up, but try not to let it get you down.

If you have a chance, something else that might help people in this thread would be finding the locations that have the Wii U Pro controllers super cheap, if there are any left.

There is a picture/receipt a few posts above you. Are you mad that you can't get it on this deal?
No I just want an end to all the doubts. Nothing will silence the doubts like physical hardware.

I actually called the store in question, spoke with a woman who checked the numbers on the receipt. She wasn't sure it was an actual console. Meanwhile if you ask them if they have the Wii U in stock they say it costs $299.98.

Here's the number I called 1-512-358-8695.

I also gotta say that a sh** posting bait site called dualshockers posted a story about American retailers "dumping" Wii U hardware. They used this topic as their sources. Sorta seems like a Fox News tactic. You plant a rumor somewhere else then you report on that same rumor that you started.

Either way, this is an amazing deal if true and we should do all we can to confirm it's validity. There's nothing wrong with demanding solid proof and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. It's funny that none of the other deal sites have picked up on this story.

No I just want an end to all the doubts. Nothing will silence the doubts like physical hardware.

I actually called the store in question, spoke with a woman who checked the numbers on the receipt. She wasn't sure it was an actual console. Meanwhile if you ask them if they have the Wii U in stock they say it costs $299.98.

Here's the number I called 1-512-358-8695.

I also gotta say that a sh** posting bait site called dualshockers posted a story about American retailers "dumping" Wii U hardware. They used this topic as their sources. Sorta seems like a Fox News tactic. You plant a rumor somewhere else then you report on that same rumor that you started.

Either way, this is an amazing deal if true and we should do all we can to confirm it's validity. There's nothing wrong with demanding solid proof and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. It's funny that none of the other deal sites have picked up on this story.
It's real now shHUUUUUTUuuutuutuuuUUUUuuuuuUuuuTTTT UUUUUuUUUuuuuuuUUUUUPPPPPPPPP

Please don't feed the troll. 
troll_icons_2_28891_7697_thumb.png

How can there be so much vitriol in a Wii U thread? It's got such happy games.
We are just talking about price drops and how some stores are getting rid of the Wii U.

It's great for some of us since we are buying the console at or below the price that we think it's worth.

Maybe Nintendo will officially drop the price again so that the Wii U can compete with the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are still great consoles so the Wii U is going to have a hard time unless it gets another price drop.

The more times I see the Wii U go on clearance and on sale , the more I think that Nintendo needs to drop the price of the console.

....and how some stores are getting rid of the Wii U.
There's the rub.

Strangely enough all the stores mentioned in this topic still have the hardware in stock at full price. So is there some other chain that's getting rid of the Wii U? Because it certainly isn't Sam's Club.

That's what this whole topic is. Nothing but troll bait.
Stop. Several people have posted pictures. This has been going on for months (check the other thread). It appears Sam's has stopped carrying this.

How can there be so much vitriol in a Wii U thread? It's got such happy games.
Nintendo apparently killed a lot people's dogs. Every single thread devolves into utter non-sense.

so that the Wii U can compete with the PS3 and Xbox 360.
SMH. What?

SMH. What?
Wasn't the Wii U meant to compete with the Xbox 360 and PS3? It's too expensive at the moment compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 though.

Nintendo chose really outdated hardware on purpose you know. It's not like they wanted to match the Xbox One or PS4 in terms of power or features.

Wasn't the Wii U meant to compete with the Xbox 360 and PS3? It's too expensive at the moment compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 though.

Nintendo chose really outdated hardware on purpose you know. It's not like they wanted to match the Xbox One or PS4 in terms of power or features.
Be less obvious.

And yet its still available online and in every store that I checked.

Weird huh?
Ok, so, they have some stock left. Doesn't mean it isn't discontinued. Who knows what the reason is. Maybe Sam's won't be selling games for much longer. Maybe a new SKU is coming. Or, maybe Wii U just isn't selling. Idk. But out of several Sam's in my area, only one has any stock left, and it's the Zelda edition at full price.

Well all I know is the Deluxe Edition WiiU is not being made anymore (wasn't it a launch promotion?). No store has it in stock apart from random Amazon sellers. 

My GS only stocks the Skylanders Bundle and the Zelda Bundle in store. The Mario Bundle has to be bought online. Not sure if the website even has the regular NintendoLand Bundle anymore, not sure about other stores.

Big thing is all the Wii U's except for the original 8 GB one and the Skylanders Bundle have the spend $50, get $5 back promotion.

Also, I'm not sure how related this is, but ASDA (which I believe is Wal-Mart UK) clearanced out Wii U's as well.

Oh, and I believe it was the basic model Nintendo phased out, not the deluxe. I could be wrong, though.

No dice today around Lisle, IL. Checked the one on 59 by Fox Valley and then the one near Hobson/63rd.

: /

I really wanted one hah oh well

I think I speak for the majority of the people here when I say that we appreciate what you do/you've done. Truth be told there are people who will lie about getting a deal (I will never understand this?) but here you've been providing info and people have been getting it. The lack of reading comprehension is an intellectual flaw you are bound to run into from time to time when dealing with Internet forums.

Here's an update on stock levels. Item number 595158 - the Wii U with Nintendoland : Club 6426 (Salina, KS) and 6203 (Columbia, SC) are showing one in stock in $239.71. Clubs 4817 (Birmingham, AL) and 8155 (Gainesville) are showing in stocks at $197.71, 4817 has 1 & 8155 has 2. Club 8203 (Marietta, GA) "supposedly" has 1 in stock at $122.72, this one I believe to not be there. Finally, if they have them, Clubs 6643 (Atlanta), 6458 (Lynchburg) and 6410 (Pearl City) supposedly have one in stock at $62.71.

Now onto the Zelda bundle, item number 343790. Clubs 8295 (Texarkana, TX) and 6310 (Fridley, MN) have one in stock a piece at $239.71. Club 4732 (Glendale, AZ) has one at $191.71. Finally, only 3 Clubs have one in stock at $98.71, Clubs 6541 (Princeton, NJ), 6372 (Dallas) and 6303 (West Allis, WI) are still showing ones in stock.

Here's where it gets a little interesting about the Zelda Wii U's. 5 of the Clubs I listed that people said didn't have them each sold one this weekend. The Clubs in Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Aurora and Round Rock each sold one this weekend. Take that for what it's worth

I listed the only Clubs that have them marked down. Other Clubs either have them full price or don't carry them anymore.

Here's an update on stock levels. Item number 595158 - the Wii U with Nintendoland : Club 6426 (Salina, KS) and 6203 (Columbia, SC) are showing one in stock in $239.71. Clubs 4817 (Birmingham, AL) and 8155 (Gainesville) are showing in stocks at $197.71, 4817 has 1 & 8155 has 2. Club 8203 (Marietta, GA) "supposedly" has 1 in stock at $122.72, this one I believe to not be there. Finally, if they have them, Clubs 6643 (Atlanta), 6458 (Lynchburg) and 6410 (Pearl City) supposedly have one in stock at $62.71.

Now onto the Zelda bundle, item number 343790. Clubs 8295 (Texarkana, TX) and 6310 (Fridley, MN) have one in stock a piece at $239.71. Club 4732 (Glendale, AZ) has one at $191.71. Finally, only 3 Clubs have one in stock at $98.71, Clubs 6541 (Princeton, NJ), 6372 (Dallas) and 6303 (West Allis, WI) are still showing ones in stock.

Here's where it gets a little interesting about the Zelda Wii U's. 5 of the Clubs I listed that people said didn't have them each sold one this weekend. The Clubs in Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Aurora and Round Rock each sold one this weekend. Take that for what it's worth

I listed the only Clubs that have them marked down. Other Clubs either have them full price or don't carry them anymore.
West Allis 6303 must be an error or they wouldn't sell it to me then, because that's where I went the other night. Each person I asked for help told me they didn't carry the Wii U at all anymore and they had none to sell. I didn't see one anywhere.

West Allis 6303 must be an error or they wouldn't sell it to me then, because that's where I went the other night. Each person I asked for help told me they didn't carry the Wii U at all anymore and they had none to sell. I didn't see one anywhere.
The computer inventory is showing one on hand so either they don't want to look or have no clue where it is, possibly stolen. One way or another, they will be taking a loss on it either partial if they find it to sell it, or full on loss if they can't find it.

Go back today and ask them to check the cage. I would see if you can drum up some small talk with someone in electronics and see if they will help look.

I'd also ask them to check their on hand count in the computer too. Say you had another local Club check the inventory and their store popped up.

Leavinhope,

Thank you for checking SC for me. I know which store that is in Columbia.

I was in there about 2 weeks ago and they still had it at full price then.

If only I was closer I'd make the drive to get it. I'm about 3 hours away right now. With my work schedule and everything considered unless it's still there in 2 weeks I don't see me being the one buying that one.

bread's done
Back