ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='YouDummy']Relax...[/quote]

Well, if this IS the case, hopefully they fix it in the next 4 years. But knowing Microsoft...

Also, it's a pretty big hope all of these Zunes start working magically tomorrow by them.

You can do the fix tomorrow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28449091/wid/11915829?GT1=40006

The internal clocks on what is known as the Zune 30 should reset at noon GMT on Thursday, the company said. After that, 30-gigabyte Zune users should follow these three steps:
  • Let the battery die.
  • Recharge it.
  • Turn the device on.
Zune Pass subscribers may need to sync their devices with their PCs to “refresh the rights to the subscription content you have downloaded to your device,” according to Microsoft’s statement.

Long story short I had to take mine apart...I didnt put in the first screws at the recharge cable plug part so when I tried using mine today and noticed the freeze, I popped it apart and was able to pull the battery cable thing and after putting it back in and turning it on, it was all good.

Although I don't have a Zune yet... If I would have bought the first generation models, and to have this happen to me I would be pissed. To leave it on and let the battery die and have the risk of burn in is totally unacceptiable. I see a lawsuit against microsoft to repair or replace these units because of the screen burn in. MS told everyone to leave on and let the battery..not warning them of screen burn in right? well then MS should offer a replacement program free of charge as they didn't do anything to catch the bug in time.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Like I said, everyone, CHECK YOUR SCREENS FOR BURN-IN!!![/QUOTE]

No burn in here , I knew it would be best to let the battery die .
It's not like I wouldn't ever be able to charge it , that was the only thing I could do .

Also , I have my screen at the dimmest setting .

[quote name='BlueSwim']Like I said, everyone, CHECK YOUR SCREENS FOR BURN-IN!!![/quote]

You aren't going to see burn-in on an LCD for less than 24 hours. Good grief. Stop making something out of nothing. You *think* you have it on your unit when you aren't even sure yourself. There is relatively zero mention of any burn-in problems with the zune, even when left on for an extensive period of time.

I'm glad i did a search on how to fix my frozen zune, I didn't realize it was a software issue with the leap year. I was seriously bummed and now it is all good. I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

[quote name='Maklershed']So everything is ok now right? Although I'm not sure I would've been affected anyway since I have an 80gb. But I'm still nervous to sync. :cold:[/quote]

Hey, Mak...I've got an 80GB and I've synced everyday this week. Everything is cool here.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You aren't going to see burn-in on an LCD for less than 24 hours. Good grief. Stop making something out of nothing. You *think* you have it on your unit when you aren't even sure yourself. There is relatively zero mention of any burn-in problems with the zune, even when left on for an extensive period of time.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. A day of playback would probably take care of it even if there was.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well then MS should offer a replacement program free of charge as they didn't do anything to catch the bug in time.[/quote]No, they really shouldn't.

ITDEFX and BlueSwim should file for a class action lawsuit together. One of them doesn't even have a Zune, and the other is complaining about burn in that doesn't exist. The Zunes work fine now, and I think they're going to give free Zune pass for a month or something due to the device being out for a day. Microsoft got lucky that this bug didn't cause permanent damage.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You aren't going to see burn-in on an LCD for less than 24 hours. Good grief. Stop making something out of nothing. You *think* you have it on your unit when you aren't even sure yourself. There is relatively zero mention of any burn-in problems with the zune, even when left on for an extensive period of time.[/quote]
What the hell is your problem?:whistle2:s

I did notice something off in the brief seconds when the low battery screen was displayed. I don't notice it now so it might have been something to do with the low battery graphic itself. Sheesh, Chill, the fuck, out.:roll:

[quote name='BlueSwim']What the hell is your problem?:whistle2:s

I did notice something off in the brief seconds when the low battery screen was displayed. I don't notice it now so it might have been something to do with the low battery graphic itself. Sheesh, Chill, the fuck, out.:roll:
[/quote]

My problem is that you've posted now twice in this thread to "check for burn-in" when there is absolutely no reason to do so. We read it the first time. It's rarely a problem on an LCD, let alone for the few hours that the unit is on. I've yet to find a single instance of permanent burn-in on a Zune. You aren't helping anyone out by repeatedly posting in this thread about burn in, when it's almost a non-issue.

And fix your font color. It's annoying as fuck.

[quote name='mtxbass1']My problem is that you've posted now twice in this thread to "check for burn-in" when there is absolutely no reason to do so. We read it the first time. It's rarely a problem on an LCD, let alone for the few hours that the unit is on. I've yet to find a single instance of permanent burn-in on a Zune. You aren't helping anyone out by repeatedly posting in this thread about burn in, when it's almost a non-issue.

And fix your font color. It's annoying as fuck.[/quote]
I can understand where you're coming from your first point. But I'm not an LCD expert, so I don't know burn-in details. "It's better to be sure than sorry" as the old saying goes.

And as for changing my font color, no thank you. If it annoys you that bad, I suggest you make use of the "Ignore User" function, cause I'm not changing it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']My problem is that you've posted now twice in this thread to "check for burn-in" when there is absolutely no reason to do so. We read it the first time. It's rarely a problem on an LCD, let alone for the few hours that the unit is on. I've yet to find a single instance of permanent burn-in on a Zune. You aren't helping anyone out by repeatedly posting in this thread about burn in, when it's almost a non-issue.

And fix your font color. It's annoying as fuck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, on all counts.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I can understand where you're coming from your first point. But I'm not an LCD expert, so I don't know burn-in details. "It's better to be sure than sorry" as the old saying goes.[/QUOTE]

Then stop trying to tell people to check for burn-in. My LCD monitor gets stuck on the same screen for hours at a time, and I only get temporary burn-in. Do some research on how stuff works before you advise people to do things. It's fine. No one is going to get burn-in from leaving it on for a day. There's no burn in from the icons, there's not going to be from the loading bar.

And as for changing my font color, no thank you. If it annoys you that bad, I suggest you make use of the "Ignore User" function, cause I'm not changing it.

You said it...

Geez, sorry....I was only trying to help.:cry: A simple "Don't worry, LCD screens don't get burn-in.:cool:" a little earlier would have been enough for me to drop the issue. No need to get angry or anything.:hot:

That's not burn in. What you saw is the screen. It stays on even when the backlight goes off. I was sort of surprised by it when I was outside and flipping through it one day.

Only one thing I can say:
zunesu6.png

"I command you to rise from your grave"

Lol that's pretty good, xD. Good thing I don't have to try and save my Zune from the wretched terrors at Microsoft's Software Development. Lol.

[quote name='VioletArrows']That's not burn in. What you saw is the screen. It stays on even when the backlight goes off. I was sort of surprised by it when I was outside and flipping through it one day.[/quote]
Ah, just like the old GBA screens. I understand now. Thank you.:cool:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Only one thing I can say:
zunesu6.png

"I command you to rise from your grave"[/quote]
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh that's what you meant by Burnt in, yeah I noticed that I think last year, but it's barely visible. At least to me it is. I find it funny how people who invest early in a company always seem to get screwed in the end, but usually people who invest in something early think the company is good.

I think I got a Zune because it was made by Microsoft and it was pretty cheap at the time for 30GB. Now you have 120GB and stuff running around everywhere. Eventually we'll have 1TB Media Devices, which I expect will come around in 2011 or so, with the way things are going right now.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Oh that's what you meant by Burnt in, yeah I noticed that I think last year, but it's barely visible. At least to me it is. I find it funny how people who invest early in a company always seem to get screwed in the end, but usually people who invest in something early think the company is good.

I think I got a Zune because it was made by Microsoft and it was pretty cheap at the time for 30GB. Now you have 120GB and stuff running around everywhere. Eventually we'll have 1TB Media Devices, which I expect will come around in 2011 or so, with the way things are going right now.[/quote]

At first I played with a Zune in Sharper Image when it first came out, and decided I hated it. But then Creative pissed me off by building a flaw into the device I got so I HAD TO buy a new one, and iPods are needlessly expensive. So I gave the Zune another try because 30GB for $90 >>>>>>> 1GB iPod Shuffle for $120, and I grew to love it, despite the little annoyances. I just hope it lasts a little longer because this $100 a year for a new mp3 player is bullshit.

dblo7 at slickdeals just posted that the Flight of the Conchords Season 2 premiere is available for free on the marketplace. If you haven't seen the show yet, I highly recommend doing it now for free. It's hilarious and some of their music is actually quite catchy.

There are also several albums on sale this week for around 665 points. A little too rich for my blood, but still not bad for some of them. You can find these on the main marketplace page.

So, I was screwing around today (first mistake) and I accidentally deleted a couple of folders of my Gears of War 2 Zune. Not a huge deal, but if anyone has the pictures from that particular device or have a way to get them I would greatly appreciate it.

So, any good 80 or 120GB deals running right now?

Looks like my 30 finally died on me, so I'm in the market for a replacement

[quote name='Mid Boss']So, any good 80 or 120GB deals running right now?

Looks like my 30 finally died on me, so I'm in the market for a replacement[/quote]

Do what I did--get an iPhone. The Zune was a noble experiment, but Apple is just too far ahead for me to pay retail for a Zune. But you can get some good deals on the flash Zunes used... That's how I got my 8. 1/2 retail at the time for a gently used one.

[quote name='Cursor']Do what I did--get an iPhone. The Zune was a noble experiment, but Apple is just too far ahead for me to pay retail for a Zune. But you can get some good deals on the flash Zunes used... That's how I got my 8. 1/2 retail at the time for a gently used one.[/QUOTE]
buddy, he's looking for an 80 or 120GB...not a 8 or 16gb!

he'd have to get MANY iphones...

[quote name='Cursor']Do what I did--get an iPhone. The Zune was a noble experiment, but Apple is just too far ahead for me to pay retail for a Zune. But you can get some good deals on the flash Zunes used... That's how I got my 8. 1/2 retail at the time for a gently used one.[/quote]

I don't need or want an iPhone. I didn't ask about anyone's fucking opinion on what I should get instead of a Zune. I just wanted to know where I can get the best deal on a Zune because that's what I want, okay?

[quote name='jp0213']So, I was screwing around today (first mistake) and I accidentally deleted a couple of folders of my Gears of War 2 Zune. Not a huge deal, but if anyone has the pictures from that particular device or have a way to get them I would greatly appreciate it.[/quote]

I think it's like the Halo 3 stuff, once it's gone, it's gone. I had some issues with the 2.5 firmware and when it went to 3.0 I decided to clear everything out so all my podcasts wouldn't show up as doubles anymore. I picked format and poof, all the Halo stuff goes bye-bye.

Mid Boss Grab the 120 I just got one its fantastic. I load all my anime and pics and still got room. And I believe the 80 is like 20-30 dollars less than the 120 just go ahead and spend the extra buxx.

It just sucks that there has not been any woot-like deals. I don't pay full price for stuff like this. I want an 80 for $99-$130 or a 120 for $150, even if it's a refurb.

Microsoft is so behind in this particular game that they need a 'sale' like this.

Yeah, the 120 seems to be the way to go. The 80 gig seems to have disappeared everywhere I look anyway.

EDIT: That's exactly what I was hoping to find, thrust. After seeing all the deals running on the 30s I figured there might be something similar I missed on the 80s.

Well folks I have just joined the Zune Community today when I got it at the CC closeout. Last one left. After I told my brother how much I paid for it, he was like I paid too much for it, then I said it holds 120 gb vs his 16 gb IPod Nano....

So far I like it. But now what can I do with it besides music and videos and radio? Can I add custom wallpapers and animation or can it be hacked?

Is it safe to sync your Zune again? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with that situation.

Anyway welcome to the Zune Family ITDEFX. You can add custom wallpapers by basically adding photos then setting a picture as your wallpaper, I haven't seen any hacks or animation for the Zune.

Maybe others know about any hacks for the Zune.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well folks I have just joined the Zune Community today when I got it at the CC closeout. Last one left. After I told my brother how much I paid for it, he was like I paid too much for it, then I said it holds 120 gb vs his 16 gb IPod Nano....

So far I like it. But now what can I do with it besides music and videos and radio? Can I add custom wallpapers and animation or can it be hacked?[/QUOTE]
yea in order to add custom wallpaper just sync over your pictures on your computer....

in fact, hit up the zune's message boards on their website to find all the cool stuff

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Is it safe to sync your Zune again? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with that situation.

Anyway welcome to the Zune Family ITDEFX. You can add custom wallpapers by basically adding photos then setting a picture as your wallpaper, I haven't seen any hacks or animation for the Zune.

Maybe others know about any hacks for the Zune.[/QUOTE]

It's been OK since 1-1-09 at noon EST .

Free MP3 album from Amazon:

So Indie it Hurts: Roir Rock Volume 1

1. Big Takeover - Bad Brains
2. Radial Arm Saws - Styrenes
3. Not Alone - Dub Trio feat. Mike Patton :cool:
4. Ha Ha Ha - Flipper
5. Hideous - The Dickies
6. King Of The Gypsies - Johnny Thunders
7. Contort Yourself - James Chance
8. Punch Drunk Bush - Tetras
9. Skunk (Sonically Speaking) - MC5
10. Another Nail In The Coffin - Mirrors
11. Science Gone To Far - The Dictators

(thanks to rocky2007 from slickdeals)

Thanks guys..

I have been reading some of the online communities for the zune.. Big. Anyways I can't seem to find a good dvd to Zune converter that won't expire or has limitations on it. Any VOB's I use just gives me an error, and Super C doesn't like converting to zune formats :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']Thanks guys..

I have been reading some of the online communities for the zune.. Big. Anyways I can't seem to find a good dvd to Zune converter that won't expire or has limitations on it. Any VOB's I use just gives me an error, and Super C doesn't like converting to zune formats :([/quote]

Cucusoft DVD to Zune converter suite ($39.99).
Not free, but it is a good product. They seem to be very quick at updating their software to handle the new release encription.

bread's done
Back