ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay I know someone in this thread can help me....

I had to send my Zune off to Microsoft due to it having a few issues - namely the firmware would erase whenever I would use any wall adaptor (rather it be the MS one or the Monoprice one). Yet oddly it charges and such fine thru my PC. Plus the battery life has been up and down - sometimes after a full it'll go an hour then claims to be nearly dead yet other times it can go a few days with no issues. :joystick:

Anyways once the Zune gets to Microsoft how long does it typically take for them either to repair or replace it? Hopefully its not too long as I miss using my Zune. Going back to my Creative Labs Microphoto 8 gig just feels very odd with far less space to store my tunes on along with the smaller (and dimmer lit) screen.[/quote]

What kind of Zune were you having battery issues with? My 8GB has been spotty lately.

[quote name='Malik112099']You can't without the use of a computer.[/quote]

Well what's strange is that if I try to remove it from my collection (both methods), it will still show up on my zune.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well what's strange is that if I try to remove it from my collection (both methods), it will still show up on my zune.[/quote]

Are you using the newest software/firmware? I had a problem with duplicate tracks a long time ago but it's since been repaired.

Well my Toshiba Gigabeat S finally crapped out on me. I bought my wife a Zune 30GB on clearance at Target last year. Every has gone well with it so far so I went out and picked a Zune 120GB for myself.

Absolutely love it so far. I just wish I could clear off my wife's plays from my Zune card. I do NOT like having the Backsteet Boys and such on my top list :dunce:.

Has there been any news of adding new games to the Zune software ? Not like they are fantastic, but some make for good time waster when I am traveling and dont have anything else around.

Has anyone else been having problems with the podcast syncing? Sometimes when I sync my Zune, it wont add a new episode and I have my settings set to add the last 3 .. but sometimes it will add 10 episodes.

Mine is only syning one podcast. the others for some reason aren't anymore.
Something is screwy. I can still do a manual drag/drop. But I'd prefer it work the way it is supposed to.

No podcast issues on my 80GB...I just plugged in for an auto-sync and it added 14 new episodes (!) and deleted 7 old ones.

This shit has been super flaky lately...I wonder what's in store for the next update?

While we are talking about podcast issues , does anyone else think the description should scroll on the Zune if it is too long too fit on one screen ?

My Zune is weird with my 360. I have a Zune 30 and I plug it in and it works fine for like 5 minutes then it just disconnects itself. Then I reconnect and repeat.

[quote name='saunderscowie']My Zune is weird with my 360. I have a Zune 30 and I plug it in and it works fine for like 5 minutes then it just disconnects itself. Then I reconnect and repeat.[/QUOTE]

My 30GB does that with my PC , I think it's trying to synch the progress played of my podcasts and maybe I have too many that are half played .

[quote name='ITDEFX']Out of curiosity, how does the Zune know the difference between an MP3 podcast and MP3 music?[/quote]
when its downloaded, its tagged as podcast in the genre

Is the Zune a Flash based player or is there an actual drive inside? The other day I could have sworn I felt some vibration from within the unit.

[quote name='Maklershed']I think it depends on what size you have. I have the 80gb and I'm fairly certain that's hd based.[/quote]

120gb black.

Wow....

I must say that Microsoft's repair is very.... Speedy1961ish indeed. Within 24 hours my unit is being replaced since apparently the USB issue is unfixable. I spoke to a very kind woman on the phone who let me know that I should have my new unit within a week or so (maybe a little longer she did say). Also apparently I now got a six month warranty on this new unit as opposed to the three months that my initial 80 gig had.

Very very impressive Microsoft. Can't wait for my new Zune to arrive. :D

By "Speedy1961ish" I'm refering to how fast he was posting ads in advance.

Very much considering leaving the Zune behind.

On my 30-mile commute that I will be starting, I'd really like to only have to mount and look after one device. I use the Zune and my iPhone now because I can't get the iPhone any where near the radio. I'm considering upgrading to 3G, and selling the iPhone and Zune to come out even.

So, if you're interested in a black 30GB Zune with accessories, let me know.

uh should I be registering my zune or sign up to an account? I have no plans on buying music/movies.

So how does one access the actual files on the zune so I can remove duplicate entries ?

Thanks

[quote name='ITDEFX']uh should I be registering my zune or sign up to an account? I have no plans on buying music/movies.

[/quote]
worth it to get some free songs or fee tv eps occasionaly.

I just got my zune back, looks like they gave me a refurb instead of fixing mine, which works for me because the one I got is flawless whereas mine has a small scratch on the screen.

[quote name='ITDEFX']uh should I be registering my zune or sign up to an account? I have no plans on buying music/movies.

So how does one access the actual files on the zune so I can remove duplicate entries ?

Thanks[/quote]

While the Zune is plugged in, turn on the Zune software, wait for the Zune to be detected (bottom left corner of the screen)...once it's detected go to Devices (top menu), and then collection...from there you can view your collection and sort it in any way you want...and you can right-click delete your duplicates.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']While the Zune is plugged in, turn on the Zune software, wait for the Zune to be detected (bottom left corner of the screen)...once it's detected go to Devices (top menu), and then collection...from there you can view your collection and sort it in any way you want...and you can right-click delete your duplicates.[/quote]

I never got a chance to *see* the duplicate entries inside of an album, so I deleted all of it from the player, then reinsert to manually. It worked. Thanks.

Now strange thing, every time I connect my zune it resyncs something and from what I can see, it reverifying all my tracks over again?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I realized how CRAPPY the Zune A/V Dock is. It's going BACK today.[/quote]

It's a dock. What exactly are you expecting it to do?

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's a dock. What exactly are you expecting it to do?[/quote]

Well first off I'd hope that it would be sturdy once I attach it to the dock, but it wiggles! :( Second video out works half the time and when it does, it's crap. The wall outlet adapter thingy would be better as the USB cable feels too lose when you attach it to it. And finally the remote is a piece of junk. Not worth it.

I am just going to return it as attaching the zune directly via USB seems faster and easier.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well first off I'd hope that it would be sturdy once I attach it to the dock, but it wiggles! :( Second video out works half the time and when it does, it's crap. The wall outlet adapter thingy would be better as the USB cable feels too lose when you attach it to it. And finally the remote is a piece of junk. Not worth it.

I am just going to return it as attaching the zune directly via USB seems faster and easier.[/QUOTE]

Everything you said about the A/V pack is the opposite for me.

The dock is 10x better than Apple's. So is the remote, and more importantly, the remote interface. I also never had problems connecting it to my TV.

The wall adapter is the most solid USB adapter I've ever owned. But then again, all this is about the v1 kit. Perhaps you should get that one.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Everything you said about the A/V pack is the opposite for me.

The dock is 10x better than Apple's. So is the remote, and more importantly, the remote interface. I also never had problems connecting it to my TV.

The wall adapter is the most solid USB adapter I've ever owned. But then again, all this is about the v1 kit. Perhaps you should get that one.[/quote]

So your saying that the V1 kit is better than the v2 kit?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Everything you said about the A/V pack is the opposite for me.

The wall adapter is the most solid USB adapter I've ever owned. But then again, all this is about the v1 kit. Perhaps you should get that one.[/quote]

I agree with this as well, but I have the V2 kit.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So your saying that the V1 kit is better than the v2 kit?[/quote]
I've been very happy with mine, remote and all. No major issues to report with it. Unfortunately, it only works with the original 30GB Zune.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I've been very happy with mine, remote and all. No major issues to report with it. Unfortunately, it only works with the original 30GB Zune.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. Remove the trim piece and it works with all Zunes.

Yes ITDEFX, I think the v1 is better, mostly because it's a good deal cheaper.

I love the zune dock it works great. The remote while not as nice as the touch pad thing on the zune does its job. I just use to to flip through music though. I'm not trying to play games with it or anything. I dunno if I would have ever bought the av kit but since it came with my zune when I got it I have no complaints.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's not true. Remove the trim piece and it works with all Zunes.[/quote]
That's good to know. The Amazon page for the G1 A/V kit said it wasn't compatible with the 80 or 120 GB Zunes. Guess they screwed up.

[quote name='BlueSwim']That's good to know. The Amazon page for the G1 A/V kit said it wasn't compatible with the 80 or 120 GB Zunes. Guess they screwed up.[/QUOTE]

They just list what Microsoft feeds them.

I actually have an extra Zune remote, if anyone's looking for one. $15 + shipping or CML. It's new in the original packaging, as well.

From the Official Zune Insider Blog and Podcast:

Once again, Zune Marketplace brings you our "Week 'o Free" with a slew of new and classic shows being offered up this week only, at no additional cost! From today until next Monday, you can sample the following:

MTV:
Rob Drydek's Fantasy Factory (Pilot Episode)
Nitro Circus (Pilot Episode)
How's Your News (Pilot Episode)
The College Humor Show (Pilot Episode)

COMEDY CENTRAL:
Comedy Central Presents Stand Up Hot Picks (Season 1)

PBS:
Nova (Battle of the X Planes)

BET:
Baldwin Hills (Season 2 Premiere Episode)
Hell Date (Season 2, Episode 1)

G4:
The Block (Season 1, Episode 1 / Season 2, Episode 1)

NICKELODEON:
True Jackson (Season 1, Episode 3)

USA NETWORKS:
In Plain Sight (Pilot Episode)

Look for the FREE VIDEO promotional spot starting tomorrow on the front page of the Video Marketplace for your one-click navigation to all this great content. Until then, you can find them being offered under each of the network/series pages.

Three posts in a row from me? :whistle2:#

Lily Allen's new CD, It's Not You, It's Me, is $3.99 from Amazon MP3 today.

41BBc-CG1VL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday - "Resuscitation of a Dead Man" is free on Amazon today. :D:D

The Love Willows - "Falling Faster" is also free on the marketplace.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Thursday - "Resuscitation of a Dead Man" is free on Amazon today.[/quote]

Nice. That's the track they did with the dude from Rise Against, too. :applause:

bread's done
Back