An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

damn, and i got my phoenix wright for 20$ 2 days ago...
well my TRU didnt even have it.
I am considering lumines II...
Thanks, and keep us updated!

benboxer once again you come through. Thanks!

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']damn, and i got my phoenix wright for 20$ 2 days ago...
well my TRU didnt even have it.
Thanks, and keep us updated!
I am considering lumines II...[/quote]

Buy Phoenix Wright for $10 and return that sealed version along with the old receipt to the store where you bought it for $20.

You super-rock, OP.
Is Gunpey any good? For $10, I might try to B2G1 with Gunpey, Nanostray, and somethin' else. Deep Labyrinth?

[quote name='CaoPi']damn no RPGs or anything? THe list looks pretty mediocore so far[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Thanks BenBoxer for the list, but aside from one or two games (like Phoenix Wright) this list is pretty blah.

Some ok PSP games but nothing at all making it worth it for me to drive out of my way to TRU on Monday.

Call of Duty 2 is really the only "omg super deal" game of the entire list, I think.

[quote name='SDC']You super-rock, OP.
Is Gunpey any good? For $10, I might try to B2G1 with Gunpey, Nanostray, and somethin' else. Deep Labyrinth?[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the DS version, it's OK but not great. I much prefer the PSP version, since it has a totally different soundtrack and art style (more like Lumines than the bizarre cartoon style of the DS version). The core game is the same though. Note that Best Buy has the PSP version of Gunpey for $9.99 every day, and it's $4.99 after Gamepro coupon (which expires today).

I'm definitely picking up some of those PSP games. EA Replay, Godfather, and maybe Mind Quiz. If I didn't already have Lumines II, Syphon Filter and Mercury Meltdown, I'd get them as well. Outrun is $9.99 normally at Gamecrazy though.

does TRU allow you to price match correction if you buy their games before the sale?

and about Gunpey. If you have a PSP, get that version instead. the soundtrack is awesome.

Damn. I was hoping for much better. The only thing on that list that even catches my eye is CoD2 for 360. Too bad I already have it.

Hmm... how is Bomberman on PSP? Lumines II and EA Replay look tempting, too...

I'd highly recommend Nanostray, btw... I *thoroughly* enjoyed that game!

very interesting... (4th thread on gunpey psp board-http://www.gamespot.com/psp/puzzle/gunpey/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-35257366&pid=934343)

but i forgot to say thanks to the op, so thanks!

[quote name='CaoPi']RUmble XX is 9.99? it currently trades in for 30+ reported from CAG on the gamecrazy thread! :lol:[/QUOTE]

with MVP or without?

Shit. I didn't need to hear that. I was hoping I could buy a copy of RRXX to keep. Now I know the CAGs'll be all over it for trade-in.

Is this for monday june 25th 2007?...A.D.? If so I'm there for some crappy games to complete my GBA library that i'll never actually play!

By the way, you can probably get Marvel Nemesis for $10 at the front lane games most retailers have now, and I would say that in Vs. CPU and Vs. 2P modes, it provides $10 worth of fun easily. You will just need to find a way to not have to play the game's lousy story mode.

Is this deal at every TRU or is YYMV? That COD 2 deal is awesome I gotta get it! Now my TRU is stupid so chances are the store wont even mark the prices down so if I get there and its still $30 is there proof I could show them like an ad or somthing?

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Is this deal at every TRU or is YYMV? That COD 2 deal is awesome I gotta get it! Now my TRU is stupid so chances are the store wont even mark the prices down so if I get there and its still $30 is there proof I could show them like an ad or somthing?[/quote]

just go there monday and test your luck

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Is this deal at every TRU or is YYMV? That COD 2 deal is awesome I gotta get it! Now my TRU is stupid so chances are the store wont even mark the prices down so if I get there and its still $30 is there proof I could show them like an ad or somthing?[/quote]

The clearance should be everywhere, and ring up at $9.98, even if it isn't marked as that.

As for the deals, Call of Duty 2 GOTY seems good, and Zatch Bell Mamodo Fury seems great if I can find it for gamecube(much better deal than EB/GS), thanks OP!

[quote name='CaoPi']RUmble XX is 9.99? it currently trades in for 30+ reported from CAG on the gamecrazy thread! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Could you point me to the post where someone said they traded this for $30+? I've been following that thread closely and updating the wiki with trade-in prices and have not seen that at all. It is in the wiki as $33, but note the price in there is from APRIL 2006! Needless to say that is horribly out of date. I looked at the last 3 or 4 pages and can't find anyone reporting a new trade-in value for it. I doubt it is still that high (though it is possible I missed a price report - thus I'm asking for the link to the actual post if you can find it).

Any chance that anything worthwhile will still be around by the time I can get there? Unlikely. Thanks anyway ben.

Definitely some good stuff in there. Syphon Filter, Lumines II, Phoenix Wright? Count me in, thanks op.

I don't know about COD 2 on 360 vs. the PC version but I do know it's an awesome 360 game that I overlooked until it was 14.99 at Circuit City. Very intense, very fun. It's probably my fourth favorite 360 game behind Oblivion, Gears of War and Forza 2.

thanks ben, nothing for me either.

btw, what about the other clearance (May and June)? are they gonna get reduced as well?

Mercury Meltdown for $9.98 (compared to Amazon's price + S&H) sounds great...might even jump on Lumines II as well (even though I have the first one still sealed) for that price.

I really don't need to add to the backlog but I might pick up a couple of games I've been interested in, and at 10 bucks its a good time to take a chance on them. Thanks OP!

Thanks man, apprecaite it.

I'll be happy to get a copy of Tomb Raider Legends for the GC- I know my TRU had some copies a few weeks ago. I wouldn't mind picking up TH Sk8land (DS), Nanostray, and True Swing or Phoenix Wright for free.

Lumines II, Syphon Filter, and Rumble Roses XX will be my may be games.

I doubt I'll find anythign... somebody always seems to clean up our TRU before I can even get there.

bread's done
Back