An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

Oh thank god. I'm totally broke and there's absolutely nothing on that list that I want. Thank goodness. Thanks anyways Ben.

[quote name='io']Could you point me to the post where someone said they traded this for $30+? I've been following that thread closely and updating the wiki with trade-in prices and have not seen that at all. It is in the wiki as $33, but note the price in there is from APRIL 2006! Needless to say that is horribly out of date. I looked at the last 3 or 4 pages and can't find anyone reporting a new trade-in value for it. I doubt it is still that high (though it is possible I missed a price report - thus I'm asking for the link to the actual post if you can find it).[/quote]

$6 at FYE.

Oooo, I'd love a complete list but I do know, if I can get everything on my personal list, so far, it's $50 poorer in my future.

Gunpey PSP (my current version is EX on Wonderswan)
Syphon Filter:Dark Mirror PSP
Rumble Roses XX

are my three full targets. Secondary efforts towards EA replay and Pocket Racer.

You know... on a personal note, I love being told there is nothing to play on PSP as my personal collection will exceed 40 games come Monday....

Damn, I'll have to make sure to take this list with me to make sure I don't pick up any of those DS games tomorrow.

So now it looks like I might be making up tp three trips to TRU this week:

1. Tomorrow, to pick up all the games I want that aren't all the clearanced list
2. Monday, to pick up the games I want that are on the clearance list.
3. Later in the week, like Thursday or Friday, to try and pick up some games that aren't coming out until this week.

Damn, it looks like my bank account might be empty after this week is over. :cry:

If anyone wants a Phoenix Wright, PM me. Last time I checked (3 days ago) the Toys R US closest to me had about 50 copies of it. Maybe not that many but there was a s--tload of them.

If this starts on Monday I will be there first thing Monday morning.

Also has this already started? I picked up Death Jr 2 for $9.98 on Wednesday.

How many different SKUs are for Call of Duty 2? I don't want to be an ass to the clerk and make her scan all 5 copies of the game looking for the right one...

[quote name='oasisboy']How many different SKUs are for Call of Duty 2? I don't want to be an ass to the clerk and make her scan all 5 copies of the game looking for the right one...[/quote]
I believe there are 3 versions. The regular version (that launched with the Xbox 360), the first Game of the Year version that includes the bonus DVD and free downloadable multiplayer maps, and the newer Game of the Year version that only includes the DVD and no maps. I'm guessing the clearance is for the first GOTY version which will be harder to find.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Damn, I'll have to make sure to take this list with me to make sure I don't pick up any of those DS games tomorrow.

1. Tomorrow, to pick up all the games I want that aren't all the clearanced list
3. Later in the week, like Thursday or Friday, to try and pick up some games that aren't coming out until this week.

Damn, it looks like my bank account might be empty after this week is over. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Are you heading to the one on Blanco in San Antonio? I'm going there to pick up a Lumines 2 and a Mind Quiz, thanks OP!

I will head there Monday afternoon...Only thing I want is COD2

Anyone have anything in particular that they want me to look for...

The TRU here always has lots of good things!!!!

Please PM me if you want me to pick up anything....I will look for anything for anyone!!!

I'm pretty sure our TRU has a few extra RR XX but don't hold me to that. I'll pick up a few extras of everything though.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Damn, I'll have to make sure to take this list with me to make sure I don't pick up any of those DS games tomorrow.

Damn, it looks like my bank account might be empty after this week is over. :cry:[/QUOTE]

what games are coming out this week?

[quote name='BearMan23']Are you heading to the one on Blanco in San Antonio? I'm going there to pick up a Lumines 2 and a Mind Quiz, thanks OP![/quote]

Yep! That's about the only one in town left, especially out of all the ones I used to go to. There used to like seven or eight stores, and now that's the only one left that I know of.

[quote name='Milkyman']what games are coming out this week?[/quote]

I know Hoshigami, Nervous Brickdown, and Touchmaster are coming out, and possibly LifeSigns (I heard the date might have changed) as well.

These are all longshots though. I doubt TRU will even get them if they do come out.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Yep! That's about the only one in town left, especially out of all the ones I used to go to. There used to like seven or eight stores, and now that's the only one left that I know of.[/quote]

I know of two in the San Antonio area. Blanco and Agora Parkway. Has the the one on SW Military been closed down?

[quote name='Dante Devil']Great, I've always wanted to play Phoenix Wright. Just got to see if my daughter will let me use her DS.[/quote]

Steal it from her if you have to, because it is just that good. Seriously, I bought it for $30 in September when it was semi-rare(then ended up being everyone only weeks later), and do not regret paying full price, excellent game overall!

And hmmm, Nanostray must have been added when the OP edited the list, because I do not remember it from before. I have always wanted to try it, but never thought it was that good to pay too much for. Might get it now if I can find it.

Definitely in for Phoenix Wright, for when I finally get my hands on a DS Lite. Any other decent DS games in that list?

[quote name='rxdoga']I know of two in the San Antonio area. Blanco and Agora Parkway. Has the the one on SW Military been closed down?[/quote]

I have no idea where Agora Parkway is. If I can't find all the stuff I want at the on Blanco though, I may have to try and find it.

And yeah, the one on SW Military closed down about two years ago. It's been turned into a Best Buy (not a good trade off in my opinion, since there are plenty of those and only two TRUs now). Sucks too, since that was the one I always went to. I got some pretty good deals there back in the day (this was before I joined CAG, though :)).

[quote name='dinovelvet']Monday I believe implies "not Sunday"[/QUOTE]

Its like this every time there is some big sale... the CAGs in training start asking the same types of questions

I checked my TRU, they had a few of the games, they did have COD2 which I can trade for anyone who can find something I might want

[quote name='zman73']Its like this every time there is some big sale... the CAGs in training start asking the same types of questions

I checked my TRU, they had a few of the games, they did have COD2 which I can trade for anyone who can find something I might want[/quote]

Is it the correct SKN#? There are a few varieties of COD2 out there that are almost identical aside from the UPC.

Picked up Nanostray full price $19.99 plus tax I will return tomorrow to get a price adjustment. I was going to buy it on Monday but there were only two copies remaining. With the buy two get one free DS sale going on I did not want to risk losing out. Thanks OP.

I know we all know the SKN number for COD2...do we know which copy it is up front....reg version, goty1 or goty2? Anyone know this yet...I havent went to TRU yet....

Also is the b2g1 on DS games going to work on these games?

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend another DS game off that list besides Bust-A-Move and Nanostray? (and not Phoenix Wright as I already own that one) I would like to take advantage of the B2G1 sale but can't figure out what to get as a third DS game.

[quote name='lawdood']Can anyone recommend another DS game off that list besides Bust-A-Move and Nanostray? (and not Phoenix Wright as I already own that one) I would like to take advantage of the B2G1 sale but can't figure out what to get as a third DS game.[/quote]

For the price, consider Gunpey, Tomb Raider: Legend, and True Swing. Not exactly cream of the crop DS titles, but that list isn't either.

Glad to see that my TRU had plenty of the clearance titles. I may just save my time and make one more trip later in the week.

[quote name='Rockgamer']I know Hoshigami, Nervous Brickdown, and Touchmaster are coming out, and possibly LifeSigns (I heard the date might have changed) as well.

These are all longshots though. I doubt TRU will even get them if they do come out.[/QUOTE]

I say good luck finding hoshigami in stores besides eb/gamestop

Best buy here said they wont have it
CC said they wont get it
Gamecrazy said they wont get it

I probally order it off amazon

bread's done
Back