Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

starting those preorders damn early now, aren't they ;p

[quote name='Moxio']Huge typo in your title: it's 3 35 08, not 09.[/quote]
quoted for funnies

Im debating to order this through amazon, or wait til the ads appear.

I know some store is gonna have a sweet bonus for buying it..

Hmmm, 10% off coupon in store (but with tax) or from Amazon for full price but no tax and free 2 day shipping...

Not sure what to do.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im debating to order this through amazon, or wait til the ads appear.

I know some store is gonna have a sweet bonus for buying it..[/QUOTE]

Amazon lets you easily cancel as long as it hasn't shipped yet.

[quote name='dimeat']Amazon lets you easily cancel as long as it hasn't shipped yet.[/quote]

True, but Im pretty unlucky, so I could get screwed over.

The pre order bonus isnt like WOW I NEED THIS ASAP.. I mean its cool.. but I expected more..

I'm not a fan of the pre-order bonus simply because I keep all my games in their original case (and dont use my psp outside) so I have no need for a umd case.

I do hope some other store has a better bonus item,or a sale price on it.

[quote name='Blade70']I rather have the sword keychain.[/quote]

2nd that (and was really hoping that would be it)....but i guess something is better than nothing.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im debating to order this through amazon, or wait til the ads appear.

I know some store is gonna have a sweet bonus for buying it..[/QUOTE]

One good thing about pre-ordering form Amazon is that if they every drop the price of the item after you pre-order it and before they ship it to you, they'll give you the lowest price.

For example, if you pre-ordered it at $39.99. Say that from when you pre-order until whenever it is they ship out your game, the price drops to 38.99 and even further to $34.99 and then shoots back up to $39.99- they'll automatically give you the lowest price ($34.99).

I am not sure why people expect other store will have a better preorder item. I mean gamestop/game crazy and amazon are the usual stores that offer anything. Do people really expect Best buy or CC to get some better preorder item?

The preorder bonus looks decent to me but I'll be buying the game anyways. I might as well buy it from amazon for no tax & free shipping ftw, preordered one!

[quote name='rodeojones903']I guess I'm the only one that thinks that preorder bonus is lame.[/quote]

It is lame.

Well, I'm not happy about the preorder bonus either, but at least its something. Although I was hoping for the limited edition psp.

[quote name='dank']what is this game about?[/QUOTE]
Prequel to VII e.g. the Nibelheim incident, Zack's days in Soldier, Sephiroth turning into a psycho.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Only a case...?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, they could give nothing and there are enough rabid fanboys (and fangirls) who'll make this a multi-million seller. Even if it sucks.

I'm going to hold off for now. This comes out too close Brawl and... I doubt I'll play anything else but Brawl for a long, long time.

Edited for clarification...

Here is a picture of the preorder bonus gift that we are getting. A plastic UMD case.

A buster sword chain would have been a better gift (NOT what we are getting). I think it's included in the Japanese FF VII:CC Slim PSP bundle LE.

crisiscoreik8.jpg

Anyway, I think I'll pick up this game sooner than later. A free UMD case would just sweeten the deal :)

this game is going to be awesome according to the rave reviews its been getting.

edit:eh, thought there would be a buster sword keychain.

[quote name='Vitality X']i'm in for the buster key chain. this game is going to be awesome according to the rave reviews its been getting.[/quote]

Your not getting the buster sword key chain for the bonus. Please read the opening topic for the bonus.

Updated the topic with the gamestop and eb guide bundle deal for those who are not aware of it. I even did the math for you all :bouncy::lol:

The good news: A preorder bonus item!
The bad news: It's a UMD case.

I really want this game, but as of this point, I think I'll wait for somebody to put it on sale for $30. But thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='rodeojones903']I guess I'm the only one that thinks that preorder bonus is lame.[/QUOTE]

no you're not alone.. where the hell is the artbook, the soundtrack CD, the cloud figure, etc. a UMD case... blah blah

bread's done
Back