TRU 2/10-2/16 Ad: Wii consoles, DSL handhelds, GHIII deals

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th

Scan: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Gaming/TRUad001.jpg

Consoles/Handhelds:
Wii Game System Console - $249.99
Nindendo DS Lite - $129.99 (cobalt blue, crimson red, coral pink, onyx black, polar white)

Guitar Hero:
Wii GHIII Bundle - $69.99 (Save $20)
360 GHIII game - $49.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GHIII game - $39.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GH Encore: Rocks the 80's game - $39.99 (Save $10)

DS Games:
Petz Catz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Dogz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Hamsterz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Horsez 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz - $19.99 (Save $10)

Electronics:
TOM TOM One XL - $299.99 (Save $50)
Sony 2GB Video MP3 Player - $89.99 (Save $10)

[quote name='Starving Gamer']Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
The following items are on the 2/10 flyer:
  • Save $10 on Guitar Hero III--$49.99 XB360, $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar hero Rocks the 80's $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar Hero bundle for WII--$69.99, was $89.99
  • $129.99 Nintendo DS Lite, including the new blue one.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
  • Project Gotham 4--$39.99
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Metal Slug Anthology--$9.90
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
  • Suikoden Tactics--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Napoleon Dynamite--$9.90
  • Ed, Edd & Eddie--$19.99
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
  • P.o P. Rival Swords--$9.90
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:[/quote]

Thanks for the scans.

Knowing my local store... they'll sell the Wiis in bundles no matter what the ads say. :\

^Really? We've stopped doing that a LONG time ago. Especially, since it's illegal and all. TRU hasn't offered advertised bundles (ex. w/ game or accessory) on the Wiis in a while.

does TRU do price matching? if i go buy the GHIII wii bundle today @ TRU, will they match it if i bring my receipt back next week? anyone had any experience with them?

thanks

[quote name='JediBaja']^Really? We've stopped doing that a LONG time ago. Especially, since it's illegal and all. TRU hasn't offered advertised bundles (ex. w/ game or accessory) on the Wiis in a while.[/quote]My local store kept offering those until last month. I haven't gone there in a few weeks, maybe they finally learned their lesson... considering how crooked the manager is, though, I doubt it.

WOOOOW! I'm so dumb. I didn't read when the sale was so I rushed out to go buy The Herald and there was no ad for Toys R Us and I started to get mad then I realized that the ad's for "Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th"

Self-pwn.

I just read the posts, and I'm confused. Do we have to buy a Wii to be able to buy GH3 for $70?

[quote name='Prolific']

I just read the posts, and I'm confused. Do we have to buy a Wii to be able to buy GH3 for $70?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to buy a Wii to buy GH3 for $70, but it won't be much fun until you buy a Wii.

Will they definitely have wii's in, or is this just the price if they HAPPEN to have it?

[quote name='NoZoL']Will they definitely have wii's in, or is this just the price if they HAPPEN to have it?[/quote]

Whenever TRU has the Wii pictured in an ad, we get them in stock on Sunday. My store usually gets anywhere between 30-70 consoles in everytime.

[quote name='petersen98374']You don't have to buy a Wii to buy GH3 for $70, but it won't be much fun until you buy a Wii.[/quote]I have a Wii lol. I thought that the deal was buy a Wii and get GH3 for $70.

Anyone know if I can play PS2 version GH3 using wired guitar with adapter on my PS3?
PS3 version on PS3 didnt work with GH wired guitar and adapter.

You should call your Local TRU and ask about rainchecks but around where I live, they never do rainchecks anymore. It ended about 2 years ago when some kind of toy was horded through the raincheck system.

We hardly ever do rainchecks anymore. They are only issued in rare (ie. angry/upset customer) situations by managers. TRUs should have roto holds for incoming Wii GH3 bundles. I saw that my store had set aside at least 12 (two boxes).

[quote name='JediBaja'] TRUs should have roto holds for incoming Wii GH3 bundles.

What does roto mean? Do you have any tips on how early I need to arrive? Do they give out numbers? Do they sell at midnight Saturday? Any info is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get a Wii for my library for programming.

Thanks!

what about pricematching. I was either thinking about getting the GH3 or the rock band for the wii. Im not sure, but for now, rock band sounds better

[quote name='twa'][quote name='JediBaja'] TRUs should have roto holds for incoming Wii GH3 bundles.

What does roto mean? Do you have any tips on how early I need to arrive? Do they give out numbers? Do they sell at midnight Saturday? Any info is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get a Wii for my library for programming.

Thanks![/quote]

I don't remember what roto stands for, but you should be paying attention to the hold part of roto hold.Basically whenever the store receives said item, it should set aside a certain amount of units for sale on a specific date.

As far as what time to arrive and all that, it really depends on your store. My general advice is: the earlier, the better. My store usually hands out tickets 15 minutes before opening time. If there are more people in line then there are units, we'll hand out tickets accordingly and let the lucky ones go home and return to the store to claim their Wii before 1pm that day. If there are less people than units available, we just take care of the customers inside in the RZone like a regular transaction.

TRU does not price match, meaning match prices from other stores. TRU does price adjust, meaning giving you the difference if an item goes on sale within 45 days (electronics).

for the nintendo wiis, is there a quantity minimum that every toys r us will have at least so many? EVERY TOYS R US Will have them correct?

there is only one Toys R Us in my area (50 mile radius). I called them today and they said they dont know when they will have them in stock. What day will they tell me about the Wiis? If I call Saturday, will they tell me how many they will have? I really want a WII and so does my moms boyfriend. Please tell me as much information as you have on this.

GHIII Wii this weekend for me. Extra-special-cheap too, because I'll be using my Super Mario Galaxy pre-order $25 gift card (finally). Yay!

[quote name='JediBaja'][quote name='twa']

I don't remember what roto stands for, but you should be paying attention to the hold part of roto hold.Basically whenever the store receives said item, it should set aside a certain amount of units for sale on a specific date.

As far as what time to arrive and all that, it really depends on your store. My general advice is: the earlier, the better. My store usually hands out tickets 15 minutes before opening time. If there are more people in line then there are units, we'll hand out tickets accordingly and let the lucky ones go home and return to the store to claim their Wii before 1pm that day. If there are less people than units available, we just take care of the customers inside in the RZone like a regular transaction.

TRU does not price match, meaning match prices from other stores. TRU does price adjust, meaning giving you the difference if an item goes on sale within 45 days (electronics).[/quote]

i went to my local TRU today and they told me that they will price adjust for only 14 days (2 weeks) and so i bought a guitar hero right away. the $20 savings is well worth the $2 in gas that i'll spend driving another trip.

While I think (Hope?) it was a special problem due to managers assuming it was a "doorbuster", many of us who got in on the Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 for $44.99 back in December had to really argue our way to a price match. I nearly got thrown out of the store, and had to present the unopened GHII to prove it was in my possession and returnable before they (VERY grumpily) did the PM for me.

Again, that was hopefully a massive aberration, and many did get the PMs ok, but just a word of warning... if you're trying for the PM, keep the game sealed til Sunday and take it with you, just to be safe.

[quote name='nintendoforever']for the nintendo wiis, is there a quantity minimum that every toys r us will have at least so many? EVERY TOYS R US Will have them correct?

there is only one Toys R Us in my area (50 mile radius). I called them today and they said they dont know when they will have them in stock. What day will they tell me about the Wiis? If I call Saturday, will they tell me how many they will have? I really want a WII and so does my moms boyfriend. Please tell me as much information as you have on this.[/quote]

There is never a minimum quantity listed on the ad. It all depends on your store (ie. size, grade, etc.). I would suggest you call your store on Saturday and ask an RZone associate about the Wii situation and pray that they are nice/understanding (like me :)). In other words: YMMV!

Hmmmm....I already have GHIII, but I do need a new guitar. Anyone know how much the game-only will net me at Gamestop/FYE/etc? It might end up being cheaper than waiting for the individual controllers to come out next month.

Oh man, there is a glimmering of hope for me getting a Wii! Worst thing happened, the gamestop near where I worked had ONE Wii left last week, I know this because I was telling my co-worker how I wanted a Wii really badly, and called every electronic store in town the week before with no results . So on a whim, he went to the GameStop on his lunch break, and lo and behold, he comes waltzing back in with a brand new Wii. Suffice to say, I was ready to go "hulk smash" all over the place.

[quote name='CRAZYstarscream']Is this a solid, all TrU's will have at least some Wii's Sunday morning?[/quote]

If its advertised, yes all trus will have wiis.

[quote name='GBmanNC']If its advertised, yes all trus will have wiis.[/quote]

Fantastic. My girlfriend wants one and since V-day is next week and her B-day just a couple days after...it'll make a great gift for me...I mean her!

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']Hmmmm....I already have GHIII, but I do need a new guitar. Anyone know how much the game-only will net me at Gamestop/FYE/etc? It might end up being cheaper than waiting for the individual controllers to come out next month.[/quote]

I'll assume you mean for the Wii, as it's the only bundle listed on the first page.

If so, then GS only accepts GHIII (Wii) with game and guitar as a trade in. I am not sure about any other place. If any other place does game only, please inform me so I can do this myself as well.

Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

[quote name='shinryuu']Hm, is it possible to see all retailers restocking their DS Lites due to the new color scheme? =p[/quote]
I'm curious about this as well. I'm likely buying a DS on Sunday and while I like the new color, I may have to reconsider colors if there's a chance I'd actually be able to get a color other than Cobalt (I also like Onyx and Black/Red).

Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:

Great post. Thanks for the list. I hope Darkness and Surf's Up are the same here. Hope this means Dead Rising and Burnout Revenge drop again.

bread's done
Back