- - - - -

The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

#2791 myl0r   SKYRIM! CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

So, I know it's probably too soon to know for sure, but what are some of your thoughts on the Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition?
I've got one sitting around sealed, but now I'm getting REALLY excited for Skyrim, and I never even played Oblivion, I'm getting really tempted to open mine and play through it.

So, will it be worth hanging on to, or should I open it and enjoy it?
Also, similar thoughts on Fallout New Vegas CE?

#2792 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19957 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

if you really want to play it pick up a used copy of Oblivion GOTY for like $15

#2793 Mr Snarp Snarps   The Poor-ish Collector CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Mr Snarp Snarps

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Does anyone know if the gold cart Zelda OoT N64 games are worth more than the gray ones?

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

So, I know it's probably too soon to know for sure, but what are some of your thoughts on the Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition?
I've got one sitting around sealed, but now I'm getting REALLY excited for Skyrim, and I never even played Oblivion, I'm getting really tempted to open mine and play through it.

So, will it be worth hanging on to, or should I open it and enjoy it?
Also, similar thoughts on Fallout New Vegas CE?

I'd keep it sealed. I never even saw a copy of the 360 version sitting on a shelf around here. I think they went unbelievably fast.

#2795 CAG90210   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

is temco bowl for the NES an uncommon game? Couldnt find much about it on ebay and carts only copies on amazon goes for 7.xx

#2796 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Is stadium events nes sealed rare? I bought one at a garage for 50 cents. JK

#2797 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

is temco bowl for the NES an uncommon game? Couldnt find much about it on ebay and carts only copies on amazon goes for 7.xx

I think it's more popular than really uncommon.

#2798 200STM   Bro-Gamer CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

how rare is short stack/ Eggsplosion for the NES I just have the cart

#2799 Indigo_Streetlight  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

how rare is short stack/ Eggsplosion for the NES I just have the cart

http://www.amazon.co...D/dp/B000AXQCFO

If this is what you mean, it's nothing crazy value-wise as far as I know.

#2800 200STM   Bro-Gamer CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

thanks Indigo I use nintendoage to rate how rare my games are

#2801 Broseph   Mischievous Badger CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:44 AM

Bizarre Wal Mart find:

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption

Found it in a massive cardboard dump bin. Scanned it and got the "see an associate for help" message.

I missed this franchise completely. If I understand correctly, this is the last in the series. If I did pick it up, I'd probably play it out of sheer curiosity. Plus, the shelf wear is pretty bad - I couldn't ask top dollar for it. Disc didn't seem loose though, which is a plus.

So. Rare? Or Not Rare? Worth playing? Or Not Worth Playing?

Edited by Broseph, 03 October 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#2802 Kid Fresh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Kid Fresh

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Bizarre Wal Mart find:

Found it in a massive cardboard dump bin. Scanned it and got the "see an associate for help" message.

I missed this franchise completely. If I understand correctly, this is the last in the series. If I did pick it up, I'd probably play it out of sheer curiosity. Plus, the shelf wear is pretty bad - I couldn't ask top dollar for it. Disc didn't seem loose though, which is a plus.

new on amazon at $63

#2803 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

Alright so at a flea market stand (where I always see the same stuff) I saw Harvest Moon for the PS1, but didn't think any of it at the time. I looked it up and apparently it's rare. It's a bit scratched (looks likeit has LOADS of light scratches, and it looks pretty ugly), could this still be worth something?

Along with a scratched Castlevania SotN I saw at there too, I know this game is semi-rare as well, but it's disc only with the top of the case off and it's pretty scratched as well. (I didn't ask about the prices on either, usually it's only best to buy a game there when you're ready to buy, or else you're turn the sellers off to selling to you).

Should I get them?

#2804 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

Bizarre Wal Mart find:

Regarding the last part, I always found the .hack games to be super interesting in terms of concept, but the execution always fell short. Even in 2002 when the first one hit PS2. Me and a friend were enthralled for like a whole day (spent 6-7 hours messing with different word combos) but it never left like it was going anywhere. I think it would be harder to deal with nowadays. I realize that the GU series is a bit newer, but I know it isn't something I could deal with anymore.

TL;DR - If you can buy it cheap and sell it on eBay, it might be worth it.

#2805 Broseph   Mischievous Badger CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

TL;DR - If you can buy it cheap and sell it on eBay, it might be worth it.

Yeah, I love the idea of this franchise. I've been reading up on it a bit. Still, after clicking through a half dozen YouTube vids I'm thinking this would just join the other JRPGs in my backlog.

I'll see what they'll sell it to me for next time I'm there - but due to the considerable shelf wear - I can't really ask top dollar.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

#2806 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Here's a stumper: Trip World, a Japanese game for the Game Boy. I've been trying to find information on it for months, but it seems it's only rare outside of Japan. Can anybody shed some light on it's "rarity"?

#2807 farfus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Ive got a copy of Wolf Fang SS for the japanese saturn in good shape, although i found it on yes asia there werent any copies on ebay. Curious if my fellow cag r's consider this game pretty rare and in their opinion of much value. It looks like the copy at yes asia sells for around $60 or so, im in the process of auctioning a goodly chunk of games but this one kinda is hard to figure price or rarity... checked gametz they only have one copy...

#2808 paddlefoot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Found a Gamecube Action Replay Limited Edition. eBay has some weird prices. Anybody know anything about this thing?

#2809 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19957 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Found a Gamecube Action Replay Limited Edition. eBay has some weird prices. Anybody know anything about this thing?

If it is the version with memory dongle you can sell it for a good price.

#2810 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10013 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Anyone have an idea on the Genesis CDX console? It's a combo Genesis/Sega CD, about the size of a VHS rewinder. I've never seen one in person, but picked one up with AC adapter and two controllers for $12 at Goodwill this morning. According to Wikipedia, they only sold around 5K of them before they were pulled.

#2811 paddlefoot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

If it is the version with memory dongle you can sell it for a good price.

Thank you for the quick response. It is still sealed, dongle and all. Must have got it on clearance somewhere.

#2812 C0dy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

Anyone have an idea on the Genesis CDX console? It's a combo Genesis/Sega CD, about the size of a VHS rewinder. I've never seen one in person, but picked one up with AC adapter and two controllers for $12 at Goodwill this morning. According to Wikipedia, they only sold around 5K of them before they were pulled.

Yessir, cheapest used one on Amazon is currently $160. Nice pickup.

(I'll buy it from you for $12? :lol:)

#2813 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10013 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

Tested it out today using my old Genny RF adapter and played a few levels of Sonic 2. It works!

#2814 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

^Very jealous. Nice score dude.

#2815 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

^Very jealous. Nice score dude.

Me too. If you're looking to sell let me know :o

#2816 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22583 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Tested it out today using my old Genny RF adapter and played a few levels of Sonic 2. It works!

Very nice pick-up. I've read that not only did it have a short production run, but it's also the best Sega CD system to have in terms of quality and playback.

#2817 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19957 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

Only downside is sega does not recommend using32x with cd x

#2818 Nogib   *squeezing* the *juice* CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

Only downside is sega does not recommend using32x with cd x

Yet it works perfectly with it. I think it was Sega being worried that the system was physically less stable with the 32X on top or some b.s. excessive RF was generated by the two. Either way, the CDX and 32X were originally intended to be an officially supported configuration (as evidenced by the 32X user manual).

#2819 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

From what I understand they just never released the physical adapter for plugging it in (like is included for model 2 Genesis).

#2820 Andami   CySec in Training CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Umm, how rare would both Madden 95 and 96 sealed for Gameboy be? I only see one listing for each on Ebay, and both are outrageously priced. Are the games really that desirable, or is the guy just hoping some idiot will pay that much for them?

Edited by Andami, 16 October 2011 - 01:42 AM.