The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='sying']i think ncaa college basketball 2k3 is really rare... smn not so much, it just sucks[/quote]

I sold a sealed 2k3 for $152 sometime last year.

One I hung onto that I thought might be rare one day was Tiger Woods 99 for the PS1. If I remember correctly they recalled the initial release because it had a file on the disc with the whole first episode of South Park.

EDIT: I'm curious about Yoshi Touch n Go and KIrby Canvas Curse for the DS.

I have a sealed Ar Tonelico
Sealed original pikmin
Sealed RE4 Premium Edition for ps2
Played one time MGS 3 Sub : LE with everything.
Sealed FF12 SE * lol? *
xbox360 zero hour faceplate * used it a few times *

anyone know if this stuff is worth money? should i keep them in storage for a bit longer?

[quote name='Unickuta']Anyone know how much Final Fantasy X, black label and sealed, is worth? Because I picked it up at five bucks at a fleamarket today to play it, only to find out that it's going for $250+ on eBay Buy it Now. :D[/quote]

wait.. FFX on PS2? no way it goes for $250+... I had a black label and sold for only like $15 as did all the other ones..sealed or not that's high.

I just saw the auction, yeah that is NOT going to be sold trust me. A greatest hits sealed went for $10.. you can probably guess how much a black label will go.

Forgot to add i also have a played one time Elder Scrolls : Oblivion Collectors Edition for xbox 360 with the Misprint Teen rating on it.

[quote name='Unickuta']Anyone know how much Final Fantasy X, black label and sealed, is worth? Because I picked it up at five bucks at a fleamarket today to play it, only to find out that it's going for $250+ on eBay Buy it Now. :D[/QUOTE]

You mean you saw an auction for it with a BIN of $250 or you actually saw a completed listing that ended at $250? Just because a moron lists it for $250 doesn't mean anything... other than the seller being a moron. A sealed, black label copy gets $50+ but I never saw one going that high. But prices fluctuate too much too follow. Opened copies aren't worth shit.

[quote name='aznguyen316']wait.. FFX on PS2? no way it goes for $250+... I had a black label and sold for only like $15 as did all the other ones..sealed or not that's high.

I just saw the auction, yeah that is NOT going to be sold trust me. A greatest hits sealed went for $10.. you can probably guess how much a black label will go.[/QUOTE]

but its a goofy label.. and the black label version is just so much more prettier to set up on the shelf..

/sarcasim

whoever instigates that "non greatest hits" packaging really makes a difference needs to be shot. no really..

[quote name='Methadon']Wow, is EB rare now? I remember when it came out me and my best friend (we were both big RPG nuts) thought it was God awful! My only interest in the NES version was because I was in the romhacking scene at the time, and that we were calling it Earthbound 0 since part 2 was our part 1.

Anyway, I maintain that EB still sucks ;P[/quote]

you suck

[quote name='Derrick1979']Thats kind of a funny statement you make and can stand strong with arguments for games are to expensive nowdays. If you were old enough to buy games on your own in the NES,SNES,Genesis era you would know games were alot more expensive back then.

I think I remember Phantasy Star IV retailing at gamestores for $90.00. Hell I even paid $75 for Chrono Trigger when it first came out at Bestbuy. If anyone remember's the game Genghis Kahn (maybe typo) which I think was the birth game for the Romance of the three kingdoms games for NES I think that retailed at around $80. Either way back then retailers would slap all kinds of random prices on games and us or our parents would shell out for them, but today people do not want to pay those prices anymore unless is a LE version or something. Me personally I would not pay those prices anymore.[/quote]

well, im 23 y/o now so i was 12 or so when it came out. i clearly remember how expensive games have always been. Shit i rememer paying 59 bucks for wwf no mercy (or something like that) back on the n64

[quote name='WeaponX2099']How about the Karaoke Revolutions (1-3 and Party). They are somewhat rare, right?

I sold my sealed copy of DDS1 on Amazon for $225[/quote]

1-3 go for a good amount of ebay if they're complete and on PS2. You could net around $150 for the trio

[quote name='WeaponX2099']How about the Karaoke Revolutions (1-3 and Party). They are somewhat rare, right?

I sold my sealed copy of DDS1 on Amazon for $225[/quote]

all the Karaoke revolution are rare.

[quote name='urzishra14']whoever instigates that "non greatest hits" packaging really makes a difference needs to be shot. no really..[/quote]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank God, someone else with some sense on the internetz. Plus, many of those 'ugly' Greatest Hits version games fix glitches and bugs present in the original versions.

[quote name='urzishra14']but its a goofy label.. and the black label version is just so much more prettier to set up on the shelf..

/sarcasim

whoever instigates that "non greatest hits" packaging really makes a difference needs to be shot. no really..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank God, someone else with some sense on the internetz. Plus, many of those 'ugly' Greatest Hits version games fix glitches and bugs present in the original versions.[/QUOTE]

Back with the original playstation I would kinda agree with the argument against the "ugly" GH packaging. Whoever thought a green label on a black case looked good is an idiot. Nowadays though I think the PS2 GH red label and the Xbox PH label actually look a bit better than the regular packaging of the games.

As far as being better , if the GH version of the game plays better than the Non-GH version I'm all for it.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Back with the original playstation I would kinda agree with the argument against the "ugly" GH packaging. Whoever thought a green label on a black case looked good is an idiot. Nowadays though I think the PS2 GH red label and the Xbox PH label actually look a bit better than the regular packaging of the games.

As far as being better , if the GH version of the game plays better than the Non-GH version I'm all for it.[/quote]

I think it's great that many people are anal about non-GH games, because then it's easier to pick up the GH games on the cheap and sell the non-GH ones for more than they're worth.

This situation's good for both sides. :cool:

[quote name='Methadon']Wow, is EB rare now? I remember when it came out me and my best friend (we were both big RPG nuts) thought it was God awful! My only interest in the NES version was because I was in the romhacking scene at the time, and that we were calling it Earthbound 0 since part 2 was our part 1.

Anyway, I maintain that EB still sucks ;P[/quote]

That's because Earthbound isn't a queer purple spiky hair anime "lol i haf sword" Japanese RPG, but rather a wiity and clever non-anime game that truly captures humor more than gameplay like none other.

[quote name='Chitown021']Ok folks this isn't a thread for debating the black label vs GH or whether Earthbound is a good game. Keep the thread on track.[/quote]

Yeah, everybody knows that GH doesn't matter and EB is amazing.

:)

But really, I've got some sealed Atari ST games. I doubt they're worth anything, but do you guys know if there's even a market for these things?

heres one.

I have a black label ffvii with everything but disc1 my brother lost it, not sure about condition, about how much could this fetch here on cag

[quote name='LilPaintballer']heres one.

I have a black label ffvii with everything but disc1 my brother lost it, not sure about condition, about how much could this fetch here on cag[/quote]

LOL, this thread is becoming the "CAG Antique Roadshow"

[quote name='LilPaintballer']heres one.

I have a black label ffvii with everything but disc1 my brother lost it, not sure about condition, about how much could this fetch here on cag[/quote]

I have disc one only. :D

I'm still holding onto Xenosaga I Black Label Sealed, waiting for the day people want to buy it.
I sold one for $50 a long time ago, but nothing since.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I'm still holding onto Xenosaga I Black Label Sealed, waiting for the day people want to buy it.
I sold one for $50 a long time ago, but nothing since.[/QUOTE]

Me too, along with II and III. I saw all 3 go for $120 one time but nothing since.

[quote name='Vinny']Me too, along with II and III. I saw all 3 go for $120 one time but nothing since.[/quote]

Yea dont think it was a bad investment being 4.88 or something at TRU. :D

[quote name='dopa345']How about Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for Xbox?[/quote]
sealed copy yeah. sold one awhile back for $85 and a ps2 version for $100.
[quote name='dios']I have a sealed Ar Tonelico
Sealed original pikmin
Sealed RE4 Premium Edition for ps2
Played one time MGS 3 Sub : LE with everything.
Sealed FF12 SE * lol? *
xbox360 zero hour faceplate * used it a few times *

anyone know if this stuff is worth money? should i keep them in storage for a bit longer?[/quote]
ar tonelico - yes, it sells for $100+
original pikmin sealed - yes, its easily worth $80+
re4 premium - not anymore, the wii version killed its rarity (it used to sell $90-$150 new)
mgs3s le - it is but you should have kept it sealed, worth $250+
ff12le - it depends on the buyer. if you sell it with the le guide it could go upto $100. but other than that probably less than it was sold for at when it was released.

[quote name='phear3d']ar tonelico - yes, it sells for $100+[/quote]

I think I've seen one of those around here SOMEPLACE at a store, can't remember which one though. Or was it Tokobot? I forget.

[quote name='phear3d']sealed copy yeah. sold one awhile back for $85 and a ps2 version for $100.

ar tonelico - yes, it sells for $100+
original pikmin sealed - yes, its easily worth $80+
re4 premium - not anymore, the wii version killed its rarity (it used to sell $90-$150 new)
mgs3s le - it is but you should have kept it sealed, worth $250+
ff12le - it depends on the buyer. if you sell it with the le guide it could go upto $100. but other than that probably less than it was sold for at when it was released.[/quote]

Damn that sucks. I have a RE4 premium. I haven't seen any since I bought it when it came out. I had no idea it was going for that much. Wow.

damagedgoods.jpg

QUESTION - I know Marvel vs Capcom 2 is rare, but my disc is damaged, see above image. It plays PERFECTLY and the back only has the standard play wear of very very light scratches. No deep gashes/cuts/scratches. No manual but has the original cover artwork. Any idea of value? (P.S. if anyone is interested in it, send me a PM.)

[quote name='georox']
damagedgoods.jpg

QUESTION - I know Marvel vs Capcom 2 is rare, but my disc is damaged, see above image. It plays PERFECTLY and the back only has the standard play wear of very very light scratches. No deep gashes/cuts/scratches. No manual but has the original cover artwork. Any idea of value? (P.S. if anyone is interested in it, send me a PM.)[/quote]

worth nothing now, i'll take it off your hands for 5 bucks :p

[quote name='aen']worth nothing now, i'll take it off your hands for 5 bucks :p[/quote]

Now anyone have a serious answer?

[quote name='georox']Now anyone have a serious answer?[/QUOTE]
Yes, because only a million were made so if you don't open it for ten years you'll be rich.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Yes, because only a million were made so if you don't open it for ten years you'll be rich.[/quote]

Uhoh... it came pre-opened :O

This thread reminds me to troll harder. But, do people on eBay/here care if the disc artwork is damaged?

[quote name='phear3d']ff12le - it depends on the buyer. if you sell it with the le guide it could go upto $100. but other than that probably less than it was sold for at when it was released.[/quote]

Really? I have my sealed FFXII "LE" + sealed LE guide. They were selling for about $120 at launch, and I'd be surprised if they still went for that much.

[quote name='georox']Uhoh... it came pre-opened :O

This thread reminds me to troll harder. But, do people on eBay/here care if the disc artwork is damaged?[/QUOTE]

I've sold games with permanent markers and some scratches on the artwork side... they usually end a bit under average. But something like that... I think might scare potential buyers depending on how anal they were about the condition. Shouldn't hurt the value too much though as some people might just want a copy for their collection, regardless of condition.

Misprints.. I have a misprinted Saint's Row, but it's not worth anything. In our first shipment, I noticed it. I hate how "gangsta" the box looks with the shiny shit on it, and this misprinted one is awesome. It's the same cover, but instead of shiny letters with black outline, it's black letters with a shiny outline. Check it.

Normal, shiny one:

62af_1.JPG

Mine:

2uivr6e.jpg

I've never seen another copy like that.

[quote name='SaraAB']Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner for the PSP, is it rare, valuable?[/quote]
i would grab it when i see it if i were you. specially since they sell them at gamestops for $17.99 used, $19.99 new (good luck). i dont think anyone took that title seriously.

[quote name='Caliburn']Really? I have my sealed FFXII "LE" + sealed LE guide. They were selling for about $120 at launch, and I'd be surprised if they still went for that much.[/quote]
there was one that i was watching recently for $100.

i was one of the people who were suckered into thinking it was actually "limited" so i preordered it and bought at launch. it was selling more than $100 but only for about a week of its release. this isnt really much of a limited edition release since they had 10-20 upto 30 copies at GS's across the country.

[quote name='Scorch']Misprints.. I have a misprinted Saint's Row, but it's not worth anything. In our first shipment, I noticed it. I hate how "gangsta" the box looks with the shiny shit on it, and this misprinted one is awesome. It's the same cover, but instead of shiny letters with black outline, it's black letters with a shiny outline. Check it.

Normal, shiny one:

62af_1.JPG

Mine:

2uivr6e.jpg

I've never seen another copy like that.[/quote]
with misprints, you have to hold onto them for a long time. SR is probably worth $20 used and i dont think anyone would really care too much for a misprint version. if it was sealed maybe.

Yeah, I am gonna get the monster hunter if I see it, following usual gamestop rules, if its not complete I don't buy it. I just got VP there for 24.99 + edge, complete and like new, dunno if thats good or not but seemed fair to me as ebay prices can be high for that game, and its getting hard to find.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah, I am gonna get the monster hunter if I see it, following usual gamestop rules, if its not complete I don't buy it. I just got VP there for 24.99 + edge, complete and like new, dunno if thats good or not but seemed fair to me as ebay prices can be high for that game, and its getting hard to find.[/quote]

It's a pretty decent game, IMO worth the $20. I'm playing through it n ow.

it was said earlier in the thread that "rare" games on 360 include Oblivion CE T for Teen. I have a sealed one.. you think sometime in the future this will be worth anything? B/c I'm tempted to open it to check out the extras lol

[quote name='aznguyen316']it was said earlier in the thread that "rare" games on 360 include Oblivion CE T for Teen. I have a sealed one.. you think sometime in the future this will be worth anything? B/c I'm tempted to open it to check out the extras lol[/QUOTE]

I would advise against that. If you absolutely have to check out the extras, I'd go with selling the sealed copy and buying a used one for cheaper.

I have a copy of the import Final Fantasy Collection(ff iv,v,vi japanese). It's no longer sealed, but I have all the parts... but my box got owned(corner heavily damaged) in a move. wonder if it still worth anything or every was...

All my discs though are signed by Amano, and he drew a Moogle on the cd portion of the case.

Granted I feel it might not be worth anything in the future:

Age of Empires III Collector's Edition sealed
World of Warcraft: Bruning Crusade Collector's Edition

And the one I know that will sell:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition sealed.

Found more to put on the list o.o

Resident Evil 2 gamecube sealed
Resident Evil 3 gamecube sealed
Resident Evil CV:X gamecube sealed
God of war Black label sealed
Elder Scrolls 4 oblivion CE with Teen rating xbox 360
Castlevania Anniversary Box of goodies that game with Potrait of Ruin.

bread's done
Back