The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

Not mega-rare, but I managed to snag Pikmin 2 and Suikoden 4 for $8 each the other night at Family Video. I know Pikmin 2 goes for a bit, but I'm holding onto this one.

[quote name='phear3d']suikoden 3 is worth around 30 bucks. i dont think theres any difference between the reprint. its too bad the value of that game went down. i remember it being one of the first rare games ive sold on ebay (sold it for $76 when it was hard to find). growlanser generations is worth around 30-40 for the game itself. so maybe 50 bucks for the deluxe set. even the sealed deluxe doesn't sell for much. it was before heritage war came out (fetching for $100+) but since that game was crap the value went down.[/quote]

I have to disagree with the Growlanser Generations price you gave. All the data I have shows the Deluxe version sells for about $70+. The last ebay sale was for $81.60. It has come down from $100 sure, but is still quite expensive.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not mega-rare, but I managed to snag Pikmin 2 and Suikoden 4 for $8 each the other night at Family Video. I know Pikmin 2 goes for a bit, but I'm holding onto this one.[/quote]

Both are good games so enjoy them. Pikmin 2 is the much better find though, $40+.

[quote name='jjgames']I have to disagree with the Growlanser Generations price you gave. All the data I have shows the Deluxe version sells for about $70+. The last ebay sale was for $81.60. It has come down from $100 sure, but is still quite expensive.[/quote]
yeah $70 for a SEALED version. not a complete, used one (i think he was referring to a used one he had). but its not that much expensive considering it came out awhile ago. this retailed at $60. $20 profit isnt as much unless you got it dirt cheap. its going to take awhile for it to be expensive again. unless they release a good sequel.

i wish your site would filter out sealed versions. because sometimes they sell for more. when you have a game like Super Mario for the NES selling for not even $3, then a sealed version would sell for as much as $300.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']I was curious for the following games

Disc Only Tomba

Disc Only Tales of Destiny

Disc Only Persona[/quote]

These prices might be a bit lower since they are game only, but they are close.
Tomba - $60
Tales of Destiny - $60
Persona - $80

Interesting... According to that site Warioware Touched and Tetris DS have really died off here recently.

I agree with Phear3d, there should be a filter for new vs. used as some games have a HUGE difference between the two.

I agree with Phear3d, there should be a filter for new vs. used as some games have a HUGE difference between the two.

Oh, absolutely. There are tons of titles that are common and cheap used, but fetch a massive amount when sealed.

I completely agree that we should separate out the prices for new games and used games. We are currently working on ways to do this and have it on a long line of improvements we want to make.

The site gives a great baseline though for almost every game though. I hope to be able to have two different prices available to people though in the near future so it is even more helpful.

[quote name='Chitown021']
I agree with Phear3d, there should be a filter for new vs. used as some games have a HUGE difference between the two.[/quote]
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Oh, absolutely. There are tons of titles that are common and cheap used, but fetch a massive amount when sealed.[/quote]
in a way dont you think it makes the pricing for used/complete/mint or whatever copies inaccurate (just a tiny bit at least). i absolutely love vgchart and have even recommended it to a few people for their price-check needs. its definitely something that digitpress should have done when they created their database.

Tomba is worth that much!? I just bought a complete Tomba 1, that also had the Tomba 2 disc in the case for $5! I didn't know what it was worth.

Ah, thanks guys.

I should've sold my Suikoden III earlier, I just wanted a chance to play it and figured it would become impossible to find ala 1 and 2. The Growlanser Generations Deluxe I have is still sealed as well (guess I didn't make that clear), hopefully if I hold onto it for a couple years it may become worth something...I'm by no means a hoarder, but I absolutely despised the games and have no intention of keeping it, even if it means I'll have to sell for a loss.

[quote name='phear3d']in a way dont you think it makes the pricing for used/complete/mint or whatever copies inaccurate (just a tiny bit at least). i absolutely love vgchart and have even recommended it to a few people for their price-check needs. its definitely something that digitpress should have done when they created their database.[/QUOTE]

VGCharts is only good for seeing trends and that's it... since they use Amazon prices and track every condition on Ebay (new, used, complete, disc only). I actually use it a lot more often now as Ebay changed their completed auctions to only 30 days.

Do you guys think it's worth picking up a new copy of persona 3? A store around here has a few new copies but they don't seem to be selling for more than retail on ebay.

[quote name='zerolus']Do you guys think it's worth picking up a new copy of persona 3? A store around here has a few new copies but they don't seem to be selling for more than retail on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well... I have my copy still sealed and a Kmart back home has 2 copies just sitting there. But I just can't see why the price for this would ever go up for just an artbook and soundtrack.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd like to know this as well... I have my copy still sealed and a Kmart back home has 2 copies just sitting there. But I just can't see why the price for this would ever go up for just an artbook and soundtrack.[/quote]

I can't say for sure that Persona 3 will increase in value, but sealed games with artbook and soundtrack usually fetch quite a bit more than just sealed ones. Some of the old SNES and NES games used to have maps included inside, games that still have the maps sell for a lot more than ones without. I suspect this will be the same with artbooks and soundtracks.

Would it be worth holding onto a copy of SMT: Devil Summoner? I picked up a copy at GS and was unfortunately a victim of "new game" gutting with it.

[quote name='QiG']Would it be worth holding onto a copy of SMT: Devil Summoner? I picked up a copy at GS and was unfortunately a victim of "new game" gutting with it.[/quote]

Bummer about getting ripped off by Gamestop. I have when they do that. I try to avoid shopping there at all cost because of that.

Regarding the SMT: Devil Summoner, it is hard to say for sure. I don't have much price history on it, but it has been very steady in the $20 for the last 3 months. It comes from a good series collecting wise though. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturn sells for over $100 frequently.

[quote name='QiG']Would it be worth holding onto a copy of SMT: Devil Summoner? I picked up a copy at GS and was unfortunately a victim of "new game" gutting with it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it... it seems like this one isn't as popular. I see used copies all the time at Gamestop and I'm pretty sure my BB (or CC?) has new copies still.

Im not sure if this one is rare but it is kinda hard to find around my parts:

Graffiti Kingdom... I picked it up used at Blockbuster for $5.99 its is complete but has some light scratches.. I remember playing Magic Pengal but someone deleted my save so I never went back to it and sold it to someone.

Thanks

[quote name='Derrick1979']Im not sure if this one is rare but it is kinda hard to find around my parts:

Graffiti Kingdom... I picked it up used at Blockbuster for $5.99 its is complete but has some light scratches.. I remember playing Magic Pengal but someone deleted my save so I never went back to it and sold it to someone.

Thanks[/quote]

Its worth more than $5.99 for sure, but isn't really expensive. Graffiti Kingdom is about $15. Magic Pengel is about the same, $14, so no big deal about selling it to someone.

I bought Devil Summoner new for $20, so im happy about that. Btw my local store has Noctourne with no manual or case going for $60. You think I should bite with edge or wait for a deal or just screw it and look for one with a case?

[quote name='zedarkness']I bought Devil Summoner new for $20, so im happy about that. Btw my local store has Noctourne with no manual or case going for $60. You think I should bite with edge or wait for a deal or just screw it and look for one with a case?[/quote]

Just e-mail Atlus for a case and manual. That's what I did.

[quote name='Bavgate']Just e-mail Atlus for a case and manual. That's what I did.[/quote]
Do I just email them or is there a special sitre or something?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']The lady who does the voice for Ula is the dance instructor for the musical I am acting in. I'm bringing my dreamcast game in for her to sign!!!:D

(I know, I'm a nerd...)[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool.

I love SC5 myself, it's my favorite music game :)

[quote name='zedarkness']Do I just email them or is there a special sitre or something?[/QUOTE]

Just send their CS an email (check their website) asking them if they have any replacement for whatever you need. Depending on their stock, they'll let you what you have to do. I did this with my Nocturne and got a soundtrack and replacement case artwork this way, free of charge.

BTW, just don't advertise this service anywhere... people will just abuse it.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Is Advance Wars: DS getting rare? my FYE has a used, complete copy for $14.99 I was thinking about getting.[/QUOTE]
When I sold mine a few months ago on eBay, it went for $48 shipped.

[quote name='JJSP']When I sold mine a few months ago on eBay, it went for $48 shipped.[/QUOTE]

It's not worth much now since the new game came out. It still goes for like $25 used sometimes I think.

Originally Posted by mickeyp
Space Channel 5 Ulalas Cosmic Attack for GBA anybody think this game is worth $5 or more? I only saw it a few times in the store?
[quote name='donssword']Just $5. There are cheap on ebay and half.com.

The gameplay is unforgiving, and that makes it not so much fun.[/quote]

I was having such a hard time getting the game to work, I returned it. I have the one for the PS2 anyway.

Alright got one for everyone , Konami Arcade Classics for the PS1. When I looked up the price on VGPC , I was surprised to see it averaging about $35. Also what about Castlevania : SotN?

On that note about Castlevania , maybe you all can help me with another problem. I'm trying to decide whether to hold on to my copies of FFT (Black Label) , Castlevania (Black Label) and Valkyrie Profile or whether to sell them. I've already got the PSP versions of all three mentioned games (and the Live arcade version of Castlevania too) so its not like I NEED any of the games any more , but I'm still hesitant to let them go.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Alright got one for everyone , Konami Arcade Classics for the PS1. When I looked up the price on VGPC , I was surprised to see it averaging about $35. Also what about Castlevania : SotN?

On that note about Castlevania , maybe you all can help me with another problem. I'm trying to decide whether to hold on to my copies of FFT (Black Label) , Castlevania (Black Label) and Valkyrie Profile or whether to sell them. I've already got the PSP versions of all three mentioned games (and the Live arcade version of Castlevania too) so its not like I NEED any of the games any more , but I'm still hesitant to let them go.[/quote]
I sold Konami Arcade Classics for $30 Buy It Now on Ebay over the summer. I'm guessing $30-$35 would be about right.

[quote name='endlessPRO']if u have resident evil archive dump it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/RESIDENT-EVIL-A...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

100+![/quote]

I can't believe it always goes for that. That must have been a random thing. I know a place with 4 of thos for (I believe) $30 each!

I'm gonna buy all of em, keep 1 for myself give one to a CAG that actually wants it TO READ and not TO SELL and I'll sell the other two.

because you get people that get so out of control on bidding that they just bid it up to unreasonable amounts. Did the person pay? Who knows. It happens quite often though. I had a person bid up a complete copy of Wild Arms to $94 and I got lucky because they paid. It truly does happen more often than you would think.

[quote name='endlessPRO']http://cgi.ebay.com/Lunar-Silver-St...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

why did lunar 1 go for that much when i see them go around 40-50+[/quote]

[quote name='schuerm26']because you get people that get so out of control on bidding that they just bid it up to unreasonable amounts. Did the person pay? Who knows. It happens quite often though. I had a person bid up a complete copy of Wild Arms to $94 and I got lucky because they paid. It truly does happen more often than you would think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's usually the only reason why that happens.. especially if Ebay's one click bid thing shows up. It's so easy for people to bid out of control.

[quote name='Pookymeister']w00t - sold another Xenosaga BLabel for $50 after sitting in my closet for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit... where did you sell it for $50?

bread's done
Back